Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Total ban on booze then . 10:33 - Nov 18 with 2745 viewsonehunglow

I read the Qatari “”royal family” are demanding a total ban on booze now.
If this goes ahead,it will mean FIFA would be in breach of contract with Budweiser .
To be honest,it’s given me more reason to be interested now in this dirty tournament .

Granted it’s rare to see Wales qualify but of all the places ,it makes it even sadder we did not qualify for Argentina and Mexico and others

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Total ban on booze then . on 11:43 - Nov 18 with 1683 viewsdemonk

They've just banned all alchohol sales in the stadiums just now might be the start
Total ban on booze then . on 12:05 - Nov 18 with 1658 viewsjojaca

When you go to other countries, you have to respect their culture and rules. Its not the end of the world having alcohol ban. Fans will wake up the following day and be grateful that they have no hungover.

Even when you know, you never know?

Total ban on booze then . on 12:21 - Nov 18 with 1645 viewsBryanSwan

Total ban on booze then . on 12:05 - Nov 18 by jojaca

When you go to other countries, you have to respect their culture and rules. Its not the end of the world having alcohol ban. Fans will wake up the following day and be grateful that they have no hungover.

Respect their culture and rules, have a day off.
They've killed thousands of migrant slave workers and bribed their way to host a world cup.
One that'll be so poorly attended they are paying more migrant slave workers to pretend to be fans.

I fear for our fans going out there, they are going to have tk be incredibly careful or they might not be returning home when expected.

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

(No subject) (n/t) on 12:25 - Nov 18 with 1638 viewsonehunglow

Total ban on booze then . on 12:21 - Nov 18 by BryanSwan

They've killed thousands of migrant slave workers and bribed their way to host a world cup.
One that'll be so poorly attended they are paying more migrant slave workers to pretend to be fans.

I fear for our fans going out there, they are going to have tk be incredibly careful or they might not be returning home when expected.

Total ban on booze then . on 12:25 - Nov 18 with 1638 viewsFireboy2

I'm so glad I'm not going now, this is the start of alot of backtracking.
Total ban on booze then . on 12:29 - Nov 18 with 1637 viewsonehunglow

Total ban on booze then . on 12:25 - Nov 18 by Fireboy2

I'm so glad I'm not going now, this is the start of alot of backtracking.

It shows their word cannot be trusted
Imagine the covering up of human right abuse there

Nobody needs to drink alcohol but FIFA have badly misjudged this whole filthy farrago of lies .

Alcohol is just one part of this

Total ban on booze then . on 12:36 - Nov 18 with 1632 viewsRobbie

Read a report this week , extras had been gathered , kitted out in England shirts and flags waiting for the England team to arrive at their base and cheer wildly as the coach passed .

Regarding alcohol, if it keeps some of the fans levelheaded instead of going a bit silly then in the long term it might be a benefit , as mentioned earlier , get a bit lively out there , even in jest , outlook is not good for those charged .

Unfortunately any country nowadays will have dark secrets , back in 2018 the world celebrated when Russia put on a show , look what happened there .
Total ban on booze then . on 15:43 - Nov 18 with 1508 viewsReslovenSwan1

It demonstrates how incompetent and reckless FIFA are. It should have been in the contract. Tight as a drum

No alcohol for fans and no adequate water or shade for construction staff. No sign of any goodwill compensation for lives lost either.

Remember Al Jasiyra TV is the mouthpiece of Qatar and their concerns about the disadvantaged must be considered sanctimonious.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Login to get fewer ads

Total ban on booze then . on 16:33 - Nov 18 with 1465 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Total ban on booze then . on 15:43 - Nov 18 by ReslovenSwan1

It demonstrates how incompetent and reckless FIFA are. It should have been in the contract. Tight as a drum

No alcohol for fans and no adequate water or shade for construction staff. No sign of any goodwill compensation for lives lost either.

Remember Al Jasiyra TV is the mouthpiece of Qatar and their concerns about the disadvantaged must be considered sanctimonious.

