Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Colchester: 5 games in - Blog 17:54 - Sep 13 with 551 viewsTheNavigator

Hello all,

Neutral fan here. I've been doing a lot of analysis and viewing of League 2 games this season and recently decided to attempt to start blogging. I'm a Huddersfield fan and have a bit of a soft spot for Colchester, and decided after watching some games to do my first blog piece on Colchester with a planned further update later on in the season and also a piece on Samson Tovide who fascinates me.

I hope this is allowed, if not, feel free to delete. I'd love to hear feedback and thoughts especially if you feel I am beinng very wrong on some parts!

https://the-glancing-header.squarespace.com/blog/colchester-united-5-games-in

Thanks again!
Colchester: 5 games in - Blog on 18:01 - Sep 13 with 493 viewsburnsieespana

Did you know our original shirt was based on Huddersfield's?
The Cowley brothers also, of course Managed Huddersfield!
[Post edited 13 Sep 18:03]
Colchester: 5 games in - Blog on 19:10 - Sep 13 with 376 viewsTheNavigator

Colchester: 5 games in - Blog on 18:01 - Sep 13 by burnsieespana

Did you know our original shirt was based on Huddersfield's?
The Cowley brothers also, of course Managed Huddersfield!
[Post edited 13 Sep 18:03]

I didn't actually!

Indeed. They very much divided opinion when they were here. I personally was a fan and thought getting rid of them in the manner we did was a poor decision at the time.
Colchester: 5 games in - Blog on 20:11 - Sep 13 with 341 viewsdurham_exile

Colchester: 5 games in - Blog on 19:10 - Sep 13 by TheNavigator

I didn't actually!

Indeed. They very much divided opinion when they were here. I personally was a fan and thought getting rid of them in the manner we did was a poor decision at the time.

Of course you almost appointed Parky but he decided at the 11th hour to stay in London.

The empty chair at the press conference was really bizarre.

Regarding your piece on the U's I thought it was measured and a fair assessment.

When you revisit the U's tuu will note some key changes to the squad.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Colchester: 5 games in - Blog on 20:38 - Sep 13 with 334 viewsTheNavigator

Colchester: 5 games in - Blog on 20:11 - Sep 13 by durham_exile

Of course you almost appointed Parky but he decided at the 11th hour to stay in London.

The empty chair at the press conference was really bizarre.

Regarding your piece on the U's I thought it was measured and a fair assessment.

When you revisit the U's tuu will note some key changes to the squad.

Up the U's

I remember that really well. I was on the way to school and had it on the radio in the car. I recall the confusion over the delay and then as you mention the pictures of the empty chair!

I'm sure he will get an interesting reception when we get Wrexham at our place this season.

I think we then went for Andy Ritchie instead, which must've made him felt great as sloppy seconds.

Through football forums I had a really close relationship with a couple of Colchester fans. Still in contact with them now, but very in-touch between 2005-2010. I remember fondly making as many food-related Dean Gerken jokes as I could as well as very surreal memories of David Perkins (playing against us) and the amount of abuse he got on one particular occasion (not sure why).
Colchester: 5 games in - Blog on 20:40 - Sep 13 with 333 viewsMarkyMark47

Really enjoyed your piece. Clearly a lot of thought has gone into it. I agree with your comments on Gordon, and I also thought Anderson looked off the pace. Perhaps not fully recovered from the injury toward the end of last season? The cross for Edwards' goal came from Payne I think rather than Egbo. Will look forward to your thoughts on Tovide. Still very raw and inexperienced in my view. And there is an ongoing issue with temperament I think.
Colchester: 5 games in - Blog on 20:55 - Sep 13 with 303 viewsTheNavigator

Colchester: 5 games in - Blog on 20:40 - Sep 13 by MarkyMark47

Really enjoyed your piece. Clearly a lot of thought has gone into it. I agree with your comments on Gordon, and I also thought Anderson looked off the pace. Perhaps not fully recovered from the injury toward the end of last season? The cross for Edwards' goal came from Payne I think rather than Egbo. Will look forward to your thoughts on Tovide. Still very raw and inexperienced in my view. And there is an ongoing issue with temperament I think.

Thanks very much. And correct you are re: Edwards assist. I'll correct that. Thanks for the heads-up.

Tovide I'll be honest. I've seen him play 4/5 times over the last, I think 2-3 years. Each time I've seen him I've thought ''he won't be there in a year'' anticipating interest from higher up in the pyramid. But I'd never actually seen him score before so checked his record and that got me thinking. I also had him in my mind as 22-23 until a couple of weeks ago, when I realised he was in fact still just 20.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024