Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Happy League 2019/20 Final tables 00:18 - Jul 12 with 919 viewsmfb_cufc

Week 35 Results

NORWICH 0 WEST HAM 4

Norwich became the first club to be relegated from the Premier League this season as ex-U's loanee Michail Antonio scored all four goals, to become the first West Ham player to score four goals in a top-flight match since David Cross in 1981. Nobody got this spot-on, but 18 did have the outcome.

WATFORD 2 NEWCASTLE 1
Watford came from behind to get the win that moves them six points clear of the bottom three. 6 had this spot-on, and another 4 got the outcome.

CHARLTON 0 READING 1
Charlton failed to alleviate their Championship relegation worries with another defeat. 4 got this spot-on, and a further 8 had the outcome.

DERBY 1 BRENTFORD 3
Said Benrahma scored one of the goals of the season as Brentford have now won seven games in a row. Well done to Blue4U2 for being the only one to have this spot-on, and 12 more got the outcome.

BARNSLEY 0 WIGAN 0
Barnsley missed the chance to move off the bottom of the Championship as they were held to a bore draw by 10-man Wigan. Nobody got this spot-on, though 3 did have the outcome.

BLACKBURN 1 WBA 1
West Brom fail to make it four straight wins in their quest for automatic promotion. 4 had this spot-on, and nobody got the outcome.

HULL 0 MILLWALL 1
Hull lose for the third game in a row as they battle to avoid the drop. 5 got this spot-on, and a further 11 had the outcome.

MIDDLESBROUGH 1 BRISTOL CITY 3
Tributes were paid to Jack Charlton on a sombre day at the Riverside as his former club Middlesbrough were beaten by managerless City. Nobody had this spot-on, and only gsy163 got the outcome. 20 predicted a win for Middlesbrough with 12 going for a 1-0 in what was the weeks most predicted score.

PRESTON 1 NOTTINGHAM FOREST 1
Preston missed the opportunity to move into the Championship play-off places after they were held by their fellow promotion hopefuls. 6 got this spot-on, and 1 more had the outcome.

QPR 0 SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY 3
Wednesday marked the death of former manager Jack Charlton with a comfortable victory over a poor QPR. Nobody had this spot-on, and just GOSBTS got the outcome. 17 predicted a win for QPR.

The longest season in the history of the Happy League finally came to end today. In fact in a way it has seemed like two seasons rolled into one. Before the restart we wondered if playing behind closed doors would take the home advantage away. The previous three weeks would suggest that hasn't really been the case, but this week only Watford of the home teams managed to win. Since the restart the fixtures have produced a number of games without a 3 pointer, and we had another four this week. At least the other six games achieved a decent 26, but there were only 59 outcomes overall. Two members did well to have three 3 pointers. They were Sector4 who had the wins for Watford and Reading with the Preston 1-1 and four outcomes to give him a brilliant 13 points and be the seasons final top scorer. Also Tropical_Us who had the wins for Watford and Millwall and the Preston 1-1 to give him an excellent 10 points. Best of the six members who had two 3 pointers was Blue4U2 who got the Watford 2-1 to go with his good Brentford 3-1 pick to also give him an excellent 10 points.

THE TABLES (280 out of 280 played)
(Tie-breaker: Most 3 pointers, and then the first to post)

In the Premier Only two outcomes to finish a wonderful season for noah4x4, but I am sure it won't bother him as his record breaking season has seen him become the first member to retain the Premier title, and his 213 points have been confirmed as the highest score in a season. After checking my records I was wrong to say he broke the record for the most 3 pointers last week.I had thought for a long time the previous record was 38, but never thought to check. He did in fact equal it with his 39 also being achieved by thrillseeker in the 2017/18 season. That was the season when he won the title and also went through the 200 point barrier. After only finishing 7th last season, he was back to form this season to claim the runners-up spot. He is joined in the Charity Shield by gerry_us who would have taken great pleasure in the fact it was having the Preston 1-1 spot-on that clinched him the place, after the debate this week on whether predicting draws was a good idea. After today's early kick-offs mfb-cufc had moved up to third. But after getting the wins for Watford and Millwall spot-on to give him a chance of making the Charity Shield, that Preston 1-1 proved to be the defining result. The brilliant week for Sector4 moved him up a couple of places to finish a meritorious fifth, after looking good for a Charity Shield place most of the season. After a slow start TheFatGooner gradually found his feet, and ended a respectable sixth in his first season at this level. After only losing out on the title by a whisker last season sevebalo didn't quite reach those heights, but had every chance of making the Charity Shield most of the season before finally finishing seventh. After finishing third for the last two seasons ROSCOSWORTH, despite a decent number of 3 pointers, had to settle for eighth. Before lockdown Tropical_Us was in danger of being relegated, but a couple of double figure scores to finish the season made sure that didn't happen. The plan for TheHappyGooner was to win the title after two decent seasons together, so they will be disappointed it ended in relegation. Far too many missed weeks lead to Colukev being relegated. He has good record in Division One, so will be hopeful of a quick return. I fear the worst for what may have happened to eagledares, but he has missed seasons in the past due ill health, and I can only hope that is the reason for his absence now, and he will return again in future.

