Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bloody Sunday 12:11 - Jan 30 with 3307 viewsCountyJim

An absolute stain on Britain disgusting behaviour from our soldiers

RIP
Bloody Sunday on 12:27 - Jan 30 with 1505 viewsonehunglow

And also RIP to soldiers and civilians butchered there.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Bloody Sunday on 12:46 - Jan 30 with 1486 viewswestisbest

Blair gave an amnesty to 300 IRA members including killers. What's good for the goose is good for the gander. What would be the point in prosecuting 70 / 80 year old ex servicemen now.
Bloody Sunday on 13:29 - Jan 30 with 1453 viewsonehunglow

Bloody Sunday on 12:46 - Jan 30 by westisbest

Blair gave an amnesty to 300 IRA members including killers. What's good for the goose is good for the gander. What would be the point in prosecuting 70 / 80 year old ex servicemen now.

Because it would look good

Bloody Sunday on 13:37 - Jan 30 with 1422 views73__73

I find it a bit rich coming from you Jim, a Labour Party member, the same Labour Party that is responsible for killing hundreds of thousands in Iraq.

Oh, and god bless the parachute regiment 🇬🇧

Poll: Should Swansea expand its concourses, to accommodate fans of big clubs

Bloody Sunday on 13:38 - Jan 30 with 1444 viewsCountyJim

First off I lost a mate in the troubles Craig Pantry RIP mate

The point is these where highly trained soldiers it was disgusting behaviour
Bloody Sunday on 13:46 - Jan 30 with 1408 views73__73

Bloody Sunday on 13:38 - Jan 30 by CountyJim

And it is disgusting that people like you voted in a psychopath to lead the country into an illegal war, which killed hundreds of thousands of men, women and children.
[Post edited 30 Jan 2022 13:47]

Bloody Sunday on 13:50 - Jan 30 with 1419 viewsonehunglow

We have start a thread in memoriam of those blown to pieces by IRA

List is endless but Bloody Sunday has a certain ring to it.

What about Omagh
Enniskillen
Birmingham
Guildford

etc etc

Bloody Sunday on 13:52 - Jan 30 with 1419 viewsCountyJim

Bloody Sunday on 13:46 - Jan 30 by 73__73

And it is disgusting that people like you voted in a psychopath to lead the country into an illegal war, which killed hundreds of thousands of men, women and children.
[Post edited 30 Jan 2022 13:47]

I agree I'm ashamed that our lads where lead into a conflict that they shouldn't have

The whole point is tho when you sign up to the armed forces you go where you're told and carry out your duties in a professional manner
Login to get fewer ads

Bloody Sunday on 13:55 - Jan 30 with 1415 viewsonehunglow

Bloody Sunday on 13:52 - Jan 30 by CountyJim

I agree I'm ashamed that our lads where lead into a conflict that they shouldn't have

The whole point is tho when you sign up to the armed forces you go where you're told and carry out your duties in a professional manner

and you watch each others backs-literally.

Always remember terror organisations have no rules at all.

Bloody Sunday on 13:59 - Jan 30 with 1393 views73__73

They did act in a professional manner. These were elite British infantry soldiers. You shoot at them and they will respond in the way they are trained too.
[Post edited 30 Jan 2022 14:02]

Bloody Sunday on 14:07 - Jan 30 with 1399 viewsCountyJim

Bloody Sunday on 13:59 - Jan 30 by 73__73

They did act in a professional manner. These were elite British infantry soldiers. You shoot at them and they will respond in the way they are trained too.

So our prime minister at the time of the apology was wrong then to say they where all innocent civilians

Just admit they shouldn't have shot them
Bloody Sunday on 14:10 - Jan 30 with 1377 views73__73

Bloody Sunday on 14:07 - Jan 30 by CountyJim

So our prime minister at the time of the apology was wrong then to say they where all innocent civilians

Just admit they shouldn't have shot them

Who was the PM at the time of the apology ?

Bloody Sunday on 14:12 - Jan 30 with 1393 viewsCountyJim

Bloody Sunday on 14:10 - Jan 30 by 73__73

Who was the PM at the time of the apology ?

Cameron wasn't it
Bloody Sunday on 15:16 - Jan 30 with 1353 viewsmagicdaps10

It's a crazy one.

It seems the British army have come out of all the troubles in Ireland 100 time worse than the IRA.

There is still a lot of resentment and hate towards the British in quarters of Ireland still. My wife hails from Donegal, been over there more than most as you could imagine, even got married there......can tell you this, they won't let go of the past and no way will they admit that their own had as much to blame for went on.

All in the name of religion, really!?

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Bloody Sunday on 15:32 - Jan 30 with 1311 views73__73

Bloody Sunday on 15:16 - Jan 30 by magicdaps10

It's a crazy one.

