Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mark Palios' new proposal for finishing League One 11:26 - Jun 3 with 3790 viewsChaffRAFC

Sure some of you will have seen this but Mark Palios has submitted his proposal for the way we conclude this season in League One. So happens that it would see his Tranmere side stay up.

https://www.bt.com/sport/news/mark-palios-feels-his-season-ending-proposal-is-fa

Personally, I feel the PPG system with full relegation and promotion is the correct way to deal with this at this point. Not even sure I would play the playoffs and would have the highest place side go up automatically.

Darragh McAnthony has been on Sky this morning with Gary Neville and Jamie Carragher explaining we need football to conclude the season and other systems aren't right and that the EFL have effectively caused this by dragging their feet but he's also stated that if we can't finish the season by playing the remaining games then he'd favour Palios' idea.

This post has been edited by an administrator

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Mark Palios' new proposal for finishing League One on 11:28 - Jun 3 with 3781 viewsTVOS1907

Let me guess, Tranmere stay up in his scenario.

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

Mark Palios' new proposal for finishing League One on 11:35 - Jun 3 with 3755 viewsChaffRAFC

Mark Palios' new proposal for finishing League One on 11:28 - Jun 3 by TVOS1907

Let me guess, Tranmere stay up in his scenario.

How did you guess?

https://www.tranmererovers.co.uk/siteassets/news/ppg-tables.pdf

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Mark Palios' new proposal for finishing League One on 11:39 - Jun 3 with 3738 viewsjudd

Scrap the season, no promotion, no relegation, start new season as if it is 19/20, ie if on points deduction, transfer embargo etc then that repeats.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Mark Palios' new proposal for finishing League One on 11:49 - Jun 3 with 3714 viewsTVOS1907

Mark Palios' new proposal for finishing League One on 11:35 - Jun 3 by ChaffRAFC

How did you guess?

https://www.tranmererovers.co.uk/siteassets/news/ppg-tables.pdf

I'm just a lucky guesser, I, erm, guess.

As I pointed out somewhere else, they keep papping on about their next three games being against us, AFC Wimbledon and MK Dons.

They seem to keep omitting they also have to play Rotherham, Oxford and Peterborough.

And the fact we won at their place.

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

Mark Palios' new proposal for finishing League One on 12:11 - Jun 3 with 3674 viewsD_Alien

Palios, after a quite successful spell as Chief Exec at the FA, has more clout than most here, which says something about bias in football if his 'thoughts' get anywhere near serious consideration

It's also hugely disrespectful to those clubs who'd take the hit instead under his plan. If he had any bottle, he'd accept the conclusion on PPG and fight to get Tranmere back into L1 next season - they'd stand a good chance, according to his belief in their upsurge in form

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Mark Palios' new proposal for finishing League One on 12:37 - Jun 3 with 3606 viewsjoecooke

Soon as i saw Mark Palios was involved Alam bells started to ring.

Poll: How much would you care if bury fc went out of existence

Mark Palios' new proposal for finishing League One on 13:08 - Jun 3 with 3528 viewsNorthernDale

At least Bolton and Southend would go down, it would be a mockery if they avoided relegation, being so many points from safety. I would like to think that with the games we had, especially at home (6) home games, plus Bristol Rovers and Blackpool (we have good records against these teams in recent years, we may have got the points need to survive, I admit we had Oxford and Peterborough at home. However with MK, Tranmere and Wimbledon, it may have been an interesting fight. so to some extent Palio's may have an argument. the interesting games for the three teams below, highlight the point.

