Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
BBM on style of play 13:08 - Feb 27 with 6564 views442Dale

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

BBM on style of play on 13:40 - Feb 27 with 4172 viewsD_Alien

The questions being asked were almost certainly prepared by BBM in order to address the issues that've been raised since the Coventry game. And nowt wrong with that, they're getting to the heart of what's happening on the pitch

I think most of us get exactly where he's coming from. It's all in the execution, and having the players to do it. "Bored to death" - yep, so how do you change that? We'll see...

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

BBM on style of play on 13:46 - Feb 27 with 4173 viewsDaleiLama

BBM on style of play on 13:40 - Feb 27 by D_Alien

The questions being asked were almost certainly prepared by BBM in order to address the issues that've been raised since the Coventry game. And nowt wrong with that, they're getting to the heart of what's happening on the pitch

I think most of us get exactly where he's coming from. It's all in the execution, and having the players to do it. "Bored to death" - yep, so how do you change that? We'll see...

I think it was a reasonably honest assessment of the problem, without necessarily including the solution.

That solution, whilst not being reckless about it, involves sometimes committing more players forward like Cov did when they countered and broke at speed. We also need to play more forward passes or run with the ball to put the opposition on the back foot. We don't do this anywhere near enough. When we did, Alby scored.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

BBM on style of play on 14:32 - Feb 27 with 4078 viewsjudd

BBM on style of play on 13:46 - Feb 27 by DaleiLama

I think it was a reasonably honest assessment of the problem, without necessarily including the solution.

That solution, whilst not being reckless about it, involves sometimes committing more players forward like Cov did when they countered and broke at speed. We also need to play more forward passes or run with the ball to put the opposition on the back foot. We don't do this anywhere near enough. When we did, Alby scored.

Yes he did, and look at his goal v Newcastle also.

Poll: What is it to be then?

BBM on style of play on 15:32 - Feb 27 with 3962 viewstruenorth

What a crock of sheet. I couldn't get to the end as it's drivel. Up there with the best of Hilly's nonscence for me. I'm paraphrasing...

"It’s very much a learning experience for ourselves" — yet the team makes the same mistakes week in, week out.

"Improving, irrespective of what the table looks like" — sliding down the table, looking over our shoulder at Tranmere is improving?

"On the cusp of something very exciting" — that's not how I feel come 5pm every Saturday.

"We don’t want to bore fans to death" — sorry, but that's exactly what's happening. I don't look forward to the games any more and am seriously considering not getting a season ticket after 20+ years.

C'mon Blackpool.

TN.

Poll: BBM or relegation?

BBM on style of play on 16:39 - Feb 27 with 3839 viewsTipperaryDale

BBM talks like his team plays. Afraid to commit, beats around the bush, bores to tears...

Brian talks about getting a solid foundation and then 'adding the attack' part. He must know football isn't like that, you can't just "add" the attacking side to the game without risking something.

For 99% of league clubs, football is about knowing when to attack in numbers, when to drop back, when to press, and capitalising on other teams' weaknesses. We don't have the personnel to pass other teams off the park. We never attack in real numbers, there are pitifully few runs from midfield or deeper, and we never ever adapt to another side's weaknesses.

The more the season goes on I feel the squad is actually being held back by BBM's tactics. We have a few really good players who never get the chance to show it.

BBM does have good qualities, and seems to be able to spot a player. But maybe we need more of a realist and a more charismatic figure in charge to get the most from this squad.
BBM on style of play on 18:33 - Feb 27 with 3662 viewsJames1980

Where was the top secret 3rd venue🤔

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

BBM on style of play on 18:36 - Feb 27 with 3655 views49thseason

So at the end of the season, we will need a left back, a right back, a goalkeeper, 2 or 3 forwards including a winger and a centre forward, all assuming that we dont re-sign any of this seasons loanees. Which leaves us with
Lunch / Wade
O'Connell, McShane (Keohane)
Lund, Morley, Ryan, Dooley Rathbone (Camps, Williams)
Tavares, Baah, ( Henderson)
We will try to hang on to Henderson and Camps possibly Keohane and Williams. But I presume we will lose Lillis, McNulty, McLaughlin, Andrew, Wilbraham, Done, Gillam and of course Matheson has already gone

So, not only do we need a new forward line, we will need half a new defence as well which makes talk about tweaking the system fairly redundant as it rather depends on who comes in during the Summer. Another season without a forward line capable of scoring goals would difficult to contemplate and would probably kill off ticket sales
BBM on style of play on 19:10 - Feb 27 with 3580 viewsDaleyBrent

