Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Covid -19 test 09:24 - Aug 6 with 5290 viewsrochdaleriddler

I went yesterday to the pop up drive in site in Littleborough. Massive Queues despite having to book, but all went smoothly and was done in 50 minutes. Results back at 6.00 this morning . Negative.
Not a pleasant experience, but I think everyone that can, should get a test

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Covid -19 test on 09:36 - Aug 6 with 3485 viewsNigeriamark

I went to the Rochdale one on Sunday . Just turned up without an appointment at lunchtime, was in for my test within 60 seconds as there was no queue at all. Results just over 24 hours later, also negative. Perhaps they have more staff on than Littleborough?
Covid -19 test on 09:54 - Aug 6 with 3456 viewsrochdaleriddler

Covid -19 test on 09:36 - Aug 6 by Nigeriamark

I went to the Rochdale one on Sunday . Just turned up without an appointment at lunchtime, was in for my test within 60 seconds as there was no queue at all. Results just over 24 hours later, also negative. Perhaps they have more staff on than Littleborough?

Bout 10 staff on, the problem was the traffic had to queue on calderbrook rd, causing traffic issues

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Covid -19 test on 10:02 - Aug 6 with 3434 viewsisitme

Did you have any symptons Riddler, or did you just have a test for reassurance? I'm glad it came back negative.

Some not so light reading.

https://www.cebm.net/covid-19/are-you-infectious-if-you-have-a-positive-pcr-test

I see they are likely to look at PHE reporting of Covid deaths, so that people can actually recover from Covid.

Covid -19 test on 10:40 - Aug 6 with 3368 viewsrochdaleriddler

Covid -19 test on 10:02 - Aug 6 by isitme

Did you have any symptons Riddler, or did you just have a test for reassurance? I'm glad it came back negative.

Some not so light reading.

https://www.cebm.net/covid-19/are-you-infectious-if-you-have-a-positive-pcr-test

I see they are likely to look at PHE reporting of Covid deaths, so that people can actually recover from Covid.

I went just to be sure I wasn’t asymptomatic and spreading it tbh. The more that get tested, the better the idea of spread I guess

Covid -19 test on 10:56 - Aug 6 with 3323 viewsupthedale

I wouldn't have thought it was accurate enough to randomly get tested, without symptoms? Even if someone has covid it can be wrong, I'm sure I've read up to 30% of the time.
Covid -19 test on 11:00 - Aug 6 with 3311 viewsisitme

Covid -19 test on 10:40 - Aug 6 by rochdaleriddler

I went just to be sure I wasn’t asymptomatic and spreading it tbh. The more that get tested, the better the idea of spread I guess

Thanks. I suppose it reduces the percentage of positive test in the area which is a good thing!
Covid -19 test on 11:08 - Aug 6 with 3275 viewsnordenblue

Covid -19 test on 10:56 - Aug 6 by upthedale

I wouldn't have thought it was accurate enough to randomly get tested, without symptoms? Even if someone has covid it can be wrong, I'm sure I've read up to 30% of the time.

I'm sure i heard that a "positive" test is exactly that,but the "negative" result isn't as certain, similar to how a pregnancy test works by all accounts
Covid -19 test on 11:13 - Aug 6 with 3267 viewsisitme

Covid -19 test on 11:08 - Aug 6 by nordenblue

I'm sure i heard that a "positive" test is exactly that,but the "negative" result isn't as certain, similar to how a pregnancy test works by all accounts

You can definitely get false positives.

https://www.theweek.co.uk/107637/coronavirus-are-false-positive-tests-skewing-in
Login to get fewer ads

Covid -19 test on 11:17 - Aug 6 with 3252 viewsrochdaleriddler

Covid -19 test on 11:00 - Aug 6 by isitme

Thanks. I suppose it reduces the percentage of positive test in the area which is a good thing!

Definately

Covid -19 test on 11:18 - Aug 6 with 3246 viewstony_roch975

have had 2 'home kit' tests - for national survey & before visiting new grandson (both -ve) - ordered online, kit arrived next day, took test & courier collection or posted back & results within 2 days. As Riddler says, not pleasant but eased my kids anxiety about their new baby who has immunity weakness.

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

Covid -19 test on 11:19 - Aug 6 with 3241 viewsrochdaleriddler

Covid -19 test on 10:56 - Aug 6 by upthedale

Maybe not , but all Rochdale residents are encouraged to get one, might give a slightly clearer picture of infection rates

Covid -19 test on 11:37 - Aug 6 with 3197 viewsforeverhopefulDale

The difference between a false positive and a false negative test though, is a false negative can be dangerous, and be a threat to public health. The worst that can happen with a false positive is someone doesn’t go out and catch the disease for real.

