Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Cardiff City V Swansea City Matchday thread without insults 11:34 - Mar 30 with 1888 viewsvetchonian

Here it is folks the new matchday thread, lets see if we can keep it on topic....

Interesting this one as it is 90 mins of football which will be iconic should we do the double though on current form the indicators favour a Cardiff win with their home form far superior to our away form.

As many have said it all depends what Swans side turns up on the day and whether Martin sticks to his obsession with possession or reverts to the more direct attacking approach which has shown success previously this season.

Either way never like the 90 mins at Wembley last season defined Coopers last season should we do the double this 90 mins will define this season as Martin will be hailed achieving the historic double...and all will be rosy and great.

Its a local derby for which the form book goes out of the window...I have no prediction as I have no clue how Martin will set us up though if he reverts to type I see a draw at best for us .

Now lets see if we can keep this on topic without personal attacks eh

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

The Cardiff City V Swansea City Matchday thread without insults on 11:46 - Mar 30 with 1866 viewsDr_Parnassus

Think you are asking a bit much to have a thread without insults with certain people milling about here.

But I agree. 2-0 win if we play directly as we should.

Who knows if we don’t. Could win 3-0 could lose 6-0.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

The Cardiff City V Swansea City Matchday thread without insults on 11:57 - Mar 30 with 1860 viewsbuilthjack

Well done vetch. 3-0.
We will take them to the cleaners.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

The Cardiff City V Swansea City Matchday thread without insults on 11:59 - Mar 30 with 1856 viewsonehunglow

Good lad. Delete the other thread Keith and do it Now

I think we will lose. I cannot ee Martin change owt. I can see Fisher stroke it to Naughton whilst Fisher moves away from his goalmouth and having the ball back troke it forward to Grimes who has rin BACK 30 yards to pass the ball either backwards to Fisher or passes it wide-often into touch or to an opposition player who ha done the obvious and pressed us.

I can actually see Fisher conceding an own goal as he bottles an oncoming challenge from one of the hairy@rsed forwards and the ball rolls into the net with Andy looking all forlorn.

Kick out the back passing nonsense- get the ball forward and feed Piroe as often as possibly as he will score. OR play so that Obefemi has a chance to run at defenders wo are miles bigger and much slower. This fella can do damage so give him a chance Russ.

Get at them from the start and make it count. Their crowd will get on their back if we get at them early and make it count.

Above all, rip it up.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

The Cardiff City V Swansea City Matchday thread without insults on 12:25 - Mar 30 with 1842 viewsWhiterockin

History says we won't win, but I'm all for rewriting history 0-1 Wolf.
The Cardiff City V Swansea City Matchday thread without insults on 12:34 - Mar 30 with 1823 viewsbennytheblue

If I remember rightly, things weren’t that rosey just before the game at yours? We have a habit of ending a bad spell when we show up, or should I say never really show up. I have a gut feeling things will be a bit different this time.
We tend to do better when the second one is here in the capital too:

Here are the figures for the second derbies of the season:

In Cardiff:
Played - 11
Cardiff wins - 7
Draws - 3
Swansea wins - 1

We play with a bit of intensity under Morison, you lot always show that intensity we so lack.
It’s going to be interesting…..
The Cardiff City V Swansea City Matchday thread without insults on 12:34 - Mar 30 with 1822 viewsbennytheblue

The Cardiff City V Swansea City Matchday thread without insults on 11:46 - Mar 30 by Dr_Parnassus

Think you are asking a bit much to have a thread without insults with certain people milling about here.

But I agree. 2-0 win if we play directly as we should.

Who knows if we don’t. Could win 3-0 could lose 6-0.

The Cardiff City V Swansea City Matchday thread without insults on 16:28 - Mar 30 with 1736 viewsBoundy

The Cardiff City V Swansea City Matchday thread without insults on 12:34 - Mar 30 by bennytheblue

If I remember rightly, things weren’t that rosey just before the game at yours? We have a habit of ending a bad spell when we show up, or should I say never really show up. I have a gut feeling things will be a bit different this time.
We tend to do better when the second one is here in the capital too:

Here are the figures for the second derbies of the season:

In Cardiff:
Played - 11
Cardiff wins - 7
Draws - 3
Swansea wins - 1

We play with a bit of intensity under Morison, you lot always show that intensity we so lack.
It’s going to be interesting…..

Yep the capitol certainly makes a difference
[Post edited 30 Mar 2022 16:28]

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

The Cardiff City V Swansea City Matchday thread without insults on 22:19 - Mar 30 with 1641 viewsAndyCole

We could win this 3-1 if Martin let's us loose and allows the players to play without inhibition. And allows the players to make the right decisions.

Allow Grimesy to run the show as he knows best. With Burns at RCB. And a Grimes-Fulton go-fwd midfield axis.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Login to get fewer ads

The Cardiff City V Swansea City Matchday thread without insults on 22:29 - Mar 30 with 1633 viewsSwaneeRiver

The Cardiff City V Swansea City Matchday thread without insults on 22:19 - Mar 30 by AndyCole

We could win this 3-1 if Martin let's us loose and allows the players to play without inhibition. And allows the players to make the right decisions.

Allow Grimesy to run the show as he knows best. With Burns at RCB. And a Grimes-Fulton go-fwd midfield axis.

If Grimes runs the show it will be back - sideways - forward - back & repeat.
Fulton wont be in the starting line up, though Burns might.
Downes is the key on Saturday.
2 - 0 for me to Swans
The Cardiff City V Swansea City Matchday thread without insults on 22:39 - Mar 30 with 1629 viewsAndyCole

The Cardiff City V Swansea City Matchday thread without insults on 22:29 - Mar 30 by SwaneeRiver

If Grimes runs the show it will be back - sideways - forward - back & repeat.
Fulton wont be in the starting line up, though Burns might.
Downes is the key on Saturday.
2 - 0 for me to Swans

When Grimes was given the freedom of the park under a manager who knows how to best leverage the talents at his disposal, we finished top echelons, in successive seasons.

Grimes is being stymied. He has Martin barking incomprehensible blurge from the side-lines, and rookie Downs dragging him ever deeper, way back Downs into our defensive third with meaningless give-and-go nonsense.

Grimes needs a Fulton to link fwd. Not a superfluous Downs dragging us back.

So obvious to those that 'See'.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

The Cardiff City V Swansea City Matchday thread without insults on 22:47 - Mar 30 with 1625 viewsSwaneeRiver

The Cardiff City V Swansea City Matchday thread without insults on 22:39 - Mar 30 by AndyCole

When Grimes was given the freedom of the park under a manager who knows how to best leverage the talents at his disposal, we finished top echelons, in successive seasons.

Grimes is being stymied. He has Martin barking incomprehensible blurge from the side-lines, and rookie Downs dragging him ever deeper, way back Downs into our defensive third with meaningless give-and-go nonsense.

Grimes needs a Fulton to link fwd. Not a superfluous Downs dragging us back.

So obvious to those that 'See'.

Whatever you believe Martin has changed at Swans, one thing that has not changed is Grimes.
He was just the same under Cooper.
He is a steady but limited player, which is why no one came in and signed him in the summer ?
Downes jumps over his head in thought and deed and will be the catalyst of our win on Saturday.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024