Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Grecians to have a hair-raising experience on Super Sunday at the JSCS 22:35 - Dec 28 with 1402 viewsdurham_exile

After a superb and well-deserved victory at Orient on Boxing Day JM and his charges entertain the Grecians on a Sunday at the JSCS.

This is a big and important game with the opportunity for Colchester to move into the automatic promotion places.

Table after Boxing day:

Swindon 23 46
Exeter 23 43
Crewe 22 38
COL U 22 37
Bradford 22 37
FGR 23 37
Cheltenham 22 36
Plymouth 21 35

Make no mistake tomorrow is huge with Exeter going to provide a strong challenge for the Super U’s. Matt Taylor has led his team to only one defeat in the last 12 games. Whilst Colchester are now 8 games unbeaten. Two form teams therefore going head to head and I am predicting a United victory by 3-1.

JM is beginning to accept that he can use his squad to good effect, and they are responding well with some good football and some splendid possession and some super goals.

The back four have been consistent this season and is one of the reasons why we have only conceded 20 goals. That is why it was pleasing to see Omar Sowunmi slot in so well at Brisbane Road. In pre-season I watched the team against the Cefn Druids, and he looked head and shoulders (literally) above the other players. Notwithstanding the opposition he looked sharp and assured and it seems that the pairing of Eastman and Prosser has been outstanding, hence his limited opportunities. He also played well against Macclesfield at Moss Rose recently.

Ryan Jackson and Cohen Bramall (note to Cardiff keep your hands off our defender) have been the other two important links at the back and the back four has been solid as a result. Luke Prosser should therefore not play if he is not fully fit tomorrow.

In midfield JM refuses to play his best three players in Pell, Stevenson and Comley. I know why, he wants his wingers but against a team like Exeter, we can still take the game to them, but I would love to see those three as the midfield dream team. They offer strength, composure, ability and dynamism in equal measure.

There is still room for Poku and Harriott and then a single out and out striker in Robinson or Norris or Big Frank.

Gambin can warm the bench and still influence the game later on. Will Courtney Senior play or will he occupy a bench position.

Let us try the following in a 4,3,2,1 formation:

Gerken

Jackson Eastman Sowunmi Bramall

Pell Stevenson Comley

Poku Harriott

Robinson

Subs:

Ross Lapslie Senior Norris Brown Nouble Gambin

Jevani (Panenka) Brown must surely be given some game time eventually and what about the forgotten man Junior who seems destined to become another Macca Bonne. I do hope not because he may be needed towards the end of the season!

Colchester weather at match time is likely to be 6 degrees Celsius, mostly sunny and certainly dry.

I know that it is a Sunday but there is no reason why we can’t see a 5,000 gate for this important game.

40 points at the half way point will set us up nicely for the second half of the season and the prospect of League One football next season. There is plenty still to do but three points against the Grecians will give a huge boost prior to Crawley’s visit on New Year’s Day and the vital game at Stevenage next Saturday.

Safe journey to all travelling to the game. Enjoy the match and cheer on the Super U’s to three more important points.

Up the U’s

A very Happy New Year to all boarders.

Durham_exile

Grecians to have a hair-raising experience on Super Sunday at the JSCS on 18:07 - Dec 30 with 350 viewsburnsieespana

Anybody know the extent of Prosser's injury?
Thank goodness we have money in the bank and transfer window about to open.
Grecians to have a hair-raising experience on Super Sunday at the JSCS on 18:36 - Dec 30 with 338 viewsdurham_exile

Grecians to have a hair-raising experience on Super Sunday at the JSCS on 18:07 - Dec 30 by burnsieespana

Anybody know the extent of Prosser's injury?
Thank goodness we have money in the bank and transfer window about to open.

Burnsie

Luke Prosser has a knee injury
Cohen Bramall ankle injury (Cardiff still sniffing around)
Courtney Senior groin injury sustained in warm up yesterday
Paris Cowan-Hall long term Achilles injury
Omar Sowunmi - injury not identified
Tom Lapslie suspended following red card
Big Frank Nouble running on empty

Clampin can come in and Kensdale who I have only seen play once.

Wiredu seems to have fallen out of favour
Jevani Brown must play at some stage

I am unclear as to what if any transfer targets we have in mind.

It seems likely that Robinson will have his loan term extended.

UTU's

Durham_exile

Grecians to have a hair-raising experience on Super Sunday at the JSCS on 18:45 - Dec 30 with 333 viewswessex_exile

Grecians to have a hair-raising experience on Super Sunday at the JSCS on 18:36 - Dec 30 by durham_exile

Burnsie

Luke Prosser has a knee injury
Cohen Bramall ankle injury (Cardiff still sniffing around)
Courtney Senior groin injury sustained in warm up yesterday
Paris Cowan-Hall long term Achilles injury
Omar Sowunmi - injury not identified
Tom Lapslie suspended following red card
Big Frank Nouble running on empty

Clampin can come in and Kensdale who I have only seen play once.

Wiredu seems to have fallen out of favour
Jevani Brown must play at some stage

I am unclear as to what if any transfer targets we have in mind.

It seems likely that Robinson will have his loan term extended.

UTU's

Hasn't Wiredu gone back to Charlton, thought I read that somewhere? Prosser's injury was described post-match (the Carlisle game) as "a slight twinge in the knee", with no suggestion that is was anything serious.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Grecians to have a hair-raising experience on Super Sunday at the JSCS on 18:52 - Dec 30 with 329 viewsdurham_exile

Grecians to have a hair-raising experience on Super Sunday at the JSCS on 18:45 - Dec 30 by wessex_exile

Hasn't Wiredu gone back to Charlton, thought I read that somewhere? Prosser's injury was described post-match (the Carlisle game) as "a slight twinge in the knee", with no suggestion that is was anything serious.

Wessex thanks for the update on Wiredu I hadn't read that he went back on 12 December.

Hopefully Sowunmi injury is not serious

UTU's
[Post edited 30 Dec 2019 18:55]

Durham_exile

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024