Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Happy League 2019/20 Week 35 (of 35) - Deadline Saturday 11th July 12.30 19:20 - Jul 5 with 1874 viewsmfb_cufc

Week 34 Results

NORWICH 0 BRIGHTON 1

Brighton have completed their first league double over Norwich since 1951-52. Norwich have failed to score in three consecutive home Premier League games for the first time ever. 5 got this spot-on, and a further 12 had the outcome.

LEICESTER 3 CRYSTAL PALACE 0
Vardy took his top-flight tally to 101 with a second-half double to give Leicester their first win since the restart. Nobody had this spot-on, but 20 did get the outcome.

MANCHESTER UNITED 5 BOURNEMOUTH 2
Mason Greenwood scored twice in the Premier League for the first time as Manchester United came from behind to beat Bournemouth and increase the Cherries' relegation worries. Nobody got this spot-on, though 23 did have the outcome.

WOLVES 0 ARSENAL 2
Arsenal have won three consecutive league games without conceding for the first time since November 2017, as Wolves suffered their first Premier League defeat in nine games. Again nobody had this spot-on, but 5 did get the outcome.

CHELSEA 3 WATFORD 0
Chelsea have won four successive Premier League games at Stamford Bridge for the first time since December 2017. Watford haven't won away at Chelsea in any competition since May 1986. 6 got this spot-on, and another 18 had the outcome.

DERBY 1 NOTTINGHAM FOREST 1
Derby get a 97th minute equaliser, after going down to 10-men only minutes earlier. That late goal was good news for the 6 who had this spot-on, and the 4 who got the outcome.

BLACKBURN 1 LEEDS 3
Leeds strengthened their position at the top of the Championship table with this resounding victory. Well done to GOSBTS for being the only one to get this spot-on, and another 19 had the outcome.

BRENTFORD 3 WIGAN 0
One of the most turbulent weeks in Wigan's history ended in a comprehensive defeat, as they concede a goal for the first time in eight matches and have Joe Garner sent off, while Brentford set a club record after a fifth successive win without letting in a goal. 3 had this spot-on, and a further 22 got the outcome with a massive 14 going for a 2-0 in what was the weeks most predicted score.

BRISTOL CITY 0 CARDIFF 1
Danny Ward came off the bench to score a late winner for Cardiff. That was the 16th goal scored by a Cardiff substitute this season, more than any other team in the Championship. City take their winless run to nine, and sack manager Johnston. 6 got this spot-on, and another 9 had the outcome.

FULHAM 1 BIRMINGHAM 0
Birmingham's winless run stretches to nine games, as Fulham get a 95th minute winner. That late goal was good news for the magnificent 7 who had this spot-on, and the 16 who got the outcome.

HUDDERSFIELD 0 PRESTON 0
Huddersfield's hopes of pulling away from the Championship bottom three and Preston's play-off ambitions both suffered a blow with this bore draw. Only 2 got this spot-on, and 3 more had the outcome.

LUTON 0 READING 5
Luton saw their Championship survival hopes severely dented as four goals from Yakou Meite helped Reading to a first win in four games. Not surprisingly no 3 pointer for anybody here, though 6 did get the outcome.

STOKE 4 BARNSLEY 0
Stoke hammered Barnsley to go two points clear of the Championship's bottom three and leave their fellow strugglers four points off safety. Another game this week with no 3 pointer, but 15 did have the outcome.

SWANSEA 2 SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY 1
Swansea recovered from a slow start to maintain their challenge for a Championship play-off place. 5 had this spot-on, and a further 10 got the outcome.

MIDDLESBROUGH 0 QPR 1
QPR end a run of three successive defeats with this victory, and keep Middlesbrough in the bottom three. Well done to gsy163 for being the only one to get this spot-on, and just 2 had the outcome.

