Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Shrimps to be potted by the Super U's at the Globe Arena 15:21 - Jan 10 with 928 viewsdurham_exile

After the failure to beat ten-man Stevenage last Saturday, JM takes his charges to the Globe Arena for a vital League Two encounter this Saturday. The support was superb last week with the faithful effectively the 12th man and willing the ball into the net, but alas it wasn’t to be.

This week we play the Shrimps who have already won at the JSCS this season and so we not only owe them big time, but also need to get back onto the winning trail after three successive draws.

The fall out from the Jevani Brown saga shows no signs of abating. JM reckons that he is still an asset for the club and then immediately says we are seeking a replacement. Especially as the Theo Robinson issue has been mishandled. Its almost as if he or Tony Humes has been seeking guidance from Ed Woodward who is also making a spectacular hash of failing to bring in new replacements at Old Trafford.

Robinson has gone back to Southend and we have no replacement. But actually, we do. Junior now has game time, fitness and an eye for goal. What we do need however is a Number 10. JM says that the reason that Jevani Brown was not given more outings was the fact that Kwame Poku has done so well. But we knew that when he was signed at the beginning of the season. He has loads of potential and is showing that in spades.

Whereas Brown was not given a fair crack of the whip although he lost lots of brownie points (no pun intended) against Spurs with that infamous Panenka penalty.

So, JM is seeking a new number 9 (well good luck with that). I suggested several old stagers who would be suitable the other day, but it is unlikely that the club would go for any of those.

Anyway, happier matters. Harry Pell has deservedly won the PFA fans POTM for his recent performances.

Derek Adams has brought in four new players at Morecambe including Jordan Slew, Adam Phillips, Ryan Cooney and Toumani Diagouragon. Well I’m sorry but we must not only see them off tomorrow but also score a few goals. We were not clinical enough last week, and several players hadn’t brought their shooting boots.

The table remains tight:

Swindon 26 50
Exeter 25 47
Crewe 24 44
Bradford 25 44
Cheltenham 25 41
Plymouth 24 41
FGR 26 41
COL U 25 40

Swindon will be smarting this week. Eoin Doyle was recalled from his loan by Bradford. Having scored 23 goals in 22 matches, the Bantams will be hoping that he can replicate that form at Valley Parade to fire them to League One. It may not of course!

Paris Cowan-Hall is likely to be back in the squad for tomorrow. Courtney Senior is still not fit, and neither is Cohen Bramall. I was disappointed with both Harriott and Gambin last week and feel both need a rest. Gambin was ill at ease on the surface and probably not 100% after the red card challenge from Soares. Harriott tried too many step overs and both were reluctant to shoot when well placed.

Therefore, JM may go with the following tomorrow:

Gerken

Jackson Eastman Prosser Clampin

Comley Pell Stevenson

Nouble Poku

Junior

Subs:

Ross Lapslie Kensdale Cowan-Hall Harriott Norris James

A word of caution for the travelling faithful. The M6 will be closed this weekend northbound between J32 and J33.

The weather is likely to be mild and wet with 10 degrees Celsius and mainly cloudy. With another heavy pitch give Gambin a rest altogether and use Harriott only as a sub at best.

Safe journey to the travelling faithful.

For those with extra time to spare, Atkinsons in Albert Road Morecambe serve excellent fish n chips and although the weather may be against it, the views (if the tide is in) from the front are worthy of consideration.

Enjoy the game. Prediction 4-0 to the Super U’s

UTU’s

Durham_exile

Shrimps to be potted by the Super U's at the Globe Arena on 16:18 - Jan 10 with 906 viewsgerry_us

You and "Fish & Chips!"
Good to see you are predicting Junior to start and that was my feeling as well, even naming him as first scorer. My gut feeling however is that McGreal will not see the light and will maybe give him 15 minutes this week! A good win this weekend is absolutely needed, if not our aspirations for LG 1 can be put on hold for another year. Failure to "bury" the bottom two teams in the division in totally unacceptable.
Enjoy your day. Hope to catch up with you soon Peter.
Shrimps to be potted by the Super U's at the Globe Arena on 16:39 - Jan 10 with 908 viewsnoah4x4

Unattached Wifred Bony back in training at Newport County linked with Col Utd....?

