Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New Parking procedure at JCS 04:12 - May 31 with 568 viewsnoah4x4

The new ANPR system is perhaps inevitable, given the opening of the Northern Gateway. If not, people using the various restaurants will use the football club parking rather than the designated leisure park parking.

On First XI match days, all car visitors will pre-pay as normal.

On non-First XI match days, visitors to an event at the stadium must register their cars on the touch screens in Reception for free parking, else they pay. Fair enough.

What is unclear is how it will work for CUSA members that meet at the Stadium and travel to away games by CUSA bus. We typically arrive and park our cars before Reception is open and often depart after midnight when it is shut.

How do we gain exemption, or is the club going to financially penalise its most loyal followers? A solution is necessary, else the club will score a massive ‘own goal’.
New Parking procedure at JCS on 08:58 - May 31 with 524 viewsburnsieespana

How I hate these cameras for parking as so inflexible and ultimately costly.
New Parking procedure at JCS on 09:17 - May 31 with 514 viewsRSCOSWORTH

The club replied to a comment on Facebook last night confirming that supporters parking in the car park when travelling to away games will indeed have to pay to park. As you can imagine this was met with the outrage and disdain it deserves. The club needs to undo this and pretty quickly in my opinion. Why oh why are we so bad at PR. Just when we start to get a bit of good feeling going between the club and supporters again they come up with some ridiculous way to knock it back again. Obviously I appreciate the need to police the car park more stringently going forward but there is no way that our away fans should be paying to park when travelling to away games. Terrible, terrible call by the club.

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

New Parking procedure at JCS on 09:29 - May 31 with 505 viewsburnsieespana

This sort of action causes more anger than almost anything else.
New Parking procedure at JCS on 09:47 - May 31 with 503 viewsRSCOSWORTH

New Parking procedure at JCS on 09:29 - May 31 by burnsieespana

This sort of action causes more anger than almost anything else.

Spot on. The fans were not happy last night and I can't say I blame them.

New Parking procedure at JCS on 10:22 - May 31 with 496 viewswessex_exile

New Parking procedure at JCS on 09:47 - May 31 by RSCOSWORTH

Spot on. The fans were not happy last night and I can't say I blame them.

That is an atrocious decision - sometimes I despair at Colchester United's ability to score massive own goals just when the feelgood factor is returning. They need to fix this pronto, and not in a "we've listened to the fans" way, but in an open honest "sorry, we f'cked that up, it won't happen again" way.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

New Parking procedure at JCS on 10:52 - May 31 with 483 viewsRSCOSWORTH

New Parking procedure at JCS on 10:22 - May 31 by wessex_exile

That is an atrocious decision - sometimes I despair at Colchester United's ability to score massive own goals just when the feelgood factor is returning. They need to fix this pronto, and not in a "we've listened to the fans" way, but in an open honest "sorry, we f'cked that up, it won't happen again" way.

Completely agree. They need to act quickly though.

I don't know how they manage to get it so wrong sometimes.

New Parking procedure at JCS on 20:59 - May 31 with 434 viewsWitham

I've not been involved in parking schemes such as this but there will be Councils who have the need to waive the charge for their own vehicles accessing their anpr controlled car parks. Does anyone have a District Council contact?
I'm also up for some form of campaign to enable our away supporters to park on site for away games. I am also surprised we haven't had a holding response from Robbie.
New Parking procedure at JCS on 00:51 - Jun 1 with 407 viewsnoah4x4

I didn’t hear about the club’s Facebook response until after I started this thread. The general opinion seems to be that there has been a misunderstanding.

Yes, on a match day, Away Supporters must pay, just like home supporters, but surely there is no intent to penalise those home fans parking to catch the CUSA bus when the U’s are away?

Also, let’s assume an exception does apply where travelling U’s Away support can register their cars. What happens if the CUSA bus doesn’t arrive back until after midnight?

I am sure this can be resolved, but fans need to ask the right questions.
Login to get fewer ads

New Parking procedure at JCS on 10:27 - Jun 4 with 286 viewswessex_exile

New Parking procedure at JCS on 00:51 - Jun 1 by noah4x4

I didn’t hear about the club’s Facebook response until after I started this thread. The general opinion seems to be that there has been a misunderstanding.

Yes, on a match day, Away Supporters must pay, just like home supporters, but surely there is no intent to penalise those home fans parking to catch the CUSA bus when the U’s are away?

Also, let’s assume an exception does apply where travelling U’s Away support can register their cars. What happens if the CUSA bus doesn’t arrive back until after midnight?

I am sure this can be resolved, but fans need to ask the right questions.

Looks like someone at Col U has woken up and smelt the coffee - seems a solution is being sorted - good news if so.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

New Parking procedure at JCS on 15:56 - Jun 4 with 257 viewsRSCOSWORTH

New Parking procedure at JCS on 10:27 - Jun 4 by wessex_exile

Looks like someone at Col U has woken up and smelt the coffee - seems a solution is being sorted - good news if so.

Sounds like they're getting there but still need to do more. It feels to me like a pretty simple problem to overcome.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024