The penultimate week of the season, and the final of the three 15 game weeks. The previous two had proved to be difficult overall, but with games going to form for a change, this week turned out to be a "fill your boots" one. Even though five games didn't have a 3 pointer, that didn't stop a very decent 22 members getting a double figure score, helped by the 42 spot-ons, and especially the 184 outcomes. With so many having a double figure score there was a strong competition to be the weeks top scorer. In the end there was a tie between gsy163, who was the only one to have four 3 pointers, the wins for Brighton, Chelsea, Fulham and the the good QPR pick, and TheFatGooner, who had the Derby 1-1 and the 1-0 wins for Cardiff and Fulham spot-on, to give them both a brilliant 17 points. They also hold the record for the most points in a 15 game week. A record that could last last for a long time. No more lockdowns please. The other members to get three 3 pointers this week were concordman, the 1-0 wins for Brighton, Cardiff and Fulham to give him an excellent 16 points. Also thrillseeker who had the wins for Brighton, Cardiff and Swansea, and basher2010 who got the Derby 1-1 and the wins for Brentford and Fulham to give them a superb 14 points. Finally oxfcolu who had the wins for Brighton and Chelsea and the Huddersfield 0-0. A superb 14 points was also achieved by gerry_us, RSCOSWORTH and Lewis_1 with two 3 pointers. A special mention for Blue4U2 who had 12 of the first 13 outcomes, but wasn't able to add to it today. Well done to him for the being the first to get a century of outcomes this season. Also well done to everyone else who got a double figure score. Even if it didn't improve your league position, it is always good to get a decent score.

In the Premier It is congratulations to noah4x4 for being the first member ever to retain his title. Last season he won only by the most 3 pointer rule, but this season he went to the top after scoring 17 points in Week 4, and never looked back after. By having the 1-0 wins for Cardiff and Fulham he now holds the record for the most 3 pointers in a season with 39. His current points of 211 could also be a record, but I don't have records going back far enough to know for sure. The same applies to his winning margin. Perhaps Mr Happy can help me here. The competition for the other Charity Shield spots is a lot closer, with thrillseeker almost there after his decent week. Favourite for the other place is gerry_us, though TheFatGooner is staking a late claim after his top scoring effort. At the bottom a no show from Colukev means the current bottom three are now certain to be relegated.

In Division One The top two Blue4U2 and basher2010 are now very long odds on to claim the automatic spots, after they have both maintained their good advantage over the three 15 game weeks. After being in the top six for virtually the whole season Daniel and blueeagle look like being rewarded with a play-off spot. A massive 39 points in the last three weeks has put concordman in a good position for a play-off place also. As for the final play-off spot, it couldn't be any closer. A decent week for Lewis_1 has put him back into that final place, but a massive 38 points in the last three weeks has put gsy163 just a point behind him. Also on the same number of points is GOSBTS, though he will be disappointed to hit a bad patch at the wrong time of the season. That final place looks like going down to the final game of the season. Tie-breaker rules could be vital. Big scores are required from ghughes11 or wessex_exile to give them an outside chance of making the play-offs.

THE TABLES (270 out of 280 played)
(Tie-breaker: Most 3 pointers, and then the first to post)

*suspended

Week 35 Fixtures The final 10 games of the season. DON'T FORGET THE DEADLINE IS 12.30

NORWICH CITY v WEST HAM UNITED (12.30)
WATFORD v NEWCASTLE UNITED (12.30)
CHARLTON ATHLETIC v READING (12.30)
DERBY COUNTY v BRENTFORD (12.30)
BARNSLEY v WIGAN ATHLETIC
BLACKBURN ROVERS v WEST BROMICH ALBION
HULL CITY v MILLWALL
MIDDLESBROUGH v BRISTOL CITY
PRESTON NORTH END v NOTTINGHAM FOREST
QUEENS PARK RANGERS v SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY

Good luck everybody.

mfb

Happy League 2019/20 Week 35 (of 35) - Deadline Saturday 11th July 12.30 on 19:26 - Jul 5 with 1279 viewsdurham_exile

Another superbly managed and administrated Happy League. Congratulations Mick.