Unlikely, but thought I might start the rumour mill.....rofl!
Shrimps to be potted by the Super U's at the Globe Arena on 18:10 - Jan 10 with 895 viewsdurham_exile

Shrimps to be potted by the Super U's at the Globe Arena on 16:18 - Jan 10 by gerry_us

You and "Fish & Chips!"
Good to see you are predicting Junior to start and that was my feeling as well, even naming him as first scorer. My gut feeling however is that McGreal will not see the light and will maybe give him 15 minutes this week! A good win this weekend is absolutely needed, if not our aspirations for LG 1 can be put on hold for another year. Failure to "bury" the bottom two teams in the division in totally unacceptable.
Enjoy your day. Hope to catch up with you soon Peter.

Gerry I am flying the flag for Junior.

He had a cameo last week and was unlucky not to score. Give him 90 minutes he has pace and will scare defences.

UTU's

Durham_exile

Shrimps to be potted by the Super U's at the Globe Arena on 14:07 - Jan 11 with 843 viewswessex_exile

Squad list has been tweeted, as follows:

Gerken

Harriott Pell Stevenson

Nouble Poku

Norris

Subs:

Ross Lapslie Kensdale Junior Comley Fernandes Gambin

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

Shrimps to be potted by the Super U's at the Globe Arena on 14:18 - Jan 11 with 840 viewsdurham_exile

Shrimps to be potted by the Super U's at the Globe Arena on 14:07 - Jan 11 by wessex_exile

Gerken

Harriott Pell Stevenson

Nouble Poku

Norris

Subs:

Wessex thanks for the update.

Weather here 10 degrees and currently dry
Overcast and not as windy as at home where we had a 10 hour power cut this morning!

Feeling confident about the score.

Noah is here and enjoying pre match fare.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Shrimps to be potted by the Super U's at the Globe Arena on 14:29 - Jan 11 with 837 viewswessex_exile

Shrimps to be potted by the Super U's at the Globe Arena on 14:18 - Jan 11 by durham_exile

Wessex thanks for the update.

Weather here 10 degrees and currently dry
Overcast and not as windy as at home where we had a 10 hour power cut this morning!

Feeling confident about the score.

Noah is here and enjoying pre match fare.

Up the U's

Hope you get the result that your efforts deserve - Up the U's!

Up the U's

Shrimps to be potted by the Super U's at the Globe Arena on 14:52 - Jan 11 with 822 viewsgerry_us

Shrimps to be potted by the Super U's at the Globe Arena on 14:07 - Jan 11 by wessex_exile

Gerken

Harriott Pell Stevenson

Nouble Poku

Norris

Subs:

Pity that McG has no ambition and will not in anyway replace that wandering clown Nouble with Junior.
How about 82nd minute sub today then?
Shrimps to be potted by the Super U's at the Globe Arena on 14:57 - Jan 11 with 826 viewsGOSBTS

Up the U’s! Hoping for 3 points today, however they come.
Login to get fewer ads

Shrimps to be potted by the Super U's at the Globe Arena on 15:38 - Jan 11 with 810 viewsgerry_us

Shrimps to be potted by the Super U's at the Globe Arena on 14:52 - Jan 11 by gerry_us

Pity that McG has no ambition and will not in anyway replace that wandering clown Nouble with Junior.

Well, that had the desired effect!
Shrimps to be potted by the Super U's at the Globe Arena on 15:38 - Jan 11 with 818 viewswessex_exile

Was just about to post that FGR losing at Mansfield, and the U's were back into the play-offs as things stand - then up steps Frank to make it 1-0!!!

Come on Col U!

Up the U's

Shrimps to be potted by the Super U's at the Globe Arena on 15:42 - Jan 11 with 815 viewsMoor_Pinot

Shrimps to be potted by the Super U's at the Globe Arena on 15:38 - Jan 11 by wessex_exile

Was just about to post that FGR losing at Mansfield, and the U's were back into the play-offs as things stand - then up steps Frank to make it 1-0!!!

Come on Col U!

Rather like last season at this time Frank has been poor for weeks Wessex but he's looked better again during the three drawn games and scored twice - confidence?

