Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bluebirds will be grounded at the JSCS today 11:35 - Apr 5 with 1983 viewsdurham_exile

The new era of HM and PT secured a crucial point at Bolton on Good Friday and now prepare to entertain the Bluebirds at the JSCS. Rob Kelly’s team are also struggling but have only a minus 3-goal difference suggesting that their games this season have largely been close affairs.

Table:

Barrow 37 41 -3
COL U 39 40 -17
Southend 39 35 -29
Grimsby 38 33 -27

Remaining Fixtures:

Barrow

Colchester A
Carlisle H
Exeter H
Orient A
PV H
Tranmere A
FGR A
Southend H
Exeter A

COL U

Barrow H
Oldham A
Walsall H
Southend H
Cheltenham A
Salford H
Tranmere A

Southend

Morecambe A
Crawley H
Exeter A
Colchester A
Orient H
Barrow A
Newport H

Grimsby

Cheltenham H
Bradford A
Bolton H
Morecambe H
Oldham A
Exeter A
PV H
Cambridge A

Make no mistake it is still too close for comfort and whatever happens we need to win at least three more of our games (Barrow, Walsall, Southend) and then any other points are priceless.

Grimsby and Southend are still very much favourites for Relegation.

HM had inspired the team in the second half on Friday and perhaps we were unlucky not to have secured all three points. Tommy Smith clocked up his 400th career appearance against the Trotters.

Ainsley and Kwame are back from International duty, but I do not think either will start today. They will be needed for the run in.

So, what about the team today:

Gerken

Welch-Hayes Eastman Smith Clampin

Lapslie Pell Stevenson

Senior Wiredu Nouble

Subs:

George Tchamadeu Doherty Cowan-Hall Chilvers Folivi Brown

Now against Tranmere we should have scored four goals given the chances that we managed to squander. Gerry has already suggested a good omen for today after the wheel fell off his barrow. I reckon that it is about time that we won a game handsomely which will improve confidence, improve goal difference, and move us to 43 points, within touching distance of safety.

Something like 3-0 today will work wonders for the team.

The weather today will be 5 degrees c in Colchester with a 10% chance of precipitation and mainly sunny conditions. It is a gloriously sunny but cold day in Durham after a covering of overnight snow and so the match should be played in ideal conditions at JSCS.

Big positives; Brendan Sarpong-Wiredu who has been advanced to the striking role and a vastly improved Courtney Senior who has added more guile to his play. Ryan Clampin brings a real plus to the left back position and Big Frank is always able to put in a solid performance.

I remain optimistic after an improved performance at Bolton, and we should all enjoy the game today.

Keep the faith.

Up the U’s

Durham_exile

Bluebirds will be grounded at the JSCS today on 13:08 - Apr 5 with 1155 viewsburnsieespana

Durham how I so hope you are right!
Come on Colchester United make it a good Easter by getting all three points today
Bluebirds will be grounded at the JSCS today on 14:14 - Apr 5 with 1127 viewsmfb_cufc

U's side to face Barrow: Gerken, Welch-Hayes, Eastman, Smith, Clampin, Pell, Wiredu, Senior, Brown, Harriott, Nouble (two changes)

mfb

Bluebirds will be grounded at the JSCS today on 14:18 - Apr 5 with 1125 viewsdurham_exile

Bluebirds will be grounded at the JSCS today on 14:14 - Apr 5 by mfb_cufc

U's side to face Barrow: Gerken, Welch-Hayes, Eastman, Smith, Clampin, Pell, Wiredu, Senior, Brown, Harriott, Nouble (two changes)

I am very impressed with this side.

Very attacking and shows that HM and PT are deytermined to succeed.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Bluebirds will be grounded at the JSCS today on 14:30 - Apr 5 with 1114 viewsnoah4x4

I would sooner Lapslie alongside Pell and Wiredu forward instead of lazy Harriott. We already have one maverick in Senior. Two of them is a luxury.

To be fair, Lapslie did limp off on Friday.
[Post edited 5 Apr 2021 14:31]
Bluebirds will be grounded at the JSCS today on 14:32 - Apr 5 with 1108 viewsburnsieespana

I agree Noah but just maybe the thought is Lapslie, after so much time out would struggle. Is he a sub?
[Post edited 5 Apr 2021 14:33]
Bluebirds will be grounded at the JSCS today on 14:47 - Apr 5 with 1090 viewsdurham_exile

Bluebirds will be grounded at the JSCS today on 14:32 - Apr 5 by burnsieespana

I agree Noah but just maybe the thought is Lapslie, after so much time out would struggle. Is he a sub?
[Post edited 5 Apr 2021 14:33]

Bench

Doherty, Lapslie, Chilvers, Stevenson, George, Folivi,Tchamadeu

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Bluebirds will be grounded at the JSCS today on 14:55 - Apr 5 with 1075 viewsnoah4x4

We probably need to score first and then shut up shop. But with the selected team we will need a two goal buffer as Senior, Brown and Harriott always put us at risk given how often they lose the ball showboating and then don't put in a defensive shift. I am nervous without a Lapslie or Chilvers and three vulnerabilies, albeit on their day all matchwinners .....let us hope it is that day.
Bluebirds will be grounded at the JSCS today on 14:57 - Apr 5 with 1071 viewsdurham_exile

Bluebirds will be grounded at the JSCS today on 14:55 - Apr 5 by noah4x4

We probably need to score first and then shut up shop. But with the selected team we will need a two goal buffer as Senior, Brown and Harriott always put us at risk given how often they lose the ball showboating and then don't put in a defensive shift. I am nervous without a Lapslie or Chilvers and three vulnerabilies, albeit on their day all matchwinners .....let us hope it is that day.