NORWICH CITY 0 v 1 WEST HAM UNITED (12.30)
WATFORD 1 v 2 NEWCASTLE UNITED (12.30)
CHARLTON ATHLETIC 1 v 2 READING (12.30)
DERBY COUNTY 2 v 2 BRENTFORD (12.30)
BARNSLEY 1 v 2 WIGAN ATHLETIC
BLACKBURN ROVERS 0 v 1 WEST BROMICH ALBION
HULL CITY 0 v 1 MILLWALL
MIDDLESBROUGH 1 v 0 BRISTOL CITY
PRESTON NORTH END 1 v 2 NOTTINGHAM FOREST
QUEENS PARK RANGERS 1 v 1 SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Happy League 2019/20 Week 35 (of 35) - Deadline Saturday 11th July 12.30 on 21:30 - Jul 5 with 1270 viewsTheHappyGooner

Happy League 2019/20 Week 35 (of 35) - Deadline Saturday 11th July 12.30 on 19:26 - Jul 5 by durham_exile

HULL CITY 0 v 1 MILLWALL

Up the U's

Yes I too am struggling to find anyone who has amassed such a haul of 3 pointers and I will also confirm the record for points is 209.

So both records are gone.

What a way to do it

Well done Noah - no one has ever retained the title

You have had a stellar past 3 seasons

You are rightly a top 4 player now of all time

It was a long time coming - but it was worth it

Mick do log the records please 👍

[Post edited 5 Jul 2020 21:31]

WE ARE THE HAPPY GOONERS ! LONDONS FINEST !
Poll: The Big one v Southend - huge game - what say ye?

Happy League 2019/20 Week 35 (of 35) - Deadline Saturday 11th July 12.30 on 21:32 - Jul 5 with 1266 viewsTheHappyGooner

Happy League 2019/20 Week 35 (of 35) - Deadline Saturday 11th July 12.30 on 19:26 - Jul 5 by durham_exile

HULL CITY 0 v 1 MILLWALL

Up the U's

0-2
1-2
1-2
0-2
0-2
0-2
0-2
1-0
1-0
1-0

Happy League 2019/20 Week 35 (of 35) - Deadline Saturday 11th July 12.30 on 23:01 - Jul 5 with 1253 viewsblueeagle

Norwich 2-1 West Ham
Watford 1-0 Newcastle
Charlton 2-1 Reading
Derby 1-1 Brentford
Barnsley 2-1 Wigan
Blackburn 2-1 WBA
Hull 0-2 Millwall
Middlesbrough 2-0 Bristol City
Preston 1-2 Nottingham Forest
QPR 1-1 Sheffield Wed
Happy League 2019/20 Week 35 (of 35) - Deadline Saturday 11th July 12.30 on 01:07 - Jul 6 with 1240 viewsconcordman

NORWICH CITY 1 WEST HAM UNITED 2
WATFORD 1 NEWCASTLE UNITED 2
CHARLTON ATHLETIC 1 READING 0
DERBY COUNTY 1 BRENTFORD 2
BARNSLEY 0 WIGAN ATHLETIC 1
BLACKBURN ROVERS 1 WEST BROMICH ALBION 2
HULL CITY 1 MILLWALL 2
MIDDLESBROUGH 1 BRISTOL CITY 0
PRESTON NORTH END 0 NOTTINGHAM FOREST 1
QUEENS PARK RANGERS 1 SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY 0
Happy League 2019/20 Week 35 (of 35) - Deadline Saturday 11th July 12.30 on 07:08 - Jul 6 with 1236 viewsnoah4x4

Happy League 2019/20 Week 35 (of 35) - Deadline Saturday 11th July 12.30 on 21:30 - Jul 5 by TheHappyGooner

Yes I too am struggling to find anyone who has amassed such a haul of 3 pointers and I will also confirm the record for points is 209.

So both records are gone.

What a way to do it

Well done Noah - no one has ever retained the title

You have had a stellar past 3 seasons

You are rightly a top 4 player now of all time

It was a long time coming - but it was worth it

Mick do log the records please 👍

[Post edited 5 Jul 2020 21:31]

Hang on a mo about records, there are another 30 points up for grabs....

0 - 2 NORWICH CITY v WEST HAM UNITED (12.30)
0 - 1 WATFORD v NEWCASTLE UNITED (12.30)
2 - 1 CHARLTON ATHLETIC v READING (12.30)
0 - 1 DERBY COUNTY v BRENTFORD (12.30)
1 - 0 BARNSLEY v WIGAN ATHLETIC
0 - 1 BLACKBURN ROVERS v WEST BROMWICH ALBION
1 - 0 HULL CITY v MILLWALL
2 - 0 MIDDLESBROUGH v BRISTOL CITY
1 - 0 PRESTON NORTH END v NOTTINGHAM FOREST
1 - 0 QUEENS PARK RANGERS v SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY

A brilliant competition and wonderfully managed by Mick. Thanks.

