Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Possibly McNultys last post match chat.. 16:21 - May 8 with 19012 viewselectricblue

According to JM he will be speaking to the club in a few days......

For me keep him as a coach and use him needed as an interim manager.....
[Post edited 8 May 2023 16:45]

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Possibly McNultys last post match chat.. on 12:02 - May 10 with 4132 viewsDaleFan7

Possibly McNultys last post match chat.. on 21:37 - May 9 by D_Alien

Was NL North manager of the season last year, after getting Gateshead promoted back to the NL

This sounds a bit more like it...

I'd snap your hand off for a 14th placed finish in the NL next year.
Possibly McNultys last post match chat.. on 14:51 - May 10 with 3878 viewsmeeee

Possibly McNultys last post match chat.. on 21:37 - May 9 by D_Alien

Was NL North manager of the season last year, after getting Gateshead promoted back to the NL

This sounds a bit more like it...

The fact Gateshead even stayed up this season was incredible. Over the summer they lost their two strikers, Macaulay Langstaff and Cedwyn Scott both to Notts county. They were the favourites for the drop this season but in the end they stayed up comfortably
Possibly McNultys last post match chat.. on 15:34 - May 10 with 3767 viewsKnavesmireBob

First time I've looked on the odds sites. Williamson or McIntyre would be exactly the sort of profile I'm hoping we go for, good to see them appearing on the list at least.
Possibly McNultys last post match chat.. on 16:27 - May 10 with 3624 viewsJames1980

I see Nathan Rooney is also one of those with shorter odds to become manager.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Possibly McNultys last post match chat.. on 16:27 - May 10 with 3621 viewsBrierls

Possibly McNultys last post match chat.. on 15:34 - May 10 by KnavesmireBob

First time I've looked on the odds sites. Williamson or McIntyre would be exactly the sort of profile I'm hoping we go for, good to see them appearing on the list at least.

Exactly this. Back to back NLN Manager's of the Year.

They are the two that I had a bet on yesterday afternoon and I know of at least one other who has done the same.

McIntyre was listed at 12/1, had one bet that I know of, I got him at 10/1. Went to 5/1 after my bet.
Not sure what Williamson was listed at, but I got him at 6/1. Went to 3/1 after my bet.

That's how easily odds change on a market this small.
[Post edited 10 May 2023 16:37]
Possibly McNultys last post match chat.. on 16:32 - May 10 with 3605 viewsThreeLions

Possibly McNultys last post match chat.. on 16:27 - May 10 by Brierls

Exactly this. Back to back NLN Manager's of the Year.

They are the two that I had a bet on yesterday afternoon and I know of at least one other who has done the same.

McIntyre was listed at 12/1, had one bet that I know of, I got him at 10/1. Went to 5/1 after my bet.
Not sure what Williamson was listed at, but I got him at 6/1. Went to 3/1 after my bet.

That's how easily odds change on a market this small.
[Post edited 10 May 2023 16:37]

I've just had a bet on McIntyre looks a good fit for us
[Post edited 10 May 2023 16:34]
Possibly McNultys last post match chat.. on 16:57 - May 10 with 3554 viewsJames1980

As of 16:57 10th May
Jim McNulty 1/2
Nathan Rooney 4/1
Mike Williamson 6/1
Callum McIntyre 6/1

A certain Mr Keith Hill 20/1

Possibly McNultys last post match chat.. on 17:05 - May 10 with 3503 viewsThreeLions

Possibly McNultys last post match chat.. on 16:57 - May 10 by James1980

Jim McNulty 1/2
Nathan Rooney 4/1
Mike Williamson 6/1
Callum McIntyre 6/1

Forget about Hill his last stint with us ended terribly don't forget. We don't want to further tarnish his status with us with more blaming of the supporters for barmy decisions on the pitch.
Login to get fewer ads

Possibly McNultys last post match chat.. on 17:11 - May 10 with 3484 viewsJames1980

Possibly McNultys last post match chat.. on 17:05 - May 10 by ThreeLions

Forget about Hill his last stint with us ended terribly don't forget. We don't want to further tarnish his status with us with more blaming of the supporters for barmy decisions on the pitch.

Just showing how far away he is in the betting
[Post edited 10 May 2023 17:11]

Possibly McNultys last post match chat.. on 19:15 - May 10 with 3297 viewsSaxonDale

Worth noting that Rooney aside (who I have no idea on) the other three seem to have a very similar style of play. Presume that the board-in addition with the consultants-have drawn up a style of play*, which won’t be to everyone’s style, but will be key in their recruitment choice.

*seems to include passing out from goal kicks.
[Post edited 10 May 2023 19:18]
Possibly McNultys last post match chat.. on 19:36 - May 10 with 3237 viewsNorthernDale

A style of football, which as cost out league status, because if many premiership teams struggle to play out from the back, how do they expect average league two players to do it? What people like the board, BBM, Stockdale and McNulty fail to realise it also bores and irritates the fans, so if that is their style of football, no thanks, we have had enough of it.
[Post edited 10 May 2023 19:53]
Possibly McNultys last post match chat.. on 19:49 - May 10 with 3205 viewsJames1980

Passing out from the back is different from passing around at the back

Possibly McNultys last post match chat.. on 20:00 - May 10 with 3168 viewsSaxonDale

Possibly McNultys last post match chat.. on 19:49 - May 10 by James1980

Agreed, but the former can become the latter if we don’t have the players to play the forward pass.
[Post edited 10 May 2023 20:05]
Possibly McNultys last post match chat.. on 07:34 - May 11 with 2920 viewsBillyRudd

Possibly McNultys last post match chat.. on 19:49 - May 10 by James1980

Am intrigued James. Can you spare the time to explain the difference?
Possibly McNultys last post match chat.. on 08:29 - May 11 with 2859 viewssurb_dale

No problem with passing out from the back as long as it’s progressive with purpose and at a decent tempo.