It's okay, Harry Kane is going to wear a rainbow armband....that will show the feckers.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Total ban on booze then . on 16:51 - Nov 18 with 1448 viewsunion_jack

Total ban on booze then . on 16:33 - Nov 18 by JACKMANANDBOY

It's okay, Harry Kane is going to wear a rainbow armband....that will show the feckers.

It’ll have a far greater effect than Drakeford’s presence though. Good on him.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Total ban on booze then . on 17:35 - Nov 18 with 1411 viewsCatullus

Total ban on booze then . on 16:51 - Nov 18 by union_jack

It’ll have a far greater effect than Drakeford’s presence though. Good on him.

Drakefords presence is laughable, what effect does he really think he'll have? He knows he's just there for the jolly, to see the football for free and be royally spoilt as the ruling elite by their way into acceptance.

Mind you, seeing as we already buy more gas from Qatar, contracts signed I think, we are already bought and paid for.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Total ban on booze then . on 17:43 - Nov 18 with 1409 viewsonehunglow

Total ban on booze then . on 15:43 - Nov 18 by ReslovenSwan1

Agree with that

Total ban on booze then . on 18:38 - Nov 18 with 1377 viewshobo

Total ban on booze then . on 12:21 - Nov 18 by BryanSwan

Why is this nonsense about them killing thousands of migrant workers still being thrown around
Total ban on booze then . on 19:01 - Nov 18 with 1351 viewsKeithHaynes

Total ban on booze then . on 18:38 - Nov 18 by hobo

Why is this nonsense about them killing thousands of migrant workers still being thrown around

Because there are over 6,000 cases.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Total ban on booze then . on 19:11 - Nov 18 with 1345 viewsCatullus

Total ban on booze then . on 18:38 - Nov 18 by hobo

There have been over 6500 deaths amongst migrant workers, it's not nonsense.

I think this alcohol ban was always the plan, they just left it til now because it's too late to do anything about it.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Total ban on booze then . on 19:13 - Nov 18 with 1340 viewshobo

Total ban on booze then . on 19:01 - Nov 18 by KeithHaynes

There have been 6000 migrant deaths over the last 12 years. The poster above claims Qatar killed them

Deaths happen. The migrant population of Qatar isn't far off the population off Wales. They work in shops, as maids etc Most have nothing to do at all with the World Cup
[Post edited 18 Nov 2022 19:16]
Total ban on booze then . on 19:16 - Nov 18 with 1332 viewsBryanSwan

Total ban on booze then . on 19:01 - Nov 18 by KeithHaynes

They state 6500 people were killed, but they believe the true figure to be even higher again.
Some people would rather bury their heads in the sand.

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

Total ban on booze then . on 19:20 - Nov 18 with 1324 viewsReslovenSwan1

Total ban on booze then . on 19:13 - Nov 18 by hobo

There have been 6000 migrant deaths over the last 12 years. The poster above claims Qatar killed them

Deaths happen. The migrant population of Qatar isn't far off the population off Wales. They work in shops, as maids etc Most have nothing to do at all with the World Cup
[Post edited 18 Nov 2022 19:16]

They were working under close to slavery terms. This might have been the way they do things over there after all there has been a construction boom for 50 years. Until now it never seems to have been an issue.

FIFA's ineptitude is one thing but total hypocrisy is quite another with their "one world people united" rhetoric. (or the latest PR driven crap), People are right to call out this stomach churning hypocrisy shared with the loathsome money machine Beckham.

Total ban on booze then . on 19:23 - Nov 18 with 1317 viewsraynor94

Total ban on booze then . on 19:16 - Nov 18 by BryanSwan

They state 6500 people were killed, but they believe the true figure to be even higher again.
Some people would rather bury their heads in the sand.

Hobo just likes being Contrary

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Total ban on booze then . on 19:33 - Nov 18 with 1307 viewshobo

Total ban on booze then . on 19:23 - Nov 18 by raynor94

Hobo just likes being Contrary

Hobo just speaks too much sense
Total ban on booze then . on 19:34 - Nov 18 with 1305 viewsFireboy2

Total ban on booze then . on 19:11 - Nov 18 by Catullus

There have been over 6500 deaths amongst migrant workers, it's not nonsense.