In my first interview since reclaiming the title I attributed my success to my unusual formation. By putting scores before the fixture (rather than after) I can more clearly see patterns that others don't.

My Happy's "all 1-0 " tactic has a lot of merit given that the percentage of 1 - 0s is consistent week by week and the most common result. The trouble is, a greater percentage won't be 1 - 0. So I aim to mimic the regular percentage, and pick those first. Then the 0 -1s next. But putting my predicted scores left side, that's easier to ascertain if I have the correct shape going into the fixtures.

I then build my other scores around those, in like proportion to their incidence in the historic statistics. Hence more at 2 - I than at 3 -0. I look at form not league position. Picking Bristol City 0 - 1 Cardiff was based on the Robins not winning in six (now 8) and the Bluebirds upturn in away form plus alphabetic advantage. Plus Cardiff's substitutes propensity to score late goals from the bench.

BTW, if 203 is the past points record, didn't I previously break 200 when winning Division One? If I recall correctly, this will be my fourth occasion of winning the "Golden boot" of Scoring the most points across both divisions, albeit last season was dependent on a golden goal in extra time.

I twice changed tactics and suffered immediate relegation. But since sticking the engine at the front and the train at the back, I have been able to wax lyrical like a Cantona without script, or Gary Lineker with autocue. But never surpassing Durham for verbage (but why does my spell-check want to change mine to suggest garbage).

Lockdown has prevented an open topped tour bus (shame considering I got my free bus pass the week before lockdown) but I did manage a celebratory walking tour of the town on Super Saturday with a few Col U buddies, socially distanced, of course, and in our bubbles. The pub economy surged.....I say invest in local breweries and hosteleries now. If McGreal departs, I am ready for election.
[Post edited 6 Jul 2020 7:24]
Happy League 2019/20 Week 35 (of 35) - Deadline Saturday 11th July 12.30 on 12:01 - Jul 6 with 1206 viewsdurham_exile

Happy League 2019/20 Week 35 (of 35) - Deadline Saturday 11th July 12.30 on 07:08 - Jul 6 by noah4x4

In my first interview since reclaiming the title I attributed my success to my unusual formation. By putting scores before the fixture (rather than after) I can more clearly see patterns that others don't.

My Happy's "all 1-0 " tactic has a lot of merit given that the percentage of 1 - 0s is consistent week by week and the most common result. The trouble is, a greater percentage won't be 1 - 0. So I aim to mimic the regular percentage, and pick those first. Then the 0 -1s next. But putting my predicted scores left side, that's easier to ascertain if I have the correct shape going into the fixtures.

I then build my other scores around those, in like proportion to their incidence in the historic statistics. Hence more at 2 - I than at 3 -0. I look at form not league position. Picking Bristol City 0 - 1 Cardiff was based on the Robins not winning in six (now 8) and the Bluebirds upturn in away form plus alphabetic advantage. Plus Cardiff's substitutes propensity to score late goals from the bench.

BTW, if 203 is the past points record, didn't I previously break 200 when winning Division One? If I recall correctly, this will be my fourth occasion of winning the "Golden boot" of Scoring the most points across both divisions, albeit last season was dependent on a golden goal in extra time.

I twice changed tactics and suffered immediate relegation. But since sticking the engine at the front and the train at the back, I have been able to wax lyrical like a Cantona without script, or Gary Lineker with autocue. But never surpassing Durham for verbage (but why does my spell-check want to change mine to suggest garbage).

Lockdown has prevented an open topped tour bus (shame considering I got my free bus pass the week before lockdown) but I did manage a celebratory walking tour of the town on Super Saturday with a few Col U buddies, socially distanced, of course, and in our bubbles. The pub economy surged.....I say invest in local breweries and hosteleries now. If McGreal departs, I am ready for election.

