Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Very direct today 18:38 - Mar 4 with 2096 viewsloftboy

From kick off we punted it forwards it set the tone to today, Aaron Drew has one hell of a throw on him, shame we couldn’t capitalise more.
Kakay and Dickie need some time away from the first team.
The stupid fisticuffs through a fence at the end was pathetic and summed the day up for me.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Very direct today on 18:43 - Mar 4 with 2013 viewsterryb

I only saw the second half, but that was bloody awful.

All the midfield players, of both sides, must have stiff necks tonight from watching the ball fly high above them!
Very direct today on 18:52 - Mar 4 with 1925 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

You have to cut your cloth accordingly as they say.

I think it was mentioned in one of the podcasts, previews, or reports but the QPR way is a bit of a myth.

A Dykes / Martin combination is going to need to be direct. If it keeps us in the division then yes please.
Very direct today on 19:19 - Mar 4 with 1754 viewsHillAndDerry

Obviously we’d all like the football to be attractive but at the moment we just need to get three points. If that comes from lumping it up to Martin and getting a lucky goal, then I’m OK with it. Discussion over style of play is for next season in my view. What matters is getting the players to follow some kind of shape and structure and getting some points on the board. It didn’t work today, granted.
Very direct today on 19:42 - Mar 4 with 1602 viewsterryb

Very direct today on 18:52 - Mar 4 by BazzaInTheLoft

You have to cut your cloth accordingly as they say.

I think it was mentioned in one of the podcasts, previews, or reports but the QPR way is a bit of a myth.

A Dykes / Martin combination is going to need to be direct. If it keeps us in the division then yes please.

I was not saying that it went against the "QPR way". I was stating the fact that EVERY ball was played high & long. Just a few passes would have given variety & the Rotherham defenders might have had to think about their positioning!

Dykes/Martin would only prosper from balls coming in from wide positions, not from fifty yard punts up the pitch into central areas.
[Post edited 4 Mar 2023 19:43]
Very direct today on 19:45 - Mar 4 with 1568 viewskarlski

Very direct today on 19:19 - Mar 4 by HillAndDerry

Obviously we’d all like the football to be attractive but at the moment we just need to get three points. If that comes from lumping it up to Martin and getting a lucky goal, then I’m OK with it. Discussion over style of play is for next season in my view. What matters is getting the players to follow some kind of shape and structure and getting some points on the board. It didn’t work today, granted.

Agree with this - it's about what might be effective to bag the few points we need to stay up, and regroup for next season.

Conceded three again and looked creaky at the back, but that's no different to what was happening before. What WAS different is we had a few clear cut chances and more players in the box (especially first half) than we've had for quite some time. If the plan is get it up the pitch, fight like mad for second balls, get bodies in the box...and it can lead to chances like it did today, we might get a few goals and manage a win or two.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024