Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY AFTERMATH 10:49 - Aug 25 with 22077 viewsNotLoyal

It’s the country and western town of Preston. The team with P N and E in their name. Let’s add an I and an S.

Saturday 28th August 2021
Deepdale Stadium
Kick Off 3pm

It’s the final game before the international break, that’s the last game before the next ones start, which will be at the end of the international break.

Match Officials
THOMAS BRAMALL
Thomas loves a card. 21 🟨 in his first 10 games. The EFL generally give him league one or two games so this is a step up.
Assisted by : Richard Wild and Steven Meredith
Fourth Official : Robert Lewis

Preston is famous for many things, the first KFC, the first Motorway, the word ‘teetotal’ comes from Preston, which I as your host totally agree with. It’s also a fact that the highest amount of bellends in the country come from Preston, oh, but think, yes bellends are made in Preston, the very ends of bells in church spires ( or lofts ) that make the noise that bloody annoy you on Sundays. That’s why they have a church with the tallest spire in England, to fit all the bellends in.

The home ends at Preston are also full of bellends.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/55617/six-players-unavai

On the day tickets will be available to purchase from the away ticket office at Deepdale.

The away ticket office is located at the Bill Shankly Kop, adjacent to the away turnstiles.

Get your vaccination today
“We hope it provides an accessible and convenient chance for supporters of both the Lilywhites, and our visitors Swansea City, to be able to get a first or second dose of the vaccine while attending the game.” Dr Zak Patel, Clinical Director, the Preston North Primary Care Network (PCN) said: “We are incredibly proud to be able to offer a mobile Covid-19 vaccination clinic in a place that is convenient and accessible, for footballers and fans alike. “Whether you’re looking forward to getting back to spending time with family and friends, planning your next holiday or counting down the days until your favourite festival, the vaccine will help keep you and those around you safe.

Preston North End: Daniel Iversen, Sepp van den Berg, Ben Whiteman, Patrick Bauer, Daniel Johnson (captain), Jordan Storey, Andrew Hughes, Ryan Ledson, Emil Riis, Sean Maguire, Josh Earl.

Substitutes: Declan Rudd, Greg Cunningham, Josh Harrop, Joe Rafferty, Scott Sinclair, Joe Rodwell-Grant, Brad Pott.

Swansea City: Steven Benda; Joel Latibeaudiere, Ryan Bennett, Ryan Manning; Ethan Laird, Jay Fulton, Matt Grimes (captain), Jake Bidwell; Jamie Paterson; Liam Cullen, Joel Piroe.

Substitutes: Ben Hamer, Kyle Naughton, Brandon Cooper, Dan Williams, Yan Dhanda, Morgan Whittaker, Jamal Lowe.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/55643/russell-martin-agr

Nothing to follow.

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY TEAMS AND THREAD on 10:31 - Aug 29 with 1235 viewsCatullus

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY TEAMS AND THREAD on 21:09 - Aug 28 by AndyCole

This time, last two seasons this thread would be inundated with the Manager-out brigade. Reams and reams of blather.

This term, the same feeble sheeple are in hiding - after yet another humiliating drubbing.

Speaks volumes for the sheeple- you know who you are. Not even a whisper from the likes of……the usual pathetics. How very telling.

That is total BS, as is your constant referal to our manager as 'Martine' which is childish and pathetic.

Not many turned on Cooper until after Christmas last season which was when he went totaly negative.

We had more than 5 games of utter dross under Cooper but Cole still defended him to the hilt, 5 games in to a disrupted season with no pre season to talk of, having lost our 2 best players from last season and the knives are out.

OHL, have a ook at yourself, you screamed that Cooper should be sacked but give the new guy a chance. He needs some new players, which we are told are coming, 3 of them, give him a chance to get the player properly fit and to learn his ways.

PS, Keith, I won't apologise for being confrontational with Cole, he is a Cooper fan but he is no Swansea City fan, not with what I'm reading this season. He's just a WUM here to stir people up.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY TEAMS AND THREAD on 10:34 - Aug 29 with 1214 viewsDr_Parnassus

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY TEAMS AND THREAD on 10:31 - Aug 29 by Catullus

That is total BS, as is your constant referal to our manager as 'Martine' which is childish and pathetic.

