Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Spurs stadium 18:19 - May 26 with 4090 viewsWatfordR

Went along for the Champions Cup rugby yesterday. First time at their new stadium, and a few thoughts/observations:

The stadium itself is absolutely awesome. Seating, atmosphere, food and drink outlets, merchandising outlets, facilities all top class and imho probably better than Wembley. Sold out stadium and none of the concourse felt in any way cramped or uncomfortable.

Draught beer options a little limited, Heineken or Neck Oil, obviously no Guinness was probably a bit of a glaring miss, but vodka bars, gin bars, whacking long bars to get your beer.

Food was a bit meh I thought, pies, sausage rolls, hot dogs, none of them much better than average really. Interestingly, the staff behind the counters probably not very much more inspiring than what we get at LR. I guess getting decent quality staff for one day every other week is as much a problem for them as us. But obviously a lot more of them yesterday, so maybe the quality of service depended a bit on who you got.

We are probably better placed for transport options to and away from the ground. WHL or Bruce Grove, otherwise it's a long walk to Tottenham Hale of Seven Sisters.

i don't know how long it took to get planning approval for the redevelopment of the stadium, but bang in the middle of a busy town centre, getting it done strikes me as quite an achievement.

Bottom line I suppose is that it's an excellent facility for making money; reputedly the club reckoned to clear a profit of £1m on each match day from hospitality when the stadium opened, and that figure must have increased by now. The stadium will have paid for itself within 10 years I'd imagine.
Spurs stadium on 03:19 - May 30 with 377 viewsSydneyRs

Spurs stadium on 22:27 - May 29 by stainrods_elbow

Seconded - the cult of 'modernisation' is quite often a synonym for 'anaesthetisation'. What never gets analysed is the social engineering of people's expectations. If memory serves, I paid £1.50 or thereabouts to stand on the Loft in 1980/81 - less than a fiver in modern money. I'd roll back the years like a shot!

18 quid for my first season ticket in the Loft to see us finish 5th in 83/84 wearing our best ever shirt. Those were the days!
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024