Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Seeking home comfort – Preview 18:33 - Sep 15 with 2940 viewsNorthernr

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/60854
Seeking home comfort – Preview on 20:54 - Sep 15 with 2604 viewscolinallcars

Be it ever so 'umble, there's no place like 'ome.
Yes we need to start doing the business at LR alright.
Seeking home comfort – Preview on 21:17 - Sep 15 with 2543 viewsJamesB1979

Be good to get Dykes back. I know I’m in a minority on that one.
Seeking home comfort – Preview on 21:27 - Sep 15 with 2508 viewsdistortR

Seeking home comfort – Preview on 21:17 - Sep 15 by JamesB1979

Begovic needs that out ball, for sure.
The turn-around in results and performances since oxford and watford is huge. Why enlightenment only came to GA after the latter game I don't quite know, but right now he's getting a lot right.
Seeking home comfort – Preview on 22:21 - Sep 15 with 2373 viewsR_from_afar

Great piece, very insightful 👏

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Seeking home comfort – Preview on 03:46 - Sep 16 with 2135 viewsSydneyRs

I do worry a bit when Clive doesn't predict a defeat.
Seeking home comfort – Preview on 08:31 - Sep 16 with 1953 viewsAntti_Heinola

Also thought Dobbo was great on Open All Rs, but also had a few issues with some of the things he said as well. The transfer policy for one, criticising what he called 'sticking plaster' signings by other managers - well, I'm not sure what Cook, Colback and Begovic are if they're not short term sticking plasters. Our entire transfer targets this summer were people Gaz knew already or we all knew from them playing in the Prem and coming to the end of their careers. Not saying they're bad signings, they've made a huge difference, but things don't marry up there. Ditto the youngsters. All fine and dandy now Sincs and Kolli and one or two others are there, but under Warbs, those players were about 16. The ones he didn't want to play are still nowhere. Some great anecdotes in there though and really glad the atmosphere at the club has really improved. I'm nowhere near as happy as a lot of fans are though. I still think it will be miraculous if we stay up.

Bare bones.

Seeking home comfort – Preview on 08:44 - Sep 16 with 1935 viewsNorthernr

Seeking home comfort – Preview on 08:31 - Sep 16 by Antti_Heinola

Also thought Dobbo was great on Open All Rs, but also had a few issues with some of the things he said as well. The transfer policy for one, criticising what he called 'sticking plaster' signings by other managers - well, I'm not sure what Cook, Colback and Begovic are if they're not short term sticking plasters. Our entire transfer targets this summer were people Gaz knew already or we all knew from them playing in the Prem and coming to the end of their careers. Not saying they're bad signings, they've made a huge difference, but things don't marry up there. Ditto the youngsters. All fine and dandy now Sincs and Kolli and one or two others are there, but under Warbs, those players were about 16. The ones he didn't want to play are still nowhere. Some great anecdotes in there though and really glad the atmosphere at the club has really improved. I'm nowhere near as happy as a lot of fans are though. I still think it will be miraculous if we stay up.

Agree on the last point, a v long winter ahead for this squad.
Seeking home comfort – Preview on 09:09 - Sep 16 with 1880 viewsgazza1

I think we have every chance of getting something from the game providing we play in a similar vein as we have in the last 3/4 matches....we must get more of the ball though and take our opportunities when they arise.

Dykes will be selected imho.....Cook is 'old school' and will start if he isn't too unfit.
Login to get fewer ads

Seeking home comfort – Preview on 10:01 - Sep 16 with 1766 viewsterryb

I think the "sticking plaster" was referring to loans.
Seeking home comfort – Preview on 10:05 - Sep 16 with 1756 viewsterryb

I agree with you Clive that we are better set up for away games than at home.

Sunderland though, won't alter their approach & will come at us & we should be able to counter attack. Hopefuuly that will be enough!

Swansea, on the other hand, will sit deep & it will be interesting as to how we respond.
Seeking home comfort – Preview on 10:56 - Sep 16 with 1681 viewsnix

Seeking home comfort – Preview on 10:01 - Sep 16 by terryb

I think the "sticking plaster" was referring to loans.

That makes sense. Less sticking plaster than Balogan (is he injured), Roberts (ditto) and Richards (FFS).

Interesting what he said about Richards not getting his head around the fact that he needs to do more than be a fancy academy graduate. You can't just be a good player, you actually have to contribute. By that I guess he means press, track back, tackle etc.
Seeking home comfort – Preview on 11:10 - Sep 16 with 1642 viewsR_from_afar

Good points, I 95% agree with you, but don't forget Larkeche. Let's hope he isn't to Ainsworth what Col Donaldson was to Redkrapp.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Seeking home comfort – Preview on 11:32 - Sep 16 with 1605 viewsnix

Seeking home comfort – Preview on 11:10 - Sep 16 by R_from_afar

Good points, I 95% agree with you, but don't forget Larkeche. Let's hope he isn't to Ainsworth what Col Donaldson was to Redkrapp.

I saw Donaldson play once for the then U21s and he really didn't look like a footballer at all. His positioning, reading the game etc were just terrible. If anyone other than Redknapp were involved I would have been astonished that we'd paid a penny for him.

Larkeche has shown enough in the games I've seen him play to show some promise.
Seeking home comfort – Preview on 12:37 - Sep 16 with 1472 viewsR_from_afar

Seeking home comfort – Preview on 11:32 - Sep 16 by nix

I saw Donaldson play once for the then U21s and he really didn't look like a footballer at all. His positioning, reading the game etc were just terrible. If anyone other than Redknapp were involved I would have been astonished that we'd paid a penny for him.

Larkeche has shown enough in the games I've seen him play to show some promise.

He's currently at Falkirk, in the Scottish third tier.

Seeking home comfort – Preview on 12:55 - Sep 16 with 1437 viewsuwontbegrinningsoon

Seeking home comfort – Preview on 21:17 - Sep 15 by JamesB1979

Dykes played a blinder for Scotland vs Norway. He needs better service from midfield. Much underrated player.
Seeking home comfort – Preview on 13:56 - Sep 16 with 1300 viewsstainrods_elbow

Seeking home comfort – Preview on 12:55 - Sep 16 by uwontbegrinningsoon

Dykes played a blinder for Scotland vs Norway. He needs better service from midfield. Much underrated player.

What exactly does he do at/for QPR that deserves a higher rating? Mediocre scoring record, poor touch in the box, rarely makes (and takes) a chance for himself, and, for a big man, for me often fails to rough up his centre back enough. Even Hugill did better on all those fronts. He's also 28 next month and for me is unlikely to get much better.

I would have him among the subs today, but that's all - he needs to win his place back. Especially if GA could somehow get Willock back to some semblance of his best, I'd use him off the bench after that too.

Poll: How many points will we manage from our first 5 games with this squad?

Seeking home comfort – Preview on 14:55 - Sep 16 with 1219 viewsDamo1962

Seeking home comfort – Preview on 12:55 - Sep 16 by uwontbegrinningsoon

Over-rated more like it. But he is all we have...so go on Lyndon make me smile 😀
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024