Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
January Wishlist - Non-Playing Ideas 16:23 - Jan 3 with 5035 viewsHullDale

Ahead of the 'fan army' initiative being announced, I've had a think about what we could realistically see over the coming weeks to help stimulate some positive off the pitch movement. There'll be plenty of people with better ideas I'm sure, but hopefully this is a starting point.

1. Wilbutts Lane billboard.
Get it updated with upcoming fixtures, advertise ticket offers and have some eye catching / exciting imagery on there. I'd guess the cost would be low hundreds, and if that is out of reach I wonder if its something the Trust could support until the end of the season? One change at the start of each month.

2. Add value to existing sponsors
Update all player imagery (social media / scoreboard) with images of their player sponsors (currently they are only shown on the starting eleven gif)... have names of sponsors read out during squad announcements and subs over the tannoy, and use every opportunity available to give the sponsors a plug (Barrow did this BRILLIANTLY). Make a big deal of this additional exposure, and tell all sponsors about it.

3. Reach out to existing and lapsed sponsors
Get the commercial team on the phone and talking to past and present sponsors. Tell them about the added value they are now getting from point 2, and offer them a couple of free tickets to every match this month. For any that take up the offer, have the commercial team meet them on matchday and introduce themselves in person rather than just a faceless phone or email contact.

4. Offer half season sponsorship opportunities
This could put sponsoring a player etc in the reach of more 'fans' than 'businesses'... we know that more than half the current squad are unsponsored, so why not offer 2 packages for the second half of the season? One at £250 that includes sponsorship and 4x hospitality tickets, or an option at £110 for sponsorship only?

5. January Sale on hospitality
From the outside looking in we struggle to currently sell our hospitality at £45... why not do a January sale offer of £25/30 per head, make it brilliant (even if we break even on the offering, we should do more behind the bar / raffle etc) and give people an incentive to use it again - £5/£10 off a repeat booking for a game this season.

6. Increase & diversify social media output
Start engaging with the fanbase in a more meaningful way. Player profiles, clips from training, an insight into weekly goings on etc. We haven't heard from the club captain since he signed, that would be a start. Vary the content, make it engaging, and run daily / 2/3x weekly competitions for those that like and share content... its widely documented that we need to start reaching people outside the direct fanbase, and high quality social media content is a quick win in this day and age.

7. Player availability
Get a couple of players not in the matchday squad available for meet and greet around the ground on matchdays, maybe with Desmond. Encourage kids to get photos / autographs, and start making memories. To a 5/6/7 year old kid, it probably doesn't matter who the player is - meeting a professional player in full club tracksuit etc is going to be exciting.

8. Bars
Packer Street venues are closed now for over a week... get the commercial team working with them to advertise the FanZone before and after Saturday's game. Maybe 'happy hour all day' for people who quote that they've been sent to the fanzone from the Flying Horse / Empire / Yates etc... people who would normally drink there before / after games are a captive audience this weekend.

With the exception of the billboard, there is nothing above that requires a cash injection... we have teams of social / community / media people who can make all of the above happen.
[Post edited 3 Jan 2023 16:25]
January Wishlist - Non-Playing Ideas on 17:11 - Jan 3 with 4879 viewsHullDale

9. Club Shop
We already know we are changing kit supplier, so have a 'January get fit with Dale SALE'... heavily advertise Errea training / leisure / replica wear, and tie it in with people who may be getting into fitness for the new year. Sell through the stock we have, get some cash in the tills, advertise it alongside the fitness programmes the community trust lead. Better to have cash into the shop now rather than staggered over the coming months until the inevitable bargain bucket of £2 shorts and Tshirts.
January Wishlist - Non-Playing Ideas on 18:08 - Jan 3 with 4721 views49thseason

Good list HD, I think we could do more for and with sponsors, there doesnt seem to be even a full list of them on the official site. A sponsors lunch where they could all meet might be a selling point, lots of companies might buy a couple of season cards for their staff to us. ( I reckon there are probably 500 companies in town you could sell SCs to with the right deal) and I think its tax efficient too. There are of course, other advertising opportunities that could be thrown in like a scrolling list on the big screen atnevery game and sponsors for things like the Managers preview.

I can understand that people dont want to cold call companies, but if they have a decent list, with emails etc. It should be possible to have someone doing it more or less full time with a simple SC or sponsorship offer that was warmed up by email.