Not many turned on Cooper until after Christmas last season which was when he went totaly negative.

We had more than 5 games of utter dross under Cooper but Cole still defended him to the hilt, 5 games in to a disrupted season with no pre season to talk of, having lost our 2 best players from last season and the knives are out.

OHL, have a ook at yourself, you screamed that Cooper should be sacked but give the new guy a chance. He needs some new players, which we are told are coming, 3 of them, give him a chance to get the player properly fit and to learn his ways.

PS, Keith, I won't apologise for being confrontational with Cole, he is a Cooper fan but he is no Swansea City fan, not with what I'm reading this season. He's just a WUM here to stir people up.

''Not many turned on Cooper until after Christmas last season which was when he went totaly negative.''

That's not true.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY TEAMS AND THREAD on 11:08 - Aug 29 with 1166 viewsjasper_T

Daniel Farke started slowly at Norwich, too. 1 win in first 5 before an international break, finished 14th. Promoted the next season.
PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY TEAMS AND THREAD on 11:22 - Aug 29 with 1144 viewsDr_Parnassus

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY TEAMS AND THREAD on 11:08 - Aug 29 by jasper_T

Daniel Farke started slowly at Norwich, too. 1 win in first 5 before an international break, finished 14th. Promoted the next season.

....Then went on an 8 match unbeaten run, winning 5 of them. 18 points from 24.

We will have to go some if that comparison is set to continue.

Also important to note that they were promoted the year after with signings of Pukki, Buendia and Krul. Max Aarons and Todd Cantwell broke through too (valued at 65m between them), it was a golden year for them when their stars aligned. A bit like us in 2012.
[Post edited 29 Aug 2021 11:38]

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY TEAMS AND THREAD on 11:38 - Aug 29 with 1132 viewsjasper_T

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY TEAMS AND THREAD on 11:22 - Aug 29 by Dr_Parnassus

....Then went on an 8 match unbeaten run, winning 5 of them. 18 points from 24.

We will have to go some if that comparison is set to continue.

Also important to note that they were promoted the year after with signings of Pukki, Buendia and Krul. Max Aarons and Todd Cantwell broke through too (valued at 65m between them), it was a golden year for them when their stars aligned. A bit like us in 2012.
[Post edited 29 Aug 2021 11:38]

And after 8 matches unbeaten it was 1 win in 10. A very uneven season. As you'd expect from a manager insistent on implementing his own style. These things take time.

Russell Martin would have played in some of those games. Didn't go out on loan until January.
[Post edited 29 Aug 2021 11:39]
PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY TEAMS AND THREAD on 16:03 - Aug 29 with 1034 viewsDr_Parnassus

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY TEAMS AND THREAD on 11:38 - Aug 29 by jasper_T

And after 8 matches unbeaten it was 1 win in 10. A very uneven season. As you'd expect from a manager insistent on implementing his own style. These things take time.

Russell Martin would have played in some of those games. Didn't go out on loan until January.
[Post edited 29 Aug 2021 11:39]

Do they take time though? That one example did, helped with some incredible signings and two youth players breaking onto the scene that are now worth £60m+.

But you will probably find more examples of a team winning 1 in their first 5 games and going on to bad things than going on to success.

If you go back over the last 20 years we have had many style changes. None of them took very long to show signs of it clearly being the right way to go. Bradley aside, who followed that ‘months and months to bed in’ formula?

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY TEAMS AND THREAD on 19:53 - Aug 29 with 919 viewsjackrmee

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY TEAMS AND THREAD on 16:03 - Aug 29 by Dr_Parnassus

Do they take time though? That one example did, helped with some incredible signings and two youth players breaking onto the scene that are now worth £60m+.

But you will probably find more examples of a team winning 1 in their first 5 games and going on to bad things than going on to success.

If you go back over the last 20 years we have had many style changes. None of them took very long to show signs of it clearly being the right way to go. Bradley aside, who followed that ‘months and months to bed in’ formula?

He's making the point that RM needs time. It's not necessarily bad. But you don't want to see that.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY TEAMS AND THREAD on 20:32 - Aug 29 with 886 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

"Not many turned on Cooper until after Christmas last season which was when he went totaly negative."

