Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
There's only one CUFC and they hail from North Essex! 18:01 - Dec 15 with 1073 viewsdurham_exile

SB takes his charges the short distance to the Abbey Stadium this evening to do battle against Cambridge led by Mark Bonner. This will be our 5th game in 14 days and identifies the tough schedule that the U’s have been given with a third Away game in a row.

After the Exeter debacle results have been improving and the win at Scunny was then backed up with a good point at Port Vale on Saturday.

SB has talked about using the squad and that is the right thing to do but he must also be prepared to freshen up the strike force. Bonner said that he set up wrong at FGR on Saturday and they lost 2-0. Cambridge played 4,4,1,1 and you can guarantee that they will not want to lose to Colchester this evening.

I went to the Away game at Cambridge last season and at 1-0 we were looking strong but then two moments of madness gifted a win to Cambridge. This was disappointing especially after they won at the JSCS earlier in the season .

Tonight, gives Jevani Brown the opportunity to add to his goals tally against his old team.

Table

Newport 17 36 GD 12
Cheltenham 17 33 GD 13
Carlisle 17 32 GD 10
FGR 17 32 GD 9
Exeter 17 30 GD 15
COL U 17 28 GD 2
Orient 17 27 GD 6
Salford 16 26 GD 10
Cambridge 16 25 GD 12
Morecambe 17 25 GD-7

Cambridge started the season like a bullet train but more recently they have been derailed by some wayward results. Forget about the past tonight is a grudge match and a derby to boot. We owe them after last season.

Our next fixtures are Morecambe H, Southend A, Cheltenham H and Tranmere H therefore points tonight are important as are goals. That 6-1 defeat at Exeter cost us dearly with GD but the U’s showed at the weekend that they are prepared to battle and put-up sterner resistance.

Team tonight

Gerken

Welch-Hayes Eastman Smith Bramall

Stevenson Chilvers

Poku Brown Harriott

Norris

Subs:
George Sowunmi Clampin Senior Gambin Folivi Lapslie

I would prefer to see Folivi and Brown start up front, but Chuck has shown great determination recently and his fitness is improving. I think a better cut of red meat is being fed to him before the games.

Weather is set to be dry and 8 degrees at the Abbey Stadium this evening.

Scoreline — I reckon Colchester to shade it 3-2 in a tight and pulsating affair with Jevani scoring the winner.

Enjoy the game.

Up the U’s

Durham_exile

There's only one CUFC and they hail from North Essex! on 18:51 - Dec 15 with 657 viewsdurham_exile

Starting XI

Gerken

Welch-Hayes Eastman Smith Bramall

Stevenson Gambin

Senior Poku Harriott

Norris

Subs

Brown George Sowunmi Chilvers Clampin Tchamadeu Folivi

Two suprises

No Jevani Brown and No Noah Chilvers starting.

Hope that SB is not going too defensive from the outset because Cambridge are there for the taking tonight.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

There's only one CUFC and they hail from North Essex! on 19:07 - Dec 15 with 648 viewsgerry_us

I see he couldn't leave Senior out for long. Did his display off the bench ensue a return to the starting lineup?
There's only one CUFC and they hail from North Essex! on 19:25 - Dec 15 with 627 viewsnoah4x4

I think Chilvers deserves a rest in this punishing schedule. Shame Pell isn't fit, but Gambin is a decent option.

What worries me is the Harriott, Senior, Poku combination. It will either be genius or disaster. All too easily dispossessed putting us under pressure, and it will again be 4 2, 3, 1. Chuck is fine solo if he gets service. However, he probably won't. I favour a Norris and Brown or Norris and Folivi combination. Maybe three at the back. But what do I know.
There's only one CUFC and they hail from North Essex! on 19:28 - Dec 15 with 624 viewsnoah4x4

Breaking news. Southend sign Greg Halford
There's only one CUFC and they hail from North Essex! on 19:28 - Dec 15 with 624 viewsmfb_cufc

As noah has said in the past, it is not good with Senior, Poku and Harriot ln the same team. They are three players too much alike.

mfb

There's only one CUFC and they hail from North Essex! on 19:38 - Dec 15 with 613 viewswessex_exile

Slightly surprised at dropping Chilvers, but he probably does need a bit of a rest. I'll expect him to feature at some point though.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

There's only one CUFC and they hail from North Essex! on 19:57 - Dec 15 with 603 viewsdurham_exile

There's only one CUFC and they hail from North Essex! on 19:38 - Dec 15 by wessex_exile

Slightly surprised at dropping Chilvers, but he probably does need a bit of a rest. I'll expect him to feature at some point though.

Had that shot from Ainsley gone in it would have been the goal of the season

Durham_exile

There's only one CUFC and they hail from North Essex! on 19:57 - Dec 15 with 603 viewswessex_exile

Dreadful pitch by the way, ball is bobbling all over the place.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

Login to get fewer ads

There's only one CUFC and they hail from North Essex! on 20:00 - Dec 15 with 599 viewsdurham_exile

There's only one CUFC and they hail from North Essex! on 19:57 - Dec 15 by wessex_exile

Dreadful pitch by the way, ball is bobbling all over the place.

What is good is that Colchester are pushing two up and four in that last attack.

Looking good so far.

Up the U's

And the pitch is poor plenty of sand particularly left wing

Durham_exile

There's only one CUFC and they hail from North Essex! on 20:04 - Dec 15 with 595 viewsdurham_exile

There's only one CUFC and they hail from North Essex! on 20:00 - Dec 15 by durham_exile

What is good is that Colchester are pushing two up and four in that last attack.

