Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Welcoming ex players back... 17:27 - Oct 27 with 3034 viewsDaleaholic

Should be done in the pre-match warm up only. Not when they come on as a sub too.

Getting boring now.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Poll: What should happen with the 'Bowlee fund' money?

Welcoming ex players back... on 17:37 - Oct 27 with 3001 viewsBartRowou

I agree. It's getting inconsistent too. Dean Howell never got a mention once today. As we saw with Redshaw the other week, the feeling is not always mutual and can be thrown back in our faces. If the fans think a player deserves a welcome back, they can chant his name.

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Welcoming ex players back... on 17:41 - Oct 27 with 2981 views442Dale

And if we're doing it, don't just welcome players you remember. Dean Howell contributed almost as much as Ball.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Welcoming ex players back... on 17:41 - Oct 27 with 2978 viewsChaffRAFC

I do think we should welcome back ex Dale players who had a big impact for us. That said, don't agree with it during the game and I don't think ex loan players deserve a mention unless it's someone who's been on loan and had a big impact like say Frank Fielding. Giving David Ball a welcome back was a bit of a joke really, he did next to nothing in his second spell with us.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Welcoming ex players back... on 17:41 - Oct 27 with 2977 viewsDaleAwaydayBot

Only 16 more to return i think unless we draw Stockport County or someone like that in FA Cup 2nd Round

After 3457 forum posts, 11 news comments & 1 match report....The Rochdale Information Robot were Born!!!

Welcoming ex players back... on 17:47 - Oct 27 with 2950 viewsD_Alien

Despite being "invited" to welcome him back, I didn't actually hear anyone in the crowd doing so! Tannoy man really should keep it shut, and stick to facts in a professional manner.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Welcoming ex players back... on 17:48 - Oct 27 with 2945 viewsBartRowou

I sometimes think our stadium announcer sees himself as a cheerleader. He says it, we clap and cheer, he feels like he's made something happen.
Still no concession on the indie drivel either. Wouldn't it be nice for the kids we are trying to attract to have something to tap their toes to? By all means carry on with the Stone Roses b-sides but at least intersperse it with a bit of chart music.
Just hope we get Fleetwood in the FA Cup so we can do it all again.

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Welcoming ex players back... on 17:53 - Oct 27 with 2921 views442Dale

Welcoming ex players back... on 17:48 - Oct 27 by BartRowou

I sometimes think our stadium announcer sees himself as a cheerleader. He says it, we clap and cheer, he feels like he's made something happen.
Still no concession on the indie drivel either. Wouldn't it be nice for the kids we are trying to attract to have something to tap their toes to? By all means carry on with the Stone Roses b-sides but at least intersperse it with a bit of chart music.
Just hope we get Fleetwood in the FA Cup so we can do it all again.

The initiative to get schoolkids using tickets in the Willbutts is doing ok so far. The tannoy has to play a part in this, he has been made aware of it?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Welcoming ex players back... on 17:57 - Oct 27 with 2903 viewspearlstreet1

Can't agree more.
Login to get fewer ads

Welcoming ex players back... on 18:25 - Oct 27 with 2847 viewsTVOS1907

I don't see the point of it at all, unless the player is a club legend and even then I'm undecided.

The problem is once you start, you can't stop without hurting someone.

Like Dean Howell!

I suppose it's 'matey-DJ-type' behaviour.

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

Welcoming ex players back... on 18:26 - Oct 27 with 2843 viewsphomem

Welcoming ex players back... on 18:25 - Oct 27 by TVOS1907

I don't see the point of it at all, unless the player is a club legend and even then I'm undecided.

Like Dean Howell!

Agreed
Welcoming ex players back... on 18:29 - Oct 27 with 2831 viewsD_Alien

Welcoming ex players back... on 18:25 - Oct 27 by TVOS1907

Like Dean Howell!

More like Maitre D' type behaviour!

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Welcoming ex players back... on 18:31 - Oct 27 with 2820 viewsSalwaDale

I like it when I want to welcome a player back and I enjoyed the fact that we clapped Goodall pre-match and he clapped us back. I think he did a lot for us. But David Ball, nah. Didn't clap pre-match and didn't clap when he came on as sub.

As previously stated it is difficult to decide who to do it for. For me I'd rather not have it at all.

TBBT

Welcoming ex players back... on 19:27 - Oct 27 with 2739 viewsCrede

Weren't we in for him in the summer, then him choose Fleetwood over us?
Why would we welcome him back?

History will show he was an average loan player over his two spells
Welcoming ex players back... on 19:44 - Oct 27 with 2704 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Welcoming ex players back... on 19:27 - Oct 27 by Crede

Weren't we in for him in the summer, then him choose Fleetwood over us?
Why would we welcome him back?

History will show he was an average loan player over his two spells

Well hardly suprising really - I dare say he is on a hell of a lot more there than we offered - Remember when we had the Holt bid accepted by Forest - Shrewsbury were paying in excess of 5k a week for him - about 70% more than we were offering - hardly a hard choice is it!!!!!

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Welcoming ex players back... on 19:50 - Oct 27 with 2684 viewsCrede

er, right, ok

I fully understand why he would choose Fl££twood, but back to the original subject, why would we give him such a welcome back~
It's starting to dilute the welcome's of special players who made have made a real impact for us during their time
Welcoming ex players back... on 20:14 - Oct 27 with 2646 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Welcoming ex players back... on 19:50 - Oct 27 by Crede

er, right, ok

I fully understand why he would choose Fl££twood, but back to the original subject, why would we give him such a welcome back~
It's starting to dilute the welcome's of special players who made have made a real impact for us during their time

In fairness I agree - Goodall was a good servent to the club and Ball was not all that - Mind you I remember Steve Whitehall getting all sorts of grief when he returned with Mansfield that was so unfair.

I think it's down to more than just the impact they had tbh - think maybe their off field charecter, level of threat on field, comedy value and all sorts of other factors come into account.

TBH the best response I can remember is Guy Branstons - who was nothing special but gave his all - and him mouthing "FKing Great Fans" to the Dale support after we showed our appreciation

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Welcoming ex players back... on 01:57 - Oct 28 with 2528 viewsrochdale1987

Agree with OP, it's over the top for a player like Ball to even get a mention pre-match, the way he was welcomed back when he came on as a sub was an embarrassment, think it needs erasing from the tannoy schedule quick!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024