It seems the British army have come out of all the troubles in Ireland 100 time worse than the IRA.

There is still a lot of resentment and hate towards the British in quarters of Ireland still. My wife hails from Donegal, been over there more than most as you could imagine, even got married there......can tell you this, they won't let go of the past and no way will they admit that their own had as much to blame for went on.

All in the name of religion, really!?

A backward mentality with some over there. The British don’t hate the Germans because of the world wars do they. It’s time for those with that backward mentality to grow up.

Bloody Sunday on 15:44 - Jan 30 with 1321 viewsKilkennyjack

Watch this.

This was murder.
Nothing justifies it.
8 of the 14 were under 20 years of age.

The uk government never recognised the Troubles as a war, so the police should have investigated these murders at the time. Justice had to be done, you cant cover up such actions.

Beware of the Risen People

Bloody Sunday on 15:48 - Jan 30 with 1313 viewsKilkennyjack

Bloody Sunday on 15:32 - Jan 30 by 73__73

A backward mentality with some over there. The British don’t hate the Germans because of the world wars do they. It’s time for those with that backward mentality to grow up.

Who would have thought that starving one million people to death, and starving another one million people so that they fled the country would have caused any animosity at all ….

To say nothing of the executions of the leaders of 1916.

Bloody Sunday on 15:50 - Jan 30 with 1308 viewsKilkennyjack

Bloody Sunday on 13:59 - Jan 30 by 73__73

They were not shot at.

Bloody Sunday on 15:50 - Jan 30 with 1308 viewsCatullus

Bloody Sunday on 15:32 - Jan 30 by 73__73

The Irish sentiment towards the English was formed a lot further back thanthe1940's or even 1922 (when the IRA formed) and back even further than the potato famine. it stretches all the way back to the 16th Century, to Elisabeth I and Robert Devereux, to Lord Deputy Mountjoy, Oliver Cromwell and slavery.

The behaviour of the English overlords in Ireland has left a deeply ingrained hate.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Bloody Sunday on 15:53 - Jan 30 with 1305 viewsKilkennyjack

Correct Jim.

British crown forces should never have been put in that position.

It should have been policed.

Bloody Sunday on 16:07 - Jan 30 with 1293 viewsmagicdaps10

Bloody Sunday on 15:44 - Jan 30 by Kilkennyjack

Watch this.

This was murder.
Nothing justifies it.
8 of the 14 were under 20 years of age.

The uk government never recognised the Troubles as a war, so the police should have investigated these murders at the time. Justice had to be done, you cant cover up such actions.

I don't condone what happened but there is certainly a bigger picture than what we know.

As for the ages, there were most certainly teenagers being allowed to run a muck so I am not surprised that so many young lost their lives needlessly.

I don't condone any of it but mentalities have to change as shown by some of the posts on here. The army and those who controlled things need to be accounted for AS do those IRA members who were willing to go to the levels they did and allowed young kids to join their fight of terrorism.

All I am saying is, it was a 2 way street and minds have to realise this or the hatred just continues all these years later.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Bloody Sunday on 16:16 - Jan 30 with 1259 views73__73

Bloody Sunday on 15:48 - Jan 30 by Kilkennyjack

Who would have thought that starving one million people to death, and starving another one million people so that they fled the country would have caused any animosity at all ….

To say nothing of the executions of the leaders of 1916.

The Germans targeted men, women and children with their carpet bombing of British cities in WW2, but now less than 80 years later, both sets of populations do not hate each other.

They must put something in the water in Southern Ireland

Bloody Sunday on 16:19 - Jan 30 with 1268 viewsonehunglow

To us this side of the water,if you're Catholic you hate the Brits and will never refer to the province as Ulster.
There are key phraes;like McGuiness Island of Ireland ,never northern Ireland.

It is religious bigotry and this area,dont forget,has the highest church attendances in the UK

Bloody Sunday on 16:30 - Jan 30 with 1251 viewsCountyJim

Bloody Sunday on 16:19 - Jan 30 by onehunglow

To us this side of the water,if you're Catholic you hate the Brits and will never refer to the province as Ulster.
There are key phraes;like McGuiness Island of Ireland ,never northern Ireland.

It is religious bigotry and this area,dont forget,has the highest church attendances in the UK

Don't forget thousands of catholics soldiers have died for the British army as well

I know 5 catholics from my school joined the forces from my year that I know of
Bloody Sunday on 16:40 - Jan 30 with 1244 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Bloody Sunday on 13:38 - Jan 30 by CountyJim

They were not highly trained soldiers that was the point . They had no training at all in anti terrorism or even policing protests marches. They were sent there to try and stop tye Protestant and Catholic communities butchering each other.

The result was a terrible tradegy.
By far the largest group killed in the troubles were , civilians, then the army/police the smallest group killed were the terrorist.

3500 dead
47,600 injured.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024