Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rainbow armband 07:41 - Nov 21 with 2556 viewsWhiterockin

If Kane and Bale receive the yellow card on entering the playing area as suggested, should the team walk off and withdraw. Biggest statement possible.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Rainbow armband on 08:13 - Nov 21 with 1537 viewsjackal

If they don't take it off will they then receive a second yellow and be sent off?
Rainbow armband on 08:17 - Nov 21 with 1532 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

If they got sent off they could stop.pretending they didn't want to be there.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Rainbow armband on 08:18 - Nov 21 with 1531 viewsmart66

No.

If they felt that strongly then they shouldn’t have gone and used their image and likeness to promote and fund the country as a host, taking up a place in the squad where someone would have happily accepted instead and had no problem being open and humble in their hypocrisy and just play football.

Now they are there as a result of deciding their personal interests were more important than whatever it is they are now claiming to be campaigning for, they should accept they are hypocrites and have enough humility to get on with playing football.

It’s a bit like going to an ISIS convention as a paid ambassador and wearing an “acceptance for all” shoe lace and thinking that makes up for it. It’s transparent, shallow and should be utterly offensive to those who they claim to be supporting.

It’s simply a personal cleansing campaign to make them feel better about themselves. Nothing more. Wonder how much Bale and Kane give every week to the campaign they suddenly find themselves feeling so strongly about, they must earn the best part of a million a week between them, wonder how long they have been donating for.

My guess is 0, and I reckon you could backdate it for 5 years and it would still be 0.

Official Intellectual Property of Dr P. Registered Trademark.

Rainbow armband on 08:57 - Nov 21 with 1497 viewsjack247

No.

However strongly they feel about it, I’d bet a lot of money it pales in comparison to captaining their country at a World Cup.

It’s tokenism to an extent, but I don’t personally see anything wrong with the stance they are taking. I think it’s ok to want to highlight an issue, but not enough to refuse to play. I don’t thing prioritising is necessarily hypocritical.

Qatar and FIFA stamping their feet about this gives it more airtime than if they’d just been allowed to wear rainbow armbands without opposition.
Rainbow armband on 09:30 - Nov 21 with 1465 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Rainbow armband on 08:57 - Nov 21 by jack247

No.

However strongly they feel about it, I’d bet a lot of money it pales in comparison to captaining their country at a World Cup.

It’s tokenism to an extent, but I don’t personally see anything wrong with the stance they are taking. I think it’s ok to want to highlight an issue, but not enough to refuse to play. I don’t thing prioritising is necessarily hypocritical.

Qatar and FIFA stamping their feet about this gives it more airtime than if they’d just been allowed to wear rainbow armbands without opposition.

FIFA the most corrupt sporting body in the World. Hardly surprising they are no threatening to take action under pressure from their paymasters Qatar.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Rainbow armband on 09:41 - Nov 21 with 1457 viewsYrAlarch

Rainbow armband on 08:57 - Nov 21 by jack247

No.

It's just virtue signalling yet again.

Remember the NHS during the pandemic. Johnson and his cohorts standing in the street clapping. Now the Government are shafting it's 'hero' workers to the extent that they are voting for strike action.
Rainbow armband on 09:48 - Nov 21 with 1445 viewsjack247

Rainbow armband on 09:41 - Nov 21 by YrAlarch

Remember the NHS during the pandemic. Johnson and his cohorts standing in the street clapping. Now the Government are shafting it's 'hero' workers to the extent that they are voting for strike action.

I agree. Virtue signaling, tokenism, whatever you want to call it, no way either of them pull out of the tournament if their only options are ditch the armband or go home.

I still don’t see an issue with the stance they have taken though.

I don’t think it’s accurate to draw parallels with clapping the NHS. The government have a significant impact on NHS pay, working conditions etc. Bale and Kane just have a platform.

It’s more realistic to compare it to celebrities clapping nurses, even though it’s a long way from their biggest concern.
Rainbow armband on 09:49 - Nov 21 with 1444 viewsBest_loser

They aren't stupid enough to issue cards for an armband , it would result in Wales and England walking off and straight to the airport
Login to get fewer ads

Rainbow armband on 09:51 - Nov 21 with 1429 viewsunion_jack

Rainbow armband on 09:49 - Nov 21 by Best_loser

They aren't stupid enough to issue cards for an armband , it would result in Wales and England walking off and straight to the airport

Well, both Kane and Bale have decided NOT to wear them now!

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Rainbow armband on 09:53 - Nov 21 with 1432 viewsKeithHaynes

Rainbow armband on 08:17 - Nov 21 by JACKMANANDBOY

If they got sent off they could stop.pretending they didn't want to be there.

Then if that’s the case, both sides should get their players sent off down to the minimum by also wearing the arm band as each one is dismissed. That really would give FIFA something to think about. If they get yellow cards and subsequently a red this game should not start.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Rainbow armband on 09:58 - Nov 21 with 1423 viewsfelixstowe_jack

INot noticed Drakeford and Sturgeon rushing to pay Nurses in Scotland and Wales the 17% pay rise they are after.

