Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
S.O.S 17:01 - Jan 7 with 3733 viewsDaleFan7

Something drastic is going to have to happen to keep us in this division, just hope it comes soon enough :/
S.O.S on 17:04 - Jan 7 with 3705 viewssweetcorn

www.overreactiontodefeat.com

Admittedly its disappointing to have lost a very winnable game, but beech is going to have teething problems early days if he is to stay on as our manager, so hopefully its a mistake he will learn from and will see us and beech come out stronger next week.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

S.O.S on 17:05 - Jan 7 with 3678 viewsrafc1984

I dont ever remember having so many strikers at the club, and we have scored only once in 5 games.
Looking at the table, even 3 points wont get us out of the bottom 4
S.O.S on 17:06 - Jan 7 with 3671 viewsD_Alien

S.O.S on 17:04 - Jan 7 by sweetcorn

Admittedly its disappointing to have lost a very winnable game, but beech is going to have teething problems early days if he is to stay on as our manager, so hopefully its a mistake he will learn from and will see us and beech come out stronger next week.

"FFS. As much as i want beech to do well, i honestly dont think hes the man to get us out of this hole that we are in, beech would be more of a manager i'd like to see come in at the start of summer, decide who goes and who stays and then build a squad with the characteristics that he wants in his team, however, i feel as though we need to have a more experienced pro at the helm to see us out of the mess steve errrr has put us into."

Here's your earlier over-reaction

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

S.O.S on 17:08 - Jan 7 with 3643 viewsjorafc

Think it can just be put down to a bad game - everyone has them - the improvement we have seen so far with Beech, I think shows he is capable of taking us to the end of the season and keeping us up (hopefully)

Team didnt look to balanced today - maybe it was an experiment? I think Beechy has enough about him to realise it didnt work and improve ready for the next game.

S.O.S on 17:08 - Jan 7 with 3634 viewsdale_upon_tyne

SOS? Not having that.

Beechy won't be feeling sorry for himself tonight - we're not drifting towards L2, rudderless, like we were under Eyre.

I fully expect a different starting 11 to those that went out there today and I fully expect a big response. Whether Beech can turn the positive reaction I expect into 3 points remains to be seen.

I'm not giving up on this management team just yet. NO FEAR.
S.O.S on 17:09 - Jan 7 with 3629 viewsKnowlesy

S.O.S on 17:04 - Jan 7 by sweetcorn

Don't really think it's an overreaction to defeat to be fair, it's more of the fact that despite a new manager, a refreshing change in personnel and a visit to a team that hasn't won in 8 games at home has brought a defeat. This IS very worrying, I like the way that Beech has started his time in charge but you can't deny it's going to take a monumental effort to turn this season around and stay up.

No one's slagged off Beech in this thread, it's just realistic.
S.O.S on 17:09 - Jan 7 with 3616 viewssweetcorn

S.O.S on 17:06 - Jan 7 by D_Alien

"FFS. As much as i want beech to do well, i honestly dont think hes the man to get us out of this hole that we are in, beech would be more of a manager i'd like to see come in at the start of summer, decide who goes and who stays and then build a squad with the characteristics that he wants in his team, however, i feel as though we need to have a more experienced pro at the helm to see us out of the mess steve errrr has put us into."

Actually that had nothing to do with the defeat, that was my opinion when beech took over and i maintain that opinion, however i'm not gonna go crazy over us losing. Surely most people with half a shread of sense know that you need experience to get you out of a mess.

S.O.S on 17:10 - Jan 7 with 3591 viewsdale_upon_tyne

S.O.S on 17:09 - Jan 7 by sweetcorn

Actually that had nothing to do with the defeat, that was my opinion when beech took over and i maintain that opinion, however i'm not gonna go crazy over us losing. Surely most people with half a shread of sense know that you need experience to get you out of a mess.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keith_Hill_(footballer)
Login to get fewer ads

S.O.S on 17:11 - Jan 7 with 3582 viewsD_Alien

S.O.S on 17:09 - Jan 7 by sweetcorn

So he's signed Bog & Ormerod - their experience didn't seem to work today

But it's far too early to make any judgement on whether Beech has the right stuff or not. Nothing to do with shreads (sic) or anything

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

S.O.S on 17:17 - Jan 7 with 3532 viewsolympicdale

S.O.S on 17:06 - Jan 7 by D_Alien

who exactly would get us out of it? i think we're fcuked either way unfortunately,.

Life is a game of fate.

S.O.S on 17:21 - Jan 7 with 3498 viewsDaleFan7

S.O.S on 17:17 - Jan 7 by olympicdale

who exactly would get us out of it? i think we're fcuked either way unfortunately,.

I do, the only other person I would have brought in was O'Driscoll. I didn't start the thread as a bad word on what Beech has done or him as a manager, I just think as a team we are on our arses now.
S.O.S on 17:27 - Jan 7 with 3456 viewssweetcorn

S.O.S on 17:10 - Jan 7 by dale_upon_tyne

Oh right, so because its worked once its going to happen again? in that case i look forward to seeing manchester united deploying this tactic in replacing Sir Alex.

I now feel safe we'll stay up because hill did, therefore its obviously going to happen again. durr.

S.O.S on 17:30 - Jan 7 with 3433 viewsolympicdale

S.O.S on 17:10 - Jan 7 by dale_upon_tyne

stop digging up the past ffs, we're in the shit now, the past doesnt matter atm, its not going to make anyone feel better.

Life is a game of fate.

S.O.S on 17:35 - Jan 7 with 3411 viewsdale_upon_tyne

S.O.S on 17:21 - Jan 7 by DaleFan7

I do, the only other person I would have brought in was O'Driscoll. I didn't start the thread as a bad word on what Beech has done or him as a manager, I just think as a team we are on our arses now.

If the only two management options you would have had were Beech or O'Driscoll, what is the "something drastic" you would like to see? Who are you aiming the SOS at??

And if you really think we're "already down" then you've not got anything to worry about. If you're thinking like that, it doesn't matter that the team are "on their arses".

Personally I think we can stay up and I think the negative thinking is nonsense at this stage in the season, we're just 3 points from safety tonight. I don't doubt that the Chairman has to choose from one of two difficult options:
1. Appoint Beech full time
2. Find someone who gives us a better chance of staying up

Either way it's no time to panic for anyone concerned with the club.
S.O.S on 17:44 - Jan 7 with 3373 viewsdale_upon_tyne

S.O.S on 17:30 - Jan 7 by olympicdale

stop digging up the past ffs, we're in the shit now, the past doesnt matter atm, its not going to make anyone feel better.

I was responding to this statement:

"Surely most people with half a shread of sense know that you need experience to get you out of a mess"

My reference to "the past" was in order to prove the above to be utter bollocks.

Could have easily have been another young successful manager - such as:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brendan_Rodgers
S.O.S on 17:45 - Jan 7 with 3362 viewsolympicdale

S.O.S on 17:44 - Jan 7 by dale_upon_tyne

I was responding to this statement:

"Surely most people with half a shread of sense know that you need experience to get you out of a mess"

My reference to "the past" was in order to prove the above to be utter bollocks.

Could have easily have been another young successful manager - such as:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brendan_Rodgers

we got lucky with Hill, very very lucky, it wont happen again.

Life is a game of fate.

S.O.S on 17:50 - Jan 7 with 3341 viewsDale23years

FFS lost one game under beech we will be clear of relegation come middle of April

Poll: Renewing your season ticket

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024