Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rotherham Utd v Swansea City : *TEAMS* Matchday Thread 10:51 - Jan 28 with 18678 viewsNotLoyal

It’s Saturdays game that all followers of Wales premier club side Swansea City will have their eye on.

EFL Championship
Saturday 30th January 2021
New York Stadium
Kick Off 3pm

TV - Swans TV

Match Officials
TONY HARRINGTON
Shaun Hudson and Andrew Fox
Fourth Official : Rebecca Welch

Whoa,Whoa what’s going on ?
One of the men named on Saturday has changed their name to that of a lady ?
Just because your a fan of that great singer, actress and body builder Raquel Welch doesn’t mean to say you grow your hair and change your name. But then the back office non vaccined staff here at Swansea Independent did some research, our dated philosophy on men at football, our ill founded desire to exclude the lady from the game has been rumbled. Completely. Now, sit down, take a breath, Rebecca is a lady. Yes, a real lady. Not only that she comes in to the professional game that has men in it as a trailblazer for the lady.

Now let’s be serious you dog ends, Rebecca is now on the FA elite list and to be honest her performances are highly rated, not only that she has officiated u23 games, and gave out five yellows last time out. As a young ref making her way in the game we would just like to say, we are the team that got done out of a win at Rotherham a few seasons back so if you see Ryan Manning, punch him. Don’t take any lip off any of the Yorkshire accents behind you ( even though that’s where you come from ) and don’t be worried about any conflict of interest.

Rebecca being a ref in a football match

The biggest game of the day this Saturday for Rotherham and Swansea is the game between Rotherham and Swansea. Let’s take a look at the game even though it hasn’t been played yet.

Rotherham play on the west coast of the USA these days, they used to play at a place called Milmoor in Rotherham but the lure of the Yankee dollar and has changed the club completely. They now have nice seats and a red glow about the place. They also sell hot dogs, popcorn and all games now are split in to four quarters. Most of the people that go here to watch Rotherham don’t go anymore because of Covid-19 which isn’t a rugby score.

A game from the 17th January 1990
Lloyd Bracey ?
There’s some fine old names here, Tommy Hutchinson, Paul Chalmers ( missing as usual ) Steven Thornber, Simon Davey, it’s a veritable football team full of names of football players.

Rotherham United
Won 3-0 at Warnock’s Middlesbrough in the week by scoring three goals, that’s a lot of goals although Swansea did that there last season. When we say a lot of goals we mean more than one or two, so four, which is one more, is getting a bit high. Four would have been one more than three, but maybe not as good as three because that’s a crowd and four isn’t.

This is what It looked like in a photograph of Middlesbrough v Rotherham

Rotherham are on what has been described as a resurgence, seven points from their last three games is good, very good, but not as good as nine. Swansea do seem to struggle at times when they travel to New York and recent results maybe reflect that. But they don’t. That 2-1 loss to Ryan Manning a few years back seems to be the only time the swans have played there which isn’t right, but it must be. So the swans have never won there, I’ll check that, I’m sure it’s right. Anyway Rotherham may as well chuck this game because the swans are pissed off after Wednesday night.

The first game between the sides was on December 8th 1951, yes that late in history for it to be almost recent. Swansea as expected won 5-0 in front of 11,500 spectators. They didn’t call them fans then, as that was a mechanical object used to circulate air or push things through pipes. Since then Swansea have won 28 games and Rotherham 25. Surprisingly, although - I wasn’t that bothered the sides have also shared 25 draws. In 1956 the swans won 6-1 at Rotherham. The Millers won games too, but we don’t talk about it. Apart from in that video from 1990 when we didn’t talk about it, the commentator did. And he was crap.

Rotherham United manager is Paul Warne who when it’s cold wears a big warm hat on his head. This is the best place to wear a hat although we are pretty certain other ways have been explored. When he tells his players off for being naughty or not listening Paul Warne’s them and then if they don’t listen he Warne’s them again.

TEAMS

Rotherham United: Jamal Blackman; Matthew Olosunde, Richard Wood (captain), Michael Ihiekwe, Angus MacDonald, Wes Harding; Shaun MacDonald, Jamie Lindsay, Ben Wiles; Matt Crooks; Michael Smith.

Substitutes: Josh Vickers, Viktor Johansson, Clark Robertson, Trevor Clarke, Ryan Giles, Florian Jozefzoon, Freddie Ladapo, George Hirst.

Swansea City: Freddie Woodman; Ben Cabango, Ryan Bennett, Marc Guehi; Connor Roberts, Matt Grimes (captain), Conor Hourihane, Jake Bidwell; Yan Dhanda; Andre Ayew, Jamal Lowe.

Substitutes: Ben Hamer, Ryan Manning, Joel Latibeaudiere, Cameron Evans, Jay Fulton, Dan Williams, Ollie Cooper, Jordon Garrick, Jordan Morris.

