Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New Kit - Revealed Friday, on sale Saturday 13:31 - Aug 10 with 4293 viewsChaffRAFC

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2019/september/retrokitvote/

Retro kit was the away kit when voting but the new article suggests the retro kit will be the third kit? Why would this be?

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2020/august/kit-launch--confirmed_2020-21/

This post has been edited by an administrator

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

New Kit - Revealed Friday, on sale Saturday on 13:35 - Aug 10 with 4265 viewsisitme

Potential money making opportunity?
New Kit - Revealed Friday, on sale Saturday on 13:40 - Aug 10 with 4230 viewsChaffRAFC

New Kit - Revealed Friday, on sale Saturday on 13:35 - Aug 10 by isitme

Potential money making opportunity?

They could do that by releasing a third shirt anyway though, why is the retro shirt now not the away shirt?

This post has been edited by an administrator

New Kit - Revealed Friday, on sale Saturday on 13:41 - Aug 10 with 4225 views442Dale

The third kit should be the club’s choice, not the away kit as fans specifically voted for an away kit and thought and effort went into producing the kits to be voted on.

Chaff asks a valid question, why is the retro kit now the third kit? Presumably the club will explain, via the Trust if required.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

New Kit - Revealed Friday, on sale Saturday on 14:47 - Aug 10 with 4118 viewsboromat

The only thing I can think is if the chosen retro kit will clash so much during the season that it will get used less than the other alternative kit and hence it's been named as the third choice. Or they've fooked up. 😂

Poll: What are we more excited for?

New Kit - Revealed Friday, on sale Saturday on 15:03 - Aug 10 with 4073 viewsfitzochris

Not sure the reason for the switch at all. Hopefully there will be a reasonable explanation because the initiative in itself is a good one. For example, I haven't bought a Dale shirt for three years now - having bought one every season prior - due to finding them uninspiring. However, if the right retro kit wins, I'll certainly be buying it.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

New Kit - Revealed Friday, on sale Saturday on 17:42 - Aug 10 with 3853 views442Dale

New Kit - Revealed Friday, on sale Saturday on 14:47 - Aug 10 by boromat

The only thing I can think is if the chosen retro kit will clash so much during the season that it will get used less than the other alternative kit and hence it's been named as the third choice. Or they've fooked up. 😂

And if there were clashes (potentially Plymouth if green wins and home kit is blues black stripes- though we’ve worn in there before), they could say that’s what the third kit is for. Not making a shirt fans were told was an away shirt is now a third kit.

New Kit - Revealed Friday, on sale Saturday on 18:28 - Aug 10 with 3767 viewsBartRowou

The away kit is probably pink and the players probably prefer it.

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

New Kit - Revealed Friday, on sale Saturday on 18:30 - Aug 10 with 3762 viewsboromat

New Kit - Revealed Friday, on sale Saturday on 18:28 - Aug 10 by BartRowou

The away kit is probably pink and the players probably prefer it.

How many people will read your post and explode with rage

Login to get fewer ads

New Kit - Revealed Friday, on sale Saturday on 18:42 - Aug 10 with 3737 views442Dale

New Kit - Revealed Friday, on sale Saturday on 18:30 - Aug 10 by boromat

How many people will read your post and explode with rage

They won’t, because we know it’s been trotted out before and actually happened.

Everyone knows the club have thrown away thousands over the last decade or so by not thinking things through. But until that’s accepted we’ll have a hit and miss approach where there are good choices and baffling ones which are all the result of not having a consistent plan laid out over the years.

New Kit - Revealed Friday, on sale Saturday on 19:36 - Aug 10 with 3671 viewsNigeriamark

New Kit - Revealed Friday, on sale Saturday on 15:03 - Aug 10 by fitzochris

Not sure the reason for the switch at all. Hopefully there will be a reasonable explanation because the initiative in itself is a good one. For example, I haven't bought a Dale shirt for three years now - having bought one every season prior - due to finding them uninspiring. However, if the right retro kit wins, I'll certainly be buying it.