Noah
I am very confident today rather than just hopeful.

Up the U's

3-0

Durham_exile

Login to get fewer ads

Bluebirds will be grounded at the JSCS today on 15:04 - Apr 5 with 1066 viewsdurham_exile

Bluebirds will be grounded at the JSCS today on 14:57 - Apr 5 by durham_exile

Noah
I am very confident today rather than just hopeful.

Up the U's

3-0

Even the cardboard cutouts look brighter and are certainly enjoying the sunshine.

Decent start.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Bluebirds will be grounded at the JSCS today on 15:07 - Apr 5 with 1062 viewsgerry_us

I've left the wheel off my Barrow until tomorrow!
Bluebirds will be grounded at the JSCS today on 15:19 - Apr 5 with 1051 viewsdurham_exile

Bluebirds will be grounded at the JSCS today on 15:07 - Apr 5 by gerry_us

I've left the wheel off my Barrow until tomorrow!

Gerry keep it off until the end of the season.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Bluebirds will be grounded at the JSCS today on 15:22 - Apr 5 with 1046 viewsgerry_us

Bluebirds will be grounded at the JSCS today on 15:19 - Apr 5 by durham_exile

Gerry keep it off until the end of the season.

Up the U's

Luke Norris scores;
Mikael Mandron scores two goals
About time we did!
Now Ian Henderson...two goals
It seems as though players need to "leave" to find their scoring potential.
[Post edited 5 Apr 2021 16:38]
Bluebirds will be grounded at the JSCS today on 15:33 - Apr 5 with 1029 viewsdurham_exile

Bluebirds will be grounded at the JSCS today on 15:22 - Apr 5 by gerry_us

Luke Norris scores;
Mikael Mandron scores two goals
About time we did!
Now Ian Henderson...two goals
It seems as though players need to "leave" to find their scoring potential.
[Post edited 5 Apr 2021 16:38]

Ainsley

Durham_exile

Bluebirds will be grounded at the JSCS today on 15:34 - Apr 5 with 1027 viewsgerry_us

And Cheltenham equalize at Grimsby
Bluebirds will be grounded at the JSCS today on 15:51 - Apr 5 with 1005 viewsdurham_exile

Bluebirds will be grounded at the JSCS today on 15:34 - Apr 5 by gerry_us

And Cheltenham equalize at Grimsby

Good 45 mins

More of the same second half and two more goals.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Bluebirds will be grounded at the JSCS today on 15:54 - Apr 5 with 995 viewsthrillseeker

Looking good so far so hopefully it continues.

A big 45 minutes coming up
Bluebirds will be grounded at the JSCS today on 15:58 - Apr 5 with 1000 viewsnoah4x4

Barrow score all their goals in final quarter. We need another to give us breathing space, but so far so good.
Bluebirds will be grounded at the JSCS today on 16:14 - Apr 5 with 982 viewsdurham_exile

Bluebirds will be grounded at the JSCS today on 15:58 - Apr 5 by noah4x4

Barrow score all their goals in final quarter. We need another to give us breathing space, but so far so good.

Crawley on 52 points have obviously decided that they don't need to bother and have rolled over against Oldham

Have to think they will fold at Southend too.

Come on the U's

Durham_exile

Bluebirds will be grounded at the JSCS today on 16:28 - Apr 5 with 970 viewsdurham_exile

Bluebirds will be grounded at the JSCS today on 16:14 - Apr 5 by durham_exile

Crawley on 52 points have obviously decided that they don't need to bother and have rolled over against Oldham

Have to think they will fold at Southend too.

Come on the U's

After Ainsley's international travels I would replace him with Stevenson or Folivi

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Bluebirds will be grounded at the JSCS today on 16:30 - Apr 5 with 965 viewsdurham_exile

Bluebirds will be grounded at the JSCS today on 16:28 - Apr 5 by durham_exile

After Ainsley's international travels I would replace him with Stevenson or Folivi

Up the U's

Lapslie on for Brown.

Wiredu moves to the 10 position

Durham_exile

Bluebirds will be grounded at the JSCS today on 16:35 - Apr 5 with 952 viewsdurham_exile

Bluebirds will be grounded at the JSCS today on 16:30 - Apr 5 by durham_exile

Lapslie on for Brown.

Wiredu moves to the 10 position

Fresh legs for Ainsley needed Stevenson or Folivi

Come on the U's

Durham_exile

Bluebirds will be grounded at the JSCS today on 16:38 - Apr 5 with 949 viewsdurham_exile

Bluebirds will be grounded at the JSCS today on 16:35 - Apr 5 by durham_exile

Fresh legs for Ainsley needed Stevenson or Folivi

Come on the U's

Big Frank should have scored.

Durham_exile

Bluebirds will be grounded at the JSCS today on 16:51 - Apr 5 with 924 viewsdurham_exile

Bluebirds will be grounded at the JSCS today on 16:38 - Apr 5 by durham_exile

Big Frank should have scored.

Our own fault
We needed a second
Too defensive and allowed them into the game.
Up the U's

Durham_exile

Bluebirds will be grounded at the JSCS today on 16:53 - Apr 5 with 914 viewsMoor_Pinot

Bluebirds will be grounded at the JSCS today on 16:51 - Apr 5 by durham_exile

Our own fault
We needed a second
Too defensive and allowed them into the game.
Up the U's

We're not currently good enough for any better fate. If we're honest we all expected them to equalize. We don't have or deploy the necessary equipment to be better. Grim times indeed.

Moor Pinot

Bluebirds will be grounded at the JSCS today on 16:58 - Apr 5 with 890 viewsgerry_us

Positive thought?
Unbeaten over the Easter holiday. Wanted three points, settle for two.
Onwards and upwards guys.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024