Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
O'Grady 16:54 - Jan 8 with 5397 viewsDaleFan7

Pretty much knocked West Ham out of the FA Cup.

Oh how we miss him.
O'Grady on 17:03 - Jan 8 with 4466 viewsBrierls

No shit sherlock. He isn't coming back, so there's really no point torturing yourself (and others) every time his name appears on the score sheet.
O'Grady on 17:06 - Jan 8 with 4436 viewsDaleFan7

O'Grady on 17:03 - Jan 8 by Brierls

No shit sherlock. He isn't coming back, so there's really no point torturing yourself (and others) every time his name appears on the score sheet.

People like to do it about Hill and what he did/would do now.

I prefer to do it about O'Grady :)
O'Grady on 17:54 - Jan 8 with 4351 viewsDaleAwaydayBot

Fair play to COG

After 3457 forum posts, 11 news comments & 1 match report....The Rochdale Information Robot were Born!!!

O'Grady on 18:16 - Jan 8 with 4303 viewsAtThePeake

Cracking finish.

Tangled up in blue.

O'Grady on 18:17 - Jan 8 with 4291 viewsTVOS1907

O'Grady on 18:16 - Jan 8 by AtThePeake

Cracking finish.

It certainly was - and not a header this time!

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

O'Grady on 18:30 - Jan 8 with 4250 viewsD_Alien

O'Grady on 18:17 - Jan 8 by TVOS1907

It certainly was - and not a header this time!

His new haircut must be helping with the headers, but what's suddenly put the power in those boots? Much as I loved COG for his fantastic all-round forward play, sharp-shooting wasn't something he demonstrated in his time at Dale! Most of his goals barely rippled the back of the net!

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

O'Grady on 19:33 - Jan 8 with 4169 viewsBeechy

Just glad to see him scoring. Even if it is for Wednesday.
O'Grady on 01:42 - Jan 9 with 4031 viewsHK_Dale

O'Grady on 19:33 - Jan 8 by Beechy

Just glad to see him scoring. Even if it is for Wednesday.

Really? So you would be happy if he scored a hattrick against us, because at least he is scoring?
Login to get fewer ads

O'Grady on 01:48 - Jan 9 with 4030 viewsSaxonDale

O'Grady on 01:42 - Jan 9 by HK_Dale

Really? So you would be happy if he scored a hattrick against us, because at least he is scoring?

Jesus Christ is someone not aloud to wish a former player all the best?
O'Grady on 01:58 - Jan 9 with 4023 viewsHK_Dale

O'Grady on 01:48 - Jan 9 by SaxonDale

Jesus Christ is someone not aloud to wish a former player all the best?

I see it like clapping a former player that scores a goal against the team you support, oh wait, that happened...

I guess we are just little old rochdale.

Just to add, wishing a player well is not the probably its just misguided, I feel, to be happy for a player that is scoring goals for another team in our division. Glad he's doing well is perhaps just about bearable.
O'Grady on 07:22 - Jan 9 with 3985 viewsnordenblue

O'Grady on 01:58 - Jan 9 by HK_Dale

I see it like clapping a former player that scores a goal against the team you support, oh wait, that happened...

Just to add, wishing a player well is not the probably its just misguided, I feel, to be happy for a player that is scoring goals for another team in our division. Glad he's doing well is perhaps just about bearable.

It would be much more sporting to just abuse our former players like a club not too far from us?!! I for one will have nothing but praise for Cog if and when we come up against him, the effort and goals he scored for us deserve nothing but thanks, the lad is a legend and perhaps the finest all round striker the clubs has had in my 20+ years of supporting Dale in my eyes
O'Grady on 07:48 - Jan 9 with 3968 viewsHK_Dale

O'Grady on 07:22 - Jan 9 by nordenblue

It would be much more sporting to just abuse our former players like a club not too far from us?!! I for one will have nothing but praise for Cog if and when we come up against him, the effort and goals he scored for us deserve nothing but thanks, the lad is a legend and perhaps the finest all round striker the clubs has had in my 20+ years of supporting Dale in my eyes

No i don't hate him or bear any grudge against him for moving on however i feel that to be glad for him 'scoring' is misplaced good will.
O'Grady on 09:24 - Jan 9 with 3924 viewsTVOS1907

O'Grady on 07:48 - Jan 9 by HK_Dale

No i don't hate him or bear any grudge against him for moving on however i feel that to be glad for him 'scoring' is misplaced good will.