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Rotherham Utd v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 17:23 - Jan 28 with 5335 views34dfgdf54

My side:

.................Fred.................
....Cabango..Bennett..Guehi....
Roberts....................Manning
.....Hourihane......Grimes.......
................Dhanda..............
.........Lowe...........Ayew.......

Manning to have a run of games for me, depending on state of pitch I would play Dhanda if it’s decent and we can get on the ball. Morris to get a decent run out.
Rotherham Utd v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 17:30 - Jan 28 with 5323 viewsswancity

You’ve missed a crucial bit out of the Rotherham game preview:

The bobble at the top of a bobble hat is there for a reason. It’s not to look cool. That part of the head ie right on top is where most heat is lost from. The “bobble” therefore performs a vital duty as shown by Paul Warne. The heat convects back from the bobble into your circulation. It then forms a barrier around your body like Reddy Brek 👍.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Rotherham Utd v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 18:39 - Jan 28 with 5296 viewsAndyCole

Rotherham Utd v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 17:23 - Jan 28 by 34dfgdf54

My side:

Manning to have a run of games for me, depending on state of pitch I would play Dhanda if it’s decent and we can get on the ball. Morris to get a decent run out.

Similar, but would have Smith for Dhanda.

Want to see CH as our Centre Mid fulcrum, quarterback, controlling and dictating. Desperately need to find our zip and tempo.

Push MG into Attacking Mid. Smith floating between the two, for proper bite.

Hell of a spine - FW - RB - CH - MG - AA

Exciting stuff. Hoping we bounce back with vengeance and ZIP.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Rotherham Utd v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 18:46 - Jan 28 with 5289 viewssP7qupUf

Could do with three points. I'm expecting a tough game here. They had a good win last night and gave us a run for our money at the Liberty where we got away without conceding a late penalty.
Rotherham Utd v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 19:11 - Jan 28 with 5272 viewsFireboy2

Rotherham Utd v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 18:39 - Jan 28 by AndyCole

Want to see CH as our Centre Mid fulcrum, quarterback, controlling and dictating. Desperately need to find our zip and tempo.

We have 4 midfielders who can all flit between an attacking midfielder role or a defending role, it's a good place to be.

For me I'd pick the tried and tested, fulton, grimes and smith then bring hourihane on to either get us back into the or finish the game off.

I just hope that after sticking to the 3 4 1 2 formation that really deserved a loss that cooper is working on different formations.

We all know the famous saying 'horses for courses' we have the players that could play different formations so why isnt it being tried.
Rotherham Utd v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 19:19 - Jan 28 with 5260 viewsCatullus

Rotherham Utd v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 18:39 - Jan 28 by AndyCole

Why does Fulton deserve dropping though? It's a hard decision for sure.

This is a potential banana skin and much harder game now than it looked before Christmas. Rotherham will have watched our game last night too and it can only have encouraged them.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Rotherham Utd v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 19:36 - Jan 28 with 5238 viewsFireboy2

Rotherham Utd v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 19:19 - Jan 28 by Catullus

This is a potential banana skin and much harder game now than it looked before Christmas. Rotherham will have watched our game last night too and it can only have encouraged them.

They arent as good as brentford cat, as sean connery used to say 'mish moneypenny, I see no significant problem'
Rotherham Utd v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 20:01 - Jan 28 with 5218 viewstrampie

I wouldn't put money on Swansea beating Rotherham up there, Rotherham in form, Swans abysmal last time out.
It would be a good win if the Swans can get the W.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Login to get fewer ads

Rotherham Utd v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 20:24 - Jan 28 with 5192 viewsonehunglow

Snow forecast too.Wont help

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Rotherham Utd v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 20:55 - Jan 28 with 5172 viewsKeithHaynes

This would be a fantastic three points going in to Norwich at home on Friday.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Rotherham Utd v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 21:05 - Jan 28 with 5164 viewsswancity

Rotherham Utd v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 19:11 - Jan 28 by Fireboy2

We have 4 midfielders who can all flit between an attacking midfielder role or a defending role, it's a good place to be.

For me I'd pick the tried and tested, fulton, grimes and smith then bring hourihane on to either get us back into the or finish the game off.

I just hope that after sticking to the 3 4 1 2 formation that really deserved a loss that cooper is working on different formations.

We all know the famous saying 'horses for courses' we have the players that could play different formations so why isnt it being tried.

Probably because it’s been so highly successful since it was implemented leading to an unbelievable sequence of results and hardly any losses over 35 games or so 👍

Rotherham Utd v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 04:50 - Jan 29 with 5011 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Rotherham Utd v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 17:23 - Jan 28 by 34dfgdf54

My side:

Bidwell still not flavour of the month despite being a better player than Manning?