Will try to find the source but I believe there are more false negatives than positives .

Poll: Will you be signing up to Direct Debit for Goldbond?

Covid -19 test on 11:44 - Aug 6 with 3169 views1mark1

Covid -19 test on 11:37 - Aug 6 by foreverhopefulDale

The difference between a false positive and a false negative test though, is a false negative can be dangerous, and be a threat to public health. The worst that can happen with a false positive is someone doesn’t go out and catch the disease for real.

Will try to find the source but I believe there are more false negatives than positives .

I agree.
Also the test only tells you if you arè testing positive or negative at a particular time. If you are tested to be free from the disease on Monday, by Weds you might have it. We need to still be safely distant from others.

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

Covid -19 test on 12:10 - Aug 6 with 3106 viewsupthedale

Covid -19 test on 11:19 - Aug 6 by rochdaleriddler

Maybe not , but all Rochdale residents are encouraged to get one, might give a slightly clearer picture of infection rates

Ah okay interesting thanks, I haven't seen anything about that. Have the council said that?

I just wouldn't bother getting tested unless I had symptoms for the same reasons that others have then said; the accuracy and you might be negative on a Monday but could get covid on the Tuesday. I'll definitely consider it if we're being encouraged though.

On a similar topic, does anyone know how the reporting works, it cropped up in a convo over the weekend because some friends are in Rossendale and wondering why they should be included in the local lockdown when their rates were relatively low (I haven't checked them). I speculated whether any Rossendale residents being tested in Rochdale (and getting a positive result) came under Rochdale's figures?

Also if I got tested near to my workplace for convenience (obviously I couldn't be at work with symptoms though), would I come under that council's figures - rather than Rochdale?

Don't know whether anyone on here knows?
Covid -19 test on 12:20 - Aug 6 with 3085 viewsforeverhopefulDale

Covid -19 test on 12:10 - Aug 6 by upthedale

Ah okay interesting thanks, I haven't seen anything about that. Have the council said that?

I just wouldn't bother getting tested unless I had symptoms for the same reasons that others have then said; the accuracy and you might be negative on a Monday but could get covid on the Tuesday. I'll definitely consider it if we're being encouraged though.

On a similar topic, does anyone know how the reporting works, it cropped up in a convo over the weekend because some friends are in Rossendale and wondering why they should be included in the local lockdown when their rates were relatively low (I haven't checked them). I speculated whether any Rossendale residents being tested in Rochdale (and getting a positive result) came under Rochdale's figures?

Also if I got tested near to my workplace for convenience (obviously I couldn't be at work with symptoms though), would I come under that council's figures - rather than Rochdale?

Don't know whether anyone on here knows?

I believe it goes off your home address.

Poll: Will you be signing up to Direct Debit for Goldbond?

Covid -19 test on 13:25 - Aug 6 with 3017 viewstony_roch975

Covid -19 test on 11:44 - Aug 6 by 1mark1

I agree.
Also the test only tells you if you arè testing positive or negative at a particular time. If you are tested to be free from the disease on Monday, by Weds you might have it. We need to still be safely distant from others.

true, that's why I quarantined after tests. Also need to safely distance from surfaces - wear gloves, sanitise/quarantine items brought into home etc.

Covid -19 test on 17:08 - Aug 6 with 2891 viewsReedy

Now I’m back to work I’ve decided to take a test once every month. Mainly because I see hundreds of people every month and may not know I’m carrying the virus, but also due to the geographical area I cover, I could spread it to hundreds of people without knowing it. I take every precaution possible and everywhere I go, everyone is very good, but it’s just that extra piece of mind for me and the people I meet.

It’s certainly helped since we’ve had extra measures put in place, to say to someone “I’ve been tested and I’m negative!” I understand that I could have a test on the Monday and get the virus on Tuesday.

I’ve had two tests, and taken my partner for two tests, and each time was superbly run (either by the military or civilians) and after all the tests we had the results back in 24 hours.
[Post edited 6 Aug 2020 17:08]

Blog: The FA Cup

Covid -19 test on 17:20 - Aug 6 with 2873 viewsJames1980

Covid -19 test on 17:08 - Aug 6 by Reedy

Now I’m back to work I’ve decided to take a test once every month. Mainly because I see hundreds of people every month and may not know I’m carrying the virus, but also due to the geographical area I cover, I could spread it to hundreds of people without knowing it. I take every precaution possible and everywhere I go, everyone is very good, but it’s just that extra piece of mind for me and the people I meet.