BBM on style of play on 18:36 - Feb 27 by 49thseason

So at the end of the season, we will need a left back, a right back, a goalkeeper, 2 or 3 forwards including a winger and a centre forward, all assuming that we dont re-sign any of this seasons loanees. Which leaves us with
Lunch / Wade
We will try to hang on to Henderson and Camps possibly Keohane and Williams. But I presume we will lose Lillis, McNulty, McLaughlin, Andrew, Wilbraham, Done, Gillam and of course Matheson has already gone

So, not only do we need a new forward line, we will need half a new defence as well which makes talk about tweaking the system fairly redundant as it rather depends on who comes in during the Summer. Another season without a forward line capable of scoring goals would difficult to contemplate and would probably kill off ticket sales

Thought the interview was really positive. Not hiding behind the criticism and trying to provide clarity on it. The example of Oxford last season was a really interesting one. Sometimes you have to go through teething problems to fulfill a vision. Liverpool, even City with multi millions had to go through really tough periods when working towards a clear identity.

Yes it can be frustrating which I was more than ever last week and I like to think my patience has been strong.

Get behind the team and the manager. We will come good. In BBM I trust.
Login to get fewer ads

BBM on style of play on 19:57 - Feb 27 with 3466 viewsmightydale

What load of erm fcuking erm waffle. I hear the fans frustration but I'll still use the the erm same tactics erm week in week out

Poll: How many season tickets will we sell for next season

BBM on style of play on 20:12 - Feb 27 with 3410 viewsTVOS1907

BBM on style of play on 18:36 - Feb 27 by 49thseason

Lunch / Wade

Keohane and McNulty are still under contract next season.

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

BBM on style of play on 20:28 - Feb 27 with 3367 viewsfunkkk

Never has a man spoken so much and said so little.
BBM on style of play on 21:30 - Feb 27 with 3237 viewsseasidedale

Don’t forget Mulvey is on contract until 2021
BBM on style of play on 22:06 - Feb 27 with 3162 views49thseason

BBM on style of play on 20:12 - Feb 27 by TVOS1907

Forgot he signed a 1-year extension pity, I don't honestly think he adds very much, Keohane probably useful as a result of his versatility but not someone you would cross the road to watch.
The point is we are currently doing a Walsall, regressing each year, and have been for 3 years. An analysis of goals scored and conceded by the 11 teams that have been in L1 over this season and the previous 2 seasons shows :
Southend -64 for 148 against 212
Rochdale -60 for 137 ( 1.1 goals per game) against 197 (1.59 goals per game) 124 games
Wimbledon -46 for126 against 172
Bristol Rovers -19 for142 against 161
Blackpool -4 for 149 against 145
Shrewsbury =0 for 137 against 137
Fleetwood +2 for 164 against 162
Gillingham +4 for 150 against 146
Oxford +6 for 172 against 158
Doncaster +33 for 175 against 142
Peterborough +43 for 204 against 161
Portsmouth +46 for 185 against 139

We need to concede 15-20 goals a season less and score 10-15 a season more so neither attack nor defence is anything to write home about over the last 124 games
[Post edited 27 Feb 2020 23:03]
BBM on style of play on 23:02 - Feb 27 with 3083 viewsNewbury_Dale

The home attendances tell you everything you need to know about how the fans view BBMs style of play.
BBM on style of play on 00:22 - Feb 28 with 3004 views_Windydale

Needs more time to get experience, play and personnel right. He's a refreshing change to see a Manager do a piece to camera, to address concerns of the fans midweek, head-on.

An honest bloke not ignorant of our failings, hIs hearts in the right place and he wants the best for club Rochdale and for his career. He's a positive attitude and that's essential to filter down to the players.

We are Rochdale, not Sunderland or another big club, who can spend and expect instant results.

He has my backing during this tough first season in charge.

(Although his erm count is little too high, something to work on. Reminds me of my last job interview.)
[Post edited 28 Feb 2020 0:28]
BBM on style of play on 00:39 - Feb 28 with 2988 viewsAtThePeake

BBM on style of play on 20:12 - Feb 27 by TVOS1907

Isn't Done too?

Tangled up in blue.