That is nonsense, sorry. I and others "turned" on him after that embarrassing "victory" away at Leeds which saw us go top of the table. That was just a few games into his reign. It was one of the most embarrassing performances by a Swansea City side I had ever seen since I received my first season ticket in League 1. We looked like a Conference North side playing away against Manchester United in the third round of the cup.

That performance confirmed to me how he planned to set us up during his tenure, and boy was I right. I'm sure if you search back to 31st August 2019 on this forum, you'll see myself and a small number of others predicting how his tenure would go. It wasn't long until we were being booed off at home, despite being close to the top of the league. Those boos never went away.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Login to get fewer ads

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY TEAMS AND THREAD on 20:47 - Aug 29 with 883 viewsmonmouth

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY TEAMS AND THREAD on 20:32 - Aug 29 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

"Not many turned on Cooper until after Christmas last season which was when he went totaly negative."

That is nonsense, sorry. I and others "turned" on him after that embarrassing "victory" away at Leeds which saw us go top of the table. That was just a few games into his reign. It was one of the most embarrassing performances by a Swansea City side I had ever seen since I received my first season ticket in League 1. We looked like a Conference North side playing away against Manchester United in the third round of the cup.

That performance confirmed to me how he planned to set us up during his tenure, and boy was I right. I'm sure if you search back to 31st August 2019 on this forum, you'll see myself and a small number of others predicting how his tenure would go. It wasn't long until we were being booed off at home, despite being close to the top of the league. Those boos never went away.

This is absolutely correct

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY TEAMS AND THREAD on 21:31 - Aug 29 with 854 viewsDr_Parnassus

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY TEAMS AND THREAD on 19:53 - Aug 29 by jackrmee

He's making the point that RM needs time. It's not necessarily bad. But you don't want to see that.

I know that is the point he is making. It has nothing to do with wanting to hear it or not.

I am making the point that while that is true in order for him to perfect the style, it’s not true for us to see some sort of success still in the lead up to that.

History tells us that. Can you tell me the last time a manager of ours has struggled after taking over and required all this time being talked about? (again Bradley aside who lasted 12 weeks). Sounds like a myth.

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY TEAMS AND THREAD on 21:42 - Aug 29 with 848 viewsDr_Parnassus

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY TEAMS AND THREAD on 20:32 - Aug 29 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

But after those two years, time has showed exactly why we played that way. (Which is what many of us were saying at the time).

Potter before him came 10th - despite spending three times as much as Potters two years combined, and Martin is struggling after him despite getting a host of players in.

It’s no coincidence that we didn’t challenge before of after him, but did every year he was here. We also consistently won without our main players Ayew and Guehi, leaving much of what is available today (minus Piroe, Laird, Downes and a whole host of extras Martin has).

He was able to get results because he took the squad he had and played to their strengths, which was a solid defensive unit that could grind out wins against anyone.

But you are correct that there was a fair few people slagging him off left right and centre after a couple of games in charge and never looked back.
[Post edited 29 Aug 2021 21:43]

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY TEAMS AND THREAD on 21:46 - Aug 29 with 842 viewsjackrmee

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY TEAMS AND THREAD on 21:31 - Aug 29 by Dr_Parnassus

I know that is the point he is making. It has nothing to do with wanting to hear it or not.

I am making the point that while that is true in order for him to perfect the style, it’s not true for us to see some sort of success still in the lead up to that.

History tells us that. Can you tell me the last time a manager of ours has struggled after taking over and required all this time being talked about? (again Bradley aside who lasted 12 weeks). Sounds like a myth.

Probably hasn't happened with us, as they aren't given the time by the fans.
Farke would have got pelters if he was here. Look what he did with time.
Shame that it could go the same way with RM, before we get the chance to see what he can really do.
Who knows, maybe he's garbage, but we will never know if it's left up to you lot. Could be the next Pep for all we know. Give the guy a break. Transfer window isnt even shut yet mun.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY TEAMS AND THREAD on 22:06 - Aug 29 with 817 viewsDr_Parnassus

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY TEAMS AND THREAD on 21:46 - Aug 29 by jackrmee

Probably hasn't happened with us, as they aren't given the time by the fans.
Farke would have got pelters if he was here. Look what he did with time.
Shame that it could go the same way with RM, before we get the chance to see what he can really do.
Who knows, maybe he's garbage, but we will never know if it's left up to you lot. Could be the next Pep for all we know. Give the guy a break. Transfer window isnt even shut yet mun.

