Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Simulation 07:42 - Feb 2 with 4031 viewsDaley_Lama

Has yellow cards for simulation been banned from football and if not can anybody recall one given either for or against this season?

Poll: DF in or out

Simulation on 08:50 - Feb 2 with 3016 viewsBartRowou

Dunno but football is notoriously bad at enforcing its myriad rules. Examples seen at Spotland recently:

Players going off at the nearest exit when subbed.
The six second rule
Failing to retreat ten yards from a free kick
Giving obvious penalties

The ref and linos have a hard job in general but none of the above are that difficult to get right.

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Simulation on 09:32 - Feb 2 with 2939 viewsAncoats_Blue

Not banned. Just inconsistent refereeing.

Joe Pritchard (Accy) got a second yellow and sent off for a dive yesterday.
Simulation on 09:34 - Feb 2 with 2927 viewsTVOS1907

Not banned but fans seem to think everytime an opposing player goes down without being fouled, he must have simulated and as a result, he's a "CHEAT CHEAT CHEAT".

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Simulation on 09:36 - Feb 2 with 2933 viewsAncoats_Blue

Simulation on 08:50 - Feb 2 by BartRowou

Dunno but football is notoriously bad at enforcing its myriad rules. Examples seen at Spotland recently:

The six second rule
Giving obvious penalties

The ref and linos have a hard job in general but none of the above are that difficult to get right.

The only time I’ve seen a ref enforce the “go off at the nearest point” rule was away at Tranmere. First ever game this rule was in place and a Dale player got booked. No leeway given. Fair enough rules are rules. I thought if that’s the standard this season some of the petty time wasting might dry up.
Wrong. As the season has wore on (and the rule had become common knowledge with players/managers/refs) I’ve seen the usual piss taking and players wasting time on subs. No cards.
Simulation on 09:39 - Feb 2 with 2926 viewsSandyDrum

Simulation on 09:36 - Feb 2 by Ancoats_Blue

The only time I’ve seen a ref enforce the “go off at the nearest point” rule was away at Tranmere. First ever game this rule was in place and a Dale player got booked. No leeway given. Fair enough rules are rules. I thought if that’s the standard this season some of the petty time wasting might dry up.
Wrong. As the season has wore on (and the rule had become common knowledge with players/managers/refs) I’ve seen the usual piss taking and players wasting time on subs. No cards.

It was the Doncaster home game that Morley got booked, and you were the sober one!

Wish I'd chosen a different username...

Simulation on 09:46 - Feb 2 with 2907 viewsBartRowou

Simulation on 09:36 - Feb 2 by Ancoats_Blue

Mata did it last night for United. He went off at the Stretford End as they were taking a corner. Thing is, without a bib on, it was confusing as it looked like he was part of play. They didn't really think this one through at FIFA HQ.
[Post edited 2 Feb 2020 9:48]

Simulation on 09:50 - Feb 2 with 2896 viewsDaley_Lama

Simulation on 09:32 - Feb 2 by Ancoats_Blue

Not banned. Just inconsistent refereeing.

Joe Pritchard (Accy) got a second yellow and sent off for a dive yesterday.

Cheers, one ref bothered with it at least.

It seems to me a rule rare enforced and i wasn’t asking in particular reference to yesterday (No 9 had a go at it a bit) - more a general view on this season as a whole.

Equally, i know ours can do it too.

Simulation on 10:14 - Feb 2 with 2845 viewsAncoats_Blue

Simulation on 09:34 - Feb 2 by TVOS1907

Not banned but fans seem to think everytime an opposing player goes down without being fouled, he must have simulated and as a result, he's a "CHEAT CHEAT CHEAT".

True. It’s a contact sport after all. I think some of the “cheat” stuff is pure pantomime from most rather that a genuine belief in cheating.
With that all said there has been a creeping of play acting in the game in the last 5 -10 years. Players rolling around holding their faces after losing out in a tackle. That’s simulation and I’d say trying to con a ref that you have a head injury. Needs a booking or it keeps happening.
Login to get fewer ads

Simulation on 10:16 - Feb 2 with 2838 viewsAncoats_Blue

Simulation on 09:39 - Feb 2 by SandyDrum

It was the Doncaster home game that Morley got booked, and you were the sober one!

You may be right. Still, I’ve only seen one booking. Yet I’ve witnessed multiple offences live and on Tv with Dale and other sides involved. Inconsistent.
Simulation on 10:19 - Feb 2 with 2827 viewsSuddenLad

Foul throws and 'stealing' 10 yards to throw it.