Moor Pinot

Shrimps to be potted by the Super U's at the Globe Arena on 16:43 - Jan 11 with 794 viewsthrillseeker

I'm not saying Junior is our goal scoring saviour but by giving him just 9 minutes we will never find out
Shrimps to be potted by the Super U's at the Globe Arena on 16:49 - Jan 11 with 779 viewsgerry_us

Shrimps to be potted by the Super U's at the Globe Arena on 14:52 - Jan 11 by gerry_us

Yep...Junior on 82 minutes. I win

Pathetic..
Shrimps to be potted by the Super U's at the Globe Arena on 17:03 - Jan 11 with 766 viewsgerry_us

Well, we really showed these bottom teams who is boss eh?
Bring on Macclesfield. We surely can't get any worse. Erm!
Shrimps to be potted by the Super U's at the Globe Arena on 17:11 - Jan 11 with 765 viewsLeadbelly

Looking forward to McGreal’s comments. I predict “unbeaten run” and “conditions” will be mentioned but not the inability to beat the bottom two sides in the last two games. The long trip was offered up before today’s game.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Shrimps to be potted by the Super U's at the Globe Arena on 17:15 - Jan 11 with 762 viewsburnsieespana

We are defo once again on the slide although amazingly we are only 3 points of third!
We need a couple of players to come in to galvanise things.
Yes 12 games without defeat is good but far to many draws and a couple of defeats could put us in the manure good and proper equally I suppose two wins will have the opposite effect.
Shrimps to be potted by the Super U's at the Globe Arena on 17:24 - Jan 11 with 757 viewsLeadbelly

Shrimps to be potted by the Super U's at the Globe Arena on 17:11 - Jan 11 by Leadbelly

Looking forward to McGreal’s comments. I predict “unbeaten run” and “conditions” will be mentioned but not the inability to beat the bottom two sides in the last two games. The long trip was offered up before today’s game.

Pretty much as predicted. Somewhat bemused by McGreal questioning the need to score a second goal when leading 1-0. Very much gave the impression he thinks we are good enough to defend a lead and is, therefore, happy to do so. I beg to differ.

Shrimps to be potted by the Super U's at the Globe Arena on 17:28 - Jan 11 with 755 viewsnoah4x4

On bus home.
Seven miserable hours getting here up problematic M6.
No doubt seven hours just as bad going back
Punctuated by one of the worst 96 minutes possible.
Weather awful, but we did the hard bit into the wind 0-1 HT.

Welcome Junior (got 12 minutes) but why play him wide (replacing Harriott)?
Norris simply awful. Don’t recall a positive contribution from him.
Harriott repeatedly got ball trapped under his feet.
Nouble AWOL most of game (but took good goal)
Defence and Gerken careless conceding the way they did.
U’s generally slower and less competitive than Morecambe.
Lucky not to have lost as Morecambe looked the more likely.

Bad day all round.
Shrimps to be potted by the Super U's at the Globe Arena on 17:39 - Jan 11 with 749 viewsLeadbelly

Shrimps to be potted by the Super U's at the Globe Arena on 17:28 - Jan 11 by noah4x4

On bus home.
Seven miserable hours getting here up problematic M6.
No doubt seven hours just as bad going back
Punctuated by one of the worst 96 minutes possible.
Weather awful, but we did the hard bit into the wind 0-1 HT.

Welcome Junior (got 12 minutes) but why play him wide (replacing Harriott)?
Norris simply awful. Don’t recall a positive contribution from him.
Harriott repeatedly got ball trapped under his feet.
Nouble AWOL most of game (but took good goal)
Defence and Gerken careless conceding the way they did.
U’s generally slower and less competitive than Morecambe.
Lucky not to have lost as Morecambe looked the more likely.

Bad day all round.

McGreal said we played well...before listing all the things we didn’t do well! Hats off to those that made the trip today.

Shrimps to be potted by the Super U's at the Globe Arena on 19:09 - Jan 11 with 724 viewsnoah4x4

Shrimps to be potted by the Super U's at the Globe Arena on 17:39 - Jan 11 by Leadbelly

McGreal said we played well...before listing all the things we didn’t do well! Hats off to those that made the trip today.

Conditions in the first half were awful. We were kicking into a gale. Gerken could not kick beyond the half way line as the wind was that powerful. But we nicked a goal and were set up for H2 having done what was (IMHO) the hard bit.

Second half we were not at the races. I guess the pitch/wind didn’t help, but if Norris got the ball he tried ambitious passes that were intercepted. Poku, Pelle and Nouble all has opportunities to put Norris through on goal, but as he was consistently being out paced and out-muscled, they went it alone and squandered opportunities. Little seemed to be joined up once ahead of our the defence.

