Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Portsmouth 17:39 - Mar 25 with 2998 viewsPatfromPoole

Dropped two points at home to Port Vale. Play-off chances look pretty slim now.

Ipswich want their striker Bishop in the summer, who has scored virtually all their goals this season.

Surely he will end to make the move to a bigger club.

Heart bleeds for them.

Poll: Would you take Ward-Prowse back?

Portsmouth on 18:08 - Mar 25 with 2951 viewsdwayne_dibley

gutted

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

Portsmouth on 12:39 - Mar 27 with 2592 viewsfranniesTache

They're reaching the point of total irrelevancy in the scheme of south coast football, unless they find a rich sugar daddy even if they did fluke a promotion they'd be straight back down.

It'd probably be healthy for them to fixate on a more realistic rival these days like Eastleigh because they're light years behind us, brighton or bournemouth
Portsmouth on 13:24 - Mar 27 with 2564 viewsPatfromPoole

Portsmouth on 12:39 - Mar 27 by franniesTache

They're reaching the point of total irrelevancy in the scheme of south coast football, unless they find a rich sugar daddy even if they did fluke a promotion they'd be straight back down.

It'd probably be healthy for them to fixate on a more realistic rival these days like Eastleigh because they're light years behind us, brighton or bournemouth

I think they have a fairly rich sugar daddy, certainly relative to the League they are in,

He just seems to want to run the club very sensibly, which is probably a first for them.

Poll: Would you take Ward-Prowse back?

Portsmouth on 15:07 - Mar 27 with 2532 viewsHollywood56

Such a shame
Portsmouth on 16:45 - Mar 27 with 2506 viewsTimSaint

Portsmouth on 15:07 - Mar 27 by Hollywood56

Such a shame

Oh well, as per usual, someone will no doubt perk up and say it will be their year next year.

Or the famous '3 seasons and we will change places' quote ?

Obviously they didn't specify which 3 and forgot to mention their slight detour to the Fourth Tier for a few seasons.

My daughter still questions our rivalry, as we never play them. She has been watching Saints for 13 seasons and has only seen us play them once in the league !!

TimSaint

Portsmouth on 17:13 - Mar 27 with 2491 viewsfranniesTache

Portsmouth on 16:45 - Mar 27 by TimSaint

Oh well, as per usual, someone will no doubt perk up and say it will be their year next year.

Obviously they didn't specify which 3 and forgot to mention their slight detour to the Fourth Tier for a few seasons.

My daughter still questions our rivalry, as we never play them. She has been watching Saints for 13 seasons and has only seen us play them once in the league !!

i only saw us play in the league twice from my first game in 1984 to 2002/3 when they got promoted, 18 years before they were even vaguely relevant.

In the coming on 40 years i've been going to games they've hardly featured in the same division as us and mostly been a league below, if not more.

To be honest in real terms and if you remove the rivalry they're more or less a wigan, wimbledon or bradford sized club and wouldn't be given a second thought from most of our fans.
Portsmouth on 20:16 - Mar 27 with 2412 views1teeminants

Portsmouth on 12:39 - Mar 27 by franniesTache

Serial bottlers. Can’t even get out of a pub league. Embarrassing for them but FAF .

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Portsmouth on 07:38 - Mar 28 with 2304 viewsPortchy_Blue

Portsmouth on 16:45 - Mar 27 by TimSaint

I feel for your daughter, especially as her Grandad would have been the only one to see your lot ever lift a pot of any significance.
Login to get fewer ads

Portsmouth on 09:39 - Mar 28 with 2257 viewskernow

Not true though is it?!
If we're talking about the FA Cup, there are thousands of us still breathing who saw the Queen present it to Saints' captain.
There are still quite a few surviving team members, as well as the Manager.
So your point being ...what exactly?
Portsmouth on 10:37 - Mar 28 with 2238 viewsdarthvader

JUst to rub it in Portvale boss lives in Southampton too .

keep the faith coyr

Portsmouth on 11:45 - Mar 28 with 2200 viewsSalisburySaint

Portsmouth on 10:37 - Mar 28 by darthvader

JUst to rub it in Portvale boss lives in Southampton too .

