Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wayne Brown it is 11:09 - Feb 24 with 1271 viewsRSCOSWORTH

https://www.cu-fc.com/news/2021/february/club-update/

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

Wayne Brown it is on 11:21 - Feb 24 with 1244 viewsdurham_exile

Wayne Brown has been given the sword of damocles, but he will be up for it.

However has Hayden Mullins also left the club or is he still the assistant head coach.

Wayne Brown will receive the Freedom of the Town if he gets us out of this self inflicted mire.

Welcome back Wayne and good luck for the challenge ahead.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Wayne Brown it is on 11:32 - Feb 24 with 1239 viewsDaniel

Interesting choice of words by RC. At no point has he said that Steve Ball has left the club, he's simple referred to him being removed from position as head coach.

So it's promotion from within round 6... Good luck Browny.
Wayne Brown it is on 12:33 - Feb 24 with 1209 viewsburnsieespana

Welcome Wayne Brown.
If you keep us up and in decent shape you will become even more of a hero than from the few magical seasons you had with us.
Would love to be a fly on the wall at the first team meeting with the players as Wayne Brown's style of play was pretty ruthless so hopefully a few changes in apparent attitude will take place in the coming days.
Maybe FGR will be quaking with the fear of the uplift a new Manager often gets so lets hope and give Wayne Brown our total support.
Wayne Brown it is on 12:35 - Feb 24 with 1206 viewsLeadbelly

Wayne Brown it is on 11:32 - Feb 24 by Daniel

Interesting choice of words by RC. At no point has he said that Steve Ball has left the club, he's simple referred to him being removed from position as head coach.

So it's promotion from within round 6... Good luck Browny.

Wayne Brown is "interim first team coach". Also an interesting choice of words. Does this mean he will just be coaching the first team and player selection, formation and tactics decided by the stattos or will he be given free rein to do what he thinks is right with the resources at his disposal? Conspiracy theorists please enlighten me!

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Wayne Brown it is on 12:49 - Feb 24 with 1194 viewsDaniel

Good spot Lead, no mention of the word 'head' in Browny's appointment, yet the word is used in the statement when referring to Ball.
Wayne Brown it is on 12:53 - Feb 24 with 1192 viewswessex_exile

Wayne Brown it is on 12:35 - Feb 24 by Leadbelly

Wayne Brown is "interim first team coach". Also an interesting choice of words. Does this mean he will just be coaching the first team and player selection, formation and tactics decided by the stattos or will he be given free rein to do what he thinks is right with the resources at his disposal? Conspiracy theorists please enlighten me!

LOL - think you're doing well providing the conspiracy theorists with fuel actually

Wayne Brown doesn't come as a surprise as caretaker (sorry, Interim First Team Coach), which I guess also gives him first bite at establishing the role as his own if he wants it. I'm afraid there still is the question of his well-publicised racist comments whilst at Leicester City to resolve. In this day and age, and against a back-drop of the EFL's "Not today nor any day" initiative, I really do believe there needs to be some sort of statement from Wayne, or on his behalf, confirming that those opinions were the product of an intemperant youth, and not something he subscribes to now. I'm not expecting to see one, however, so I guess I'll have to cope with an assumption that Robbie has had this conversation with Wayne behind close doors, but it does leave a sense of unease.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

Wayne Brown it is on 13:13 - Feb 24 with 1183 viewsLeadbelly

Wayne Brown it is on 12:53 - Feb 24 by wessex_exile

LOL - think you're doing well providing the conspiracy theorists with fuel actually

Wayne Brown doesn't come as a surprise as caretaker (sorry, Interim First Team Coach), which I guess also gives him first bite at establishing the role as his own if he wants it. I'm afraid there still is the question of his well-publicised racist comments whilst at Leicester City to resolve. In this day and age, and against a back-drop of the EFL's "Not today nor any day" initiative, I really do believe there needs to be some sort of statement from Wayne, or on his behalf, confirming that those opinions were the product of an intemperant youth, and not something he subscribes to now. I'm not expecting to see one, however, so I guess I'll have to cope with an assumption that Robbie has had this conversation with Wayne behind close doors, but it does leave a sense of unease.

As if!

Agree with you regarding the comments whilst at Leicester City. Given the chairman's comments regarding a tiny minority booing player's taking the knee I'll take it as read that he has no concerns that WB still holds those views but it would be so much better for everyone if a statement was made by WB or the club to that effect.

Wayne Brown it is on 17:24 - Feb 24 with 1102 viewsnoah4x4

Maybe should take the knee. ...and pray with the rest of us.
Login to get fewer ads

Wayne Brown it is on 11:54 - Feb 26 with 935 viewsdurham_exile

Wayne Brown it is on 12:53 - Feb 24 by wessex_exile

I see the Mail is taking the holier than thou line and citing the Leicester moment.

Given that WB has been brought in on a short term basis, let us focus on only football and see where that takes us.