Maybe 'pleased for him on a personal level' is what was meant.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

O'Grady on 14:19 - Jan 9 with 3770 viewsTomRAFC

i honestly do wish cog all the best goal and all

its rediculous to be glad for him to help rochdale progress without wishing him well when rochdale helps him progress

some very bitter people around

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

O'Grady on 14:41 - Jan 9 with 3747 viewsHK_Dale

O'Grady on 14:19 - Jan 9 by TomRAFC

i honestly do wish cog all the best goal and all

its rediculous to be glad for him to help rochdale progress without wishing him well when rochdale helps him progress

some very bitter people around

Not bitter at all matey.

I liken it to being a shareholder in a company which figuratively maybe even literally in some cases, we are. If in our figarative company our star employee leaves to a rival company in the same market space why should I as a shareholder (figaratively) be obligated to be happy for him? Just because I'm not doesn't mean I'm bitter about it.

Although his new haircut is dodgy as
O'Grady on 14:59 - Jan 9 with 3735 viewsTomRAFC

O'Grady on 14:41 - Jan 9 by HK_Dale

Not bitter at all matey.

I liken it to being a shareholder in a company which figuratively maybe even literally in some cases, we are. If in our figarative company our star employee leaves to a rival company in the same market space why should I as a shareholder (figaratively) be obligated to be happy for him? Just because I'm not doesn't mean I'm bitter about it.

you're not a shareholder though are you?

you are a fan and he gave us all some of the happiest moments in dale history

O'Grady on 15:13 - Jan 9 with 3718 viewsHK_Dale

O'Grady on 14:59 - Jan 9 by TomRAFC

you're not a shareholder though are you?

you are a fan and he gave us all some of the happiest moments in dale history

But we are through buying shirts going to games etc. we are investing money into the club, that facilitates them buying players etc. If you want to be an unimaginative pedant would stakeholder suit you?
O'Grady on 15:15 - Jan 9 with 3713 viewsTomRAFC

O'Grady on 15:13 - Jan 9 by HK_Dale

But we are through buying shirts going to games etc. we are investing money into the club, that facilitates them buying players etc. If you want to be an unimaginative pedant would stakeholder suit you?

sorry mate but i am never going to agree with this whole football business analogy

being a dale fan is a passion for me and cog helped the club see the greatest success in its history and if you don't want to wish the man every success in his career after what he did for this club then those are the sourest of grapes

O'Grady on 15:48 - Jan 9 with 3687 viewsBeechy

O'Grady on 01:42 - Jan 9 by HK_Dale

I'm happy to see a former Dale legend, yes legend doing well at his new club. Why wouldn't I? That man won us promotion more or less on his own. Bar Dagnall.

But Dagnall is another, I'd love to see his name pop up every week.

There is a time when COG comes up against us at our very own Spotland. He'll get nothing but a very well deserved and credited round of applause from me anyway. If they are to score against us, personally I'd rather see O'Grady score than any of them over paid gooses he plays with. I for one, and I'm sure others will know, Chris won't celebrate if he did.

He's a top bloke, and a top footballer too.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
O'Grady on 15:55 - Jan 9 with 3670 viewsHK_Dale

O'Grady on 15:15 - Jan 9 by TomRAFC

sorry mate but i am never going to agree with this whole football business analogy

being a dale fan is a passion for me and cog helped the club see the greatest success in its history and if you don't want to wish the man every success in his career after what he did for this club then those are the sourest of grapes

I don't understand where there is some huge obligation to care when a player leaves? Regardless of what he's done. He was great, one of the best, do i care what he does now... no. Do i have to care.... no.
O'Grady on 15:57 - Jan 9 with 3662 viewsBeechy

O'Grady on 15:55 - Jan 9 by HK_Dale

I don't understand where there is some huge obligation to care when a player leaves? Regardless of what he's done. He was great, one of the best, do i care what he does now... no. Do i have to care.... no.

Well that's you, and this is me. I wish the best for him.
O'Grady on 17:55 - Jan 9 with 3572 views442Dale

O'Grady on 01:58 - Jan 9 by HK_Dale

I've clapped the opposition when it's not even been a former player.

Not only goals; saves and tackles too. Is this some kind of error?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

O'Grady on 18:00 - Jan 9 with 3565 viewsD_Alien

O'Grady on 17:55 - Jan 9 by 442Dale

I've clapped the opposition when it's not even been a former player.

Not only goals; saves and tackles too. Is this some kind of error?

It's ok if we're 3-0 up

O'Grady on 18:03 - Jan 9 with 3560 viewsD_Alien

O'Grady on 14:41 - Jan 9 by HK_Dale

Not bitter at all matey.

"Although his new haircut is dodgy as"

But remember, he's based in Sheffield now. If he doesn't look well 'ard they'll think he's gay

O'Grady on 18:03 - Jan 9 with 3557 views442Dale

O'Grady on 18:00 - Jan 9 by D_Alien

It's ok if we're 3-0 up

Bugger.

It was only 2-1.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024