Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The owners 09:08 - Aug 31 with 4176 viewsbuilthjack

Have been a disaster from day one.
Fact.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

The owners on 11:29 - Aug 31 with 973 viewsjackrmee

The owners on 10:53 - Aug 31 by whiterock

First lot of Americans had far more brass but what makes you think they would throw money at it, people measure owners by how much wealth they've got which is nonsense
[Post edited 31 Aug 2021 11:26]

See Mike Ashley

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

The owners on 11:32 - Aug 31 with 956 viewsChief

People more adept than me see the books and there is no big outgoings to unknown sources so everything is accounted for apparently?

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

The owners on 11:47 - Aug 31 with 934 viewsdobjack2

The owners on 11:32 - Aug 31 by Chief

People more adept than me see the books and there is no big outgoings to unknown sources so everything is accounted for apparently?

That’s the point.

If there were consultancy fees or directors fees that would be where the money was legally going out but it would stick out like a sore thumb. I don’t believe that dividends can be paid even if they wanted to.
The owners on 11:55 - Aug 31 with 910 viewsChief

The owners on 11:47 - Aug 31 by dobjack2

That’s the point.

If there were consultancy fees or directors fees that would be where the money was legally going out but it would stick out like a sore thumb. I don’t believe that dividends can be paid even if they wanted to.

No, if they did take dividends the other shareholders such as Huw, Morgan&the trust would also get a cut and the trust would obviously have made that public.

The owners on 11:59 - Aug 31 with 894 viewsBillyChong

Winter was quoted last month stating that we didn’t need to sell. These low offers suggest the opposite.
The owners on 12:02 - Aug 31 with 879 viewsKeithHaynes

Builthy’s thread on here is more than welcome, the responses on here are also more than welcome, views and opinions on any matter are always welcome. If it’s too challenging log off and do something else, or other websites are available. We have always welcomed discussion, opinion and responses from everyone, but it’s also getting a bit tiring reading people’s attitude to others opinions on a variety of threads.

I know today is a bit stressy for certain folk ( why I’ll never know it’s football) and we are all different, but please don’t come on here angry ( unless you are angry jack of course ) and threatening to leave the website or whatever, it’s childish and immature. We are all about discussion not teddy throwing.

Thanks.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

The owners on 12:06 - Aug 31 with 855 viewsChief

The owners on 11:59 - Aug 31 by BillyChong

Winter was quoted last month stating that we didn’t need to sell. These low offers suggest the opposite.

I'm no Winter fan but in fairness he should be saying things like that publically whether true or not.

But what you say has merit, his words aren't exactly reflected in the transfer business again. There's also an obvious deviation from his proclaimation last season regarding us signing our own players instead of relying on loans.

The owners on 12:47 - Aug 31 with 814 viewsbuilthjack

The owners on 10:58 - Aug 31 by KGriz16

If I see the words 'asset strip' on this forum again, I'm not going to bother anymore. The evidence is there for all to see. We're self-sufficient, we don't have sugar daddies.

Asset strip

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Login to get fewer ads

The owners on 12:56 - Aug 31 with 791 viewsjackrmee

Or that we just want money to bring new players in...

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

The owners on 12:59 - Aug 31 with 778 viewsraynor94

These low offers suggest they are for players who won't sign new contracts

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

The owners on 13:07 - Aug 31 with 759 viewsKeithHaynes

The owners on 12:47 - Aug 31 by builthjack

Asset strip

Don’t say asset strip, I mentioned it once but I think I got away with it 😂

The owners on 13:13 - Aug 31 with 749 viewsraynor94

The owners on 12:47 - Aug 31 by builthjack

Asset strip

How do you work that out? Yes we are running a tight ship, but not at a loss, I'd rather our model than a lot of others who spend money they haven't got

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

The owners on 13:16 - Aug 31 with 739 viewsKeithHaynes

The owners on 13:13 - Aug 31 by raynor94

How do you work that out? Yes we are running a tight ship, but not at a loss, I'd rather our model than a lot of others who spend money they haven't got

Possibility of a bit of irony going on here mate.

