Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swans stalemate brings up another unwanted set of six for QPR - Report 03:31 - Jan 23 with 5297 viewsNorthernr

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/59410
Swans stalemate brings up another unwanted set of six for QPR - Report on 08:16 - Jan 23 with 3559 viewsNortholt_Rs

Great write up. Summed it up perfectly based on what I watched on Saturday: two very mediocre sides. LR was like a morgue….and missing 3 sitters didn’t help. P1sspoor.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Swans stalemate brings up another unwanted set of six for QPR - Report on 09:19 - Jan 23 with 3411 viewsTheChef

If Lowe had a left foot he sticks that in the open goal - but no he has to try and work it on to his right. Really boils my piss how these pros train virtually every day and still most of them can't use both feet adequately!!

Oh and I thought the ref and assistants were useless, seems the ref left his cards in the dressing room. Both sides should have had a couple of yellows at the very least.

This game felt the epitome of mid table mediocrity. It was my first visit to LR for a couple of months and we can play when we feel like it, but generally we have totally lost our zip and intensity from earlier in the season (blame Beale - but the players can still pull their fingers out). Barring a miraculous upturn in form in the last third of the season, this feels like yet another wasted season. Sigh.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Swans stalemate brings up another unwanted set of six for QPR - Report on 09:21 - Jan 23 with 3395 viewsderbyhoop

Missed chances, brain dead options and fading fitness led to Swansea dominating last 20 minutes.
The loss of Laird and Dykes limited Critchley's choices but I thought he moved far too late and took the wrong options when he did.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Swans stalemate brings up another unwanted set of six for QPR - Report on 09:24 - Jan 23 with 3390 viewsTheChef

Swans stalemate brings up another unwanted set of six for QPR - Report on 09:21 - Jan 23 by derbyhoop

Missed chances, brain dead options and fading fitness led to Swansea dominating last 20 minutes.
The loss of Laird and Dykes limited Critchley's choices but I thought he moved far too late and took the wrong options when he did.

Unfortunately (?) it seems Critchley is not a fan of an early/proactive sub. I'm not sure he has made a tactical sub before the 70th minute?

Swans stalemate brings up another unwanted set of six for QPR - Report on 09:34 - Jan 23 with 3357 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I thought we were quite good on Saturday, bar the finishing.

Great press, loads of turnovers, good chances created. Lots to like.

I thought our press malfunctioned even before Dykes' injury, though, as soon as they went to three at the back and started to speed up their passing. Worryingly, our management didn't/couldn't respond, and we lost control of the match immediately.

Edit: sp. check!
[Post edited 23 Jan 2023 10:01]

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Swans stalemate brings up another unwanted set of six for QPR - Report on 09:47 - Jan 23 with 3308 viewsdaveB

Swans stalemate brings up another unwanted set of six for QPR - Report on 09:21 - Jan 23 by derbyhoop

20 mins left he should have either gone to a back 3 or at the very least stuck a 3rd central midfield player on for Chair to keep control of the game. I'm hesitant to go in on the manager as I think a lot of the problems are the same as under the last 2 but that was poor from him.

Said it in another thread so apologies for repeating it but why Armstrong is not on the bench is bizarre. Was so effective the first 15 games coming on late or starting games and bullying defenders, now hardly seen since Birmingham away.
Swans stalemate brings up another unwanted set of six for QPR - Report on 09:50 - Jan 23 with 3289 viewsNortholt_Rs

Swans stalemate brings up another unwanted set of six for QPR - Report on 09:34 - Jan 23 by BrianMcCarthy

I thought our press malfunctioned even before Dykes' injury, though, as soon as they went to three at the back and started to speed up their passing. Worryingly, our management didn't/couldn't respond, and we lost control of the match immediately.

Exactly this Brian. We were hanging on for a point at the end in a game that should’ve been out of sight. LR was totally deflated. Critchley has got a big job on his hands to get these players believing…..they look shot.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Swans stalemate brings up another unwanted set of six for QPR - Report on 09:59 - Jan 23 with 3251 viewsQPROslo

Thought we played pretty well again without the finish.
Ref missed apparently clear holding of Dunne by 2 of theirs in their box right before they scored. It was a pen all day long. He also missed some bad tackles.
Login to get fewer ads

Swans stalemate brings up another unwanted set of six for QPR - Report on 10:01 - Jan 23 with 3238 viewsEastR

Swans stalemate brings up another unwanted set of six for QPR - Report on 09:34 - Jan 23 by BrianMcCarthy

You're dead right Brian. The change of shape from them at HT was the catalyst for everything that followed.
It did make them even more vulnerable at the back with their p*ss pass game, we couldn't take advantage, but gave them the opportunity on the flanks to get forward and score.
Poor decision making by our coaching team

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Swans stalemate brings up another unwanted set of six for QPR - Report on 10:03 - Jan 23 with 3227 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Swans stalemate brings up another unwanted set of six for QPR - Report on 09:59 - Jan 23 by QPROslo

Ref missed apparently clear holding of Dunne by 2 of theirs in their box right before they scored. It was a pen all day long. He also missed some bad tackles.

