Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Andrew Coleman : A personal address to the Swansea City squad in Spain 07:00 - Jul 3 with 3495 viewsSwansIndependent

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/60417/andrew-coleman-a-p

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Andrew Coleman : A personal address to the Swansea City squad in Spain on 07:15 - Jul 3 with 2736 viewsDr_Winston

"And as it transpired the U turn in retaining Josh Marsh in a player recruitment / scouting role"

Was it a U turn or were media sources being fed incorrect information (not for the first time in the Martin era)? If the latter then that certainly explains why he was pissed off at the time.

In any case, I found the family related stuff a bit cringy but he comes across as wearing his heart on his sleeve, which can sometimes be a good thing. Certainly looks like he's going to be the proactive type.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Andrew Coleman : A personal address to the Swansea City squad in Spain on 09:47 - Jul 3 with 2561 viewsFireboy2

Andrew Coleman : A personal address to the Swansea City squad in Spain on 07:15 - Jul 3 by Dr_Winston

"And as it transpired the U turn in retaining Josh Marsh in a player recruitment / scouting role"

Was it a U turn or were media sources being fed incorrect information (not for the first time in the Martin era)? If the latter then that certainly explains why he was pissed off at the time.

In any case, I found the family related stuff a bit cringy but he comes across as wearing his heart on his sleeve, which can sometimes be a good thing. Certainly looks like he's going to be the proactive type.

Yes that comment made me feel sick.

I can't see our lot buying Into that.
Andrew Coleman : A personal address to the Swansea City squad in Spain on 10:00 - Jul 3 with 2532 viewsKeithHaynes

Andrew Coleman : A personal address to the Swansea City squad in Spain on 07:15 - Jul 3 by Dr_Winston

It’s word for word as well.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Andrew Coleman : A personal address to the Swansea City squad in Spain on 10:04 - Jul 3 with 2518 viewsDr_Winston

Andrew Coleman : A personal address to the Swansea City squad in Spain on 10:00 - Jul 3 by KeithHaynes

It’s word for word as well.

I watched the video.

It's a cultural thing I think rather than a criticism. Americans do seem more interested in sharing personal details than Brits do.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Andrew Coleman : A personal address to the Swansea City squad in Spain on 10:43 - Jul 3 with 2456 viewsguthrieintherain

Andrew Coleman : A personal address to the Swansea City squad in Spain on 10:04 - Jul 3 by Dr_Winston

I watched the video.

It's a cultural thing I think rather than a criticism. Americans do seem more interested in sharing personal details than Brits do.

Nothing wrong with that though seems to wear his heart on his sleeve.

But at least he is communicating with fans so we can't really complain.

Poll: What will happen with Morgan Whittaker

Andrew Coleman : A personal address to the Swansea City squad in Spain on 10:46 - Jul 3 with 2450 viewsFireboy2

Andrew Coleman : A personal address to the Swansea City squad in Spain on 10:43 - Jul 3 by guthrieintherain

Nothing wrong with that though seems to wear his heart on his sleeve.

But at least he is communicating with fans so we can't really complain.

Very true, if he is honest and communicates then that can only be good.
Andrew Coleman : A personal address to the Swansea City squad in Spain on 10:47 - Jul 3 with 2450 viewsKeithHaynes

Andrew Coleman : A personal address to the Swansea City squad in Spain on 10:04 - Jul 3 by Dr_Winston

I watched the video.

The Americans claim on Ireland persistently annoys me. As they do many. He didn’t need to say that. But that’s in his make up I suppose. Anyone without immediate parentage to the country really isn’t anywhere near irish ( for me )

Andrew Coleman : A personal address to the Swansea City squad in Spain on 11:13 - Jul 3 with 2402 viewsBoundy

Andrew Coleman : A personal address to the Swansea City squad in Spain on 10:47 - Jul 3 by KeithHaynes

The Americans claim on Ireland persistently annoys me. As they do many. He didn’t need to say that. But that’s in his make up I suppose. Anyone without immediate parentage to the country really isn’t anywhere near irish ( for me )

Not sure why he felt it would resonant with us, a Welsh Club . Just hope we don't have to suffer the irritation , for me St Patricks day .

