Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Happy League 2019/20 Week 21 (of 38) - Deadline Sunday 29th December 14.00 21:53 - Dec 21 with 1737 viewsmfb_cufc

Week 20 Results

NEWCASTLE 1 CRYSTAL PALACE 0

Miguel Almiron scored his first goal for Newcastle to give them a late victory, and take their unbeaten run at home to eight games. A magnificent 7 got this spot-on, and a further 13 had the outcome.

BOLTON 3 SOUTHEND 2
Bolton win with their only three shots on target, as Southend fail to hold onto a lead again, in what is very likely to be a League 2 fixture next season. Nobody had this spot-on, but 20 did get the outcome.

OXFORD UNITED 1 WYCOMBE 0
Oxford inflicted only a second defeat of the season on 10-man Wycombe. 3 got this spot-on, and another 5 had the outcome.

PORTSMOUTH 1 IPSWICH 0
Portsmouth remain unbeaten at home, as they beat 10-man Ipswich, who have now gone eight games in all competitions without a win. What a shame. A magnificent 7 had this spot-on and a further 10 got the outcome.

FOREST GREEN 2 SWINDON 2
Forest Green get a 95th minute equaliser, as the came from two goals down. That was good news for eagledares and wessex_exile who were the only ones to get this spot-on, and 8 more had the outcome.

OLDHAM 2 CRAWLEY 1
Oldham come from behind to beat a Crawley team that are now winless in the League since they beat the U's nine games ago. 3 had this spot-on, and another 18 got the outcome with an incredible 15 going for a 1-0 in what was without a doubt the weeks most predicted score.

An intriguing set of fixtures that looked hard to predict - well they did for me anyhow - ended up producing five home wins, and the overall total of 140 points gave us the best six game week of the season so far. This was helped in no small way by the hat-trick of 1-0 wins, that makes it the top result for the season with 21, one more than the 2-1, and five more than the 1-1 in third. A member to take full advantage of those 1-0 wins was Daniel as he had them all spot-on, and with two outcomes he is this weeks top scorer with a brilliant 11 points. This follows on from the 12 points that won him that honour last week, and the 19 points he obtained from the Happy Cup the previous week. A phenomenal run of form probably never seen in Happy competitions before. Six members got two 3 pointers, the ones who came out best with an excellent 9 points each were eagledares, who had the Oldham 2-1 to go with the Forest Green 2-2, noah4x4 who had the 1-0 wins for Newcastle and Oxford, and ghughes11, who had the 1-0 wins for Newcastle and Portsmouth. They all got three outcomes. The other members to have two 3 pointers were concordman, basher2010 and gsy163, All three also had the 1-0 wins for Newcastle and Portsmouth.

Champions League We are now round to the final week of qualifying for this seasons competition, and it couldn't be any closer, it looks certain to be decided on the last of the six games. After looking like qualifying in his own right most of the season, current holder BFG could now be grateful for qualifying as holder. The member in that all important eleventh and final qualifying spot is TheFatGooner with his 91 points. But it is only on the most 3 pointer rule, and with six members within 3 points of that total it all to play for.

In the Premier Could this be a defining week for deciding who is going to be this seasons champ. The noah4x4 lead had been reduced recently, but after an excellent week for him, he has extended it to a seasons best 23 points. Like many in this division Sector4 and sevebalo found it tough going, but they remain in the other Charity Shield spots. After a consistent run of form TheFatGooner moves up three places, and back into the top half for the first time since Week 3. The excellent score for eagledares moved him up a couple of places, but more importantly gives him an outside chance of making the Champions League now. For those in the relegation zone the gap to safety continues to get bigger. At least Colukev finally got off the bottom for the first time since Week 1. The lack of 3 pointers is not helping the cause for TheHappyGooner now going 44 games without one, and gerry_us taking his total without one to 66, but as he pointed out he has incredibly as many outcomes as leader noah4x4.