BBM on style of play on 01:07 - Feb 28 with 2970 viewsChockers1

Tough one this BBM has a way he wants to play football but at this level everyone has strengths and weaknesses and if BBM is to do well as dale manager he needs a couple of decent windows to rebuild the team into his image - will he get the budget and time to do that ...i'm not sure...i hope so as at time's this season (especially early) we played some good looking football but for me team's wised up to it pressed us hard and we didn't have the quality to deal with it...will be an interesting transfer window if we stay up
BBM on style of play on 11:58 - Feb 28 with 2727 viewsSaxonDale

Really don't know what BBM could have said in this interview that would've pleased some people. Personally found it quite refreshing that he had clearly heard fans concerns and was trying to address them, whilst admitting there was room for improvement.
[Post edited 28 Feb 2020 12:00]
BBM on style of play on 12:50 - Feb 28 with 2655 viewsboromat

BBM on style of play on 11:58 - Feb 28 by SaxonDale

Really don't know what BBM could have said in this interview that would've pleased some people. Personally found it quite refreshing that he had clearly heard fans concerns and was trying to address them, whilst admitting there was room for improvement.
[Post edited 28 Feb 2020 12:00]

It's got to be applauded whether you agree with what he's said or not. At least he's recognised that he's aware of our concerns and he wants improvement. Sometimes his interviews are too positive when I think we want to hear that he's as upset as we are with the result if not the performance as well.

One of the big parts of our strategy is the academy and producing saleable assets. In order for this to work we need to be creating players that play in a way that is currently fashionable and therefore sought after. However a balance still has to be found with the first team. We can't, for example, risk relegation just to play in a certain style.

Hopefully the summer window helps BBM shape and put a team together that can play this style and be well clear of the bottom 4.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

BBM on style of play on 20:50 - Feb 28 with 2354 viewsTVOS1907

BBM on style of play on 00:39 - Feb 28 by AtThePeake

Isn't Done too?

He is.

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

BBM on style of play on 00:29 - Feb 29 with 2146 views49thseason

BBM on style of play on 20:50 - Feb 28 by TVOS1907

He is.

Dear God. In that case, he needs to be paid off asap. We are buggering about selling mugs and scarfs and we have warm bodies, I can't call them players, who are being paid for pulling on the jersey with no intention of attempting to even imitate a footballer. Whatever pace and talent he may have once had was left on the training ground in Sheffield.
BBM on style of play on 12:55 - Feb 29 with 1870 viewsYorkshire_Dale

BBM on style of play on 00:29 - Feb 29 by 49thseason

Dear God. In that case, he needs to be paid off asap. We are buggering about selling mugs and scarfs and we have warm bodies, I can't call them players, who are being paid for pulling on the jersey with no intention of attempting to even imitate a footballer. Whatever pace and talent he may have once had was left on the training ground in Sheffield.

Good point there 49er.....who, on the Board is sorting out these long contracts to players who have done nothing for ages, deadwood or passengers whatever you call them?

Done, Calvin, Gillam and Jim McNulty.......are they here because they are nice chaps?

We got shut of Delaney, surely the Club can sort out a severance package for these others?
BBM on style of play on 13:12 - Feb 29 with 1838 viewsTVOS1907

BBM on style of play on 12:55 - Feb 29 by Yorkshire_Dale

Good point there 49er.....who, on the Board is sorting out these long contracts to players who have done nothing for ages, deadwood or passengers whatever you call them?

Done, Calvin, Gillam and Jim McNulty.......are they here because they are nice chaps?

We got shut of Delaney, surely the Club can sort out a severance package for these others?

Someone (Bolton) signed Delaney, which is different to 'getting shut'.

Andrew is out of contract in the summer.

Done allegedly had a clause in his previous contract that triggered an extension.

BBM on style of play on 13:33 - Feb 29 with 1805 views49thseason

BBM on style of play on 13:12 - Feb 29 by TVOS1907

Done allegedly had a clause in his previous contract that triggered an extension.

It would be interesting to know how exactly how that clause was activated. It cant have been on goals scored, assists, or even looking interested. So it would seem that it is based on appearances , in his case, just pulling on the shirt. But for our injury crisis he would be leaving, in hindsight we should have played one of the kids instead, we could hardly be worse off. Poor managerial decisions ,( at all levels) have cost way too much.
BBM on style of play on 13:37 - Feb 29 with 1769 viewsD_Alien

BBM on style of play on 13:12 - Feb 29 by TVOS1907

He'd have been better with a clause in his previous contract that triggered an explosion

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024