Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
HL 2019/20 Charity Shield & Div One Play-off Finals Deadline Sunday 16.00 21:35 - Jul 18 with 657 viewsmfb_cufc

Semi-final Results

CHARLTON 2 WIGAN 2

Charlton get a 92nd minute equaliser, scored by ex-U's Macca Bonne. Remember him McGreal.

STOKE 1 BRENTFORD 0
Brentford needed to win their final two games to guarantee automatic promotion. But suffer a shock defeat in the first of those games.

BLACKBURN 4 READING 3
Blackburn shook off the disappointment of missing out on the play-offs as they eventually saw off Reading in a seven-goal thriller.

FULHAM 5 SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY 3
Aleksandar Mitrovic and Neeskens Kebano both scored twice as Fulham won a nervy eight-goal thriller to stay in the race for automatic promotion from the Championship.

HULL 0 LUTON 1
Luton give themselves every chance of avoiding the drop, as Lua Lua (no not him, his brother) gets the winner.

MIDDLESBROUGH 1 CARDIFF 3
Cardiff remain in pole position to clinch the final Championship play-off spot following this win that means the hosts are still not safe from relegation.

PRESTON 2 BIRMINGHAM 0
Birmingham are still not safe from the threat of relegation from the Championship after this defeat.

QPR 4 MILLWALL 3
Millwall saw their Championship play-off challenge ended by defeat to their London rivals in a seven-goal thriller.

SWANSEA 1 BRISTOL CITY 0
Swansea kept their Championship play-off hopes alive as Connor Roberts' goal gave them a nervy victory.

NORWICH 0 BURNLEY 2
Burnley keep their European hopes alive with this comfortable win against 9-man Norwich.

Over the years the end of season Charity Shield and Division One Play-offs have proved really difficult to find those important 3 pointers, and this seasons fixtures proved to be just as hard. Some outrageous results like 4-3 and 5-3 didn't help, and they were among seven games that failed to produce a 3 pointer. In fact before today we had only had one 4-3 all season, and no 5-3. At least we did get eight from the other three games, and the three from the Burnley 2-0 was a defining score for three of the semi-finals.

This is how the all finished:-

Charity Shield Semi-finals

noah4x4 10 (2) durham_exile 4

Having the wins for Swansea and Burnley spot-on gives noah4x4 a comfortable victory.

thrillseeker 9 (1) gerry_us 9 (2)
They both got the Preston 2-0 spot-on, but by having the Burnley 2-0 spot-on gerry_us pulls off a last gasp win on the most 3 pointer rule.

Division One Play-off Semi-finals

blueeagle 6 (1) Daniel 10 (2)

This was another game that was decided on the Norwich v Burnley match and by getting that score spot-on Daniel sealed his place in the final. He had earlier got the Swansea 1-0 spot-on, while blueeagle had the Preston 2-0 spot-on.

concordman 5 GOSBTS 5
Another game that was settled on a tie-breaker rule. After they both got five outcomes, it was GOSBTS who edged through on the first to post rule.

CHARITY SHIELD FINAL

noah4x4 v gerry_us

DIVISION ONE PLAY-OFF FINAL

Daniel v GOSBTS

These are one off games, no replays. The usual tie-breaker rules apply, most 3 pointers, and then more importantly the first to post. Finally no more than four scores the same as your opponent, please.

The Fixtures These are the final Premier League games of the season all being played on Sunday with a 16.00 kick-off.

ARSENAL v WATFORD
BURNLEY v BRIGHTON & HOVE ALBION
CHELSEA v WOLVERHAMPTON WANDERERS
CRYSTAL PALACE v TOTTENHAM
EVERTON v AFC BOURNEMOUTH
LEICESTER CITY v MANCHESTER UNITED
MANCHESTER CITY v NORWICH CITY
NEWCASTLE UNITED v LIVERPOOL
SOUTHAMPTON v SHEFFIELD UNITED
WEST HAM UNITED v ASTON VILLA

Good luck to you all.

mfb

HL 2019/20 Charity Shield & Div One Play-off Finals Deadline Sunday 16.00 on 21:55 - Jul 18 with 650 viewsGOSBTS