I see that bring a friend for £10 is being offered to SC holders but you have to get the ticket at the office. I wonder if they will collect the friends email as part of the process?
January Wishlist - Non-Playing Ideas on 18:11 - Jan 3 with 4713 viewsDaleiLama

January Wishlist - Non-Playing Ideas on 18:08 - Jan 3 by 49thseason

Good list HD, I think we could do more for and with sponsors, there doesnt seem to be even a full list of them on the official site. A sponsors lunch where they could all meet might be a selling point, lots of companies might buy a couple of season cards for their staff to us. ( I reckon there are probably 500 companies in town you could sell SCs to with the right deal) and I think its tax efficient too. There are of course, other advertising opportunities that could be thrown in like a scrolling list on the big screen atnevery game and sponsors for things like the Managers preview.

I can understand that people dont want to cold call companies, but if they have a decent list, with emails etc. It should be possible to have someone doing it more or less full time with a simple SC or sponsorship offer that was warmed up by email.

I see that bring a friend for £10 is being offered to SC holders but you have to get the ticket at the office. I wonder if they will collect the friends email as part of the process?

You can buy over the phone too. Which I just did. They didn't collect my friends email addy, but as she's my g/f and I buy her tickets anyway, it wouldn't have mattered on this occasion. They emailed the ticket to me.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

January Wishlist - Non-Playing Ideas on 18:50 - Jan 3 with 4611 viewsJames1980

Could the bring a friend ticket also double up as a voucher fiver off in the shop if spending a certain amount. Perhaps money off another game in Jan/Feb.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

January Wishlist - Non-Playing Ideas on 20:23 - Jan 3 with 4479 viewsHullDale

January Wishlist - Non-Playing Ideas on 18:11 - Jan 3 by DaleiLama

You can buy over the phone too. Which I just did. They didn't collect my friends email addy, but as she's my g/f and I buy her tickets anyway, it wouldn't have mattered on this occasion. They emailed the ticket to me.

I really, really hope this is picked up on and actioned straight away.

How do we monitor the success of the scheme, or the propensity of £10 visitors to revisit, if we don't collect their details?

We should be setting them up on our database as part of the offer and emailing them an offer (tenner off) for the Colchester game. If the system is advanced enough we should then email them another offer of a fiver off for Carlisle.

If they don't take up the Colchester game offer, email them again for Carlisle with a tenner off and a free programme / pie. Give people a reason to come back.

Commercially / Marketing-Wise we never really recovered from the missed Wembley opportunity... the latest accounts show we simply can't afford to miss any opportunities now. Doing things how we always did, or trusting people to do things differently off their own back, won't work.
January Wishlist - Non-Playing Ideas on 20:45 - Jan 3 with 4411 views49thseason

January Wishlist - Non-Playing Ideas on 20:23 - Jan 3 by HullDale

I really, really hope this is picked up on and actioned straight away.

How do we monitor the success of the scheme, or the propensity of £10 visitors to revisit, if we don't collect their details?

We should be setting them up on our database as part of the offer and emailing them an offer (tenner off) for the Colchester game. If the system is advanced enough we should then email them another offer of a fiver off for Carlisle.

If they don't take up the Colchester game offer, email them again for Carlisle with a tenner off and a free programme / pie. Give people a reason to come back.

Commercially / Marketing-Wise we never really recovered from the missed Wembley opportunity... the latest accounts show we simply can't afford to miss any opportunities now. Doing things how we always did, or trusting people to do things differently off their own back, won't work.

Does anyone know if they even have a CRM system?
https://www.pipedrive.com/ or something similar?
January Wishlist - Non-Playing Ideas on 12:52 - Jan 4 with 4078 viewsTrueDaleBlue

I was under the impression the Fan Led Army was an initiative that jobs could be undertaken by fans that would otherwise be an expense to the club, ie Painting, decorating, minor repairs to the stadium, roofing, electrical work etc. The ideas above, although all good and feasible, should be jobs that the paid employees of the club should be doing now as part of their job description. We now apparently employ three people in the commercial department that should be justifying their wages with all the ideas you mentioned above.
January Wishlist - Non-Playing Ideas on 13:12 - Jan 4 with 4026 viewsscooby

2. Add value to existing sponsors
Update all player imagery (social media / scoreboard) with images of their player sponsors (currently they are only shown on the starting eleven gif)...

Needs to amending to update the Fishul site team and reflect the players that are sponsored... I've sponsored Quiggers since Charman left, and although the match day logos are correct, the main site isnt. shoddy.
Login to get fewer ads

January Wishlist - Non-Playing Ideas on 13:50 - Jan 4 with 3953 viewsJames1980

On another thread some said the had heard new hotel was not going ahead.
https://www.rochdaleonline.co.uk/news-features/2/news-headlines/149767/the-big-p

This article says it is still happening.