Very rarely enforced. Even when refs tell players to 'go back', instead of throwing it from where they are, they merely use it as the point to start their run before launching it and nick another 10 yards in doing so.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Simulation on 10:53 - Feb 2 with 2775 viewsKenBoon

Players appear to have accepted this as part of the game. I understand players who play for a defender to do something stupid rather than try to score, but they're usually still fouled, so I would say that's clever play. The clowns who dive and are staring at the referee/flapping their hands about seem to get told to 'get up' rather than booked. Our own players do this a lot (Camps is a particular master of this).
Simulation on 11:02 - Feb 2 with 2753 viewsDaleiLama

Simulation on 08:50 - Feb 2 by BartRowou

The six second rule
Giving obvious penalties

Yesterday, there was a clear case of the ball being kicked by one of our players and deflecting into touch. Lino flagged throw in to us and ref, who was closer but with a worse view than the lino, gave a throw to them and didn't even look at the lino. 4th official just stood there with his hands in his pockets. Grim.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Simulation on 11:16 - Feb 2 with 2741 viewsDaley_Lama

Simulation on 11:02 - Feb 2 by DaleiLama

Yesterday, there was a clear case of the ball being kicked by one of our players and deflecting into touch. Lino flagged throw in to us and ref, who was closer but with a worse view than the lino, gave a throw to them and didn't even look at the lino. 4th official just stood there with his hands in his pockets. Grim.

The main stand went mental at that one, could actually hear it in the TDS.

Simulation on 11:16 - Feb 2 with 2733 viewsdingdangblue

Not sure who it was, but one of our players in the 2nd half on the left side (might have been RND) was running away from his man and got pulled back by his shirt. Free kick given but I thought that was always a yellow card foul? Certainly one so obvious.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Simulation on 11:20 - Feb 2 with 2724 views1949er

Did simulation happen before foreign players were introduced?.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?

Simulation on 11:26 - Feb 2 with 2708 viewsTVOS1907

Simulation on 11:16 - Feb 2 by dingdangblue

Not sure who it was, but one of our players in the 2nd half on the left side (might have been RND) was running away from his man and got pulled back by his shirt. Free kick given but I thought that was always a yellow card foul? Certainly one so obvious.

Pulling back someone by their shirt has never been a mandatory yellow card offence.

Simulation on 11:26 - Feb 2 with 2707 viewsdingdangblue

Simulation on 11:20 - Feb 2 by 1949er

Franny Lee
Steve Whitehall 😉

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Simulation on 11:27 - Feb 2 with 2706 viewsTVOS1907

Simulation on 11:16 - Feb 2 by Daley_Lama

The main stand went mental at that one, could actually hear it in the TDS.

It even woke most of them up!

Simulation on 11:37 - Feb 2 with 2683 viewsD_Alien

Simulation on 11:27 - Feb 2 by TVOS1907

It even woke most of them up!

Not me

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Simulation on 11:39 - Feb 2 with 2680 viewsD_Alien

Simulation on 10:14 - Feb 2 by Ancoats_Blue

True. It’s a contact sport after all. I think some of the “cheat” stuff is pure pantomime from most rather that a genuine belief in cheating.
With that all said there has been a creeping of play acting in the game in the last 5 -10 years. Players rolling around holding their faces after losing out in a tackle. That’s simulation and I’d say trying to con a ref that you have a head injury. Needs a booking or it keeps happening.

Simulating a belief it was cheating!

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Simulation on 11:41 - Feb 2 with 2678 viewsBartRowou

Simulation on 11:02 - Feb 2 by DaleiLama

When I'm reffing kids' matches and I'm not sure, I turn away as though it's the most obvious decision in the world and just wait for the ones nearest the action to assume their positions. It nearly always sorts itself out.
On the few occasions where it doesn't, I inform the team that feels hard done by that I'll give them the next one I'm not sure about. It's like VAR without the time delays.

Simulation on 12:00 - Feb 2 with 2637 views442Dale

Simulation on 11:41 - Feb 2 by BartRowou

When I'm reffing kids' matches and I'm not sure, I turn away as though it's the most obvious decision in the world and just wait for the ones nearest the action to assume their positions. It nearly always sorts itself out.
On the few occasions where it doesn't, I inform the team that feels hard done by that I'll give them the next one I'm not sure about. It's like VAR without the time delays.

BARt = the future.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Simulation on 12:24 - Feb 2 with 2598 viewsD_Dale

Simulation on 11:20 - Feb 2 by 1949er

In the 1954-56 seasons Eric Gemmell used to go down like a felled tree, with the crowd shouting 'timber' to encourage him. Joe Lynn took the penalties (11 scored in those two seasons - though I'm not saying all were 'won' by Gemmell).
Simulation on 19:32 - Feb 2 with 2437 viewsShun

Simulation on 09:34 - Feb 2 by TVOS1907

As happened yesterday with Cummings. He went down in the box due to a (fair) challenge, didn’t look for a penalty, but was immediately subjected to boos and ‘cheat’ chants.
Simulation on 20:53 - Feb 2 with 2362 viewsEllDale

I don’t think that Billy Rudd was averse to falling over in the penalty area at times.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024