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Login to get fewer ads

Andrew Coleman : A personal address to the Swansea City squad in Spain on 11:17 - Jul 3 with 2394 viewsonehunglow

Andrew Coleman : A personal address to the Swansea City squad in Spain on 11:13 - Jul 3 by Boundy

Not sure why he felt it would resonant with us, a Welsh Club . Just hope we don't have to suffer the irritation , for me St Patricks day .

I have to refrain commenting about Americans vis a vis Ireland .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Andrew Coleman : A personal address to the Swansea City squad in Spain on 12:04 - Jul 3 with 2328 viewsItchySphincter

Looks and sounds like a loon. Looking forward to seeing how he gets on, before the wheels inevitably fall off as some stage, hopefully later rather than sooner.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Andrew Coleman : A personal address to the Swansea City squad in Spain on 13:35 - Jul 3 with 2179 viewsHugeEnkins

Andrew Coleman : A personal address to the Swansea City squad in Spain on 12:04 - Jul 3 by ItchySphincter

Looks and sounds like a loon. Looking forward to seeing how he gets on, before the wheels inevitably fall off as some stage, hopefully later rather than sooner.

Definitely got a 'Ted Lasso' vibe to him but he seems passionate and committed so encouraging, at least
Andrew Coleman : A personal address to the Swansea City squad in Spain on 13:39 - Jul 3 with 2168 viewsReslovenSwan1

Andrew Coleman : A personal address to the Swansea City squad in Spain on 12:04 - Jul 3 by ItchySphincter

Swansea Fans appear to assess all his words with intensive scrutiny. He is not John Lennon. Some crazy assessments made on the basis of two or three inert talks or tweets.

I reckon he will ruffle a few feathers and be good fun. Swansea have become dull and 'touchy feely' with Winter s not showing huge vitality and Martin talking to much about things he does not understand and possibly allowing players too many liberties.

Coleman has made a big commitment to Swansea investing a "significant sum" and bringing family over. The US guys might have seen how 'Reynolds and the Yank' have engaged up in Wrexham and wondered how the hell they did it. I suggest they bring over some glamorous Netflix actors and actresses to share the love.
[Post edited 3 Jul 2023 14:20]

Wise sage since Toshack era

Andrew Coleman : A personal address to the Swansea City squad in Spain on 14:51 - Jul 3 with 2086 viewsSTID2017

Andrew Coleman : A personal address to the Swansea City squad in Spain on 10:47 - Jul 3 by KeithHaynes

I for one like the cut of his jib.
His reference to the Old Country is one I understand and share.
Nothing wrong with that.
Seems like our Chairman, DOF and manager are all going in with 100% commitment
Exciting times for Swansea City on and off the field
And God Bless Ireland and Wales (not that I am religious in spite of my upbringing)

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Andrew Coleman : A personal address to the Swansea City squad in Spain on 14:51 - Jul 3 with 2085 viewsFireboy2

Andrew Coleman : A personal address to the Swansea City squad in Spain on 13:39 - Jul 3 by ReslovenSwan1

Swansea Fans appear to assess all his words with intensive scrutiny. He is not John Lennon. Some crazy assessments made on the basis of two or three inert talks or tweets.

I reckon he will ruffle a few feathers and be good fun. Swansea have become dull and 'touchy feely' with Winter s not showing huge vitality and Martin talking to much about things he does not understand and possibly allowing players too many liberties.

Coleman has made a big commitment to Swansea investing a "significant sum" and bringing family over. The US guys might have seen how 'Reynolds and the Yank' have engaged up in Wrexham and wondered how the hell they did it. I suggest they bring over some glamorous Netflix actors and actresses to share the love.
[Post edited 3 Jul 2023 14:20]

What a surprise you jumping to defend one of our American owners 🙄
Andrew Coleman : A personal address to the Swansea City squad in Spain on 14:59 - Jul 3 with 2080 viewsSTID2017

Andrew Coleman : A personal address to the Swansea City squad in Spain on 14:51 - Jul 3 by Fireboy2

I prefer this one to those others across the pond who we have rarely seen of late

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Andrew Coleman : A personal address to the Swansea City squad in Spain on 15:21 - Jul 3 with 2038 viewsWhiterockin

Andrew Coleman : A personal address to the Swansea City squad in Spain on 14:51 - Jul 3 by Fireboy2

So is he an owner. I see the mention of a "significant sum" but nothing registered on companies House.

