Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Black cats Match thread....... 23:11 - Aug 12 with 57235 viewsqpr_1968

i think i could be alone here, but i'm going for a 1-0 win.

brave or stupid, i reckon mr beale will do his homework, tighten up the defence, and we will nick it.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Black cats Match thread....... on 19:32 - Aug 13 with 3761 viewsLanhoop

Black cats Match thread....... on 19:25 - Aug 13 by charmr

Talking of trial by tv. Did anyone see Dykes give a dead leg to the Sunderland player near the corner flag. Really lashed out. Ref seen that he’s off

Good. We need to be a bit more unpleasant to play against and less of a soft touch.
Black cats Match thread....... on 19:37 - Aug 13 with 3689 viewsstevec

That’ll teach me to take one look at the team sheet and go out for the afternoon.

Well done Seny and Chair, I don’t know how the same small set of players manage to bale us out continually. In essence that was 7 v 11 at the start.
Black cats Match thread....... on 19:47 - Aug 13 with 3605 viewsDavieQPR

He does come across well but he did cost them the game. He goes defensive at Half Time ,for the second time this season, and dropped points.
Black cats Match thread....... on 20:02 - Aug 13 with 3514 viewshantssi

Their fans are saying we were one of the dirtiest sides they’ve played and Uncle Albert should have been sent off in the first half., always moaning at the ref as well
I like to hear that as we always moan that we’re “too nice”!
Black cats Match thread....... on 20:10 - Aug 13 with 3472 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Black cats Match thread....... on 20:02 - Aug 13 by hantssi

Their fans are saying we were one of the dirtiest sides they’ve played and Uncle Albert should have been sent off in the first half., always moaning at the ref as well

Bless. Wait until they come up against some of the other teams.

Coventry and QPR is an easy opening where sh!thousery is concerned.
[Post edited 13 Aug 2022 20:13]

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Black cats Match thread....... on 20:17 - Aug 13 with 3409 viewsterryb

That sounds just like a lot of our fans after a game!

Funny how it's always the other side that is physical & full of gamesmanship rather than your own team!
Black cats Match thread....... on 20:38 - Aug 13 with 3247 viewsozranger

Black cats Match thread....... on 19:26 - Aug 13 by BrianMcCarthy

Will keep looking, but I think he comes across well here. Also very open on tactics, which is a breath of fresh air.
https://safc.com/news/team-news/2022/august/qpr/neil-post-qpr-home

That has to be the best after game interview I have heard from a manager. All so true and explained exactly what was going on in the game in his mind, how he wanted to fix it but then how it was done by two great goals. He, at least twice, congratulates Chair on the goal and also explains that Senny being in the box meant an extra body to mark that they could not. Kudos to him for being so honest and explaining it so well.
Black cats Match thread....... on 20:45 - Aug 13 with 3195 viewsDannyPaddox

Those last 2 minutes of additional time where Seny heads in the equaliser to earn us a point then does the double-save to again earn us a point was like something out of Roy of the Rovers. If Sen-Dogg doesn’t get 11 (or even 12) out of 10 in the match report I’m going to lose all faith in Clive’s player-rating system. A legend is born!
Login to get fewer ads

Black cats Match thread....... on 20:55 - Aug 13 with 3139 viewsBklynRanger

Black cats Match thread....... on 18:58 - Aug 13 by kensalriser

QPR score from a FK.
QPR's keeper scores.
QPR score two goals in the last few minutes to snatch a point.
Just been outside and someone's left a pile of rocking horse shit on the drive.

What are the odds of all that?

I was working on a semi decent crack in which I attempted to liken the odds of that free kick going in to the stuff about the torah and the fibronacci sequence in the hit movie Pye.

Still can't believe it but it's all out the window now - those 2 things happening in one game is just insane.
Black cats Match thread....... on 22:17 - Aug 13 with 2871 viewsGloryHunter

Black cats Match thread....... on 18:34 - Aug 13 by Boston

He's a saint.

Saint Peter of Kilburn High Road - patron saint of injury-time goals. I think he'd settle for that
Black cats Match thread....... on 23:03 - Aug 13 with 2701 viewsB_Wad

Black cats Match thread....... on 19:25 - Aug 13 by charmr

Talking of trial by tv. Did anyone see Dykes give a dead leg to the Sunderland player near the corner flag. Really lashed out. Ref seen that he’s off

Noticed that. Also gave a slap across the face while the player was going down for good measure.

Was wondering what led up to that.
Black cats Match thread....... on 23:13 - Aug 13 with 2632 viewsDavieQPR

Son has just got back and said, as we all knew, Shopido, Kakay and Hamalainen were poor but he is definitely in the Armstrong camp now. Dunne and Dickie played well and once Richards is up to speed we have a good one there.
Black cats Match thread....... on 23:32 - Aug 13 with 2547 viewsRangersw12

Still think if Seny hadn't got injured last season, we would of got in the play offs.
[Post edited 13 Aug 2022 23:32]
Black cats Match thread....... on 00:41 - Aug 14 with 2373 viewsBoston

Black cats Match thread....... on 15:59 - Aug 13 by Antti_Heinola

The most predictable result since….
Last tuesday at charlton

?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Black cats Match thread....... on 01:19 - Aug 14 with 2339 viewssmudgehoop

I've just read back the whole match thread and it's one of the best match threads ever imho.