I think this alcohol ban was always the plan, they just left it til now because it's too late to do anything about it.

This ^

It's a farce and imo the start of more things to come.

So glad I didn't go now.
Total ban on booze then . on 19:58 - Nov 18 with 1293 viewsonehunglow

Total ban on booze then . on 19:34 - Nov 18 by Fireboy2

This ^

It's a farce and imo the start of more things to come.

So glad I didn't go now.

It’s morally indefensible.

Total ban on booze then . on 20:37 - Nov 18 with 1253 viewsReslovenSwan1

Total ban on booze then . on 17:35 - Nov 18 by Catullus

Drakefords presence is laughable, what effect does he really think he'll have? He knows he's just there for the jolly, to see the football for free and be royally spoilt as the ruling elite by their way into acceptance.

Mind you, seeing as we already buy more gas from Qatar, contracts signed I think, we are already bought and paid for.

Drakefords presence is not laughable. In fact I would say it is creditable. Drakeford does not even like football although he no doubt will have nice hotel facilities and a reasonable entertainment budget. He does not come over as the sort of bloke to overdo things.

He is there to do a job and charm the Arabs and raise the profile of Wales. His job is not to promote 'Gay' issues or lobby the Muslims to relax their religious beliefs. If he did, that would be laughable.

I Have made the parallel with UK position on 'abortion on demand'. If a Texan evangelist came over to lobby Ravi Sunak on this at the next NFL match between the Cowboys and the Dolphins at Tottenham he would be given short shrift and told to butt out creating a bad atmosphere.

Drakeford should be focusing on getting the Qatar airway back at CWL airport and investment for struggling Welsh based firms like Aston Martin or in the new transport or renewable energy fields. Good old fashioned networking. It is their big few weeks in the global spotlight.

Total ban on booze then . on 21:08 - Nov 18 with 1235 viewsmax936

Total ban on booze then . on 20:37 - Nov 18 by ReslovenSwan1

Drakefords presence is not laughable. In fact I would say it is creditable. Drakeford does not even like football although he no doubt will have nice hotel facilities and a reasonable entertainment budget. He does not come over as the sort of bloke to overdo things.

He is there to do a job and charm the Arabs and raise the profile of Wales. His job is not to promote 'Gay' issues or lobby the Muslims to relax their religious beliefs. If he did, that would be laughable.

I Have made the parallel with UK position on 'abortion on demand'. If a Texan evangelist came over to lobby Ravi Sunak on this at the next NFL match between the Cowboys and the Dolphins at Tottenham he would be given short shrift and told to butt out creating a bad atmosphere.

Drakeford should be focusing on getting the Qatar airway back at CWL airport and investment for struggling Welsh based firms like Aston Martin or in the new transport or renewable energy fields. Good old fashioned networking. It is their big few weeks in the global spotlight.

So you want Wales to have closer links with the despot regime of Qatar so that it brings more business and wealth to Wales.

Unbelievable, dear me.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Total ban on booze then . on 21:22 - Nov 18 with 1219 viewsReslovenSwan1

Total ban on booze then . on 21:08 - Nov 18 by max936

So you want Wales to have closer links with the despot regime of Qatar so that it brings more business and wealth to Wales.

Unbelievable, dear me.

Have you heard of China, Pakistan, Turkiye Saudi Arabia, Brasil? Qatar put gas in your oven. How about Russian gas?. it is cheaper. USA gas come from fracking. Russian are Christians and have the backing of the Russian Church.

How Qataris live is up to them. They have stability and wealth for all their people while Yemen is burning and their children starve.

As I have explained our hands are not clean either. I have brought to your attentions Southern USA evangelists believe our attitude the the unborn child is lamentable.

If you own a shop you have to sell to people you neither like nor agree with. UK is a trading nation.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024