Great stuff Noah

A worthy champion

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Happy League 2019/20 Week 35 (of 35) - Deadline Saturday 11th July 12.30 on 12:25 - Jul 6 with 1208 viewsBFG

NORWICH CITY v WEST HAM UNITED (12.30) 1-2
WATFORD v NEWCASTLE UNITED (12.30) 2-1
CHARLTON ATHLETIC v READING (12.30) 0-1
DERBY COUNTY v BRENTFORD (12.30) 0-2
BARNSLEY v WIGAN ATHLETIC 1-0
BLACKBURN ROVERS v WEST BROMWICH ALBION 0-2
HULL CITY v MILLWALL 1-1
MIDDLESBROUGH v BRISTOL CITY 1-0
PRESTON NORTH END v NOTTINGHAM FOREST 1-2
QUEENS PARK RANGERS v SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY 2-0
Login to get fewer ads

Happy League 2019/20 Week 35 (of 35) - Deadline Saturday 11th July 12.30 on 12:39 - Jul 6 with 1203 viewsburnsieespana

Congratulations noah. A tough thing to retain your title.

0-2
1-0
1-2
2-2
2-0
1-2
1-3
2-0
2-2
2-0
Happy League 2019/20 Week 35 (of 35) - Deadline Saturday 11th July 12.30 on 13:51 - Jul 6 with 1195 viewsMoor_Pinot

Thank you very much Mick, especially with the trying times & well done to the winners as well.

Nor 2-0 WH
Wat 3-2 Newc
Charl 1-1 Reading
Derby 0-1 Brentford
Barn 3-1 Wigan
Blkb 1-1 WBA
Hull 0-2 Mill
Midd 1-0 City
PNE 1-2 Forest
Qpr 4-2 Wed

Moor Pinot

Happy League 2019/20 Week 35 (of 35) - Deadline Saturday 11th July 12.30 on 13:52 - Jul 6 with 1195 viewsunitedwhites

NORWICH CITY 1 v WEST HAM UNITED 2(12.30)
WATFORD 1 v NEWCASTLE UNITED 2 (12.30)
CHARLTON ATHLETIC 1 v READING 0 (12.30)
DERBY COUNTY 1 v BRENTFORD 2(12.30)
BARNSLEY 2 v WIGAN ATHLETIC 0
BLACKBURN ROVERS 0 v WEST BROMICH ALBION 2
HULL CITY 1 v MILLWALL 0
MIDDLESBROUGH 1v BRISTOL CITY 0
PRESTON NORTH END 2 v NOTTINGHAM FOREST 1
QUEENS PARK RANGERS 1 v SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY 0
Happy League 2019/20 Week 35 (of 35) - Deadline Saturday 11th July 12.30 on 18:42 - Jul 6 with 1182 viewsMadeira163

NORWICH CITY v WEST HAM UNITED 0-2
WATFORD v NEWCASTLE UNITED 1-1
CHARLTON ATHLETIC v READING 2-0
DERBY COUNTY v BRENTFORD 2-1
BARNSLEY v WIGAN ATHLETIC 2-9
BLACKBURN ROVERS v WEST BROMICH ALBION 1-1
HULL CITY v MILLWALL 0-3
MIDDLESBROUGH v BRISTOL CITY 0-1
PRESTON NORTH END v NOTTINGHAM FOREST 1-2
QUEENS PARK RANGERS v SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY 1-0
Happy League 2019/20 Week 35 (of 35) - Deadline Saturday 11th July 12.30 on 18:54 - Jul 6 with 1179 viewsSector4

Norwich 1 west ham 2
Watford 2 Newcastle 1
Charlton 0 reading 1
Derby 1 brentford 2
Barnsley 1 Wigan 1
Blackburn 0 WBA 1
Hull 0 millwall 2
Middlesbrough 1 Bristol city 0
Preston 1 forest 1
QPR 2 Sheffield Wednesday 0
Happy League 2019/20 Week 35 (of 35) - Deadline Saturday 11th July 12.30 on 22:10 - Jul 6 with 1172 viewsgerry_us