Looking good so far.

Up the U's

And the pitch is poor plenty of sand particularly left wing

Senior booked he's got to watch himself

Durham_exile

There's only one CUFC and they hail from North Essex! on 20:09 - Dec 15 with 590 viewsgerry_us

There's only one CUFC and they hail from North Essex! on 20:04 - Dec 15 by durham_exile

Senior booked he's got to watch himself

Didn't know he had it in him to tackle someone and get booked. Get him off...
There's only one CUFC and they hail from North Essex! on 20:11 - Dec 15 with 585 viewsdurham_exile

There's only one CUFC and they hail from North Essex! on 20:09 - Dec 15 by gerry_us

Didn't know he had it in him to tackle someone and get booked. Get him off...

Chuck great turn and shot unlucky

Durham_exile

There's only one CUFC and they hail from North Essex! on 20:24 - Dec 15 with 574 viewsdurham_exile

There's only one CUFC and they hail from North Essex! on 20:11 - Dec 15 by durham_exile

Chuck great turn and shot unlucky

Poku a great run shades of Salford last season. That's what we want to see more of.

Durham_exile

There's only one CUFC and they hail from North Essex! on 20:33 - Dec 15 with 562 viewsdurham_exile

There's only one CUFC and they hail from North Essex! on 20:24 - Dec 15 by durham_exile

Poku a great run shades of Salford last season. That's what we want to see more of.

Great save from Gerken right on half time

Durham_exile

There's only one CUFC and they hail from North Essex! on 20:41 - Dec 15 with 553 viewsnoah4x4

Gerken has redeemed himself in the last three matches after a few previous blunders.

Usual story tonight, opposition only really dangerous when we give the ball away. Solve that and (tonight) we have match winners in Poku and Harriott.

I would now replace Norris and Senior with Brown and Folivi to add even more pace up front. Then we can hurt them. Senior on a yellow, recipe for disaster?
[Post edited 15 Dec 2020 20:44]
There's only one CUFC and they hail from North Essex! on 20:54 - Dec 15 with 537 viewsdurham_exile

There's only one CUFC and they hail from North Essex! on 20:41 - Dec 15 by noah4x4

Gerken has redeemed himself in the last three matches after a few previous blunders.

Usual story tonight, opposition only really dangerous when we give the ball away. Solve that and (tonight) we have match winners in Poku and Harriott.

I would now replace Norris and Senior with Brown and Folivi to add even more pace up front. Then we can hurt them. Senior on a yellow, recipe for disaster?
[Post edited 15 Dec 2020 20:44]

Shocking start to the second half
Now we are chasing the game.

Durham_exile

There's only one CUFC and they hail from North Essex! on 21:01 - Dec 15 with 530 viewsdurham_exile

There's only one CUFC and they hail from North Essex! on 20:54 - Dec 15 by durham_exile

Shocking start to the second half
Now we are chasing the game.

It must be senior to go off when Folivi comes on

Durham_exile

There's only one CUFC and they hail from North Essex! on 21:02 - Dec 15 with 528 viewsdurham_exile

There's only one CUFC and they hail from North Essex! on 21:01 - Dec 15 by durham_exile

It must be senior to go off when Folivi comes on

Norris off brown on
Senior off Chilvers on
Gambin off Folivi on

Come on

At last Brown and Folivi together
[Post edited 15 Dec 2020 21:04]

Durham_exile

There's only one CUFC and they hail from North Essex! on 21:03 - Dec 15 with 525 viewsnoah4x4

Sensible substitutions
There's only one CUFC and they hail from North Essex! on 21:10 - Dec 15 with 507 viewsdurham_exile

There's only one CUFC and they hail from North Essex! on 21:03 - Dec 15 by noah4x4

Sensible substitutions

Chasing the game concede a second.

SB is at fault for once again being reactive rather than proactive.

Penalty for the U's

2-1

Durham_exile

There's only one CUFC and they hail from North Essex! on 21:13 - Dec 15 with 504 viewsdurham_exile

There's only one CUFC and they hail from North Essex! on 21:10 - Dec 15 by durham_exile

Chasing the game concede a second.

SB is at fault for once again being reactive rather than proactive.

Penalty for the U's

2-1

Folivi looking strong confident lacy and purposeful

Durham_exile

There's only one CUFC and they hail from North Essex! on 21:14 - Dec 15 with 502 viewsdurham_exile

There's only one CUFC and they hail from North Essex! on 21:13 - Dec 15 by durham_exile

Folivi looking strong confident lacy and purposeful

My prediction was 3-2 to the U's
Still time

Swap right back for right back the youngster is on

Durham_exile

There's only one CUFC and they hail from North Essex! on 21:18 - Dec 15 with 498 viewsdurham_exile

There's only one CUFC and they hail from North Essex! on 21:14 - Dec 15 by durham_exile

My prediction was 3-2 to the U's
Still time

Swap right back for right back the youngster is on

Get a grip of the Cambridge time wasting

Durham_exile

There's only one CUFC and they hail from North Essex! on 21:20 - Dec 15 with 494 viewsdurham_exile

There's only one CUFC and they hail from North Essex! on 21:18 - Dec 15 by durham_exile

Get a grip of the Cambridge time wasting

Attendance 1,949

Durham_exile

There's only one CUFC and they hail from North Essex! on 21:26 - Dec 15 with 492 viewsdurham_exile

There's only one CUFC and they hail from North Essex! on 21:20 - Dec 15 by durham_exile

Attendance 1,949

Someone called Halford has scored for Southend

Durham_exile

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024