Starting off with low expectations, to despondancy at going 1-0 down, then despair at 2-0 down, then a glimmer of hope at 2-1, to sheer euphoria at the most unlikey of equalisers.

It's been mentioned before about the similaraties between this and the 2-2 Derby away game in the season we won the league when Mackie scored the equaliser very late on.

That game was early in the season too and if I recall correctly, after we won the league Warnock reflected that it was the Derby game he defined as being the game that demonstrated the squad had the right spirit and determination to do well.

Let's hope this match does something similar to this season.

Black cats Match thread....... on 01:23 - Aug 14 with 2333 viewsqpr_1968

Black cats Match thread....... on 01:19 - Aug 14 by smudgehoop

I've just read back the whole match thread and it's one of the best match threads ever imho.

Starting off with low expectations, to despondancy at going 1-0 down, then despair at 2-0 down, then a glimmer of hope at 2-1, to sheer euphoria at the most unlikey of equalisers.

It's been mentioned before about the similaraties between this and the 2-2 Derby away game in the season we won the league when Mackie scored the equaliser very late on.

That game was early in the season too and if I recall correctly, after we won the league Warnock reflected that it was the Derby game he defined as being the game that demonstrated the squad had the right spirit and determination to do well.

Let's hope this match does something similar to this season.

well said, and well observed smudge.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Black cats Match thread....... on 07:02 - Aug 14 with 2086 viewsDWQPR

Looks like the Mackems have taken over the self-righteous mantel from the Florist faithful for this season. If they are up near the top this season then I’m sure we’ll see the ‘Sunderland, big club, they won the Cup in ‘73 didn’t ya know, Bob Stokoe, Jim Montgomery double save, deserve to be in the Prem, fantastic support’ bollòcks that we suffered with the cast of a hundred thousand last season.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Black cats Match thread....... on 07:14 - Aug 14 with 2032 viewsE17hoop

Anyone else caught up in the traffic on the M1 last night? Official coach got back at 1.15 this morning.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Championship Playoffs - who's going up?

Black cats Match thread....... on 08:19 - Aug 14 with 1880 viewsNorthantsHoop

Tyler Roberts made a massive difference when he came on, lots of pace and driving at the 18 yard box, especially led to Chair's great freekick.Thought Mick Beale left other changes a bit too late, although Armstrong looks another speedy option. Think we know that Shopido is not an attacking option and Hermianen is not up to the job. I like Kakay he tries and is capable in the right back role, worth perservering with him.
Black cats Match thread....... on 09:27 - Aug 14 with 1713 viewsOldPedro

Black cats Match thread....... on 08:19 - Aug 14 by NorthantsHoop

Tyler Roberts made a massive difference when he came on, lots of pace and driving at the 18 yard box, especially led to Chair's great freekick.Thought Mick Beale left other changes a bit too late, although Armstrong looks another speedy option. Think we know that Shopido is not an attacking option and Hermianen is not up to the job. I like Kakay he tries and is capable in the right back role, worth perservering with him.

One of the problems yesterday for both our full backs, was when they received the ball in our half, they rarely had a passing option other than to go back inside. This led to Niko giving the ball away cheaply and Ossie trying to cut back inside an beat his man.

This was caused by out midfield and front 3 being very narrow. Early in the 2nd half, Chair started to take up positions on the left touchline and immediately gave Niko another option which he used well on a couple of occasions

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Black cats Match thread....... on 14:38 - Aug 14 with 1497 viewsPinnerPaul

Black cats Match thread....... on 16:34 - Aug 13 by qprd

at some point, its becoming apparent that we cant get a result out of this match

we have another match in 3 days

why not give someone like chair a breather so hes fresher for tuesday?

Hindsight is a wonderful thing
Black cats Match thread....... on 14:40 - Aug 14 with 1491 viewshantssi

Black cats Match thread....... on 07:02 - Aug 14 by DWQPR

Looks like the Mackems have taken over the self-righteous mantel from the Florist faithful for this season. If they are up near the top this season then I’m sure we’ll see the ‘Sunderland, big club, they won the Cup in ‘73 didn’t ya know, Bob Stokoe, Jim Montgomery double save, deserve to be in the Prem, fantastic support’ bollòcks that we suffered with the cast of a hundred thousand last season.

Bear in mind their manager is king of the shi*thousery!
Black cats Match thread....... on 14:43 - Aug 14 with 1483 viewsPinnerPaul

Black cats Match thread....... on 16:56 - Aug 13 by Antti_Heinola

Anyone want to post to the Seny Dieng love him or hate him thread?

Easy after the event tbf.

Want to have a look at what you posted pre match on this very thread!
Black cats Match thread....... on 14:50 - Aug 14 with 1462 viewsPinnerPaul

Black cats Match thread....... on 18:21 - Aug 13 by QPR_Hibs

And what does that achieve for Sunderland? Chair may miss 3 games (none of which will be against Sunderland)

With all due respect think that is nonsense, clubs can't appeal for red cards not given.
Black cats Match thread....... on 14:53 - Aug 14 with 1447 viewsPinnerPaul

Black cats Match thread....... on 20:17 - Aug 13 by terryb

That sounds just like a lot of our fans after a game!

Funny how it's always the other side that is physical & full of gamesmanship rather than your own team!

Yep and its always the losing manager/fans who think the ref was awful.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024