ARSENAL v WATFORD 2-1
BURNLEY v BRIGHTON & HOVE ALBION 1-1
CHELSEA v WOLVERHAMPTON WANDERERS 2-2
CRYSTAL PALACE v TOTTENHAM 1-2
EVERTON v AFC BOURNEMOUTH 2-0
LEICESTER CITY v MANCHESTER UNITED 2-3
MANCHESTER CITY v NORWICH CITY 4-0
NEWCASTLE UNITED v LIVERPOOL 1-2
SOUTHAMPTON v SHEFFIELD UNITED 0-0
WEST HAM UNITED v ASTON VILLA 2-2

No turning back, may the best player win!
HL 2019/20 Charity Shield & Div One Play-off Finals Deadline Sunday 16.00 on 08:49 - Jul 19 with 625 viewsnoah4x4

Respect Gerry. Noble opponent...

2 - 0 ARSENAL v WATFORD
1 - 0 BURNLEY v BRIGHTON & HOVE ALBION
2 - 0 CHELSEA v WOLVERHAMPTON WANDERERS
0 - 2 CRYSTAL PALACE v TOTTENHAM
2 - 1 EVERTON v AFC BOURNEMOUTH
1 - 0 LEICESTER CITY v MANCHESTER UNITED
4 - 0 MANCHESTER CITY v NORWICH CITY
1 - 2 NEWCASTLE UNITED v LIVERPOOL
1 - 0 SOUTHAMPTON v SHEFFIELD UNITED
1 - 0 WEST HAM UNITED v ASTON VILLA
[Post edited 19 Jul 2020 8:50]
HL 2019/20 Charity Shield & Div One Play-off Finals Deadline Sunday 16.00 on 11:38 - Jul 19 with 615 viewsTheHappyGooner

HL 2019/20 Charity Shield & Div One Play-off Finals Deadline Sunday 16.00 on 08:49 - Jul 19 by noah4x4

Respect Gerry. Noble opponent...

2 - 0 ARSENAL v WATFORD
1 - 0 BURNLEY v BRIGHTON & HOVE ALBION
2 - 0 CHELSEA v WOLVERHAMPTON WANDERERS
0 - 2 CRYSTAL PALACE v TOTTENHAM
2 - 1 EVERTON v AFC BOURNEMOUTH
1 - 0 LEICESTER CITY v MANCHESTER UNITED
4 - 0 MANCHESTER CITY v NORWICH CITY
1 - 2 NEWCASTLE UNITED v LIVERPOOL
1 - 0 SOUTHAMPTON v SHEFFIELD UNITED
1 - 0 WEST HAM UNITED v ASTON VILLA
[Post edited 19 Jul 2020 8:50]

Gerry has been the nearly man for well over a decade now

Runner up in everything

But now has the chance to win silverware for the first time in a tournament that is a first for him and completes the set

Surely he can get over the line

Another failure would be simply too hard to bear ..

WE ARE THE HAPPY GOONERS ! LONDONS FINEST !
Poll: The Big one v Southend - huge game - what say ye?

HL 2019/20 Charity Shield & Div One Play-off Finals Deadline Sunday 16.00 on 11:43 - Jul 19 with 611 viewsgerry_us

HL 2019/20 Charity Shield & Div One Play-off Finals Deadline Sunday 16.00 on 11:38 - Jul 19 by TheHappyGooner

Gerry has been the nearly man for well over a decade now

Runner up in everything

But now has the chance to win silverware for the first time in a tournament that is a first for him and completes the set

Surely he can get over the line

Another failure would be simply too hard to bear ..

Oh, thanks for that glowing tribute Happs.
No pressure then?
HL 2019/20 Charity Shield & Div One Play-off Finals Deadline Sunday 16.00 on 14:07 - Jul 24 with 561 viewsgerry_us

Here we go...predictions from the "nearly" man.
All the best Noah. Just for devilment have included a couple of my favourite 1-1 draws. Couldn't resist it..even in the final. Wouldn't be me without at least one.
Roll on Sunday!