The owners on 13:16 - Aug 31 with 738 viewsjackrmee

The owners on 13:13 - Aug 31 by raynor94

Look at the post he quoted mate

The owners on 13:19 - Aug 31 with 730 viewsDr_Winston

Problem is we've got people claiming that Lowe doesn't suit the way Martin wants us to play also claiming that we're selling him too cheaply. You can't have both sides of the argument. Either he's a valuable asset or he's someone we don't want any more.

Prices vary accordingly.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The owners on 13:22 - Aug 31 with 719 viewsbuilthjack

The owners on 13:07 - Aug 31 by KeithHaynes

Don’t say asset strip, I mentioned it once but I think I got away with it 😂

Oh
[Post edited 31 Aug 2021 13:23]

The owners on 13:34 - Aug 31 with 699 viewsCatullus

The owners on 10:53 - Aug 31 by whiterock

First lot of Americans had far more brass but what makes you think they would throw money at it, people measure owners by how much wealth they've got which is nonsense
[Post edited 31 Aug 2021 11:26]

Peoplealso seem to think there would be sugar daddy type owners lining up to buy us which is simply absurd..

The likes of J Henry and Sheikh Mansour don't buy clubs like us. They buy the biggest clubs with guaranteed returns, entry into Champions league and massive stadia.

Even when some very rich geezer turns up and makes huge promises, it rarely turns out the way they promise. Look at Cardiff, Tan and Hammam before him, they made big noises but when it came down to it Hammam didn't have enough money and Tan didn't want to spunk 150 million on Cardiff to keep them in the EPL and have them looking up, he went for not spending and taking the parachute money instead. Now he's busy cutting costs just like us. The big difference is, we are not in large debt and we are spending less than we are making right now. The word for that is 'sustainable' and we tried not being sustainable, where did that get us?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

The owners on 13:37 - Aug 31 with 693 viewsReslovenSwan1

The owners on 13:16 - Aug 31 by KeithHaynes

Possibility of a bit of irony going on here mate.

My bug bear is "firesale" . This is a Wales on line favourite and is misleading

"Firesale" suggests stock affected to some degree by a natural act of god event like a fire or flood. The entire stock is sold of at around 5% of it original value. The items might be unaffected but the buyer has no right of return or other legal protections.

'Fire sale' belongs in the 'asset strip'. In general prices are lower but Demarai Gray only went for £1.5m Swansea are doing some uncharacteristic "wheeling and dealing" with the aim of putting round pegs in round holes and moving on those players not willing to commit.

Selling a very good player out of contract in 10 months and replacing with a younger very good player under contract for 2-3 years is good business. Hopefully none are duds. If they are the the club is in trouble.

Wise sage since Toshack era

The owners on 13:45 - Aug 31 with 667 viewsGeoffThom

God I'd even welcome back big nose after today he would not have let these guys leave for next to nothing
YANKS OUT
The owners on 13:50 - Aug 31 with 643 viewsKeithHaynes

The owners on 13:37 - Aug 31 by ReslovenSwan1

My bug bear is "firesale" . This is a Wales on line favourite and is misleading

"Firesale" suggests stock affected to some degree by a natural act of god event like a fire or flood. The entire stock is sold of at around 5% of it original value. The items might be unaffected but the buyer has no right of return or other legal protections.

'Fire sale' belongs in the 'asset strip'. In general prices are lower but Demarai Gray only went for £1.5m Swansea are doing some uncharacteristic "wheeling and dealing" with the aim of putting round pegs in round holes and moving on those players not willing to commit.

Selling a very good player out of contract in 10 months and replacing with a younger very good player under contract for 2-3 years is good business. Hopefully none are duds. If they are the the club is in trouble.

Don’t mention asset strip 😂

The owners on 13:58 - Aug 31 with 622 viewsSwans9

Hugh Jenkins gained yanks a mill on D James today. No way would he have let Lowe go for 1.5m and Lowe is in contract. 14 goals from him is better for us than a quick 1.5m. An absolute panic cheap sale whether he is in the managers plans or not.
The owners on 14:01 - Aug 31 with 617 viewsReslovenSwan1

The owners on 13:34 - Aug 31 by Catullus

Peoplealso seem to think there would be sugar daddy type owners lining up to buy us which is simply absurd..