I'd forgotten that!

Stonewall peno.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Swans stalemate brings up another unwanted set of six for QPR - Report on 10:07 - Jan 23 with 3204 viewsWegerles_Stairs

With the lack of goals at the home end and our poor home record, it's hardly surprising the atmosphere is muted. Thought we played well though before bizarrely retreating that deep as though we were playing peak Barca.

Don't really get the criticism for Critchley - he's picking up the mess left by others mid-season and we are handicapped by the lack of options on the bench. Their subs added something; ours made us worse. He deserves the chance to bring in a few players. Love Albert but this really is one season too many.
Swans stalemate brings up another unwanted set of six for QPR - Report on 12:00 - Jan 23 with 2859 viewsNorthernr

I didn’t think we were particularly good or bad. I liked our set up and press to start with, I didn’t to finish with. Some better and proactive subs might be nice, but then there really isn’t much of anything on that bench (JCS and a back 3 would have been my shout too). Missed some great chances and you can’t do that.

It was just two mid table championship teams playing out a mid table championship game, both doing some really daft stuff. And the referee was fine, better than fine in fact.
Swans stalemate brings up another unwanted set of six for QPR - Report on 12:26 - Jan 23 with 2758 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Lots of stuff to like in that first half. I lost count of how many times we robbed the ball off them. We would have been fuming if that had been the other way round.

Ultimately it was the missed chances that did for us and I also thought it was a pen on Dunn. They changed shape and we were too deep. We needed a second really but on the plus side we did create more chances than recently.
Swans stalemate brings up another unwanted set of six for QPR - Report on 12:38 - Jan 23 with 2709 viewsAntti_Heinola

Swans stalemate brings up another unwanted set of six for QPR - Report on 12:00 - Jan 23 by Northernr

I didn’t think we were particularly good or bad. I liked our set up and press to start with, I didn’t to finish with. Some better and proactive subs might be nice, but then there really isn’t much of anything on that bench (JCS and a back 3 would have been my shout too). Missed some great chances and you can’t do that.

It was just two mid table championship teams playing out a mid table championship game, both doing some really daft stuff. And the referee was fine, better than fine in fact.

Have to agree about the ref. Thought he had a very good game - barely noticed him. Some around me screaming about offsides first half, but they're not very aware of the modern laws.

Bare bones.

Swans stalemate brings up another unwanted set of six for QPR - Report on 12:55 - Jan 23 with 2651 viewsdaveB

Swans stalemate brings up another unwanted set of six for QPR - Report on 12:00 - Jan 23 by Northernr

I know we don't have that much on the bench but just some fresh legs would have changed things. We did have Johansen, Dozzell, Adomah and Clarke Salter who have all started games this season, 2 of them probably start when fit as well. I found the sitting on our hands thing bizarre when the game was clearly getting away from us
Swans stalemate brings up another unwanted set of six for QPR - Report on 13:00 - Jan 23 with 2624 viewsWalnut

Swans stalemate brings up another unwanted set of six for QPR - Report on 09:59 - Jan 23 by QPROslo

I was going to ask exactly this. The passage of play that led to their goal started with a FK awarded to them after Dunne went tumbling in the box from our own FK. Did anyone see live or on TV if this was a deffo penalty to us rather than a FK to them?
Clutching at straws #2. For their goal, 2 Swans offside when the shot was struck, one at least MIGHT have been in Senys sightline, so a possible offside on another day?
Swans stalemate brings up another unwanted set of six for QPR - Report on 13:00 - Jan 23 with 2625 viewsNorthernr

Swans stalemate brings up another unwanted set of six for QPR - Report on 12:55 - Jan 23 by daveB

I know we don't have that much on the bench but just some fresh legs would have changed things. We did have Johansen, Dozzell, Adomah and Clarke Salter who have all started games this season, 2 of them probably start when fit as well. I found the sitting on our hands thing bizarre when the game was clearly getting away from us

JCS I would have had on, as I said.
We're not privvy to things like fitness, illness etc. Maybe Johansen was there literally so he could participate in the warm up by way of getting an extra training session into him on a Saturday?
I think he's slow with his subs generally, but then we were saying that about Beale too, Warbs got stick for his subs, McClaren basically ended up getting pushed over the edge by crowd reaction to one of his subs. My bet is, we won't like the next manager's subs either.
Swans stalemate brings up another unwanted set of six for QPR - Report on 13:11 - Jan 23 with 2571 viewsWegerles_Stairs

What is the deal with Richards? Is there any insider knowledge on what on earth is going on with him? He wasn't even on the bench. It's so bizarre because when he came on against Huddersfield he looked great.
Swans stalemate brings up another unwanted set of six for QPR - Report on 13:17 - Jan 23 with 2557 viewsTheChef

Swans stalemate brings up another unwanted set of six for QPR - Report on 13:11 - Jan 23 by Wegerles_Stairs

What is the deal with Richards? Is there any insider knowledge on what on earth is going on with him? He wasn't even on the bench. It's so bizarre because when he came on against Huddersfield he looked great.