In Division One We have a new leader with the red hot form from Daniel seeing him reclaim the top spot he last held after Week 12. Four outcomes were enough for Blue4U2 to hold onto the other automatic spot. Another good week for basher2010 takes him up a couple of places to a seasons high third, on the most 3 pointer rule, that means concordman remains fourth. Last weeks leader Lewis_1 has to settle for fifth this week, and the final play-off spot is reclaimed by blueeagle, who again benefited by going 2-1 all games. An excellent week for ghughes11 that moved him up three places, and a decent one for the second week running for gsy163 means both improved their play-off hopes, and gave them every chance of qualifying for the Champions League.

THE TABLES (144 out of 280 played)
(Tie-breaker: Most 3 pointers, and then the first to post)

Week 21 Fixtures With only a batch of Premier League games being played on the Saturday, we go to a rare Sunday for this weeks fixtures. DON'T FORGET THE DEADLINE IS 14.00

ARSENAL v CHELSEA (14.00)
HUDDERSFIELD TOWN v BLACKBURN ROVERS
QUEENS PARK RANGERS v HULL CITY
ROTHERHAM UNITED v PETERBOROUGH UNITED
WYCOMBE WANDERERS v COVENTRY CITY
NORTHAMPTON TOWN v CHELTENHAM TOWN

Good luck and a very Merry Christmas to you all.

mfb

Happy League 2019/20 Week 21 (of 38) - Deadline Sunday 29th December 14.00 on 11:47 - Dec 29 with 519 viewsbasher2010

0-2
1-0
2-1
2-1
1-0
1-0
Happy League 2019/20 Week 21 (of 38) - Deadline Sunday 29th December 14.00 on 11:49 - Dec 29 with 519 viewsbasher2010

0-2
1-0
2-1
2-1
1-0
1-0
Happy League 2019/20 Week 21 (of 38) - Deadline Sunday 29th December 14.00 on 12:01 - Dec 29 with 516 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Week 21

ARSENAL v CHELSEA 1-1
HUDDERSFIELD TOWN v BLACKBURN ROVERS 1-1
QUEENS PARK RANGERS v HULL CITY 1-1
ROTHERHAM UNITED v PETERBOROUGH UNITED 1-1
WYCOMBE WANDERERS v COVENTRY CITY 1-1
NORTHAMPTON TOWN v CHELTENHAM TOWN 1-1

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

Happy League 2019/20 Week 21 (of 38) - Deadline Sunday 29th December 14.00 on 13:30 - Dec 29 with 513 viewssevebalo

I don’t know what day it is

ARSENAL v CHELSEA (14.00) 1-2
HUDDERSFIELD TOWN v BLACKBURN ROVERS 1-0
QUEENS PARK RANGERS v HULL CITY 1-1
ROTHERHAM UNITED v PETERBOROUGH UNITED 1-2
WYCOMBE WANDERERS v COVENTRY CITY 2-1
NORTHAMPTON TOWN v CHELTENHAM TOWN 3-1
Happy League 2019/20 Week 21 (of 38) - Deadline Sunday 29th December 14.00 on 17:57 - Dec 29 with 500 viewswessex_exile

Happy League 2019/20 Week 21 (of 38) - Deadline Sunday 29th December 14.00 on 10:06 - Dec 26 by wessex_exile

ARSENAL v CHELSEA (14.00) 2-2
HUDDERSFIELD TOWN v BLACKBURN ROVERS 1-2
QUEENS PARK RANGERS v HULL CITY 2-0
ROTHERHAM UNITED v PETERBOROUGH UNITED 1-1
WYCOMBE WANDERERS v COVENTRY CITY 3-2
NORTHAMPTON TOWN v CHELTENHAM TOWN 2-1

Well there goes my last chance to sneak into my own U'sual Champions League competition :-)

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

Happy League 2019/20 Week 21 (of 38) - Deadline Sunday 29th December 14.00 on 08:35 - Dec 30 with 478 viewsnoah4x4

Happy League 2019/20 Week 21 (of 38) - Deadline Sunday 29th December 14.00 on 17:57 - Dec 29 by wessex_exile

Well there goes my last chance to sneak into my own U'sual Champions League competition :-)

Can you perhaps advise me please Wessex? Or maybe even join my squad on loan and become my nominated Champions League player?

I have zero interest in overpaid European over inflated ego footballers hence don't know my Bratislava from my Bratwurst. All I can offer is pin sticking rather than the science and application that I use in the regular Happy League. Give me good old EFL any day!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024