Sorry being lazy and could find the relevant thread

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

January Wishlist - Non-Playing Ideas on 20:18 - Jan 5 with 3516 viewsitsallaboutthedale

Really good ideas here, agree the club could definitely use the bars to do more. Seems to engage more and are interested in feedback and ways to improve.

Loads of opportunities to use the ground/rooms, car park, maybe a car boot?

Definitely more opportunities of sponsorship options.
January Wishlist - Non-Playing Ideas on 20:26 - Jan 5 with 3497 viewsHullDale

Credit where its due...

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/teams/first-team/

Loads of new sponsors have appeared today... so either the website hadn't been updated or the commercial team have got their phonebooks out. Either way, small steps in the right direction!
January Wishlist - Non-Playing Ideas on 20:57 - Jan 5 with 3432 viewsTVOS1907

January Wishlist - Non-Playing Ideas on 20:26 - Jan 5 by HullDale

Credit where its due...

Loads of new sponsors have appeared today... so either the website hadn't been updated or the commercial team have got their phonebooks out. Either way, small steps in the right direction!

I'm not sure what was there before, but those sponsors have been in place on the player sponsors page in TVOS all season...

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

January Wishlist - Non-Playing Ideas on 21:04 - Jan 5 with 3424 viewsHullDale

January Wishlist - Non-Playing Ideas on 20:57 - Jan 5 by TVOS1907

I'm not sure what was there before, but those sponsors have been in place on the player sponsors page in TVOS all season...

More than half the players had blank spaces instead of sponsors logos, so looks like it was a case of the site not being updated to show them.

Good opportunity now to contact sponsors with direct links to that page etc, and start other conversations with them.
January Wishlist - Non-Playing Ideas on 21:15 - Jan 5 with 3405 viewsTVOS1907

January Wishlist - Non-Playing Ideas on 21:04 - Jan 5 by HullDale

More than half the players had blank spaces instead of sponsors logos, so looks like it was a case of the site not being updated to show them.

Good opportunity now to contact sponsors with direct links to that page etc, and start other conversations with them.

Definitely.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

January Wishlist - Non-Playing Ideas on 08:33 - Jan 6 with 3251 viewsscooby

January Wishlist - Non-Playing Ideas on 20:26 - Jan 5 by HullDale

Credit where its due...

i dropped a prompt to sort it... good to see they reacted to be fair
January Wishlist - Non-Playing Ideas on 17:44 - Jan 14 with 2912 viewsHullDale

In the interest of fairness, it was good to see the club shop selling tickets for the WMG before the game today - a step closer to a cash turnstile.

It was also good to see sponsorship advertised for Lloyd when he signed the extension, although that seemed to be a one off as there was no mention of it when Eastwood signed.
January Wishlist - Non-Playing Ideas on 18:09 - Jan 14 with 2826 views442Dale

January Wishlist - Non-Playing Ideas on 17:44 - Jan 14 by HullDale

In the interest of fairness, it was good to see the club shop selling tickets for the WMG before the game today - a step closer to a cash turnstile.

It was also good to see sponsorship advertised for Lloyd when he signed the extension, although that seemed to be a one off as there was no mention of it when Eastwood signed.

I saw that sign on the club shop. Was it publicised beforehand?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

January Wishlist - Non-Playing Ideas on 11:19 - Jan 15 with 2546 viewsHullDale

January Wishlist - Non-Playing Ideas on 18:09 - Jan 14 by 442Dale

I saw that sign on the club shop. Was it publicised beforehand?

Not that I saw.

Today we are advertising a new fitness programme : https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2023/january/fitdalereturns_jan23/

This is yet another missed opportunity to advertise some fitness wear in the club shop, we have either made a conscious decision not to, or don't have the basic commercial acumen and joined up thinking to make it happen.

Maybe participants could go to the club shop online and buy an RAFC mug or water bottle to drink their healthy drinks from. Or an RAFC pen to track their progress in a diary. Or maybe not.
[Post edited 15 Jan 2023 11:23]
January Wishlist - Non-Playing Ideas on 11:48 - Jan 15 with 2507 views442Dale

January Wishlist - Non-Playing Ideas on 11:19 - Jan 15 by HullDale

Not that I saw.

Today we are advertising a new fitness programme : https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2023/january/fitdalereturns_jan23/

This is yet another missed opportunity to advertise some fitness wear in the club shop, we have either made a conscious decision not to, or don't have the basic commercial acumen and joined up thinking to make it happen.

Maybe participants could go to the club shop online and buy an RAFC mug or water bottle to drink their healthy drinks from. Or an RAFC pen to track their progress in a diary. Or maybe not.
[Post edited 15 Jan 2023 11:23]

Crucial word: basic.

It’s been a problem for forever.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024