Can only assume it's a fitness thing. But how long does it take to get to full fitness? Was he that knackered when he arrived?

Really did not think the ref was very good, certainly no better than others I've seen this season. But we all see the game differently I suppose!

Swans stalemate brings up another unwanted set of six for QPR - Report on 14:16 - Jan 23 with 2385 viewsAntti_Heinola

Swans stalemate brings up another unwanted set of six for QPR - Report on 13:00 - Jan 23 by Northernr

JCS I would have had on, as I said.
We're not privvy to things like fitness, illness etc. Maybe Johansen was there literally so he could participate in the warm up by way of getting an extra training session into him on a Saturday?
I think he's slow with his subs generally, but then we were saying that about Beale too, Warbs got stick for his subs, McClaren basically ended up getting pushed over the edge by crowd reaction to one of his subs. My bet is, we won't like the next manager's subs either.

I do think fans are a bit quick to shout 'CHANGE IT!'
A lot of comments on here saying that the game changed after HT - it really didn't. Swansea made no in-roads for another 25 mins.
At the weekend comms were berating Guardiola for not CHANGING IT at HT, but then they were 3-2 up in no time.
I didn't feel a third CB would've helped much - Dickie, Dunne and Dieng could've played in their club suits. Maybe an extra midfielder and going more 4-3-3?

Bare bones.

Swans stalemate brings up another unwanted set of six for QPR - Report on 14:52 - Jan 23 with 2283 viewsNorthernr

Swans stalemate brings up another unwanted set of six for QPR - Report on 14:16 - Jan 23 by Antti_Heinola

I do think fans are a bit quick to shout 'CHANGE IT!'
A lot of comments on here saying that the game changed after HT - it really didn't. Swansea made no in-roads for another 25 mins.
At the weekend comms were berating Guardiola for not CHANGING IT at HT, but then they were 3-2 up in no time.
I didn't feel a third CB would've helped much - Dickie, Dunne and Dieng could've played in their club suits. Maybe an extra midfielder and going more 4-3-3?

The game changed when Dykes went off, and TBF there wasn't a Dykes equivalent on the bench was there?
Swans stalemate brings up another unwanted set of six for QPR - Report on 14:55 - Jan 23 with 2279 viewsPinnerPaul

Did say before they scored SJ for Tim was my shout.

Not much point him being on the bench if he couldn't even manage 20 mins.

I thought ref was fine as well.

1st JL missed chance that DID hit the bar looked quite difficult live from T block, 2nd one he should score though.
Swans stalemate brings up another unwanted set of six for QPR - Report on 14:58 - Jan 23 with 2271 viewsPinnerPaul

Swans stalemate brings up another unwanted set of six for QPR - Report on 12:38 - Jan 23 by Antti_Heinola

Have to agree about the ref. Thought he had a very good game - barely noticed him. Some around me screaming about offsides first half, but they're not very aware of the modern laws.

People scream for offside everytime the ball played forward AH!

Only one decision that got me out of my seat was when Roberts challenged their player (NOT Manning ugh) and he threw himself to the ground as TR was bearing down on goal and AR gave the foul - never for me.

Manning foul 1st half could have been a yellow but then he let Field off with a similar tactical foul, so consistent within the game, which is all you can ask for.

Dunne pen claim, didn't see live, will watch 90' later & see what I think.
Swans stalemate brings up another unwanted set of six for QPR - Report on 15:17 - Jan 23 with 2225 viewsBlue_Castello

Swans stalemate brings up another unwanted set of six for QPR - Report on 14:52 - Jan 23 by Northernr

The game changed when Dykes went off, and TBF there wasn't a Dykes equivalent on the bench was there?

Agreed Dykes going off changed the game a lot, it was about ten minutes after that I said we need JCS on now, a back three gives you more defensive cover when needed, it would have provided support for Kakay who was having a tough time, Warbs eventually relented and went to a back three it's Plan B, you don't have to use it every game just when tactically it's the smart thing to do.
Swans stalemate brings up another unwanted set of six for QPR - Report on 15:29 - Jan 23 with 2194 viewsAntti_Heinola

Swans stalemate brings up another unwanted set of six for QPR - Report on 14:52 - Jan 23 by Northernr

Agreed.

Bare bones.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024