It’s certainly helped since we’ve had extra measures put in place, to say to someone “I’ve been tested and I’m negative!” I understand that I could have a test on the Monday and get the virus on Tuesday.

I’ve had two tests, and taken my partner for two tests, and each time was superbly run (either by the military or civilians) and after all the tests we had the results back in 24 hours.
[Post edited 6 Aug 2020 17:08]

There should be routine asymptomatic testing of people who work with the public and or live are in regular contact with a person of elevated risk.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Covid -19 test on 17:44 - Aug 6 with 2837 viewsjonahwhereru

Covid -19 test on 11:37 - Aug 6 by foreverhopefulDale

Not sure about that one. When my old asthmatic dad got a false positive test when he was due to have a small op it kept him awake with worry for a few nights. Said he felt like a dead man walking until no symptoms showed.

All’s well that ends well in this case, mind.
Covid -19 test on 09:38 - Aug 11 with 2392 viewstony_roch975

Council door to door delivery yesterday in Spotland area of masks and invite to test (whether or not symptomatic)

Covid -19 test on 11:05 - Aug 11 with 2256 viewsisitme

Covid -19 test on 09:38 - Aug 11 by tony_roch975

Council door to door delivery yesterday in Spotland area of masks and invite to test (whether or not symptomatic)

And then there is a big panic when more, often asymptomatic cases are found! Remember you can test positive up to 12 weeks after contacting the virus but are only contagious for the first two weeks.

How strong was the 'invite'? Was it a raising awareness of testing facilities or an 'encouragement' to have a test?
Covid -19 test on 12:18 - Aug 11 with 2166 viewstony_roch975

Covid -19 test on 11:05 - Aug 11 by isitme

And then there is a big panic when more, often asymptomatic cases are found! Remember you can test positive up to 12 weeks after contacting the virus but are only contagious for the first two weeks.

How strong was the 'invite'? Was it a raising awareness of testing facilities or an 'encouragement' to have a test?

"Rochdale Borough Council invite you to a FREE COVID 19 TEST (without you having symptoms)"
On note & repeated verbally by deliverer

Covid -19 test on 12:28 - Aug 11 with 2148 viewsD_Alien

Is this happening anywhere else, either in the UK or in the borough of Rochdale? A cynic might say the council were trying to maintain a rate of infection above the national average, possibly as a means to justify not re-opening schools and/or shutting down pubs. Or sports events...

Or, of course, they might just be concerned for the welfare of the good citizens of Spotland (but not those of Norden & Bamford, for instance)

[Post edited 11 Aug 2020 12:33]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Covid -19 test on 12:28 - Aug 11 with 2146 viewsJames1980

Who did say, test test test

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Covid -19 test on 12:43 - Aug 11 with 2110 viewsisitme

Covid -19 test on 12:28 - Aug 11 by D_Alien

Is this happening anywhere else, either in the UK or in the borough of Rochdale? A cynic might say the council were trying to maintain a rate of infection above the national average, possibly as a means to justify not re-opening schools and/or shutting down pubs. Or sports events...

Or, of course, they might just be concerned for the welfare of the good citizens of Spotland (but not those of Norden & Bamford, for instance)

[Post edited 11 Aug 2020 12:33]

I had heard that in areas such as Wardleworth where infection rates were higher they were pretty much knocking on doors and 'encouraging' people without symptoms to get tested. I am not sure how true this was, but the opening of two temporary test site this weekend in high risk areas probably backs it up.

That's why I asked Tony how strong the advice to get tested was. Was it awareness or was it go and get tested?

In many areas of the country where there are more cases there has been this approach. I've heard about it happening in Leicester and bizzarely in five streets in Toxteth.

The issue I have is that this intensive testing is almost a self fulfilling prophecy. Cases are higher, do loads more targeted testing, find more asymptomatic cases, get looked down, do not sit in your parents' garden!

For me the fact that hospitalisations and deaths are both falling is more telling, especially when the threshold for hospitalisation is lower than at the peak. Also remember that Covid with/off deaths accounted for only 2.24% of all deaths the last week reported by ONS. Total deaths have been below the five yearly average for the past six weeks.
[Post edited 11 Aug 2020 13:05]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024