Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Surrey v Middx 00:01 - May 11 with 9126 viewsstowmarketrange

Is anyone else going to the Oval for the game starting tomorrow?We’ll have to play a lot better than we did against Essex last week to get a result.
I have complimentary tickets if anyone fancies a freebie tomorrow?The perks of being a member of Surrey ccc.
It’s the only day I’ll be able to attend I think as we have my daughter’s wedding in a couple of weeks time and I’ve got to give enough time for the black eyes and bruises to heal.
Send me a pm if you want a free day at the cricket.
Come on the brown hatters.
Surrey v Middx on 08:03 - May 11 with 5576 viewsE17hoop

Just saw this and annoyed it was AFTER I'd agreed to do something to today.

Might head there Sunday - weather likely to take this to 4 days.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Championship Playoffs - who's going up?

Surrey v Middx on 08:11 - May 11 with 5570 viewsflynnbo

Was going to go but rain is forecast and have other commitments anyway so will try to watch some play online. My next Surrey CC home game will be the v Notts although am going to the first day of the World Test Championship and first 3 days of the Ashes.
Surrey v Middx on 08:17 - May 11 with 5560 viewsstowmarketrange

Surrey v Middx on 08:11 - May 11 by flynnbo

Was going to go but rain is forecast and have other commitments anyway so will try to watch some play online. My next Surrey CC home game will be the v Notts although am going to the first day of the World Test Championship and first 3 days of the Ashes.

The latest met office forecast says 30% chance of rain at 12 and 50% at 3pm so it might not be too bad after all.
Bright sunshine here in Stowmarket.
[Post edited 11 May 2023 8:18]
Surrey v Middx on 08:43 - May 11 with 5514 viewsTheChef

Going on Saturday with the mini Chefs, they've not been to the Oval before.

Because they already get enough joy from supporting QPR, why not Middlesex too?

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Surrey v Middx on 11:23 - May 11 with 5438 viewsTheChef

Surrey won toss and opted to bowl - it's as if they think the Middlesex batting isn't up to much?

Surrey v Middx on 12:07 - May 11 with 5400 viewsnumptydumpty

Surrey v Middx on 11:23 - May 11 by TheChef

Surrey won toss and opted to bowl - it's as if they think the Middlesex batting isn't up to much?

Didn't realise there was so many Surrey fans on here.

Am heading to the t20 game v Hampshire. Sad mate supports the Hampshire boys coming along with me.

Always make time for the Guildford games.

Good time to be a Surrey fan at the moment..

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Surrey v Middx on 15:39 - May 11 with 5332 viewsBlackAndGoldRanger

Surrey member here - don't get to many county games but try a few days a season. Currently watching on sky, usually have the stream on YouTube while WFH.
Will be heading to 6/7 T20s, looking forward to a few Friday's and Sunday's in the Sun! (Hopefully)
Surrey v Middx on 18:02 - May 11 with 5246 viewsderbyhoop

I follow Middlesex and their batting has been shocking. Bowling is fairly good but unless they score enough runs, they'll be up against it.

199-7 proves my point.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Login to get fewer ads

Surrey v Middx on 19:38 - May 11 with 5193 viewskensalriser

I don't really follow cricket, but even so it's hard to escape the feeling QPR and Surrey is a very jarring combination.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Surrey v Middx on 23:21 - May 11 with 5122 viewsstowmarketrange

Surrey v Middx on 18:02 - May 11 by derbyhoop

I follow Middlesex and their batting has been shocking. Bowling is fairly good but unless they score enough runs, they'll be up against it.

199-7 proves my point.

I thought we were definitely in trouble at 166-1.Luckiy we turned it around.
Surrey v Middx on 23:09 - May 13 with 4919 viewsthame_hoops

I’m going tomorrow for day 4 by myself. My dad can’t make it. Is anyone gonna be there? I was going to go in the pavilion for a bit as I haven’t seen it for a few years. Send me a DM if you are going
Surrey v Middx on 23:47 - May 13 with 4886 viewsstowmarketrange

Surrey v Middx on 23:09 - May 13 by thame_hoops

I’m going tomorrow for day 4 by myself. My dad can’t make it. Is anyone gonna be there? I was going to go in the pavilion for a bit as I haven’t seen it for a few years. Send me a DM if you are going