Tranmere: - fleetwood (H), MK (H), Doncaster (A), Rotherham (H), Oxford (H),
Peterborough (A)

Wimbledon: - Doncaster (A), Sunderland (H), Wycombe (A), MK (H), Coventry (H)

MK: - Rotherham (A), MK (A), Fleetwood (H), Peterborough (A), Wimbledon (A), Ipswich (A)

So the solution may be accepted, but if only two are relegated under Palio's system, how can we have any playoffs in league 2? It would also be interesting to see the playoffs in league 2 in that Colchester have released 16 players, so how could they put out a competitive team in the playoffs? It would also create the problem of increasing league 1 to 25 teams, so would his system mean that there would be no playoffs in league 2 and only allow 3 teams to get promoted and would this be fair on league 2?

I agree PPG is a more sensible option and the system suggested by Palio's is complicated, but I would not be surprised that is idea is adopted by the EFL.
Mark Palios' new proposal for finishing League One on 13:34 - Jun 3 with 3464 viewselectricblue

We wait a week for the final out come and the only final out come in my eyes is to end the season even though 6 clubs want to play on.
There will be the following scenario.
The top team in lge 2 replaces Bury in Lge1.
The top team in the national league gains league status to Lge2....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Login to get fewer ads

Mark Palios' new proposal for finishing League One on 14:57 - Jun 3 with 3357 viewsfermin

Mark Palios' new proposal for finishing League One on 13:08 - Jun 3 by NorthernDale

At least Bolton and Southend would go down, it would be a mockery if they avoided relegation, being so many points from safety. I would like to think that with the games we had, especially at home (6) home games, plus Bristol Rovers and Blackpool (we have good records against these teams in recent years, we may have got the points need to survive, I admit we had Oxford and Peterborough at home. However with MK, Tranmere and Wimbledon, it may have been an interesting fight. so to some extent Palio's may have an argument. the interesting games for the three teams below, highlight the point.

Tranmere: - fleetwood (H), MK (H), Doncaster (A), Rotherham (H), Oxford (H),
Peterborough (A)

Wimbledon: - Doncaster (A), Sunderland (H), Wycombe (A), MK (H), Coventry (H)

MK: - Rotherham (A), MK (A), Fleetwood (H), Peterborough (A), Wimbledon (A), Ipswich (A)

So the solution may be accepted, but if only two are relegated under Palio's system, how can we have any playoffs in league 2? It would also be interesting to see the playoffs in league 2 in that Colchester have released 16 players, so how could they put out a competitive team in the playoffs? It would also create the problem of increasing league 1 to 25 teams, so would his system mean that there would be no playoffs in league 2 and only allow 3 teams to get promoted and would this be fair on league 2?

I agree PPG is a more sensible option and the system suggested by Palio's is complicated, but I would not be surprised that is idea is adopted by the EFL.

Not affecting the playing staff but admin/maintenance staff at Wycombe are being asked to look for other work:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52891759
Mark Palios' new proposal for finishing League One on 16:24 - Jun 3 with 3245 viewsncfc_chalky

Mark Palios' new proposal for finishing League One on 13:34 - Jun 3 by electricblue

We wait a week for the final out come and the only final out come in my eyes is to end the season even though 6 clubs want to play on.
There will be the following scenario.
The top team in lge 2 replaces Bury in Lge1.
The top team in the national league gains league status to Lge2....

Macclesfield should be relegated because of their shenanigans earlier in the season leaving room for a playoff spot in the NL

Poll: Will you purchase any shares?...

Mark Palios' new proposal for finishing League One on 16:34 - Jun 3 with 3222 viewsDalenet

Mark Palios' new proposal for finishing League One on 16:24 - Jun 3 by ncfc_chalky

Macclesfield should be relegated because of their shenanigans earlier in the season leaving room for a playoff spot in the NL

On that basis should Bolton get a double relegation?
Mark Palios' new proposal for finishing League One on 16:43 - Jun 3 with 3200 viewsncfc_chalky

Mark Palios' new proposal for finishing League One on 16:34 - Jun 3 by Dalenet

On that basis should Bolton get a double relegation?

Yes based purely on the fact that when they nicked Fat Sam from Notts it's was totally underhanded and cheats shouldn't prosper as everyone on here knows

Poll: Will you purchase any shares?...