Same here. Three I like & would probably buy one ( Kit A in particular) & three I won't

I would have thought the away kit and 3rd kit are reasonably interchangeable so does it really matter ? Won't people buy the one they like the look of anyway irrespective of it being home, away or 3rd?
New Kit - Revealed Friday, on sale Saturday on 21:51 - Aug 10 with 3559 viewsTVOS1907

New Kit - Revealed Friday, on sale Saturday on 19:36 - Aug 10 by Nigeriamark

Same here. Three I like & would probably buy one ( Kit A in particular) & three I won't

I would have thought the away kit and 3rd kit are reasonably interchangeable so does it really matter ? Won't people buy the one they like the look of anyway irrespective of it being home, away or 3rd?

It might matter to people who put a lot of their own time and effort into coming up with the designs and text to accompany them.

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

New Kit - Revealed Friday, on sale Saturday on 22:57 - Aug 10 with 3482 viewsfunkkk

Heard the watering can is coming back so we've had to make it the third kit.
New Kit - Revealed Friday, on sale Saturday on 09:15 - Aug 11 with 3303 viewsdingdangblue

New Kit - Revealed Friday, on sale Saturday on 22:57 - Aug 10 by funkkk

Heard the watering can is coming back so we've had to make it the third kit.

Can't they just make it an Oil can ?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

New Kit - Revealed Friday, on sale Saturday on 09:18 - Aug 12 with 2971 viewsGina

Black and blue stripes with some dashes at the top on shoulders , almost identical to ladt year.
That's my bet
New Kit - Revealed Friday, on sale Saturday on 10:44 - Aug 12 with 2877 viewsCedar_Room

apparently the retro kit is going to be the green one with black stripes (good choice IMO I always liked the original one of this)
the away kit is going to be yellow and green, not stripes.
don't know any more than that re the design - green in the away and third kit seems odd but lets wait and see.
New Kit - Revealed Friday, on sale Saturday on 12:57 - Aug 12 with 2758 viewsboromat

Everyone excited for the announcement?

New Kit - Revealed Friday, on sale Saturday on 13:01 - Aug 12 with 2743 viewsD_Alien

New Kit - Revealed Friday, on sale Saturday on 12:57 - Aug 12 by boromat

No

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

New Kit - Revealed Friday, on sale Saturday on 13:06 - Aug 12 with 2728 viewsChaffRAFC

The chairman's statement killed any excitement.

New Kit - Revealed Friday, on sale Saturday on 13:12 - Aug 12 with 2706 viewsTVOS1907

Ooh, I could crush a grape!

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

New Kit - Revealed Friday, on sale Saturday on 14:42 - Aug 12 with 2611 viewsboromat

The whole fanbase been sapped of any little optimism we had.

New Kit - Revealed Friday, on sale Saturday on 15:34 - Aug 12 with 2540 viewsD_Alien

New Kit - Revealed Friday, on sale Saturday on 14:42 - Aug 12 by boromat

The whole fanbase been sapped of any little optimism we had.

Not really, it's just that i find it hard to get excited about kits, and all the financial manipulation that goes on around them

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

New Kit - Revealed Friday, on sale Saturday on 17:04 - Aug 12 with 2434 views442Dale

New Kit - Revealed Friday, on sale Saturday on 15:34 - Aug 12 by D_Alien

Not really, it's just that i find it hard to get excited about kits, and all the financial manipulation that goes on around them

The financial thing isn’t my issue, more that kits in general is such a tedious subject.

Never understood the fascination in them.

New Kit - Revealed Friday, on sale Saturday on 18:43 - Aug 12 with 2333 viewsboromat

I quite like a retro kit so I'm looking forward to see what they've managed to come up with. But I'm by no means a kit snob 😂. Hoping I like one of them as I'd like to buy one this year just to send a bit more money the clubs way if nothing else. Obviously this season if you buy a season ticket, win a raffle to attend the game, have your own shirt and bring your boots you might get a game!!!

New Kit - Revealed Friday, on sale Saturday on 22:17 - Aug 12 with 2191 viewsDaleiLama

New Kit - Revealed Friday, on sale Saturday on 17:04 - Aug 12 by 442Dale

The financial thing isn’t my issue, more that kits in general is such a tedious subject.

Never understood the fascination in them.

Careful you don't swallow that tongue firmly in your cheek. Nasty business that.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024