Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Super U's to prevail at Brunton Park against the Cumbrians 23:10 - Oct 16 with 1179 viewsdurham_exile

Another trip to Cumbria and another game where the U’s faithful cannot watch their heroes in action. Of particular regret to me as at only 55 miles it is one of my closest Away grounds and one where I have seen some famous victories (and a couple of shocking defeats!).

It was only March 7th this year when we won 3-0 at Brunton Park to secure a play-off spot.

Carlisle under Chris Beech have improved considerably and have moved up to 8th in the table on 9 points. The table remains tight:

Morecambe 5 12
Cambridge 5 10
Newport 5 10
Salford 5 9
Cheltenham 5 9
FGR 5 9
Walsall 5 9
Carlisle 5 9
Harrogate 5 8
Exeter 5 8
COL U 5 7

One look suggests that whilst we are unbeaten, the failure to turn draws into wins has seen us slip down the table and three points at Carlisle is now a priority.

Now the lack of player updates from the JSCS would make MI5 envious and not even the Cambridge traitors (Blunt, Burgess, Cairncross, MacLean and Philby) would be able to prise the information out of Colchester and so I have had to make my own assessments of just who is likely to travel and who is likely to play. Is the Colchester team a matter of National Security? Certainly not therefore I fail to understand the dearth of information ahead of the game.

First, I would like to see SB be bold in his selection. Given that Luke Gambin is unlikely to play after Malta’s heroics and I am unsure whether Harry Pell is fit to play, likewise Welch-Hayes, therefore if SB can be positive then the following side would secure the points at Brunton Park.

Gerken

Scarlett Eastman Smith Bramall

Chilvers Stevenson Poku

Bohui Norris Brown

Subs:
George Sowunmi Cowan-Hall Marshall-Miranda Senior Harriott

Reasoning: the defence largely picks itself. Either Scarlett or Welch-Hayes can play at Right Back and the other three are undroppable.

Midfield Noah Chilvers has shown that he is perfectly at home in the centre of the park, Ben Stevenson is playing superbly well, and Kwame Poku likes playing at Brunton Park.
Although he only has a cameo role last week Josh Bohui looked very fit, skilful and was not afraid to track back and challenge in the left back position. Jevani Brown is a must start and after three weeks starting from the bench Chuck Norris should be given a large T-bone steak and thrown in as the Number 9.

That would be an exciting and flexible team. Courtney Senior could have no complaints about a bench place and similarly Callum Harriott gives his best contribution when given 20 minutes from time.

The one player who must also be looking for a start is Paris Cowan-Hall who seems to be fit and well and looks sharp when he comes on as a sub near the end of the game.

The team will be delighted to see that the forecast for Carlisle is 12 degrees Celsius with cloud and only a 20% chance of precipitation. The faithful will be aware that in the past few seasons we have endured, snow, strong winds, rain and sometimes all three in the same game!

Those watching on iFollow are all doing their bit for the club financially. I reckon I must wear my new Away shirt tomorrow to improve the atmosphere!

This week will see the Parliamentary debate on the possibility of returning supporters to the stadia. The current lockdowns are colouring judgements on this thorny issue, but it is a fact that League One and Two clubs are suffering grievously from a financial viewpoint at present.

We should be positive and take the game to the Cumbrians. It will be a tough game but there is no reason why we cannot extend our unbeaten run and secure all three points in a 2-0 win.

Enjoy the game.

Up the U’s

Durham_exile

Super U's to prevail at Brunton Park against the Cumbrians on 14:15 - Oct 17 with 654 viewsdurham_exile

Starting XI

Gerken

Scarlett Eastman Smith Bramall

Pell Chilvers Poku

Harriott Norris Brown

Subs
George Welch-Hayes Sowunmi senior Gambin Marshall Miranda
Bohui

No Stevenson

Very pleased with the team just wish SB had been slightly braver and started Bohui still two strikers is a start

Up the U's
[Post edited 17 Oct 2020 14:19]

Durham_exile

Super U's to prevail at Brunton Park against the Cumbrians on 14:39 - Oct 17 with 642 viewsnoah4x4

Pleased with team selection. Been saying for months don’t put Poku and Senior in the same side. Hopefully Scarlett repeats last weeks performance rather than his earlier excursions. Ready in front of TV with I-Follow running. Now the difficult decision. Shall I listen to the Away or Home commentary?
Super U's to prevail at Brunton Park against the Cumbrians on 14:48 - Oct 17 with 637 viewswessex_exile

Yep, good looking line-up, and great preview as ever Durham!

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Super U's to prevail at Brunton Park against the Cumbrians on 14:59 - Oct 17 with 630 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to prevail at Brunton Park against the Cumbrians on 14:48 - Oct 17 by wessex_exile

Yep, good looking line-up, and great preview as ever Durham!

Up the U's

Enjoy the game, listening to the Essex commentary.

I didn't see Reynard the Fox on the pitch today
[Post edited 17 Oct 2020 15:02]

Durham_exile

Super U's to prevail at Brunton Park against the Cumbrians on 15:06 - Oct 17 with 623 viewswessex_exile

Well, that's a shocker :-(

Up the U's

Super U's to prevail at Brunton Park against the Cumbrians on 15:07 - Oct 17 with 621 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to prevail at Brunton Park against the Cumbrians on 14:59 - Oct 17 by durham_exile

Up the U's

Enjoy the game, listening to the Essex commentary.