Mark Palios' new proposal for finishing League One on 17:12 - Jun 3 with 3149 viewsTVOS1907

Mark Palios' new proposal for finishing League One on 16:24 - Jun 3 by ncfc_chalky

If your lot had been any good, you wouldn't need to keep clutching at straws.

In fact, you wouldn't be there in the first place.

Mark Palios' new proposal for finishing League One on 21:32 - Jun 3 with 2937 viewsBrierls

As much as I think Palios is a knob, he’s working his rocks off for his club. You have to respect that.

Some Tranmere fans seem to have a bee in their bonnet about Dale for some reason. They should probably be stoking up a rivalry with Vauxhall Motors to be fair.
Mark Palios' new proposal for finishing League One on 21:45 - Jun 3 with 2906 viewsTVOS1907

Mark Palios' new proposal for finishing League One on 21:32 - Jun 3 by Brierls

As much as I think Palios is a knob, he’s working his rocks off for his club. You have to respect that.

Some Tranmere fans seem to have a bee in their bonnet about Dale for some reason. They should probably be stoking up a rivalry with Vauxhall Motors to be fair.

They seem to think we flooded our pitch on purpose in February.

We also beat them on purpose on the first day of the season.

Mark Palios' new proposal for finishing League One on 22:04 - Jun 3 with 2877 viewsJames1980

Mark Palios' new proposal for finishing League One on 21:45 - Jun 3 by TVOS1907

Come on whoever was doing a rain dance will you please own up.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Mark Palios' new proposal for finishing League One on 10:35 - Jun 4 with 2630 viewsNorthernDale

A quote from the Tranmere forum,

'Tranmere staying put in league one would be good for the aura of North West football teams as a whole'

Others have suggested that the season league table should be decided on the first 22 games, which would produce a rough final league table, which keep Tranmere up

Accrington Stanley 23 points
Rochdale - 22 points
Wimbledon - 20 points
Tranmere - 20 points
----------------------------------
MK Dons - 17 points
Southend - 8 points
Bolton - 3 points (taking in account the 12 pts deduction)
Mark Palios' new proposal for finishing League One on 10:54 - Jun 4 with 2598 viewsTVOS1907

Mark Palios' new proposal for finishing League One on 10:35 - Jun 4 by NorthernDale

A quote from the Tranmere forum,

'Tranmere staying put in league one would be good for the aura of North West football teams as a whole'

Others have suggested that the season league table should be decided on the first 22 games, which would produce a rough final league table, which keep Tranmere up

Accrington Stanley 23 points
Rochdale - 22 points
Wimbledon - 20 points
Tranmere - 20 points
----------------------------------
MK Dons - 17 points
Southend - 8 points
Bolton - 3 points (taking in account the 12 pts deduction)

Has any Tranmere fan come up with a plan that doesn't keep them in League One?

Mark Palios' new proposal for finishing League One on 13:39 - Jun 4 with 2436 viewsColDale

Mark Palios' new proposal for finishing League One on 21:45 - Jun 3 by TVOS1907

they also had a freebie of beating the Bolton kids in a league game
Mark Palios' new proposal for finishing League One on 13:49 - Jun 4 with 2414 viewsTVOS1907

Mark Palios' new proposal for finishing League One on 13:39 - Jun 4 by ColDale

they also had a freebie of beating the Bolton kids in a league game

Good call.

And as I've said a few times, they seem to have forgotten they still had to play Rotherham, Peterborough and Oxford. Their focus has been on the games against us, MK Dons and AFC Wimbledon.

Mark Palios' new proposal for finishing League One on 14:44 - Jun 4 with 2357 viewsmacro

I'm fed up with hard done by Tranmere fans. They seem to think they have a god given right to be in League 1. I hope the EFL and FA have the balls to tell them to stick it and keep to PPG
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024