Unless I have missed it, if that is the case I apologise.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Andrew Coleman : A personal address to the Swansea City squad in Spain on 21:20 - Jul 3 with 1903 viewsQJumpingJack

Coleman seems a decent bloke but lacks experience which has to be a concern.
I worry that Duff and Watson will be spending the next few weeks helping him when it should be the other way around.
Andrew Coleman : A personal address to the Swansea City squad in Spain on 21:24 - Jul 3 with 1898 viewsDr_Winston

Watson will be running the football operations. Coleman the club itself. There's not an awful lot that he'll have to learn how to do as long as he lets PW get on with it, and why bother bringing him in if not to do just that?

Andrew Coleman : A personal address to the Swansea City squad in Spain on 21:25 - Jul 3 with 1894 viewsQJumpingJack

Anything Duff, Watson and Coleman will need will still need sign off from Kaplan, Levien, Silverstein and maybe others.
Andrew Coleman : A personal address to the Swansea City squad in Spain on 21:49 - Jul 3 with 1853 viewsbuilthjack

Time will tell.
He will either be a big success or fall flat on his face.
I can’t see anything in between happening.
Big investment ? For a man of his stature I would hope it’s 10m plus. Or no need to mention it.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Andrew Coleman : A personal address to the Swansea City squad in Spain on 21:49 - Jul 3 with 1852 viewsFireboy2

Andrew Coleman : A personal address to the Swansea City squad in Spain on 21:25 - Jul 3 by QJumpingJack

Anything Duff, Watson and Coleman will need will still need sign off from Kaplan, Levien, Silverstein and maybe others.

Isn't that why Coleman is here.
Andrew Coleman : A personal address to the Swansea City squad in Spain on 22:27 - Jul 3 with 1794 viewsDr_Winston

Andrew Coleman : A personal address to the Swansea City squad in Spain on 21:49 - Jul 3 by Fireboy2

Isn't that why Coleman is here.

Seems to be the point.

Big noise has been made about putting different processes in place after January and Coleman and Watson are a big part of that. Remains to be seen of course but we're not exactly hanging around in the window so far.

Andrew Coleman : A personal address to the Swansea City squad in Spain on 22:36 - Jul 3 with 1773 viewsKeithHaynes

I’ll be honest I have limited knowledge on the investment from Coleman, but this should be reflected at companies house surely ? Mentioned this to a mate today and he said, maybe he hasn’t invested in the club but somewhere else ?

Baffled ?

Andrew Coleman : A personal address to the Swansea City squad in Spain on 22:38 - Jul 3 with 1771 viewsguthrieintherain

Andrew Coleman : A personal address to the Swansea City squad in Spain on 22:27 - Jul 3 by Dr_Winston

Seems to be the point.

Big noise has been made about putting different processes in place after January and Coleman and Watson are a big part of that. Remains to be seen of course but we're not exactly hanging around in the window so far.

This transfer window is encouraging so far.

As is everything about the club this summer.

New manager
New players
New DOF
New chairman
New investment
We seem to have a plan.

Not having to listen to Martins endless bull
Fans onside

What is there not to like.

Poll: What will happen with Morgan Whittaker

Andrew Coleman : A personal address to the Swansea City squad in Spain on 22:40 - Jul 3 with 1760 viewsKeithHaynes

Andrew Coleman : A personal address to the Swansea City squad in Spain on 22:38 - Jul 3 by guthrieintherain

This transfer window is encouraging so far.

As is everything about the club this summer.

New manager
New players
New DOF
New chairman
New investment
We seem to have a plan.

Not having to listen to Martins endless bull
Fans onside

What is there not to like.

Not sure he spoke much bull. But there you go.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024