I didn't see Reynard the Fox on the pitch today
[Post edited 17 Oct 2020 15:02]

One of the softest goals you will ever see

Durham_exile

Super U's to prevail at Brunton Park against the Cumbrians on 15:19 - Oct 17 with 611 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to prevail at Brunton Park against the Cumbrians on 15:07 - Oct 17 by durham_exile

One of the softest goals you will ever see

We must get this sorted out too many passes going s
astray and too little possession in the opponent's area

Durham_exile

Super U's to prevail at Brunton Park against the Cumbrians on 15:19 - Oct 17 with 611 viewsnoah4x4

Will Carlisle burn out at this pace? I fancy we will win this if we don't concede again.
Login to get fewer ads

Super U's to prevail at Brunton Park against the Cumbrians on 15:20 - Oct 17 with 608 viewsthrillseeker

Any news why Stevenson is not playing?
Super U's to prevail at Brunton Park against the Cumbrians on 15:28 - Oct 17 with 606 viewsnoah4x4

Super U's to prevail at Brunton Park against the Cumbrians on 15:20 - Oct 17 by thrillseeker

Any news why Stevenson is not playing?

Injury
Super U's to prevail at Brunton Park against the Cumbrians on 15:30 - Oct 17 with 599 viewswessex_exile

2-0 to the Cumbrians, and we're just not at the races at all at the moment.

Up the U's

Super U's to prevail at Brunton Park against the Cumbrians on 15:31 - Oct 17 with 596 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to prevail at Brunton Park against the Cumbrians on 15:30 - Oct 17 by wessex_exile

2-0 to the Cumbrians, and we're just not at the races at all at the moment.

An absolute disaster

Pell not fit no possession and insufficient forward play

Durham_exile

Super U's to prevail at Brunton Park against the Cumbrians on 15:33 - Oct 17 with 593 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to prevail at Brunton Park against the Cumbrians on 15:31 - Oct 17 by durham_exile

An absolute disaster

I wanted Bohui to play instead of Harriott who has done nothing

Durham_exile

Super U's to prevail at Brunton Park against the Cumbrians on 15:36 - Oct 17 with 591 viewsMoor_Pinot

Super U's to prevail at Brunton Park against the Cumbrians on 15:31 - Oct 17 by durham_exile

An absolute disaster

We have another novice manager don't forget, so there is no surprise in seeing the same errors and same lack of game awareness and preparation.
Carlisle want to play. We want to pfaff and try to be PL players. Same old problem. LG 2 here we stay at best unless he/we learn fast. One win in eight so far looking like one in nine.
Here's hoping.

Moor Pinot

Super U's to prevail at Brunton Park against the Cumbrians on 15:43 - Oct 17 with 583 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to prevail at Brunton Park against the Cumbrians on 15:36 - Oct 17 by Moor_Pinot

We have another novice manager don't forget, so there is no surprise in seeing the same errors and same lack of game awareness and preparation.
Carlisle want to play. We want to pfaff and try to be PL players. Same old problem. LG 2 here we stay at best unless he/we learn fast. One win in eight so far looking like one in nine.
Here's hoping.

Frankly we have been woeful and the worst half of football this season.

Durham_exile

Super U's to prevail at Brunton Park against the Cumbrians on 15:45 - Oct 17 with 582 viewsnoah4x4

Back in it 2-1
Super U's to prevail at Brunton Park against the Cumbrians on 15:45 - Oct 17 with 582 viewswessex_exile

Finally after 40 minutes we start playing - 2-1 with a goal for Chuck!

Up the U's

Super U's to prevail at Brunton Park against the Cumbrians on 15:46 - Oct 17 with 578 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to prevail at Brunton Park against the Cumbrians on 15:45 - Oct 17 by wessex_exile

Finally after 40 minutes we start playing - 2-1 with a goal for Chuck!

Vital goal

Well done Chuck

Durham_exile

Super U's to prevail at Brunton Park against the Cumbrians on 15:49 - Oct 17 with 576 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to prevail at Brunton Park against the Cumbrians on 15:46 - Oct 17 by durham_exile

Vital goal

Well done Chuck

Playing Norris tick in the box but why had Brown been withdrawn to the half way line
Surely the idea was to play him just behind Chuck

Big second half to come

Durham_exile

Super U's to prevail at Brunton Park against the Cumbrians on 15:51 - Oct 17 with 569 viewsnoah4x4

Poor first half. But can we do a Walsall or Oldham?

The Cumbrians must be tiring. I hope....
Super U's to prevail at Brunton Park against the Cumbrians on 15:55 - Oct 17 with 563 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to prevail at Brunton Park against the Cumbrians on 15:51 - Oct 17 by noah4x4

Poor first half. But can we do a Walsall or Oldham?

The Cumbrians must be tiring. I hope....

Stats

Possession Carlisle 43 Col u 57
Shots 4 - 3
On Target 2 - 3

Come on the U's

Durham_exile

Super U's to prevail at Brunton Park against the Cumbrians on 15:55 - Oct 17 with 562 viewsGOSBTS

What was Nozza's goal like? Very pleased for him!
Super U's to prevail at Brunton Park against the Cumbrians on 15:56 - Oct 17 with 562 viewsnoah4x4

Can blame me and Wessex.

We both predicted 2-1 so why are we surprised?
Super U's to prevail at Brunton Park against the Cumbrians on 15:59 - Oct 17 with 555 viewsDaniel

Super U's to prevail at Brunton Park against the Cumbrians on 15:55 - Oct 17 by GOSBTS

Poachers goal. Headed it (I think) over the line from about 1 yard out.
Super U's to prevail at Brunton Park against the Cumbrians on 16:00 - Oct 17 with 554 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to prevail at Brunton Park against the Cumbrians on 15:55 - Oct 17 by GOSBTS

Typical poachers goal bundled in from close range but he deserved it.

It has brought us back into a game that for the first 42 minutes we were thoroughly outplayed.

Strange thing is we can win this but an early equaliser required.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024