Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nice Macca Story 11:28 - Jan 25 with 2185 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Nice Macca Story on 12:10 - Jan 25 with 2121 viewsNoelmc

Great story.

Macca was a super guy. A player who makes you proud to be an 'R'.
Nice Macca Story on 13:37 - Jan 25 with 1988 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Great story.

Don't want to spoil the story but there's one line in there made me laugh.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Nice Macca Story on 13:56 - Jan 25 with 1948 viewsted_hendrix

Not much of a Macca storey but many years ago I was at a site meeting on one of our contracts in Reading.
Outside later on a NI scaffolder asked If I was 'that' QPR fan I said I was and he said he had Macca's NI signed shirt (unwashed) that he got Macca to sign after a game in NI, I said yep and we agreed a figure of £10 and he'd bring the shirt in the following day.
I had that shirt hanging in our garage for bloody years next to me QPR flag and other such nonsense when one day I noticed it had gone missing, I asked herself if she knew what had happened to me NI shirt and she said she had cut it up and washed it for rags.

Another time away at Oxford's old Manor ground we were losing 4 or 5 nil and Oxford got a corner in front of us at our end, one of our fans threw a bottle on the pitch as the corner was about to be taken and Macca picked the bottle up and gave us all stood behind the goal the most evil of glares, tbh we all stood there staring at our feet too frightened to make eye contact with the bloke.

He's a legend.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Nice Macca Story on 14:05 - Jan 25 with 1941 viewsGRDHoops

I'm glad that's its gone down well on Twitter & its been nice to read the replies too. Thought it was about time I told the story to a wider QPR audience !
Nice Macca Story on 14:34 - Jan 25 with 1900 viewsW7Ranger

Nice Macca Story on 14:05 - Jan 25 by GRDHoops

I'm glad that's its gone down well on Twitter & its been nice to read the replies too. Thought it was about time I told the story to a wider QPR audience !

Cracking story fella.
Nice Macca Story on 14:59 - Jan 25 with 1841 viewsCiderwithRsie

Nice Macca Story on 14:05 - Jan 25 by GRDHoops

"I took a few shots at a bemused Tony Roberts".

I notice you don't tell us if he got near any of them.
Nice Macca Story on 15:44 - Jan 25 with 1813 viewsEsox_Lucius

When Gary Waddock joined Charleroi they were scheduled to play Aldershot at the Recreation Ground where Ian Stewart was a player. I arranged to go to the game with a girl who used to stand with us behind the goal and lived near to where I worked in Slough. We headed across after work and after I parked up in the car park we heard a shout as we walked to the turnstiles. It was Macca. He knew me from when I used to park next to him on the White City Estate and knew my fellow traveller quite well. He informed us that Stewie wasn't playing as he had had a fall out with the manager during the day and would be running the players bar instead. We ended up watching the game from the players bar with free drinks all night.
I have another tale of him having a trial for the Polish club in Slough whilst he was a regular for QPR & N.I. but I was only told it second hand so it isn't my story to tell unfortunately it is very funny and typical Macca.

The grass is always greener.

Nice Macca Story on 11:03 - Jan 26 with 1549 viewsPaddyhoops

Nice Macca Story on 15:44 - Jan 25 by Esox_Lucius

When Gary Waddock joined Charleroi they were scheduled to play Aldershot at the Recreation Ground where Ian Stewart was a player. I arranged to go to the game with a girl who used to stand with us behind the goal and lived near to where I worked in Slough. We headed across after work and after I parked up in the car park we heard a shout as we walked to the turnstiles. It was Macca. He knew me from when I used to park next to him on the White City Estate and knew my fellow traveller quite well. He informed us that Stewie wasn't playing as he had had a fall out with the manager during the day and would be running the players bar instead. We ended up watching the game from the players bar with free drinks all night.
I have another tale of him having a trial for the Polish club in Slough whilst he was a regular for QPR & N.I. but I was only told it second hand so it isn't my story to tell unfortunately it is very funny and typical Macca.

None of the genoristy from Alan mac surprises me .
When the Republic played North Iron at Windsor Park in 93/94world cup qualifier, a poisonous game of football blighted by sectarianism.
He came into the dressing room after the game to congratulate the Republic to a man on qualifying for the world cup.
A true gent!!
Login to get fewer ads

Nice Macca Story on 11:08 - Jan 26 with 1531 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Nice Macca Story on 13:37 - Jan 25 by BrianMcCarthy

Great story.

Don't want to spoil the story but there's one line in there made me laugh.