There also needs to be a plan B when teams adopt an aggressive high press rather than rigidly sticking to the same thing.

Tbf to McNulty we had no target man option to try and play off so lumping it to Hendo and Rodney would have been pointless.

I think McNulty has shown enough in these last 8 games to be given a chance whether that’s with us or someone else. My main concern is the lack of knowledge of the National League and player recruitment but maybe recruitment isn’t going to be part of the new head coach job? Some input yes but not the identifying of players.
Possibly McNultys last post match chat.. on 10:40 - May 11 with 2702 viewsShun

Possibly McNultys last post match chat.. on 07:34 - May 11 by BillyRudd

Am intrigued James. Can you spare the time to explain the difference?

I would say that playing from the back is a perfectly reasonable tactic for drawing out the opposition forwards. If 2 forwards try to press your defenders then when you do get it past them you’ve only got 9 players between you and the opposition goal, rather than 11.

The essential point there being ‘when’ it works. As Saxon said, this can easily become passing it between defenders which serves no purpose and invites pressure. I do think the difference between the two though is simple coaching rather than talent.
Possibly McNultys last post match chat.. on 11:13 - May 11 with 2629 viewsJames1980

Possibly McNultys last post match chat.. on 10:40 - May 11 by Shun

I would say that playing from the back is a perfectly reasonable tactic for drawing out the opposition forwards. If 2 forwards try to press your defenders then when you do get it past them you’ve only got 9 players between you and the opposition goal, rather than 11.

The essential point there being ‘when’ it works. As Saxon said, this can easily become passing it between defenders which serves no purpose and invites pressure. I do think the difference between the two though is simple coaching rather than talent.

I definitely could not have put it better myself. Also it helps to have players confident receiving a pass when under pressure and the player making the pass being confident in making that pass and in his teammates ability.

Possibly McNultys last post match chat.. on 12:06 - May 11 with 2558 viewsJames1980

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12738110/nathan-rooney-interview-t

An interview from last year with current second favourite Nathan Rooney.

Possibly McNultys last post match chat.. on 12:36 - May 11 with 2512 viewselectricblue

Possibly McNultys last post match chat.. on 12:06 - May 11 by James1980

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12738110/nathan-rooney-interview-t

An interview from last year with current second favourite Nathan Rooney.

Interesting read and insight on his journey from coaching, through to management.
TBH that i admit that i know quite literally nothing about Rooney, Macintyre and Williamson....

A different approach is required with a manager who as the hunger and passion...

The days of BBM, Stockdale,McNulty approach must not be the way anymore for Dale and the board should have that on their minds.....

Possibly McNultys last post match chat.. on 13:46 - May 11 with 2350 viewsNorthernDale

Yes an interesting read, but so did Stockdale and look what happened there.
Possibly McNultys last post match chat.. on 14:08 - May 11 with 2277 viewselectricblue

Possibly McNultys last post match chat.. on 13:46 - May 11 by NorthernDale

Yes an interesting read, but so did Stockdale and look what happened there.

Stockdale talked the talk and more importantly flattered the board into giving him the job.

Any of those three mentioned could fail dramatically any manager could just look at the experienced Bentley as a prime example...
Like i said, I knowing about them but now know more about Rooney after reading the article and he comes across knowing what he wants but can he attract the players to improve the squad.
In reality time will tell if he got the position...

Also are any of these three possible targets by this MKT or whatever they are called....

Possibly McNultys last post match chat.. on 14:22 - May 11 with 2246 viewsNorthernDale

Agreed, you could appoint Mellon (who has won the NL twice) and he could fail, yet the next appointment could make or break us and that is the issue we are faced with. I could potentially see Rooney as manager with McNulty as his no 2 or vice versa, but who ever is appointed should hopefully have their own targets to go for.
Possibly McNultys last post match chat.. on 09:10 - May 12 with 1815 viewsDaleyBrent

Possibly McNultys last post match chat.. on 16:57 - May 10 by James1980

Jim McNulty 1/2
Nathan Rooney 4/1
Mike Williamson 6/1
Callum McIntyre 6/1

Mike Williamson all day, every day for me.
Possibly McNultys last post match chat.. on 10:52 - May 12 with 1711 viewsThreeLions

Betting suspended on Bet Victor at the moment. Announcement imminent?
Possibly McNultys last post match chat.. on 12:05 - May 12 with 1568 viewsBrierls

Possibly McNultys last post match chat.. on 10:52 - May 12 by ThreeLions

Betting suspended on Bet Victor at the moment. Announcement imminent?

Williamson has told the Gateshead players ahead of the trip to Wembley and they've all lumped on*

* I've made this up.
[Post edited 12 May 2023 12:38]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024