I am not condoning anything that might or might not have happened in the past, but I am only interested in seeing Colchester get out of the mire that they have stumbled into.

Let us see what happens after the next few games and then think about the medium and longer term future.

In short keep it football related and let's not drag up the past.

This has been a shocking season and the club has dropped to a new low from a positional perspective but now is the time to start the climb back to a semblance of normality.

This is not about wiping the slate clean, but getting this club back on an even keel.

It starts on Saturday at the New Lawn.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Wayne Brown it is on 12:11 - Feb 26 with 933 viewswessex_exile

Wayne Brown it is on 11:54 - Feb 26 by durham_exile

I see the Mail is taking the holier than thou line and citing the Leicester moment.

Given that WB has been brought in on a short term basis, let us focus on only football and see where that takes us.

I am not condoning anything that might or might not have happened in the past, but I am only interested in seeing Colchester get out of the mire that they have stumbled into.

Let us see what happens after the next few games and then think about the medium and longer term future.

In short keep it football related and let's not drag up the past.

This has been a shocking season and the club has dropped to a new low from a positional perspective but now is the time to start the climb back to a semblance of normality.

This is not about wiping the slate clean, but getting this club back on an even keel.

It starts on Saturday at the New Lawn.

Up the U's

I'm not sure anyone could accuse the Mail of a holier than thou position on race relations, but I know what you mean.

Article here:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9301161/New-Colchester-boss-W

Interesting, and reassuring, that Robbie apparently dealt with this matter with Wayne when he was appointed as the U23 coach. Of course we don't know precisely how it was dealt with, and what was said, but I wouldn't be surprised if more comes out in due course.

Up the U's

Wayne Brown it is on 13:06 - Feb 26 with 926 viewsdurham_exile

Wayne Brown it is on 12:11 - Feb 26 by wessex_exile

I'm not sure anyone could accuse the Mail of a holier than thou position on race relations, but I know what you mean.

Article here:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9301161/New-Colchester-boss-W

Interesting, and reassuring, that Robbie apparently dealt with this matter with Wayne when he was appointed as the U23 coach. Of course we don't know precisely how it was dealt with, and what was said, but I wouldn't be surprised if more comes out in due course.

I suspect that more will come out dependent upon how successful Brown's tenure as temporary Head Coach is.

I feel optimistic for the weekend game, the new manager philosophy must have a bearing on the performance and ultmately the result.

I suppose what I am saying is let football prevail and other matters (though important and not ignored) should be treated as secondary.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Wayne Brown it is on 13:44 - Feb 26 with 924 viewsLeadbelly

Wayne Brown it is on 12:11 - Feb 26 by wessex_exile

Article here:

For the very few (fortunately) Daily Mail readers of my acquaintance, Brown's comments would probably be seen as a bit soft and left wing.

Wayne Brown it is on 16:45 - Feb 26 with 893 viewswessex_exile

Wayne Brown it is on 13:44 - Feb 26 by Leadbelly

For the very few (fortunately) Daily Mail readers of my acquaintance, Brown's comments would probably be seen as a bit soft and left wing.

LOL - exactly.

As I suspected, a very welcome announcement from both Wayne and Robbie has now been released.

https://www.cu-fc.com/news/2021/february/club-address-brown-issue/

Up the U's

Wayne Brown it is on 16:46 - Feb 26 with 893 viewsmfb_cufc

[Post edited 26 Feb 2021 16:50]

mfb

Wayne Brown it is on 19:34 - Feb 26 with 838 viewsLeadbelly

Wayne Brown it is on 16:45 - Feb 26 by wessex_exile

LOL - exactly.

As I suspected, a very welcome announcement from both Wayne and Robbie has now been released.

https://www.cu-fc.com/news/2021/february/club-address-brown-issue/

The statement deals with the issue very well. Hopefully everyone can now look forward rather than backwards.

Wayne Brown it is on 19:54 - Feb 26 with 832 viewsdurham_exile

Wayne Brown it is on 19:34 - Feb 26 by Leadbelly

The statement deals with the issue very well. Hopefully everyone can now look forward rather than backwards.

Whilst the statement may have redressed the balance - Sky Sports News lost no time in contacting the club and printing details of the allegations and interviewed RC.

Once again the club is in the news for the wrong reasons.

We need to let our football do the talking and nip this one in the bud and quick.

We do not need any allegations of racism coming so soon after the adverse reaction to taking the knee which again was widely reported and lumped us in with Millwall.

Let us win at FGR on Saturday and get people to talk about football instead.

Get behind the Head Coach, the team and bring home three points.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Wayne Brown it is on 13:07 - Feb 27 with 776 viewsburnsieespana

Have to say I do have reservations about Wayne Brown but the statement yesterday was sensible and he does have a history of working with all sorts of players so hopefully things will die down so we can concentrate on his coaching skills and getting best our of players which he clearly did at Maldon.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024