Again, it has nothing to do with time, my question was who has struggled to implement their style early in the last 20 years for us? The answer is nobody, and some of those style changes have been radical.

So the notion of needing all this time before showing any semblance of it being the correct way to play isn’t true.

They may have needed a bit of time to make it perfect/optimum but we have always seen acceptable results, simply because the style suited the players we had at our disposal on some sort of level.

Farke got £65m worth of youth talent, Pukki, Buendia and Krul before he was able to mount any sort of acceptable finish. I would guess it had more to do with them than “time”.

What do you mean you will never get to know if it’s up to “your lot”? I am not advocating sacking him, I’m making the point that what he is implementing needs to suit our players in order to work.

If it does suit them, then we should still see some form of short term successes before allowing him time to perfect/optimise that style. The proof of that is clear.
[Post edited 29 Aug 2021 22:18]

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY TEAMS AND THREAD on 22:41 - Aug 29 with 777 viewsAndyCole

With respect, you're missing the point, spectacularly.

Try focusing on the subject matter not the poster.

And maybe proffer some cogent insight on what precisely you see Martin is doing which doesn't deserve constructive criticism. Heck, the players' actions in wresting some semblance of control speaks volumes.

Blind faith of the sheeple. The very worst kind.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY TEAMS AND THREAD on 22:48 - Aug 29 with 767 viewsAndyCole

Confrontation in the way you intend is quite rightly shunned upon, for so many reasons. And you of all people shouldn't be looking to stir up confrontation, on a football thread.

I will repeat (from another thread you chose to ignore) :

Get a grip for heck's sake. People in glass houses 'n all that...

Wum? Stick to the non-football stuff, football analysis clearly isn't your thing.

As writ large after making the gaffe of the season on a matchday thread, last term. When in your constant, tiresome, irrational Cooper bashing mode you said you couldn't understand why on earth Cooper was persisting with playing Lowe out of position wide left - you chose to say this out loud, on the matchday thread almost immediately after Lowe cut in from the left to score yet another beauty, from cutting in from wide left.

Maybe think, before you start slagging off others, on a football thread.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY TEAMS AND THREAD on 23:03 - Aug 29 with 767 viewsjackrabbit

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY TEAMS AND THREAD on 21:34 - Aug 28 by jasper_T

Martin's had 4 weeks on the job. But please cry more about how people aren't chucking their toys out of the pram with you.

Well said.
PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY TEAMS AND THREAD on 23:07 - Aug 29 with 763 viewsjackrabbit

Well said.
PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY TEAMS AND THREAD on 23:15 - Aug 29 with 754 viewsDr_Parnassus

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY TEAMS AND THREAD on 23:07 - Aug 29 by jackrabbit

Well said.

Which part was well said?

It was factually inaccurate.

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY TEAMS AND THREAD on 23:53 - Aug 29 with 743 viewsjackrabbit

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY TEAMS AND THREAD on 23:15 - Aug 29 by Dr_Parnassus

Which part was well said?

It was factually inaccurate.

I normally enjoy the discourse on here and am only too happy to contribute. But the early season hysteria that seems to have taken over the board regarding a new manager who was brought in very late, had little or no pre season, inherited a squad who had lost 2 crucial quality players, and has several other important players unavailable to him through injury, but even so has brought in some promising looking talent to supplement the players already here - well i find it tedious and pointless to join in the debate, the way it’s being framed. Nobody enjoys seeing us lose like we did yesterday and I agree, and posted during the match, that we were braindead in some of our play. I’m sure Martin feels the same way. He’s still assessing what we’ve got. He needs more quality players. We’ve lost the central lynchpin of our defensive line, and our only top class creative game-changer who saved our skins on more than one occasion last season. Huge loss and a big ask to replace. Give him time ffs.
PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY TEAMS AND THREAD on 00:21 - Aug 30 with 732 viewsDr_Parnassus

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY TEAMS AND THREAD on 23:53 - Aug 29 by jackrabbit

I normally enjoy the discourse on here and am only too happy to contribute. But the early season hysteria that seems to have taken over the board regarding a new manager who was brought in very late, had little or no pre season, inherited a squad who had lost 2 crucial quality players, and has several other important players unavailable to him through injury, but even so has brought in some promising looking talent to supplement the players already here - well i find it tedious and pointless to join in the debate, the way it’s being framed. Nobody enjoys seeing us lose like we did yesterday and I agree, and posted during the match, that we were braindead in some of our play. I’m sure Martin feels the same way. He’s still assessing what we’ve got. He needs more quality players. We’ve lost the central lynchpin of our defensive line, and our only top class creative game-changer who saved our skins on more than one occasion last season. Huge loss and a big ask to replace. Give him time ffs.