I don’t understand why Junior was playing wide. I only recall him getting in the box once as Norris continued to lead the line (badly). It was crying out for Robinson, but alas he has departed. Need a new striker (and manager).
[Post edited 11 Jan 2020 19:11]
Shrimps to be potted by the Super U's at the Globe Arena on 20:15 - Jan 11 with 705 viewsdurham_exile

Shrimps to be potted by the Super U's at the Globe Arena on 19:09 - Jan 11 by noah4x4

Conditions in the first half were awful. We were kicking into a gale. Gerken could not kick beyond the half way line as the wind was that powerful. But we nicked a goal and were set up for H2 having done what was (IMHO) the hard bit.

Second half we were not at the races. I guess the pitch/wind didn’t help, but if Norris got the ball he tried ambitious passes that were intercepted. Poku, Pelle and Nouble all has opportunities to put Norris through on goal, but as he was consistently being out paced and out-muscled, they went it alone and squandered opportunities. Little seemed to be joined up once ahead of our the defence.

I don’t understand why Junior was playing wide. I only recall him getting in the box once as Norris continued to lead the line (badly). It was crying out for Robinson, but alas he has departed. Need a new striker (and manager).
[Post edited 11 Jan 2020 19:11]

Best I don't post any match report tonight.

Suffice to say JM is clueless and we will not achieve promotion this season unless the team start to play with belief commitment and desire.

Shocking performance today

UTU's

Safe journey home to the faithful

Durham_exile

Shrimps to be potted by the Super U's at the Globe Arena on 23:19 - Jan 11 with 663 viewsgerry_us

Shrimps to be potted by the Super U's at the Globe Arena on 20:15 - Jan 11 by durham_exile

Best I don't post any match report tonight.

Suffice to say JM is clueless and we will not achieve promotion this season unless the team start to play with belief commitment and desire.

Shocking performance today

UTU's

Safe journey home to the faithful

Sleep well...or will there be nightmares?
Shrimps to be potted by the Super U's at the Globe Arena on 08:53 - Jan 12 with 635 viewsnoah4x4

On reflection, and after a good nights sleep, this reminded me of a typical dour cup tie, where the weather and pitch was a great leveller. Hard working Morecambe deserved a point and the more skilful U’s got bogged down (literally). Harriott and his tricks repeatedly got the ball stuck under his feet.

Still merely 3 points below an automatic promotion slot despite being in ninth. A game in hand and goal difference advantage over some play off contenders. McGreal nominated as MOM (usually the kiss of death). Unbeaten in 13. Life isn’t so bad.
Shrimps to be potted by the Super U's at the Globe Arena on 11:04 - Jan 12 with 613 viewsgerry_us

Shrimps to be potted by the Super U's at the Globe Arena on 08:53 - Jan 12 by noah4x4

On reflection, and after a good nights sleep, this reminded me of a typical dour cup tie, where the weather and pitch was a great leveller. Hard working Morecambe deserved a point and the more skilful U’s got bogged down (literally). Harriott and his tricks repeatedly got the ball stuck under his feet.

Still merely 3 points below an automatic promotion slot despite being in ninth. A game in hand and goal difference advantage over some play off contenders. McGreal nominated as MOM (usually the kiss of death). Unbeaten in 13. Life isn’t so bad.

Wow...you have only just woken up, or maybe even not!
Recent form crap. MOM a joke. What next?
Shrimps to be potted by the Super U's at the Globe Arena on 19:45 - Jan 12 with 565 viewsGOSBTS

Shrimps to be potted by the Super U's at the Globe Arena on 08:53 - Jan 12 by noah4x4

I agree. I'm still optimistic. Probably helps that I haven't seen the U's play since the Exeter game (on iFollow). Last season I feel we'd have lost a couple of these games against relegation fodder. I'm not sure if we are quite automatic promotion quality, but I'm confident the team is good enough for the playoffs and will reach it this year.

I'm foolishly predicting a big win on Saturday against Macclesfield. 6-1. Probably more wishful thinking than anything as I've waited since November 9th to see the U's in person and want to see some goals to make up for it!

Hadn't realised until this morning that Jackson had got sent off. Is Bramall back yet? If not I'd like to see Cowan-Hall there. He did excellently against Spurs when employed as right back in Jackson's absence.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024