Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
300k again 13:00 - Jan 10 with 11447 viewsDale23years

https://www.footballinsider247.com/exclusive-portsmouth-sunderland-in-hunt-to-si

Poll: Renewing your season ticket

300k again on 13:12 - Jan 10 with 6002 viewsForever_and_a_Dale

Would be a real shame to lose Ollie mid season. Makes a real difference whenever he plays and won't be easy to replace
300k again on 13:16 - Jan 10 with 5978 viewsrochdaleriddler

300k again on 13:12 - Jan 10 by Forever_and_a_Dale

Would be a real shame to lose Ollie mid season. Makes a real difference whenever he plays and won't be easy to replace

Think £1 million more like it

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

300k again on 13:27 - Jan 10 with 5909 viewsChaffRAFC

This would be a huge loss. Huge.

We have nobody else who does bridge that gap between the middle and the front man/men.

When he was out of the side, nobody did it and we were stuck trying to play football and it was just getting to Morley who was trying to find players with long balls and we were garbage.

We are infinitely better with him in the side. Take the Accy and Newcastle games, he was outstanding in both because we were able to push and get in their half and cause problems.

Literally nobody else can do that in our squad

The lad is more important than Camps in our squad for my money.

So no doubt £250k plus a twix will see him gone.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

300k again on 13:28 - Jan 10 with 5900 viewsboromat

Ollie isn't an unproven 16 year old so we should be capable of getting a decent fee. A minimum of 700k surely!

Poll: What are we more excited for?

300k again on 13:31 - Jan 10 with 5855 viewsKenBoon

Hasn't he recently signed a longer term contract? If so there's no need to flog mid-season.
300k again on 13:32 - Jan 10 with 5846 viewsupthedale

300k again on 13:27 - Jan 10 by ChaffRAFC

This would be a huge loss. Huge.

We have nobody else who does bridge that gap between the middle and the front man/men.

When he was out of the side, nobody did it and we were stuck trying to play football and it was just getting to Morley who was trying to find players with long balls and we were garbage.

We are infinitely better with him in the side. Take the Accy and Newcastle games, he was outstanding in both because we were able to push and get in their half and cause problems.

Literally nobody else can do that in our squad

The lad is more important than Camps in our squad for my money.

So no doubt £250k plus a twix will see him gone.

Couldn't agree more (although hopefully your last sentence is wrong obviously!), probably the first name on the team sheet for me. I was only optimistic at Accy when I saw his name.
300k again on 13:37 - Jan 10 with 5796 viewsAncoats_Blue

I don't take much stock in these rumour sites. I think Camps has been leaving every window since he broke the first team. Jonny Diba was going to be Chelsea's #1. Matheson is going to ManU... etc.

But it would be a massive loss if Rathbone went in Jan. Letting him go to a league rival is unthinkable at this stage of the season given we're so close to the bottom 3. The club need to hold firm 'til Summer on this given the cup windfall. Same for the other better players in the squad.

Money aside (big factor, obviously and it turns most heads) there's not much in it for Rathbone to join Pompey or Sunderland now vs the summer. I can't see either of them getting promoted so no immediate chance for Championship football. Another L1 season whether he stays or goes (assuming we stay up).

If someone like Rotherham, Ipswich or an existing Championship club came knocking it'd make more sense for him to move.
300k again on 13:39 - Jan 10 with 5785 viewstodmordendale

When you look at the Premiership regularly paying 25 million plus for useless foreign shite like Joelinton. Ollie has to be up there with them. 5million is too cheap.
I recall Kenny Dalgliesh paying millions for Brazilian Raphael Scheidt. He was.
Login to get fewer ads

300k again on 13:43 - Jan 10 with 5731 viewsD_Alien

Once again, it's all about potential release clauses

If Ollie's agent made provision at a certain amount, there's rock all we can do - if Ollie wants to go, or gets his head turned by much higher wages. He recently met up with his mate from the Man U youth setup, Scott McTominay, when we played them at OT. Is anyone going to be critical if he didn't feel a huge pang of envy at the difference in status and income between them?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

300k again on 13:43 - Jan 10 with 5755 viewsjonahwhereru

He is on a three year deal, so we could try and extract a decent chunk for him. But other considerations are in the mix. Camps is out of contract and can’t see BBM wanting to loose both of them, not that they are the same type of player. If we can get Camps to resign on same terms, then I would see the sense in letting Rathbone go for 750k plus. Especially if we could tempt United to part with Hamilton for south of 400k. Although we couldn’t move for him until the summer once he has crossed the line for Bolton.
Ollie is the type of player I like a lot. Hamilton is a similar swashbuckler who is not afraid to shoot.
300k again on 13:45 - Jan 10 with 5749 viewsAncoats_Blue

300k again on 13:39 - Jan 10 by todmordendale

When you look at the Premiership regularly paying 25 million plus for useless foreign shite like Joelinton. Ollie has to be up there with them. 5million is too cheap.

Dale do seem to sell on the cheap. I get we're a selling club and have to be. But with the way transfer fees have been vastly inflated over the last 10 years you'd expect us to be holding out for more money than the rumoured £3-500k figure behind a lot of our "undisclosed" fees.

Posh have done really well in recent seasons selling onto top-end Championship or Premier League clubs.
300k again on 13:46 - Jan 10 with 5722 viewsD_Alien

300k again on 13:45 - Jan 10 by Ancoats_Blue

Dale do seem to sell on the cheap. I get we're a selling club and have to be. But with the way transfer fees have been vastly inflated over the last 10 years you'd expect us to be holding out for more money than the rumoured £3-500k figure behind a lot of our "undisclosed" fees.