I was there on Thursday but my granddaughter has a cup final in Haverhill tomorrow morning with a 10am ko so I won’t be able to make it.
It’s the first time that I’ve been in the pavilion and I was very impressed with it.You could easily spend a few hours in there just looking at the pictures on the walls.
It should be better weather tomorrow anyway.
Surrey v Middx on 01:18 - May 14 with 4834 viewsdixiedean

Middx batting lineup can always be relied upon to capitulate. One batting point so far from 5 games. Never replaced Dawid Malan - although we do have another Malan !
Surrey v Middx on 08:12 - May 14 with 4770 viewsstevec

Surrey v Middx on 19:38 - May 11 by kensalriser

I don't really follow cricket, but even so it's hard to escape the feeling QPR and Surrey is a very jarring combination.

Oi, behave!
Surrey v Middx on 10:55 - May 14 with 4691 viewsTonto

i was born and brought up in Surrey, so i support Surrey. I suspect with cricket (more so than football), people follow the team they are closest to? its certainly the case amongst almost all those people that i know who follow the County game with any seriousness.

I also went to school with and am still friends with Pat Pocock's daughter...

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Surrey v Middx on 14:50 - May 14 with 4626 viewsderbyhoop

Claim to fame.
I played for Moddlesex U15s and U18s.
Only 1 game for each, as an off spinner. Not much later I couldn't even bowl at all.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Surrey v Middx on 21:46 - May 14 with 4503 viewsnumptydumpty

Solid win for the boys !!!

Can't say I have had cause to say that during our football season !!!

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Surrey v Middx on 07:57 - May 15 with 4398 viewsTonto

It does look good for Surrey this year. They still have the Currans, Topley and Virdi to come I to that attack as the greenhouse fade and the yellow tops arrive. Although Virdi may not even make it into the team

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Surrey v Middx on 13:29 - May 15 with 4280 viewsthame_hoops

Surrey v Middx on 07:57 - May 15 by Tonto

It does look good for Surrey this year. They still have the Currans, Topley and Virdi to come I to that attack as the greenhouse fade and the yellow tops arrive. Although Virdi may not even make it into the team

Going to be a struggle for Middlesex I think. Malan looks like he’s going to miss some time. No additional overseas signings for the blast either. Can’t see them winning more than two or three T20 games if I’m honest. Not with the current squad.
Surrey v Middx on 13:42 - May 15 with 4269 viewsTheChef

Surrey v Middx on 13:29 - May 15 by thame_hoops

Going to be a struggle for Middlesex I think. Malan looks like he’s going to miss some time. No additional overseas signings for the blast either. Can’t see them winning more than two or three T20 games if I’m honest. Not with the current squad.

Fraid so - the batting has been an issue for years now and they seem unable to fix it.

I mean going from 166 for 1 to 209 all out was pretty special. That was the game right there.

Despite all that we had a nice afternoon on Saturday (even though the weather forecast was totally wrong!), good how they allow spectators on the pitch at tea time.

Surrey v Middx on 20:38 - May 25 with 4097 viewsE17hoop

Anyone watching the T20?

Surrey v Middx on 21:03 - May 25 with 4061 viewsstowmarketrange

Surrey v Middx on 20:38 - May 25 by E17hoop

Anyone watching the T20?

I was.Bit of a collapse again.
Surrey v Middx on 15:53 - Jun 14 with 3595 viewsE17hoop

Astonishing performance in the CC by Surrey. Needing 501 in the 4th innings, we're 452-4 at tea. I was planning to head to Canterbury and someone put a meeting right in the middle of the day in my calendar so have had to make do with the YT stream.

Surrey v Middx on 16:33 - Jun 14 with 3554 viewsstowmarketrange

Surrey v Middx on 15:53 - Jun 14 by E17hoop

Astonishing performance in the CC by Surrey. Needing 501 in the 4th innings, we're 452-4 at tea. I was planning to head to Canterbury and someone put a meeting right in the middle of the day in my calendar so have had to make do with the YT stream.

When I saw that we needed 501 to win I was already thinking about how the loss would affect the championship table,but to score that many to win is a remarkable achievement,assuming that they get the last few runs needed.
Surrey v Middx on 16:38 - Jun 14 with 3533 viewsflynnbo

Superb victory. Well played Surrey!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024