Yes a good lad, ex Salisbury player and later Manager, still pops into Salisbury regularly and Salisbury currently have two very good nippers on loan from Port Vale
Portsmouth on 15:10 - Mar 28 with 2124 viewsTimSaint

Portsmouth on 07:38 - Mar 28 by Portchy_Blue

I feel for your daughter, especially as her Grandad would have been the only one to see your lot ever lift a pot of any significance.

Actually, she has done quite well considering.

Her 1st few games were over 2 seasons in League 1 - which included promotion to the Championship and winning the JPT. I know you lot won JPT too, or whatever it was called at the time (Papa John's?), but then failed to turn up in the final against lowly Salford, when you were odds on to retain the trophy !! :-)

1 season in the Championship - we finished runners up.

11 continuous seasons in the Prem, many famous scalps, Top 6 finish, European football and numerous trips to Wembley.

By contrast, in the same time period, you have been relegated to League 1, then rather embarrassingly dropped down to the Fourth Tier and even managed to spend 3 seasons there !! Every year since you got back to League 1, someone has said you'd go up to the Championship this year / next year / we'd swap places in 3 years time. Still waiting.

As for our FA Cup win, Her Great Grandad was at Wembley that day, whilst her Grandad and Father (Me at 7 years old) watched it together on the TV.

TimSaint

Portsmouth on 14:59 - Apr 1 with 1832 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Portsmouth on 20:16 - Mar 27 by 1teeminants

Serial bottlers. Can’t even get out of a pub league. Embarrassing for them but FAF .

The Successful Southern teams

League Champions
13 Arsenal
6 Chelsea
2 Portsmouth
2 Tottenham
1 Ipswich

FA Cup Winners
14 Arsenal
8 Tottenham
8 Chelsea
5 Wanderers
3 West Ham
2 Old Etonians
2 Portsmouth
1 Old Carthusians
1 Clapham Rovers
1 Charlton
1 Royal Engineers
1 Cardiff
1 Oxford University
1 Soton
1 Wimbledon

It's great that your club managed to make one of these lists, and didn't bottle it completely over a 130 year + time period.
[Post edited 1 Apr 2023 14:59]

Poll: Is Southampton FC a big club. Where do they rank?

Portsmouth on 16:45 - Apr 1 with 1755 viewsfelly1

Portsmouth on 14:59 - Apr 1 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

The Successful Southern teams

League Champions
13 Arsenal
6 Chelsea
2 Portsmouth
2 Tottenham
1 Ipswich

FA Cup Winners
14 Arsenal
8 Tottenham
8 Chelsea
5 Wanderers
3 West Ham
2 Old Etonians
2 Portsmouth
1 Old Carthusians
1 Clapham Rovers
1 Charlton
1 Royal Engineers
1 Cardiff
1 Oxford University
1 Soton
1 Wimbledon

It's great that your club managed to make one of these lists, and didn't bottle it completely over a 130 year + time period.
[Post edited 1 Apr 2023 14:59]

Oh mate, you've made us all feel ever so inadequate.
God I wish I'd been born in Pompey and could constantly harp on about the glory moments from 80 years ago.
Portsmouth on 16:47 - Apr 1 with 1753 viewscocklebreath

The south coast derby could be back on next season, they’re flying

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Portsmouth on 22:08 - Apr 1 with 1634 views1ASIN12

Portsmouth on 16:47 - Apr 1 by cocklebreath

The south coast derby could be back on next season, they’re flying

They are going to make the playoffs I fear .
Portsmouth on 16:35 - Apr 2 with 1455 viewsBuenosSaint

Portsmouth on 22:08 - Apr 1 by 1ASIN12

They are going to make the playoffs I fear .

This is true now and worth keeping an eye on now we are all but confirmed relegation candidates.

Yet slim chance of playing them next year as can't see them beating any of the top 4 current league 1 sides if they met them in play offs.

Poll: The Long Future

Portsmouth on 16:37 - Apr 2 with 1444 viewscocklebreath

I think I’d be up for a south coast derby, my sons not been to one yet, not sure I’d want Selles in charge, probably start with Ely up top on his own

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Portsmouth on 17:18 - Apr 2 with 1398 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Portsmouth on 16:45 - Apr 1 by felly1

Oh mate, you've made us all feel ever so inadequate.
God I wish I'd been born in Pompey and could constantly harp on about the glory moments from 80 years ago.

I'm fairly sure we have had a major glory moment this century, among some minor ones. let me go and verify this point.

Poll: Is Southampton FC a big club. Where do they rank?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024