Posh have done really well in recent seasons selling onto top-end Championship or Premier League clubs.

I repeat... release clauses in contracts make "holding out" irrelevant

300k again on 13:46 - Jan 10 with 5723 viewsdingdangblue

300k again on 13:28 - Jan 10 by boromat

Ollie isn't an unproven 16 year old so we should be capable of getting a decent fee. A minimum of 700k surely!

The problem is £700k isn't a decent fee these days for very good league 1 players with bags of potential (lets face it he spent his whole youth at Man Utd so he's not just burst on the scene). If he was already at Sunderland and Blackburn were interested in him they would be talking millions.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

300k again on 13:47 - Jan 10 with 5725 viewsNigeriamark

300k again on 13:28 - Jan 10 by boromat

Players are only worth what a club is prepared to pay. However in this situation, if there are genuinely 4 clubs after him you would think there would be a chance of a better fee and still get add ons
300k again on 13:59 - Jan 10 with 5652 viewsboromat

300k again on 13:46 - Jan 10 by dingdangblue

The problem is £700k isn't a decent fee these days for very good league 1 players with bags of potential (lets face it he spent his whole youth at Man Utd so he's not just burst on the scene). If he was already at Sunderland and Blackburn were interested in him they would be talking millions.

I was going off our recent sales of central midfielders. Allen, Cannon, Adshead. They were undisclosed fees but rumoured to range from 200k to 500k I think off memory (listed below). So 700k or above would be a good return especially with all the add ons included. We wouldn't be talking millions unless we were selling a striker.

Cannon - 200k - 250k
Allen - 400k - 600k
Adshead - 300k

Poll: What are we more excited for?

300k again on 14:18 - Jan 10 with 5569 viewsdingdangblue

300k again on 13:59 - Jan 10 by boromat

I was going off our recent sales of central midfielders. Allen, Cannon, Adshead. They were undisclosed fees but rumoured to range from 200k to 500k I think off memory (listed below). So 700k or above would be a good return especially with all the add ons included. We wouldn't be talking millions unless we were selling a striker.

Cannon - 200k - 250k
Allen - 400k - 600k
Adshead - 300k

I thought Cannon was £150k.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

300k again on 14:20 - Jan 10 with 5574 viewsrochdaleriddler

300k again on 13:46 - Jan 10 by D_Alien

I repeat... release clauses in contracts make "holding out" irrelevant

Is there such a clause in his contract?

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

300k again on 14:26 - Jan 10 with 5521 viewsD_Alien

300k again on 14:20 - Jan 10 by rochdaleriddler

See other thread

300k again on 14:33 - Jan 10 with 5500 viewsdingdangblue

300k again on 14:20 - Jan 10 by rochdaleriddler

Another thing is everyone knows Dale are a selling club who aren't likely going to hold a player who wants to move - we should'nt be agreeing to release clauses - what's wrong with negotiating a price? Surely Agents want as big a transfer fee possible so they can get their percentage? Why would an agent want a £300k release if there are clubs willing to pay an awful lot more these days?

300k again on 14:40 - Jan 10 with 5473 viewsBigKindo

300k again on 13:39 - Jan 10 by todmordendale

Allegedly Newcastle paid £ 40 million for Joelinton and £ 58 million for Almeiron.
300k again on 14:40 - Jan 10 with 5470 viewssweetcorn

I like rathbone and think he's a decent player, but I wouldn't be too upset at losing him in the summer if we got a good fee. I personally think he's replaceable, especially in the summer when we have time to find a replacement.

I think olly looks much better at the minute due to the fact we have no other midfielder who can perform the job he does for the team currently, hence why it's important he isn't allowed to leave now,. however, he'd in my opinion be finding himself on the bench if we still had the peak trio of Allen, Lund and an in form camps.
[Post edited 10 Jan 2020 14:41]

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

300k again on 14:45 - Jan 10 with 5433 viewsD_Alien

300k again on 14:33 - Jan 10 by dingdangblue

Another thing is everyone knows Dale are a selling club who aren't likely going to hold a player who wants to move - we should'nt be agreeing to release clauses - what's wrong with negotiating a price? Surely Agents want as big a transfer fee possible so they can get their percentage? Why would an agent want a £300k release if there are clubs willing to pay an awful lot more these days?

Two reasons:

If the club won't agree to sell, the agent gets X% of f*ck all

And, if a player is being sold on with add-ons as part of the release clause, the agent is more than likely to receive a % of future, higher transfer fees (averaged out over the group of players in the agent's stable)

300k again on 14:48 - Jan 10 with 5439 viewselectricblue

Should Ollie Rathbone leave for anything under £500k this month then questions should be aimed at the board for an explanation.....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

300k again on 14:48 - Jan 10 with 5419 viewsD_Alien

300k again on 14:40 - Jan 10 by BigKindo

Allegedly Newcastle paid £ 40 million for Joelinton and £ 58 million for Almeiron.

I rate Almiron, it was almost a pleasure watching him cut us open last week, and his goal was pure class. If he was playing with better players he'd look even better

300k again on 15:05 - Jan 10 with 5354 viewsjonahwhereru

300k again on 14:33 - Jan 10 by dingdangblue

If we put a sign up saying no release clauses, players out of contract like Rathbone was and Camps is would be less inclined to resign. They are entitled to say I want to sound out it if the approaching club is prepared to offer them more money. After all they can get better terms from a new club if they walk decide not to renew as the club don’t have to pay a fee.
The option of additional year/s at the club’s choice is a tactic I like, but if a player knows his worth he would probably insist on it being the other way around.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024