Norwich City 0 West Ham United 2
Watford 1 Newcastle United 1
Charlton Athletic 0 Reading 2
Derby County 1 Brentford 1
Barnsley 1 Wigan Athletic 2
Blackburn Rovers 0 West Bromwich Albion 2
Hull City 0 Millwall 2
Middlesbrough 2 Bristol City 0
Preston North End 1 Nottingham Forest 1
Queens Park Rangers 2 Sheffield Wednesday 0
Happy League 2019/20 Week 35 (of 35) - Deadline Saturday 11th July 12.30 on 13:05 - Jul 7 with 1158 viewsthrillseeker

NORWICH CITY v WEST HAM UNITED 2-1
WATFORD v NEWCASTLE UNITED 2-1
CHARLTON ATHLETIC v READING 1-2
DERBY COUNTY v BRENTFORD 0-1
BARNSLEY v WIGAN ATHLETIC 2-0
BLACKBURN ROVERS v WEST BROMICH ALBION 2-1
HULL CITY v MILLWALL 1-2
MIDDLESBROUGH v BRISTOL CITY 1-0
PRESTON NORTH END v NOTTINGHAM FOREST 0-1
QUEENS PARK RANGERS v SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY 3-2
Happy League 2019/20 Week 35 (of 35) - Deadline Saturday 11th July 12.30 on 18:14 - Jul 7 with 1153 viewsLewis_1

NORWICH CITY v WEST HAM UNITED (12.30) 2-1
WATFORD v NEWCASTLE UNITED (12.30) 1-1
CHARLTON ATHLETIC v READING (12.30) 0-2
DERBY COUNTY v BRENTFORD (12.30) 1-1
BARNSLEY v WIGAN ATHLETIC 1-3
BLACKBURN ROVERS v WEST BROMICH ALBION 0-2
HULL CITY v MILLWALL 0-2
MIDDLESBROUGH v BRISTOL CITY 1-1
PRESTON NORTH END v NOTTINGHAM FOREST2-1
QUEENS PARK RANGERS v SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY2-0
Happy League 2019/20 Week 35 (of 35) - Deadline Saturday 11th July 12.30 on 19:01 - Jul 7 with 1148 viewsGOSBTS

Absolute disaster zone, I feel like Col U - some weeks it looks like I could challenge for automatics, but when it comes down to it I can’t even cement my position in the playoffs! The increased number of Championship games post-lockdown have been the death of me. Here goes for last day drama:

DERBY COUNTY v BRENTFORD (12.30) 2-4
BLACKBURN ROVERS v WEST BROMICH ALBION 2-3
HULL CITY v MILLWALL 0-0
PRESTON NORTH END v NOTTINGHAM FOREST 1—1
QUEENS PARK RANGERS v SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY 0-1
Happy League 2019/20 Week 35 (of 35) - Deadline Saturday 11th July 12.30 on 21:31 - Jul 7 with 1144 viewsTheHappyGooner

Happy League 2019/20 Week 35 (of 35) - Deadline Saturday 11th July 12.30 on 19:01 - Jul 7 by GOSBTS

Absolute disaster zone, I feel like Col U - some weeks it looks like I could challenge for automatics, but when it comes down to it I can’t even cement my position in the playoffs! The increased number of Championship games post-lockdown have been the death of me. Here goes for last day drama:

DERBY COUNTY v BRENTFORD (12.30) 2-4
BLACKBURN ROVERS v WEST BROMICH ALBION 2-3
HULL CITY v MILLWALL 0-0
PRESTON NORTH END v NOTTINGHAM FOREST 1—1
QUEENS PARK RANGERS v SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY 0-1

There is nothing certain in the Happy League ......normally.

Happy League 2019/20 Week 35 (of 35) - Deadline Saturday 11th July 12.30 on 21:32 - Jul 7 with 1143 viewsTheHappyGooner

Happy League 2019/20 Week 35 (of 35) - Deadline Saturday 11th July 12.30 on 07:08 - Jul 6 by noah4x4

Great read

209 is the past points record

Your on a Hatrick now !

No way will that happen

I’ll give you 10/1 now

Happy League 2019/20 Week 35 (of 35) - Deadline Saturday 11th July 12.30 on 08:59 - Jul 8 with 1132 viewsburnsieespana

Happy League 2019/20 Week 35 (of 35) - Deadline Saturday 11th July 12.30 on 21:31 - Jul 7 by TheHappyGooner

There is nothing certain in the Happy League ......normally.