Arsenal 2 Watford 1
Burnley 1 Brighton & Hove Albion 1
Chelsea 2 Wolverhampton Wanderers 1
Crystal Palace 1 Tottenham Hotspur 3
Everton 2 AFC Bournemouth 0
Leicester City 1 Manchester United 2
Manchester City 5 Norwich City 1
Newcastle United 0 Liverpool 2
Southampton 1 Sheffield United 1
West Ham United 2 Aston Villa 0
HL 2019/20 Charity Shield & Div One Play-off Finals Deadline Sunday 16.00 on 17:47 - Jul 24 with 550 viewsDaniel

With GOSBTS getting in first, I've gone tactical. As I'm the king of outcomes and lack 3-pointers, I've matched 4 scores in the hope that my 'no draws' rule pays off in the remaining 6 games.

ARSENAL v WATFORD 3-0
BURNLEY v BRIGHTON & HOVE ALBION 1-0
CHELSEA v WOLVERHAMPTON WANDERERS 2-1
CRYSTAL PALACE v TOTTENHAM 1-2 matched
EVERTON v AFC BOURNEMOUTH 2-0 matched
LEICESTER CITY v MANCHESTER UNITED 1-2
MANCHESTER CITY v NORWICH CITY 4-0 matched
NEWCASTLE UNITED v LIVERPOOL 1-2 matched
SOUTHAMPTON v SHEFFIELD UNITED 2-1
WEST HAM UNITED v ASTON VILLA 2-1
HL 2019/20 Charity Shield & Div One Play-off Finals Deadline Sunday 16.00 on 17:55 - Jul 24 with 548 viewsburnsieespana

Good luck guys.
HL 2019/20 Charity Shield & Div One Play-off Finals Deadline Sunday 16.00 on 20:33 - Jul 24 with 539 viewsTheHappyGooner

HL 2019/20 Charity Shield & Div One Play-off Finals Deadline Sunday 16.00 on 17:47 - Jul 24 by Daniel

With GOSBTS getting in first, I've gone tactical. As I'm the king of outcomes and lack 3-pointers, I've matched 4 scores in the hope that my 'no draws' rule pays off in the remaining 6 games.

ARSENAL v WATFORD 3-0
BURNLEY v BRIGHTON & HOVE ALBION 1-0
CHELSEA v WOLVERHAMPTON WANDERERS 2-1
CRYSTAL PALACE v TOTTENHAM 1-2 matched
EVERTON v AFC BOURNEMOUTH 2-0 matched
LEICESTER CITY v MANCHESTER UNITED 1-2
MANCHESTER CITY v NORWICH CITY 4-0 matched
NEWCASTLE UNITED v LIVERPOOL 1-2 matched
SOUTHAMPTON v SHEFFIELD UNITED 2-1
WEST HAM UNITED v ASTON VILLA 2-1

I’m not a fan of the copy cat tactic but who am I to dictate !

Login to get fewer ads

HL 2019/20 Charity Shield & Div One Play-off Finals Deadline Sunday 16.00 on 21:08 - Jul 24 with 535 viewsDaniel

HL 2019/20 Charity Shield & Div One Play-off Finals Deadline Sunday 16.00 on 20:33 - Jul 24 by TheHappyGooner

I’m not a fan of the copy cat tactic but who am I to dictate !

Sometimes you have to play everyone behind the ball and hoof it to the big man up top to get the result
HL 2019/20 Charity Shield & Div One Play-off Finals Deadline Sunday 16.00 on 22:11 - Jul 24 with 522 viewsGOSBTS

HL 2019/20 Charity Shield & Div One Play-off Finals Deadline Sunday 16.00 on 21:08 - Jul 24 by Daniel

Sometimes you have to play everyone behind the ball and hoof it to the big man up top to get the result

That made me chuckle

At least there's only 6 fixtures we have to keep our eyes on now and not 10! My head was in a spin keeping my eye on all those Championship fixtures during the 90 minutes last week
HL 2019/20 Charity Shield & Div One Play-off Finals Deadline Sunday 16.00 on 23:33 - Jul 24 with 514 viewsmfb_cufc

Well done everyone, all predictions are in.

Looks like we are in for two well contested games. The Charity Shield will have a new name on it whoever wins, but gerry_us will be determined to win his first trophy. Or can noah4x4 add the Charity Shield to his fantastic Premier title.