Rainbow armband on 10:06 - Nov 21 with 1405 viewsBest_loser

Rainbow armband on 09:51 - Nov 21 by union_jack

Well, both Kane and Bale have decided NOT to wear them now!

After FIFA threatened sanctions , wonder what they were
Rainbow armband on 10:06 - Nov 21 with 1391 viewsunion_jack

Rainbow armband on 10:06 - Nov 21 by Best_loser

After FIFA threatened sanctions , wonder what they were

Yellow cards.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Rainbow armband on 10:08 - Nov 21 with 1388 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Looks like Wales and England have backed down under orders from FIFA and Qatar. So much for the World Cup bringing enlighten to Qatar.

Rainbow armband on 10:08 - Nov 21 with 1388 viewsKeithHaynes

Well as a result of the disciplinary threat both England and Wales won’t be wearing armbands.,

Rainbow armband on 10:09 - Nov 21 with 1381 viewsKeithHaynes

Rainbow armband on 10:08 - Nov 21 by felixstowe_jack

Looks like Wales and England have backed down under orders from FIFA and Qatar. So much for the World Cup bringing enlighten to Qatar.

It was an excellent chance to carry through the words with action.

Rainbow armband on 10:09 - Nov 21 with 1378 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Rainbow armband on 09:53 - Nov 21 by KeithHaynes

Then if that’s the case, both sides should get their players sent off down to the minimum by also wearing the arm band as each one is dismissed. That really would give FIFA something to think about. If they get yellow cards and subsequently a red this game should not start.

It is about standing up for your principles rather than pretending you are standing up for your principles. Looks like they have decided their principles are not worth a yellow card.
This looks like rather like a farce now.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Rainbow armband on 10:11 - Nov 21 with 1368 viewsraynor94

Health is devolved in Wales, Didn't Drakeford and his cohorts clap in the street?

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Rainbow armband on 10:24 - Nov 21 with 1350 viewsBest_loser

Rainbow armband on 10:06 - Nov 21 by union_jack

Yellow cards.

A fine would have come before a yellow card apparently , all this should have been clarified ages ago, not a few hours before a game , what a mess
Rainbow armband on 10:32 - Nov 21 with 1337 viewstheloneranger

Rainbow armband on 10:24 - Nov 21 by Best_loser

A fine would have come before a yellow card apparently , all this should have been clarified ages ago, not a few hours before a game , what a mess

"The governing bodies said they had written to Fifa in September informing them about the OneLove armband but not received a response.

"Fifa has been very clear that it will impose sporting sanctions if our captains wear the armbands on the field of play," the statement added.

"We were prepared to pay fines that would normally apply to breaches of kit regulations and had a strong commitment to wearing the armband.

"However, we cannot put our players in the situation where they might be booked or even forced to leave the field of play."

In response, Fifa has brought forward its own "No Discrimination" campaign., which had been due to start from the quarter-finals.

Captains will now be permitted to wear a No Discrimination armband for the duration of the tournament. "

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Rainbow armband on 10:37 - Nov 21 with 1328 viewspencoedjack

Rainbow armband on 10:11 - Nov 21 by raynor94

Health is devolved in Wales, Didn't Drakeford and his cohorts clap in the street?

He could also put taxes up on the Welsh public if he felt that strongly about it.
Rainbow armband on 10:45 - Nov 21 with 1313 viewsonehunglow

Rainbow armband on 10:08 - Nov 21 by felixstowe_jack

Wales .and they’re some thinking we were better than anyone.
Let’s get the fark out of there

All countries should ideally simply get out

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Rainbow armband on 11:31 - Nov 21 with 1301 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Rainbow armband on 10:32 - Nov 21 by theloneranger

"The governing bodies said they had written to Fifa in September informing them about the OneLove armband but not received a response.

"Fifa has been very clear that it will impose sporting sanctions if our captains wear the armbands on the field of play," the statement added.

"We were prepared to pay fines that would normally apply to breaches of kit regulations and had a strong commitment to wearing the armband.

"However, we cannot put our players in the situation where they might be booked or even forced to leave the field of play."

In response, Fifa has brought forward its own "No Discrimination" campaign., which had been due to start from the quarter-finals.

Captains will now be permitted to wear a No Discrimination armband for the duration of the tournament. "

But only a no discrimination armband according to the laws of Qatar which clearly allows discrimination.

Rainbow armband on 11:35 - Nov 21 with 1292 viewsBoundy

Rainbow armband on 09:49 - Nov 21 by Best_loser

IMO FIFA wouldn't care a jot if they did , the point is monies have changed hands , contracts for filled , contractors paid , football is secondary

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Rainbow armband on 11:36 - Nov 21 with 1291 viewsYrAlarch

Rainbow armband on 10:11 - Nov 21 by raynor94

I don't disagree with you. I just used Johnson as an example of the hypocracy of it all.
Just like what is happening in Qatar.
Bale and Kane backing down just proves the point.
[Post edited 21 Nov 2022 11:48]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024