Now that is something I fully agree with.
Promotion in my first year decent run in my second followed by relegation in my third and pretty ordinary performance this year only marginally salvaged since the season restarted.
Can only take my hat off to noah's performance in winning Championship two year's running but boy, did I miss it during the lockdown.
[Post edited 8 Jul 2020 18:12]
Happy League 2019/20 Week 35 (of 35) - Deadline Saturday 11th July 12.30 on 17:49 - Jul 8 with 1125 viewsmfb_cufc

Thank you all for the kind comments.

The 1-0 and 0-1 have certainly proved to be your main source for 3 pointers, but the main reason for your success is to not back any game to end in a draw (though you did have 2 this season). With 30 games left to the season (including Charity Shield and Division One play-offs) the 1-0 is surprisingly only second best for a home win with 26. Best for a home win is the 2-1 with 28. In my 6 seasons of administrating the Happy League this would be only the second time the 2-1 has beaten the 1-0 if it holds on. With 28 the 0-1 is way ahead as the best for an away win, 11 more than the 1-2. This is the most 0-1 has had in those 6 seasons, and the smallest amount for 1-2 so far. The top result is again the 1-1 with 34, but this prediction is not as popular as it use to be, with a number of 1-1 results going almost unbacked. The most disappointing prediction for the sixth season running is the 0-2, and there has only been 12 of them so far.

There will be a full round up of the seasons 300 games, and the six season comparison after the seasons end.

mfb

Happy League 2019/20 Week 35 (of 35) - Deadline Saturday 11th July 12.30 on 21:01 - Jul 8 with 1114 viewsnoah4x4

If I thought I could pick 8 score draws I would do the Football Pools. I reckon score draws are by far the most unpredictable result to pick.
Happy League 2019/20 Week 35 (of 35) - Deadline Saturday 11th July 12.30 on 21:28 - Jul 8 with 1111 viewsmfb_cufc

Happy League 2019/20 Week 35 (of 35) - Deadline Saturday 11th July 12.30 on 21:01 - Jul 8 by noah4x4

If I thought I could pick 8 score draws I would do the Football Pools. I reckon score draws are by far the most unpredictable result to pick.

Absolutely spot-on. That is exactly my reason for never predicting a draw since I have been in the Happy League. Also if you predict a game to be 1-1 there is realistically only the 0-0 or 2-2 to get you an outcome if you are wrong.

mfb

Happy League 2019/20 Week 35 (of 35) - Deadline Saturday 11th July 12.30 on 16:05 - Jul 9 with 1100 viewsmfb_cufc

NORWICH CITY 1 WEST HAM UNITED 2
WATFORD 2 NEWCASTLE UNITED 1
CHARLTON ATHLETIC 1 READING 2
DERBY COUNTY 1 BRENTFORD 2
BARNSLEY 1 WIGAN ATHLETIC 2
BLACKBURN ROVERS 1 WEST BROMICH ALBION 2
HULL CITY 0 MILLWALL 1
MIDDLESBROUGH 1 BRISTOL CITY 0
PRESTON NORTH END 0 NOTTINGHAM FOREST 1
QUEENS PARK RANGERS 2 SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY 1

mfb

Happy League 2019/20 Week 35 (of 35) - Deadline Saturday 11th July 12.30 on 18:54 - Jul 9 with 1090 viewsgerry_us

Happy League 2019/20 Week 35 (of 35) - Deadline Saturday 11th July 12.30 on 21:28 - Jul 8 by mfb_cufc

Absolutely spot-on. That is exactly my reason for never predicting a draw since I have been in the Happy League. Also if you predict a game to be 1-1 there is realistically only the 0-0 or 2-2 to get you an outcome if you are wrong.

Remember remember last October..

Hudderfield Town 1 QPR 0  1pt
Luton Town 0 Cardiff City 2 1pt
AFC Wimbledon 1 Fleetwood 2 3pts
Shrewsbury Town 1 MK Dons 1 3pts
Leyton Orient 1 Macclesfield 1 3pts 
Morecambe 1 Mansfield Town 1 3pts

14 pts Taraaah!

So three 1-1s in last Happy League week prediction. Here's hoping .....
[Post edited 9 Jul 2020 21:42]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024