Then we have a great tactical contest with the Division One play-off final. I have no problem at all with Daniel turning it into six game shoot out. It is perfectly in the rules. Predicting first does have an advantage, but only if the game ends in a tie, but predicting second can also have the advantage of knowing what your opponent has predicted. Of course by turning it into a six game contest there is more chance of the game ending in a tie, than if all ten games count. So will Daniel regain his Premier League status, or will GOSBTS gain promotion in his first season. All will be revealed on Sunday.

mfb

HL 2019/20 Charity Shield & Div One Play-off Finals Deadline Sunday 16.00 on 01:48 - Jul 25 with 511 viewsTheHappyGooner

HL 2019/20 Charity Shield & Div One Play-off Finals Deadline Sunday 16.00 on 23:33 - Jul 24 by mfb_cufc

Well done everyone, all predictions are in.

Looks like we are in for two well contested games. The Charity Shield will have a new name on it whoever wins, but gerry_us will be determined to win his first trophy. Or can noah4x4 add the Charity Shield to his fantastic Premier title.

Then we have a great tactical contest with the Division One play-off final. I have no problem at all with Daniel turning it into six game shoot out. It is perfectly in the rules. Predicting first does have an advantage, but only if the game ends in a tie, but predicting second can also have the advantage of knowing what your opponent has predicted. Of course by turning it into a six game contest there is more chance of the game ending in a tie, than if all ten games count. So will Daniel regain his Premier League status, or will GOSBTS gain promotion in his first season. All will be revealed on Sunday.

So exciting

I could crush a grape !

HL 2019/20 Charity Shield & Div One Play-off Finals Deadline Sunday 16.00 on 18:17 - Jul 26 with 466 viewsmfb_cufc

Finals Results

ARSENAL 3 WATFORD 2

Despite the victory, Arsenal have had their lowest Premier League finish since 1994-95.

BURNLEY 1 BRIGHTON & HOVE ALBION 2
Brighton recorded their highest Premier League points total as they completed their campaign with an impressive win.

CHELSEA 2 WOLVERHAMPTON WANDERERS 0
After just five wins at Stamford Bridge in their opening 13 Premier League games this season (D3 L5), Chelsea have ended the season with six successive home victories.

CRYSTAL PALACE 1 TOTTENHAM 1
Palace have become just the eighth team to go through an entire Premier League season without scoring more than twice in a match and are the first side to do so without being relegated.

EVERTON 1 AFC BOURNEMOUTH 3
Bournemouth's five-year stay in the Premier League came to an end, as Everton lost a home Premier League game for the first time since November, with their first home defeat under Carlo Ancelotti.

LEICESTER CITY 0 MANCHESTER UNITED 2
Manchester United extended their unbeaten run to 14 games in the Premier League, as they secured a place in the Champions League.

MANCHESTER CITY 5 NORWICH CITY 0
City finish as the top scorers in the country and have scored 100+ league goals in a top-flight season for a fifth time, an English record.

NEWCASTLE UNITED 1 LIVERPOOL 3
Liverpool won for the 14th time away from home in this season's Premier League, a new club record.

SOUTHAMPTON 3 SHEFFIELD UNITED 1
Southampton overturned a half-time deficit for only the second time this season to claim only their sixth home win of the season at St Mary's.

WEST HAM UNITED 1 ASTON VILLA 1
Villa's point means they have survived relegation from the Premier League, despite failing to keep a clean sheet away from home all season. In 19 games under David Moyes, West Ham recorded one more Premier League point (20) than they managed in their 19 previous games this season under Manuel Pellegrini (19).

As I said after the semi-final games, 3 pointers have been hard to come by over the years in the Charity Shield and Division One play-offs. That was certainly the case in today's two finals when the only one was the Chelsea 2-0 predicted by noah4x4. At least the 20 outcomes gave us two close fought games, and this is how they finished.

CHARITY SHIELD FINAL

noah4x4 7 (1) gerry_us 5

By having that Chelsea 2-0 spot-on it proved to be the defining result of this final as noah4x4 adds the Charity Shield to his Premier title. It could have been so different if Wolves had managed to score, as gerry_us had Chelsea to win 2-1. Such fine lines, as is so often the case in these head to head games.

DIVISION ONE PLAY-OFF FINAL

Daniel 6 GOSBTS 5

In a game of outcomes Daniel does just enough to gain promotion. The defining result being Southampton's come from behind win. After a good first season GOSBTS will be looking to one better next season.

