Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Watford First Game 10:36 - Jun 27 with 12712 viewssparkey

First game switched to Vicarage Road

Watford First game on 16:20 - Jun 27 with 1885 viewsQPR_John

Watford First game on 16:10 - Jun 27 by Rangersw12

Just another thing to add to the list that shows the club is just drifting along

We badly need someone to take the club by the scruff of the neck and inject some life into it

The club did ask the FL for an away opening fixture but they originally refused so the club did foresee the problem. They could have picked any team for that fixture if they insisted it be home but they picked the one where the corresponding fixture in January could be problematical with Chelsea playing Fulham and Brentford at home on that date. Maybe you might look at the FL before jumping to conclusions.
Watford First Game on 16:32 - Jun 27 with 1825 viewsthemodfather

ok, not read 3pages of this thread, but has anyone asked if we will get extra tickets for the change? 3000 would do, we used get the whole end, 4000 .
Watford First game on 16:32 - Jun 27 with 1825 viewsstowmarketrange

Watford First game on 16:20 - Jun 27 by QPR_John

The club did ask the FL for an away opening fixture but they originally refused so the club did foresee the problem. They could have picked any team for that fixture if they insisted it be home but they picked the one where the corresponding fixture in January could be problematical with Chelsea playing Fulham and Brentford at home on that date. Maybe you might look at the FL before jumping to conclusions.

I should imagine that Sky will have the Parsons Green derby on tv,hopefully Sunday,but they might choose Watford’s cup final instead.
Watford First Game on 16:35 - Jun 27 with 1806 viewskensalriser

Watford First Game on 16:10 - Jun 27 by colinallcars

Anyone old enough to have seen us playing in white ?

Yes. Guess the game.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Watford First Game on 16:38 - Jun 27 with 1802 viewsOldPedro

Watford First Game on 16:10 - Jun 27 by colinallcars

Anyone old enough to have seen us playing in white ?

Yes twice - we played in white at home to Cardiff in 2017 (anniversary of league cup final win) and in the playoff final in 2003 against Cardiff at the Millennium Stadium......

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Watford First Game on 17:07 - Jun 27 with 1711 viewstoboboly

Watford First Game on 14:09 - Jun 27 by stowmarketrange

4 home games on the trot in January.

Bet we get a home tie in the FA Cup...

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Watford First Game on 17:16 - Jun 27 with 1696 viewsSonofpugwash

New pitch?Good,maybe that'll lay The Curse.I'll bet they find chicken bones down there.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Watford First game on 17:30 - Jun 27 with 1655 viewsRangersw12

Watford First game on 16:20 - Jun 27 by QPR_John

No it's incompetence again .

Pitch should have been ripped up day after Bristol but they pissed about with charity games etc

4 away games and a newly promoted team out of the first 5

We need to hit the ground running this season yet we've given the manager a very tough start .

Don't worry though everything is fine on the good ship QPR 🙄
[Post edited 27 Jun 2023 17:30]
Login to get fewer ads

Watford First Game on 17:31 - Jun 27 with 1653 viewsJuzzie

Watford First Game on 13:37 - Jun 27 by vanrrrr

August home game crowd vs Jan Home game crowd… probably cost as a few in attendance … just as well we are flush with cash, eh?

People still on their holibobs in August, maybe won't affect the new home fixture that much?
Watford First Game on 17:36 - Jun 27 with 1638 viewsnumptydumpty

That is poor.

Not a great reason and amateurish from the club.

Guessing there could be some kind of financial penalty by way of a fine.

If the club can play a cup game three days later, it's 7 weeks away.

Not a great look for new found professionalism at the club.

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Watford First Game on 17:45 - Jun 27 with 1608 viewsVancouverHoop

Watford First Game on 16:35 - Jun 27 by kensalriser

Yes. Guess the game.

All white kit? Me too. Probably the same match. My first Rs match too.
Watford First game on 18:25 - Jun 27 with 1505 viewsQPR_John

Watford First game on 17:30 - Jun 27 by Rangersw12

No it's incompetence again .

Pitch should have been ripped up day after Bristol but they pissed about with charity games etc

4 away games and a newly promoted team out of the first 5

We need to hit the ground running this season yet we've given the manager a very tough start .

Don't worry though everything is fine on the good ship QPR 🙄
[Post edited 27 Jun 2023 17:30]

Imagine the comments on here if the club had cancelled those charity games
Watford First game on 18:40 - Jun 27 with 1457 viewstoboboly

Watford First game on 18:25 - Jun 27 by QPR_John

Imagine the comments on here if the club had cancelled those charity games

Or, you organise them around the new pitch work that you have known about for quite a long time. You do them before the end of the season or just before/after the new season gets underway.

