Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Happy League Update 23:18 - Mar 19 with 718 viewsmfb_cufc

The inevitable happened today when the suspension of football was extended to a more realistic 30th April. That is probably still optimistic, but the Football Association has also agreed that the current season can be "extended indefinitely". That means there will no reason to void the season.

When football does get going again fixtures will be Saturday - Midweek to get the season finished as quick as possible. As for the Happy League we have 55 games to play, which was to be over seven weeks, with one of 7, and three of 6, and three of 10. With the Charity Shield and Division One play-offs to follow. We would require nine weeks to stick by that format, and whenever football starts again we won't get that amount of time. So I have two options. One is also to have games Saturday - Midweek, or my preferred one to get the season finished in three weeks by having one of 15 games, and two of 20. The Charity Shield and Division One play-offs would follow in their usual format.

The Happy Cup Final will still be played when the FA Cup 6th Round takes place.

Once a firm decision has been made as to when football starts again I will give a further update on how we intend to finish this seasons Happy League. One thing is certain this seasons Happy League will not be made void.
[Post edited 19 Mar 2020 23:57]

mfb

Happy League Update on 23:50 - Mar 19 with 713 viewsnoah4x4

Hurrah!

That's the spirit Mick. Boris says 12 weeks (11th June) and "we can beat this".

The question then is can Col Utd beat nine teams in perhaps the six weeks then remaining before August and can anybody catch me in this (hopefully) record breaking Happy League season?

I feel so uplifted by this news in my current self isolation (due to a 'cold') whilst only occupied by analysing the minimum number of loo roll sheets I can afford to use per visit. Tesco is devoid of eggs, flour, and sunflower oil. Thank the f*** we are past pancake day and that 40 days from Lent ends on April 9th. I am sure the concept doesn't involve avoidance of everything that supermarkets routinely stock, whilst greedy hoarders fill their cupboards with perishables likely to end up in their stale food recycling bin.

Onwards and upwards in the mightiest best managed prediction league ever!
Happy League Update on 21:04 - May 28 with 493 viewsmfb_cufc

It is now over two months since I gave an update on the Happy League. In that time there has been many false dawns as to when football may start again. Now finally we have some positive news. Last week Project Restart had players in non-contact training. Then yesterday there was a vote to start contract training. Then today the news all football fans had been waiting for, the Premier League plan to start again on 17th June, subject to government approval. BBC Sport understands that clubs have agreed to a provisional end date of Saturday, 25th July. Home and away matches look most likely for the vast majority of games - with a few high-profile games at neutral venues at the request of the police. As for the three EFL Divisions the only solid information we have at the moment is that League 2 have voted to end their season with promotion, play-offs and no relegation. That has yet to be accepted by the EFL. Things have gone quiet on the way League 1 and the Championship want to finish their seasons. Whatever they decide the EFL said in their latest statement there would be promotion, four team play-offs and relegation in their three Divisions.

How does this all fit in with the Happy League? Well we have 55 games left to play in the season, with another 20 required for the Charity Shield and Division One Play-offs. The Premier League have 92 games left to play, and hopefully we will have another 15 play-off matches from the EFL Divisions. That would give a minimum of 107 games overall. Enough to get the Happy League finished, but the Premier League plan to play on all seven days in a week, and get the 92 games played in 38 days, that means there will be a very quick turnaround with fixtures in the Happy League. Of course if the Championship or League 1 decide to vote for their seasons to continue, that may give a bit more leeway in getting the fixtures played. The FA Cup quarter-finals have been rescheduled for the weekend of 27th-28th June. That means the Happy Cup Final will be taking place then with those four fixtures, and six from the League.

There will be a further update once the revised fixture list for the Premier League comes out. The only planned fixtures we know about at the moment are Man City v Arsenal and Villa v Sheff Utd on 17th June.
[Post edited 29 May 2020 13:53]

mfb

Happy League Update on 20:53 - Jun 5 with 443 viewsmfb_cufc

As the EFL fail to show any kind of leadership, football is in slow motion mode, as the latest big meeting is now planned for next Tuesday 9th June. This has to be the final meeting, and it is time for the EFL Board to show the required leadership - especially with certain League 1 chairmen - and to stop the tail wagging the dog.

The Championship have proposed to continue their season on 20th June, though some chairmen have said that is too soon, and it is subject to Tuesday's vote.

At least the Money Before Health League, more commonly known as the Premier League,
have finally revealed their fixture list for continuing with their season, well the first 32 games anyway.

Regarding the Happy League, it appears there will be six weeks to get the season finished. I have decided to get the remaining 55 league games finished in four weeks by having three weeks with 15 fixtures, and the final week to have 10 fixtures. Then there will be two weeks for the Charity Shield and Division One play-off semi-finals and finals. The Happy Cup Final will be on the weekend of 27th-28th June, with the FA Cup quarter-finals, and six fixtures from the league. The Happy League will start again on 17th June with Week 32, containing the first 15 fixtures from the Premier League's return. Hopefully future weeks will also contain some fixtures from the Championship as well. All details will be on the Happy League Week 32 thread tomorrow.

mfb

Happy League Update on 22:52 - Jun 5 with 433 viewsGOSBTS

Happy League Update on 20:53 - Jun 5 by mfb_cufc

As the EFL fail to show any kind of leadership, football is in slow motion mode, as the latest big meeting is now planned for next Tuesday 9th June. This has to be the final meeting, and it is time for the EFL Board to show the required leadership - especially with certain League 1 chairmen - and to stop the tail wagging the dog.

The Championship have proposed to continue their season on 20th June, though some chairmen have said that is too soon, and it is subject to Tuesday's vote.

At least the Money Before Health League, more commonly known as the Premier League,
have finally revealed their fixture list for continuing with their season, well the first 32 games anyway.

Regarding the Happy League, it appears there will be six weeks to get the season finished. I have decided to get the remaining 55 league games finished in four weeks by having three weeks with 15 fixtures, and the final week to have 10 fixtures. Then there will be two weeks for the Charity Shield and Division One play-off semi-finals and finals. The Happy Cup Final will be on the weekend of 27th-28th June, with the FA Cup quarter-finals, and six fixtures from the league. The Happy League will start again on 17th June with Week 32, containing the first 15 fixtures from the Premier League's return. Hopefully future weeks will also contain some fixtures from the Championship as well. All details will be on the Happy League Week 32 thread tomorrow.

Woohoo!! I've missed the Happy League!
Happy League Update on 22:53 - Jun 5 with 432 viewsdurham_exile

Happy League Update on 20:53 - Jun 5 by mfb_cufc

Mick thank you for the detailed update.

Unlike the so called EFL hierarchy your stewardship is impeccable and never in question.

Stay safe

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Happy League Update on 06:52 - Jun 6 with 423 viewswessex_exile

Great news if it happens Mick. Incidentally, UEFA announced a couple of weeks ago that they hope to complete the Champions League in August. If they do, that will also mean completion of the U’sual Champions League.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024