The season round-up will appear soon.
[Post edited 26 Jul 2020 21:03]

mfb

HL 2019/20 Charity Shield & Div One Play-off Finals Deadline Sunday 16.00 on 18:30 - Jul 26 with 457 viewsGOSBTS

Great final contest, well done Daniel - thoroughly deserved! You had the experience to see it through. I'm chuffed with my first season in the Happy League and hope I can build on this to be one of the favourites for automatic promotion next season!
HL 2019/20 Charity Shield & Div One Play-off Finals Deadline Sunday 16.00 on 18:31 - Jul 26 with 456 viewsgerry_us

Beaten by the master. Well done on a remarkable double Noah.
A couple of 1-1 draws as I suggested, just not the ones I predicted.
Just wait until next season.....
[Post edited 26 Jul 2020 18:36]
HL 2019/20 Charity Shield & Div One Play-off Finals Deadline Sunday 16.00 on 21:46 - Jul 26 with 423 viewsDaniel

Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes!

Tactic worked, but there was only the odd goal or so in it being swayed by a 3-pointer. Sorry for hitting you on the counter GOSBTS

For personal reasons I'm delighted to have secured this promotion. Halfway through the competition my life was turned upside down and I could have given up on this, but I stuck with it with the sole purpose of trying to win promotion. Job done.

HL 2019/20 Charity Shield & Div One Play-off Finals Deadline Sunday 16.00 on 02:20 - Jul 27 with 407 viewsTheHappyGooner

HL 2019/20 Charity Shield & Div One Play-off Finals Deadline Sunday 16.00 on 21:46 - Jul 26 by Daniel

Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes!

Tactic worked, but there was only the odd goal or so in it being swayed by a 3-pointer. Sorry for hitting you on the counter GOSBTS

For personal reasons I'm delighted to have secured this promotion. Halfway through the competition my life was turned upside down and I could have given up on this, but I stuck with it with the sole purpose of trying to win promotion. Job done.

Brilliant Dan

I’m very happy for you !

Bless you mate x
[Post edited 27 Jul 2020 2:21]

HL 2019/20 Charity Shield & Div One Play-off Finals Deadline Sunday 16.00 on 02:22 - Jul 27 with 403 viewsTheHappyGooner

HL 2019/20 Charity Shield & Div One Play-off Finals Deadline Sunday 16.00 on 18:31 - Jul 26 by gerry_us

Beaten by the master. Well done on a remarkable double Noah.
A couple of 1-1 draws as I suggested, just not the ones I predicted.
Just wait until next season.....
[Post edited 26 Jul 2020 18:36]

Oh dear the run continues ...

Well
Done Noah !

In the top 4 of all
Time now ...

Huge surge in the last 3 years
[Post edited 27 Jul 2020 2:23]

HL 2019/20 Charity Shield & Div One Play-off Finals Deadline Sunday 16.00 on 16:56 - Jul 27 with 376 viewsnoah4x4

I had forgotten all about this with cricket now occupying my mind.

Bad luck Gerry.

Yes, I have had a good run in last three years Mr Happy, but when I won Division One (twice) I think I outscored the Premier Division winner, but got far fewer points in reward.

Maybe I should retire whilst at the top? Might enter my cardboard cut-out next year. Lots to ponder in the next few weeks. No time to recuperate.
HL 2019/20 Charity Shield & Div One Play-off Finals Deadline Sunday 16.00 on 22:09 - Jul 27 with 363 viewsTheHappyGooner

HL 2019/20 Charity Shield & Div One Play-off Finals Deadline Sunday 16.00 on 16:56 - Jul 27 by noah4x4

I had forgotten all about this with cricket now occupying my mind.

Bad luck Gerry.

Yes, I have had a good run in last three years Mr Happy, but when I won Division One (twice) I think I outscored the Premier Division winner, but got far fewer points in reward.

Maybe I should retire whilst at the top? Might enter my cardboard cut-out next year. Lots to ponder in the next few weeks. No time to recuperate.

Pull the other one ...

😁

HL 2019/20 Charity Shield & Div One Play-off Finals Deadline Sunday 16.00 on 18:06 - Aug 24 with 307 viewsTheHappyGooner

HL 2019/20 Charity Shield & Div One Play-off Finals Deadline Sunday 16.00 on 22:09 - Jul 27 by TheHappyGooner

Pull the other one ...

😁

Bump

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024