In Division One After finishing in the bottom half for last five seasons, it is congratulations to Blue4U2, who really got his act together in a big way, to be a very worthy champion. After going top in Week 4 he was rarely out of the top two, in a season that contained an impressive 7 double figure scores. After missing out in the play-offs last season, and starting slowly this season, basher2010 gradually improved and the 14 points he scored in Week 28 took him into the other automatic spot, where he remained for the rest of the season. That caps a good two seasons for him after winning the Happy Cup and Charity Shield last season. As is usual for Division One the play-off spots were closely fought. That was certainly the case this season with just one point separating the four who made the play-offs. After missing out in the play-offs in his first season last season, blueeagle will be hoping to go one better this season after a decent third finish. After making a good start to the season concordman fell away, but an impressive 42 points since the restart has shot him back into the top six and he makes the play-offs for the first time, after previously finishing seventh three times. A decent first season, that has seen him spend most of it in the top six, was almost undone when GOSBTS struggled recently, but by having the Reading 1-0 and the Preston 1-1 spot-on the decent 9 points made sure he made the play-offs after all. A no show from Daniel this week could have proved disastrous for him after being in the top six for virtually the whole season, but all was well, and takes the final play-off spot. By getting 44 points since the restart, more than anybody in both leagues, gsy163 almost made the play-offs, but had to settle for seventh. A decent first season for Lewis_1 that saw him in the top six all season, until he dropped out right at the end. A good final day for wessex_exile and ghughes11, with both having the draws at Blackburn and Preston spot-on, but it was not enough for a play-off spot that they have both been short of for most of the season. Another to benefit since the restart is BFG, but the 37 points he has made since then still left him with too much to do to make the play-offs. The restart also brought about a return to form for burnsieespana, and the 39 points he made in those four weeks put some respectability to his season. Although he had no problem getting outcomes, a struggle to find 3 pointers held durham_exile back, but he had the big consolation of winning the Happy Cup. With a chance of winning the Charity Shield as well, this could still be an even better season for him. A lack of 3 pointers also held back oxfcolu, but at least he showed a slight improvement on last season. To show what a fine line there is between getting a 3 pointer or an outcome was well demonstrated by unitedwhites. Last season he made the play-offs with 31 spot-ons and 88 outcomes. This season he made a century of outcomes, but only 11 spot-ons to make a 48 point difference. It was only two seasons ago when Pinault_Noir was not far away from making the play-offs, so I am sure we have not seen the best of him this season. At the bottom MattFlat produced the occasional 3 pointer not seen by others, but far too many missed weeks gave him no chance of finishing any higher.

The Charity Shield semi-finals will be:-

noah4x4 v durham_exile
thrillseeker v gerry_us

The Division One play-off semi-finals will be:-

blueeagle v Daniel
concodman v GOSBTS

All the details for these semi-finals will appear on a separate thread on Sunday.

mfb

Happy League 2019/20 Final tables on 09:56 - Jul 12 with 883 viewsGOSBTS

mfb, thank you for all you have done this season with the Happy League. As a first-time player it has been an absolute pleasure playing each week. Pre-lockdown I loved coming home from a U's game and immediately checking how well or badly I'd done in the Happy League. It became a very enjoyable part of my Saturday football routine. It must take up quite a bit of your weekend so I, like so many players, am very grateful.

I am chuffed to have regained my spot in the playoffs after messing it up last week! I must say I treated yesterday like a proper finals day. I had the scores up live and kept calculating my score against gsy163 and Lewis_1's. I look forward to meeting you in the semi-final concordman!
Happy League 2019/20 Final tables on 14:47 - Jul 12 with 862 viewsgerry_us

Happy League 2019/20 Final tables on 09:56 - Jul 12 by GOSBTS

mfb, thank you for all you have done this season with the Happy League. As a first-time player it has been an absolute pleasure playing each week. Pre-lockdown I loved coming home from a U's game and immediately checking how well or badly I'd done in the Happy League. It became a very enjoyable part of my Saturday football routine. It must take up quite a bit of your weekend so I, like so many players, am very grateful.

I am chuffed to have regained my spot in the playoffs after messing it up last week! I must say I treated yesterday like a proper finals day. I had the scores up live and kept calculating my score against gsy163 and Lewis_1's. I look forward to meeting you in the semi-final concordman!

Great competition and round up Mick and I have to say I'm pretty astounded to make 3rd place after having languished rock bottom and a cert for relegation at week 20. Must try to understand what I did since then and learn the lessons. Ironic also that I should nick the last place from you with that late 1-1 draw, however that score has strangely been exceedingly good for me recently.
Happy League 2019/20 Final tables on 16:49 - Jul 12 with 850 viewsburnsieespana

Thank you mick for all your hard work in what must have been a very trying season.
Now look forward to next season and must try to understand what I did differently post lockdown and carry it forward to next season.
All stay safe.
Happy League 2019/20 Final tables on 17:34 - Jul 12 with 846 viewswessex_exile

Another great competition Mick, thanks for all your hard work making it happen. Well done to all the victors and those still with matters to play for. Special congratulations to Noah for smashing it out the park in such emphatic style, and I'm particularly pleased for Daniel - being no stranger to no-shows myself in the past, it wouldn't have felt right if he'd lost his play-off spot for a simple oversight.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

Happy League 2019/20 Final tables on 21:44 - Jul 12 with 830 viewsTheHappyGooner

Yes well done Mick and some very valid comments ....

After an emergency board meeting TheHappyGooner has been backed with a season long extention by the board after we blamed Covid frenzy the reason for our unusually poor show.

Thankfully they bought it.

We will be back !!

Congratulations Noah - record holder twice over now.

Note: league history updates will follow in the coming weeks.
[Post edited 12 Jul 2020 21:46]

WE ARE THE HAPPY GOONERS ! LONDONS FINEST !
Poll: The Big one v Southend - huge game - what say ye?

Happy League 2019/20 Final tables on 17:43 - Aug 24 with 684 viewsTheHappyGooner

Bump

WE ARE THE HAPPY GOONERS ! LONDONS FINEST !
Poll: The Big one v Southend - huge game - what say ye?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024