The likes of J Henry and Sheikh Mansour don't buy clubs like us. They buy the biggest clubs with guaranteed returns, entry into Champions league and massive stadia.

Even when some very rich geezer turns up and makes huge promises, it rarely turns out the way they promise. Look at Cardiff, Tan and Hammam before him, they made big noises but when it came down to it Hammam didn't have enough money and Tan didn't want to spunk 150 million on Cardiff to keep them in the EPL and have them looking up, he went for not spending and taking the parachute money instead. Now he's busy cutting costs just like us. The big difference is, we are not in large debt and we are spending less than we are making right now. The word for that is 'sustainable' and we tried not being sustainable, where did that get us?

Swansea owners are operating at the same level of the previous owners but with a greater financial commitment (next level). The previous owners were mostly local but included a Dutchman south African and Frenchman. The latter two were "Venture Capitalists" and had little interest in football as I understand it. They all sold making a very tidy profit.

The US people want to run Swansea in a sustainable way and have helped the club through Covid with a convertible loan note. They are sitting on a substantial investment loss but seem relaxed about it. There will be big profits for them if the club return to the Premier league. Inflation of Championship club valuations over time might allow them to get out limiting their losses. Their DC United holding is heavily in credit should they sell up. It costs $200m or so simply to join the US league.

Kaplan in particular is an investment professional and has a contact book of billionaires. He and his associates control huge sums of money in the business he part owns. I believe they follow Swansea quite closely. The club now has respected director of football a recruitment team and a manager all on the same hymn sheet. They have taken a calculated risk with Russel Martin.

Kaplan and co are the best people to find a rich buyer for the cub. Buying, building and developing business is/ was their day job.

Wise sage since Toshack era

The owners on 14:05 - Aug 31 with 603 viewslondonlisa2001

The owners on 14:01 - Aug 31 by ReslovenSwan1

Swansea owners are operating at the same level of the previous owners but with a greater financial commitment (next level). The previous owners were mostly local but included a Dutchman south African and Frenchman. The latter two were "Venture Capitalists" and had little interest in football as I understand it. They all sold making a very tidy profit.

The US people want to run Swansea in a sustainable way and have helped the club through Covid with a convertible loan note. They are sitting on a substantial investment loss but seem relaxed about it. There will be big profits for them if the club return to the Premier league. Inflation of Championship club valuations over time might allow them to get out limiting their losses. Their DC United holding is heavily in credit should they sell up. It costs $200m or so simply to join the US league.

Kaplan in particular is an investment professional and has a contact book of billionaires. He and his associates control huge sums of money in the business he part owns. I believe they follow Swansea quite closely. The club now has respected director of football a recruitment team and a manager all on the same hymn sheet. They have taken a calculated risk with Russel Martin.

Kaplan and co are the best people to find a rich buyer for the cub. Buying, building and developing business is/ was their day job.

Lol.
The owners on 14:06 - Aug 31 with 591 viewsBillyChong

The owners on 14:01 - Aug 31 by ReslovenSwan1

At least something has made me laugh today
The owners on 14:07 - Aug 31 with 587 viewsCatullus

The owners on 13:58 - Aug 31 by Swans9

Hugh Jenkins gained yanks a mill on D James today. No way would he have let Lowe go for 1.5m and Lowe is in contract. 14 goals from him is better for us than a quick 1.5m. An absolute panic cheap sale whether he is in the managers plans or not.

The prices reflect the players circumstances and the current market which is low after the pandemic.

Thsi Huw Jenkins stuff, how much did he cost us on Bony and Clucas? Are people going revisionist here? What about Ayews fee and wages? At least Ayew paid some back.

Lowe got 14 goals last season, can anyone guarantee he'd score as many this season? Lowe or Demarai Gray? Both the same price but I know which one I'd choose.

Take Huw Jenkins back, that made me giggle aye. If these owners are so bad just remember who sold us to them!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024