Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Warburton Going: 10:19 - Apr 28 with 10916 viewsDean

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/warburton-confirms-he-is-set-to-leave-qpr

Sad times.
[Post edited 28 Apr 2022 11:40]
Warburton Gone on 10:25 - Apr 28 with 5587 viewslightwaterhoop

Lets be honest about it he seems to have' lost the dressing room' best of luck to him.
Warburton Gone on 10:26 - Apr 28 with 5578 viewsthame_hoops

No No No 😡 😡 😡
Warburton Gone on 10:36 - Apr 28 with 5480 viewsLythamR

he is not gone, and all he confirms is that he hasnt been offered a new contract yet

it doesnt sound positive reading between the lines though
Warburton Gone on 10:37 - Apr 28 with 5474 viewsdaveB

Warburton Gone on 10:25 - Apr 28 by lightwaterhoop

Lets be honest about it he seems to have' lost the dressing room' best of luck to him.

not sure thats true, not seeing a downing of tools just not enough quality in the side due to injuries. The team now looks similar on paper to the one who struggled pre the Austin signing in 2021
Warburton Gone on 10:37 - Apr 28 with 5464 viewsEastR

more like going, going....

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Warburton Gone on 10:39 - Apr 28 with 5452 viewsW7Ranger

Gutted if true.

Massive mistake in my opinion.
Warburton Gone on 10:39 - Apr 28 with 5446 viewsRangersw12

Warburton Gone on 10:25 - Apr 28 by lightwaterhoop

Clearly hasn't lost the dressing room, injuries and loss of form has crippled us it's football it happens
Warburton Gone on 10:44 - Apr 28 with 5401 viewslightwaterhoop

Warburton Gone on 10:39 - Apr 28 by Rangersw12

Clearly hasn't lost the dressing room, injuries and loss of form has crippled us it's football it happens

The loss of form of so many of our players seems to suggest to me at least that something has gone badly wrong behind the scenes.
Login to get fewer ads

Warburton Gone on 10:48 - Apr 28 with 5367 viewsdaveB

Warburton Gone on 10:44 - Apr 28 by lightwaterhoop

The loss of form of so many of our players seems to suggest to me at least that something has gone badly wrong behind the scenes.

I genuinely don't think performance wise the previous 2 months have been much different to December/January when we were winning. I just think injuries and luck have turned the other way
Warburton Gone on 11:01 - Apr 28 with 5280 viewsEastR

It doesn’t sound like its his choice to go. ‘Nobody’s talking to me about a renewal deal which should have happened by now, but that’s their prerogative, their decision. I’ll just get on with it’.
Whatever’s been said about only having a mid-table wage bill, getting to the play offs was clearly the minimum target, particularly from where we were coming into January and we’ve fallen short of that.

He’s built up a lot of goodwill, particularly in the period from early 2021 through to Jan this year. We played some good stuff, got some good consistent results and seemed to have got the right sort of players together in the squad. We were likeable for the first time in many years.

But it has to be said that if the current run of form happened at any other stage of the season he would be out the door no question.

I’m still on the fence on this one, been unlucky with injuries in particular. Its a tough call. I can see reasons for keeping him, as well as for letting him go.

It comes back to the scenario that if the profile of the best replacement is what you’ve already got then you better be sure when you pull the trigger.

Not hearing Eustace mentioned in any of the conversations post Warburton, which is interesting in itself.

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Warburton Gone on 11:12 - Apr 28 with 5174 viewsQPRSteve

I sincerely hope the club knows what it's doing. I can't think of anyone better that Warbs who would consider taking over.
Warburton Gone on 11:20 - Apr 28 with 5102 viewsloftus77

Can only join the chorus...this is a massive mistake (potentially a disastrous, epoch-changing, one) if true. IMHO.

I guess the key is (will be) the detail, if true. Is it too naive of me to think the club can/will be totally transparent on this in the coming days/weeks?

If its the case that MW has had enough and wants out now, then not much the club or anyone can do. Just 'c'est la vie' and a real shame.

If he wanted to stay but demanded more funds (unlikely?) then, again, you can't blame club for resolutely sticking to 'the model'.

If MW was happy, wanted to carry on under present terms to further build the team - and the club was not patient enough ('promotion meaning everything to them'...hmm....) - then see my Para 1 above.
[Post edited 28 Apr 2022 11:24]
Warburton Gone on 11:27 - Apr 28 with 5013 viewsgobbles

Terrible decision
Warburton Gone on 11:31 - Apr 28 with 4977 viewsloftboy

Would have liked to see him have another year to carry on what he has started, on the playing side we are miles ahead of where we were when he first joined.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Warburton Gone on 11:34 - Apr 28 with 4946 viewsfrancisbowles

Could the op please change the title of this thread as currently it is misleading?
Warburton Gone on 11:44 - Apr 28 with 4796 viewsJuzzie

Warburton Gone on 11:34 - Apr 28 by francisbowles

Could the op please change the title of this thread as currently it is misleading?

Maybe add a question mark too.
Warburton Going: on 11:49 - Apr 28 with 4734 viewsClive_Anderson

He's had a below average budget and got above average results. Would be daft to let him go IMO.
Warburton Going: on 11:57 - Apr 28 with 4637 viewsRs_Holy

Rome wasn't built in a day and lets be honest, building a QPR side to challenge for promotion is much tougher than that. Give him another season and lets see where we are then.
Warburton Going: on 11:58 - Apr 28 with 4622 viewsdmm

It sounds to me like it's done and, if so, the club must have someone already lined up to take over. I'd like Eustace but somehow I don't think it will be.

Pretty disappointing all round.
Warburton Going: on 12:10 - Apr 28 with 4502 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I'll wait and see but it does sound like he may be off.

Shame.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Warburton Going: on 12:12 - Apr 28 with 4483 viewsdmm

WLS video interview in which Warburton makes his comments: https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/watch-warburton-confirms-he-is-set-to-leave-
Warburton Going: on 12:14 - Apr 28 with 4455 viewsRs_Holy

body language between the Gaffer and Paul Morrisey doesn't look good... both seem really down... or am I reading too much into it?

https://www.qpr.co.uk/videos/interviews/warburton-qprshu-preview-280422/
Warburton Going: on 12:20 - Apr 28 with 4387 viewsdannyblue

Another to say I think it's a mistake to replace him. The gamble might pay off, but I think we have a better chance with Warbs remaining. He has players who are loyal to him, the team only needs minor surgery, he is doing a good job with the resources we offer, and handles himself very well. Plus he learns and adapts and I think will be a better manager, given a chance, for this season's experience. We'll discard all the good work of the last few years if we get rid of him and unless there's a continuity candidate a new manager will want to build his own team...
Warburton Going: on 12:25 - Apr 28 with 4328 viewsvanrrrr

Whether he stays or goes, whether you are stick or twist ( me stick) it is all so badly managed and sloppy. we have regressed as a club

Caps a depressing end to season.
Warburton Going: on 12:31 - Apr 28 with 4262 viewsMyke

On the plus side, he seems to be keen to stay, so if they can as Hoos suggested, ' shake hands, take a step back and see where we are going' then they well come to the conclusion that Warburton is the best man for the job. It may seem a bit messy at the minute, but at least nobody can accuse the board of a 'knee jerk' reaction to our recent poor form.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024