Now that everyone's read it, the line is of course the one about the fags!

Just would not happen today!

Nice Macca Story on 11:27 - Jan 26 with 1500 viewsQPR_Jim

Nice Macca Story on 11:08 - Jan 26 by BrianMcCarthy

I'd love to live in a world where Macca earned £90k a week instead of Wayne Rooney.
Nice Macca Story on 14:40 - Jan 26 with 1375 viewskarl

Nice Macca Story on 11:08 - Jan 26 by BrianMcCarthy

To be fair Brian, it's a brilliant story and gives a true reflection on the differences in football and society from that time and today.
Imagine what would be said if a pro today was picking 14 year olds up and giving them fags bombing about in his sports car😂
Nice Macca Story on 14:53 - Jan 26 with 1357 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Nice Macca Story on 14:40 - Jan 26 by karl

To be fair Brian, it's a brilliant story and gives a true reflection on the differences in football and society from that time and today.
Imagine what would be said if a pro today was picking 14 year olds up and giving them fags bombing about in his sports car😂

Isn't that true!

You're absolutely right. It cracked me up for that reason. I coach Minor Footballers and while I love it and enjoy it and understand and agree with the reasons why we now have protocols, this story is still a breath of fresh air.

Nice Macca Story on 16:11 - Jan 26 with 1305 viewskarl

Nice Macca Story on 14:53 - Jan 26 by BrianMcCarthy

Isn't that true!

You're absolutely right. It cracked me up for that reason. I coach Minor Footballers and while I love it and enjoy it and understand and agree with the reasons why we now have protocols, this story is still a breath of fresh air.

Yes, I'm the same. Take a team of U11s (including my son) and everything so methodically set out and even more so now with Covid, still have a good laugh and enjoyable as the parents are a good bunch but the days of 11 of us coming back from games in one parents car and him smoking like a chimney are long gone. Couldn't beat the Austin Maxi for cramming them in😂
Nice Macca Story on 16:20 - Jan 26 with 1297 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Nice Macca Story on 16:11 - Jan 26 by karl

Yes, I'm the same. Take a team of U11s (including my son) and everything so methodically set out and even more so now with Covid, still have a good laugh and enjoyable as the parents are a good bunch but the days of 11 of us coming back from games in one parents car and him smoking like a chimney are long gone. Couldn't beat the Austin Maxi for cramming them in😂

My Uncle's Renault 4 could easily get 11 in.
More if he had no sheep in the boot.

Nice Macca Story on 16:25 - Jan 26 with 1285 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Nice Macca Story on 16:11 - Jan 26 by karl

Strange car, the Austin Maxi.
Always seemed to be a Woman welded to them.

Nice Macca Story on 16:28 - Jan 26 with 1274 viewsted_hendrix

With all due respect nobody should own up to once owning an Austin Maxi.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Nice Macca Story on 18:27 - Jan 26 with 1221 viewskarl

Nice Macca Story on 16:28 - Jan 26 by ted_hendrix

With all due respect nobody should own up to once owning an Austin Maxi.

My dad was an Allegro man, I'm sure they were worse. He did upgrade from a Vauxhall Viva right enough.
Sierra Cosworth of Mr Macca was a top end motor!
Nice Macca Story on 18:49 - Jan 26 with 1195 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Nice Macca Story on 18:27 - Jan 26 by karl

My dad was an Allegro man, I'm sure they were worse. He did upgrade from a Vauxhall Viva right enough.
Sierra Cosworth of Mr Macca was a top end motor!

My Dad was a Albreastro man.
Nice Macca Story on 19:08 - Jan 26 with 1176 viewskarl

Nice Macca Story on 18:49 - Jan 26 by BazzaInTheLoft

My Dad was a Albreastro man.

Still is I would say! 😂
Nice Macca Story on 19:18 - Jan 26 with 1163 viewspaulparker

Two stories on macca from personal experience

1st one was he used to drink in the red lion in Hillingdon back in the early 90s ( mainly sundays) which was my dads local at the time , anyway macca is drinking away and a bloke comes up to him calling him a useless pr1ck etc ( we lost that Saturday ,) macca got up and stood up to the bloke, everyone thinking he is going to hit him
Anyway macca calm as you like said I’m really sorry mate I did my best and your right I did play like a pr1ck, he then walked back to his pint and that was that

2nd was a few years later my mum was running the plough in Ruislip and macca came in with his wife for a steak and a beer , I was out that day and when I came home she told me that some QPR player McDonald was in in, I said did you get an autograph or anything , she said no
I was like cheers mum

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024