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Rotherham Utd v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 07:46 - Jan 29 with 4975 viewsAndyCole

Rotherham Utd v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 21:05 - Jan 28 by swancity

Probably because it’s been so highly successful since it was implemented leading to an unbelievable sequence of results and hardly any losses over 35 games or so 👍

And most importantly because our set-up is fluid and a not rigid 352 / 442 etc.

Rigid formations are a thing of the past. The key players in the spine dictate, supported by WBs, across the back, middle and front. Our spine has been one of the best in the league, our WBs are too.

Somebody posted similar on the matchday thread. It's about having players with the intelligence and ability to adapt, control and dominate/win personal and collective battles real-time. Pep said as much after their 4-0 drubbing of Palace. He as coach has done nothing tactically to turn things around - its the players who perform either to the best of their Ability or not.

With CH added to our spine, in the fulcrum, imo we now have the best spine in this league.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Rotherham Utd v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 09:34 - Jan 29 with 4885 views34dfgdf54

Rotherham Utd v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 04:50 - Jan 29 by Brynmill_Jack

Bidwell still not flavour of the month despite being a better player than Manning?

I'm a fan of Bidwell.

More explosive than Manning, but Manning better with the ball at feet imo.
Rotherham Utd v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 10:22 - Jan 29 with 4729 viewsraynor94

Rotherham Utd v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 09:34 - Jan 29 by 34dfgdf54

I'm a fan of Bidwell.

More explosive than Manning, but Manning better with the ball at feet imo.

Yep agree, time to give a Manning a run

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Rotherham Utd v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 11:33 - Jan 29 with 4724 viewsbuilthjack

We really need 3 points from this. If we are to be up there at the end of the season these are games we have to win.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Rotherham Utd v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 11:35 - Jan 29 with 4717 viewsonehunglow

Rotherham Utd v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 19:19 - Jan 28 by Catullus

FULTON should be the last to be benched seeing he is the only player we have prepared to dig in physically.Sadly,we see Grimes as THE man. Playing Grime and Hooli isnt going to work a they are so similiar. Shouldn't really be that hard to see but fans have their favourites and that clouds their judgement.

This game will be a dog fight and I am not in any way confident.

Rotherham Utd v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 13:01 - Jan 29 with 4630 viewsTreforys_Jack

Rotherham Utd v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 11:35 - Jan 29 by onehunglow

FULTON should be the last to be benched seeing he is the only player we have prepared to dig in physically.Sadly,we see Grimes as THE man. Playing Grime and Hooli isnt going to work a they are so similiar. Shouldn't really be that hard to see but fans have their favourites and that clouds their judgement.

"Clouds their judgement "
Rotherham Utd v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 13:17 - Jan 29 with 4601 viewsonehunglow

Rotherham Utd v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 13:01 - Jan 29 by Treforys_Jack

"Clouds their judgement "

Why the inverted commas.

What is your contribution. Bear in mind the site owners message on personal abuse

Rotherham Utd v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 13:48 - Jan 29 with 4579 viewsswancity

You certainly appear to be one of those sad individuals who want our team to lose to help justify some of your crazy and totally unsubstantiated theories it must be said.

Try being positive for once on any subject of your choice. Go on I dare you. You might even enjoy it.

Rotherham Utd v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 14:55 - Jan 29 with 4514 viewsonehunglow

Rotherham Utd v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 13:48 - Jan 29 by swancity

You certainly appear to be one of those sad individuals who want our team to lose to help justify some of your crazy and totally unsubstantiated theories it must be said.

Try being positive for once on any subject of your choice. Go on I dare you. You might even enjoy it.

Well,don’t be alarmed mate.We been at this many years and hope we be a few more in the tank.

You do not know me nor any of the posse so relax and simply engage and assume nothing.

Rotherham Utd v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 16:47 - Jan 29 with 4449 viewsvetchonian

Same as some fans have those which are not their favorites....does that mean thier judgements are clouded too?

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Rotherham Utd v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 17:06 - Jan 29 with 4434 viewsonehunglow

Rotherham Utd v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 16:47 - Jan 29 by vetchonian

Same as some fans have those which are not their favorites....does that mean thier judgements are clouded too?

Read that back to yourself then I ll reply after Ive had my Friday bath.
Thanks

Tricky game tomorrow.

HOPE WE FRONT UP AND AND GET A GOOD RESULT

Rotherham Utd v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 17:37 - Jan 29 with 4422 viewsTreforys_Jack

Rotherham Utd v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 13:17 - Jan 29 by onehunglow

Why the inverted commas.

What is your contribution. Bear in mind the site owners message on personal abuse

You accusing people of having their judgement clouded, astounding lack of self awareness, astonishing and sad.

Stop sucking up the the site owner all the time as well, its nauseating, reminds me of someone else and the previous site owner..
Rotherham Utd v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 17:43 - Jan 29 with 4367 viewsSwanjaxs

" Playing Grime and Hooli isnt going to work a they are so similar " ...

Christ on a bike 🙈😂😂😂😂😂

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024