Watford First Game on 18:47 - Jun 27 with 1442 viewsJules4367

Watford First Game on 11:05 - Jun 27 by daveB

starting with 2 away games is not ideal, you are of course right it shouldn't matter but just another thing with QPR, had it last year with safe standing not ready on time, these little things do add up after a while

It DOES however mean we get three home games in a row Jan 13,20 and 27! I'm ignoring the 3rd Round of the FA cup as we all know what's happening that day home or away!
Watford First Game on 18:47 - Jun 27 with 1439 viewsDannyPaddox

Watford First Game on 16:35 - Jun 27 by kensalriser

Yes. Guess the game.

Respect … I’m guessing you were at the the Wembley classic.

I saw us play in white a couple of times at home in the late 70s when (I assume for reasons of superstition) we resurrected the kit for Cup games. And it worked winning 4-0 and 6-1. Albeit the oppo on both occasions were lowly London pushovers. Wealdstone & West Ham. No offence Stones fans.
[Post edited 27 Jun 2023 18:48]
Watford First game on 18:49 - Jun 27 with 1430 viewsdistortR

Watford First game on 18:40 - Jun 27 by toboboly

Or, you organise them around the new pitch work that you have known about for quite a long time. You do them before the end of the season or just before/after the new season gets underway.

maybe it was down to the availability of the contractors?
Watford First game on 18:50 - Jun 27 with 1420 viewstoboboly

Watford First game on 18:49 - Jun 27 by distortR

maybe it was down to the availability of the contractors?

Could well be, but then isn't the issue why we didn't book in the contractors early enough not to be affected by it?

Watford First game on 18:52 - Jun 27 with 1413 viewsdistortR

Watford First game on 18:50 - Jun 27 by toboboly

Could well be, but then isn't the issue why we didn't book in the contractors early enough not to be affected by it?

Because they were already booked? Because there's been delays in work, availability of materials etc? The latter is an issue for a lot of trades at the moment.
Watford First Game on 18:55 - Jun 27 with 1403 viewsJules4367

It's not actually because of the new the pitch but the goal post fixings. At the end of the season they found (somewhat late in the day) that the post fixings slid in the ground and every time the assistant referee came to our goal and tested the nets securing ties he actually pulled the posts apart slightly, so Dieng had to defend a much wider area than at the opposite end.

Coincidentally, when the assistant refs were checking the net securing at our opponents' goal, they managed to draw 'in' the posts and so we were shooting at a narrower width goal.

Now that they have realised this, they have used postcrete to secure the posts at each end but are simply saying it is the pitch to save the embarrassment of not having noticed why we kept losing so many home games and letting late goals in and why a lot of the shots we had ( ) were not on target.
[Post edited 27 Jun 2023 19:02]
Watford First Game on 19:14 - Jun 27 with 1328 viewsderbyhoop

Watford First Game on 10:43 - Jun 27 by stowmarketrange

The new pitch probably won’t be ready in time I guess.Shame though because I think we need to get off to a positive start.

Like winning away?

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Watford First Game on 19:19 - Jun 27 with 1315 viewsstevec

Watford First Game on 16:32 - Jun 27 by themodfather

ok, not read 3pages of this thread, but has anyone asked if we will get extra tickets for the change? 3000 would do, we used get the whole end, 4000 .

Apparently Watford have agreed to give us the home ends whilst their fans will get 2500 away end seats via a lucky dip draw held outside the ground an hour before the game.

Ok, I’ll admit, this may not be entirely true.
Watford First Game on 20:44 - Jun 27 with 1195 viewscolinallcars

I blame the Director Of Football Pitches.
Watford First Game on 20:48 - Jun 27 with 1192 viewsBushRanger82

The first bit of positivity for the new season, kicking off at home, gone for a burton.

Now we have our first 2 games away, with the now traditional first round exit from the league cup, sandwiched inbetween.

A ball's not been kicked yet, but alarm bells are going off like nobody's business.

Wouldn't be QPR otherwise though, would it?
Watford First Game on 21:52 - Jun 27 with 1074 viewsenfieldargh

Watford First Game on 18:47 - Jun 27 by DannyPaddox

Respect … I’m guessing you were at the the Wembley classic.

I saw us play in white a couple of times at home in the late 70s when (I assume for reasons of superstition) we resurrected the kit for Cup games. And it worked winning 4-0 and 6-1. Albeit the oppo on both occasions were lowly London pushovers. Wealdstone & West Ham. No offence Stones fans.
[Post edited 27 Jun 2023 18:48]

Are you sure we played in White at our 6-1 win.

Remember Pop robson scoring to put WHU in front,at the loft end the Buzza getting a couple.

Loved that game one down then winning 6-1 under the floodlights but really dont recall us playing in white.

captains fantastic
Poll: SWEET F'IN CAROLINE. Played every half time

Watford First Game on 22:11 - Jun 27 with 1005 viewsSuperhoops2808

I'll play devils advocate and say that maybe the unusually high temperatures and lack of rainfall may have caused this issue

And I agree with Juzzie, we have to play all sides twice so does it matter when?
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024