I don’t see any hysteria personally. There are those willing to discuss our clear shortcomings and those that can’t bear to have the performances looked at in any form of critique.

People are commenting on how bad we look. I don’t see anyone suggesting he needs to be sacked or that we are heading for the conference.

It’s perfectly normal to discuss performances, both good and bad. Again, time will be given to him to perfect/optimise his style… but we will need to see proof that it is on the right track as all other managers have done in the last 20 years who have changed the style.

We can’t keep losing game after game being outplayed, outfought and out-thought against average teams and using the excuse of “time”.

As I’ve said before, in order to reach a long term goal, you need to achieve lots of little goals in between. There needs to be a decent upwards curve towards the end goal.

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY TEAMS AND THREAD on 00:38 - Aug 30 with 726 viewsWalterBoyd

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY TEAMS AND THREAD on 23:53 - Aug 29 by jackrabbit

I have asked and the use of paragraphs is allowed.

Up the Swans
PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY AFTERMATH on 00:41 - Aug 30 with 721 viewsDr_Parnassus

Also I really have an issue with the Ayew and Guehi excuse.

Last year we were without Ayew for 5 games either completely or where he was able to play 20 mins or less.

We lost 1 of them.

The year previous we were without Ayew for 2 games.

We won one and drew the other.

Over the two seasons we have been without Ayew for 7 games. Won 3, drew 3 and lost 1. Which is 1.75 points per game and gives us 80 points if that form was over the whole season, which is exactly what we got last year.

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY AFTERMATH on 00:47 - Aug 30 with 716 viewsDr_Parnassus

For completion. We will go Guehi too.

Last season we were without him for 6 games, we lost 1 of them. 3 wins, 2 draws and 1 loss.

1.63 points per game and if that form continued for the season would see us on 75 points.

………….

So even without Ayew and Guehi, this squad is capable of not only competing but winning and picking up play off targeting points tally’s.

That same squad is essentially the same one Martin has, but has had a million pound striker, Downes and Laird thrown into the mix.

There isn’t too many reasons that we are looking so hapless, when we know what can be achieved with this team.

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY TEAMS AND THREAD on 00:51 - Aug 30 with 714 viewsjasper_T

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY TEAMS AND THREAD on 00:21 - Aug 30 by Dr_Parnassus

I don’t see any hysteria personally. There are those willing to discuss our clear shortcomings and those that can’t bear to have the performances looked at in any form of critique.

People are commenting on how bad we look. I don’t see anyone suggesting he needs to be sacked or that we are heading for the conference.

It’s perfectly normal to discuss performances, both good and bad. Again, time will be given to him to perfect/optimise his style… but we will need to see proof that it is on the right track as all other managers have done in the last 20 years who have changed the style.

We can’t keep losing game after game being outplayed, outfought and out-thought against average teams and using the excuse of “time”.

As I’ve said before, in order to reach a long term goal, you need to achieve lots of little goals in between. There needs to be a decent upwards curve towards the end goal.

We haven't been "losing game after game being outplayed, outfought and out-thought". We won our two previous games.
PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY TEAMS AND THREAD on 00:58 - Aug 30 with 708 viewsDr_Parnassus

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY TEAMS AND THREAD on 00:51 - Aug 30 by jasper_T

We haven't been "losing game after game being outplayed, outfought and out-thought". We won our two previous games.

You mean against a lower league side in the cup?

We have won 1 game in the league in 5 attempts, and ironically that was the one where he seemed to accuse the players of deviating from the plan.

In those 5 games we have given up 67 (yes, sixty seven) shots to our opposition.

We also find ourselves bottom of the league in shots attempted too.
[Post edited 30 Aug 2021 1:10]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024