Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bumper Boxing Day WHCS crowd to roar U's to victory 12:24 - Dec 26 with 808 viewsdurham_exile

Buoyed by an outstanding U's win at Huish Park TH can approach today's derby encounter with the Gills with more than a degree of optimism.

The luxury of an unchanged team may also help the super U's as they continue their climb to League One safety.

4,4,2 as follows:

Walker

Clohessy Gorkks Eastman Gordon

Hewitt Eastmond Fox Moncur

Massey Sears

Subs:

Lewington Healey Bonne Szmodics Sembie-Ferris Kpekawa Watt

Still out unfortunately are: Gilbey Magnus Kent Wright O'Donoghue & Olufemi

Enjoy the game

Keep the faith

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Bumper Boxing Day WHCS crowd to roar U's to victory on 12:42 - Dec 26 with 802 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Merry Christmas Durham! I'm confident of getting the three points today.

Up the U's!

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

Bumper Boxing Day WHCS crowd to roar U's to victory on 15:51 - Dec 26 with 789 viewsdurham_exile

Bumper Boxing Day WHCS crowd to roar U's to victory on 12:42 - Dec 26 by RSCOSWORTH

Merry Christmas Durham! I'm confident of getting the three points today.

Up the U's!

Merry Christmas RS - we need a storming second half to take something from this game.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Bumper Boxing Day WHCS crowd to roar U's to victory on 15:55 - Dec 26 with 786 viewsgerry_us

Bumper Boxing Day WHCS crowd to roar U's to victory on 15:51 - Dec 26 by durham_exile

Merry Christmas RS - we need a storming second half to take something from this game.

Up the U's

Oooops.
Hi Durham.
Hope you and your good lady are well and enjoyed Xmas Day. We did.
Not sure about Boxing Day....yet!
Bumper Boxing Day WHCS crowd to roar U's to victory on 16:16 - Dec 26 with 785 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Bumper Boxing Day WHCS crowd to roar U's to victory on 15:51 - Dec 26 by durham_exile

Up the U's

We're going to win 3-2!
[Post edited 26 Dec 2014 16:17]

Bumper Boxing Day WHCS crowd to roar U's to victory on 16:25 - Dec 26 with 775 viewsBarsidepete

Bumper Boxing Day WHCS crowd to roar U's to victory on 16:16 - Dec 26 by RSCOSWORTH

We're going to win 3-2!
[Post edited 26 Dec 2014 16:17]

Marry Christmas, James:)

well, at least a fightback. I'd be ok with a comfy 2-2.

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

Bumper Boxing Day WHCS crowd to roar U's to victory on 17:29 - Dec 26 with 759 viewsnoah4x4

How did we not win this?

We gave a away two sloppy goals, having controlled 80% 0f the first half. Then in the second half we absolutely battered them; but scored only once in reply.

I think I have answered my own question.
Bumper Boxing Day WHCS crowd to roar U's to victory on 17:52 - Dec 26 with 743 viewswessex_exile

Bumper Boxing Day WHCS crowd to roar U's to victory on 17:29 - Dec 26 by noah4x4

How did we not win this?

We gave a away two sloppy goals, having controlled 80% 0f the first half. Then in the second half we absolutely battered them; but scored only once in reply.

I think I have answered my own question.

Yep, one of those irritating truisms in football, we're supposed to score more than them... :-(

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Bumper Boxing Day WHCS crowd to roar U's to victory on 19:18 - Dec 26 with 708 viewsBarsidepete

Bumper Boxing Day WHCS crowd to roar U's to victory on 17:52 - Dec 26 by wessex_exile

Yep, one of those irritating truisms in football, we're supposed to score more than them... :-(

The U's didn't score more than the Gills didn't think we would.

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

Login to get fewer ads

Bumper Boxing Day WHCS crowd to roar U's to victory on 08:30 - Dec 27 with 630 viewsPaddyA140

60 miles back in the rain wasn't a lot of fun after another home reverse but again i'm left baffled at how we've lost to some very ordinary opposition... We were superb in the 2nd half and not at all bad in the first, though I missed their 2nd as my 8yo needed a poo on 35 minutes.

i do think we miss Jabo or at least a 'big man' upfront but at least we didn't play too much route one yesterday - the wing play was great (hope Crawley weren't watching). And the best midfield combo is a real head scratcher.... i've not been a fan of Watt in recent weeks for his lack of defensive work but he still looked bright coming on (though at 87 mins, who wouldn't?), and Smodicz had a great 45. If he comes in, who's dropped? for my money it has to be Hewitt. Sears to the bench (Healey seems a little more muscular).

Sunday's lineup? For me:

Healey Smodicz
Massey Moncur Eastmond
Fox
Gordon Eastman Gorkss Clohessy
Walker

Hope Gilbey is back ASAP, Kent too.

Up the U's
Bumper Boxing Day WHCS crowd to roar U's to victory on 10:41 - Dec 27 with 616 viewsRSCOSWORTH

How many times now this season have we been the better side and come away with a point or less? Normally due to the conceding off a soft goal or two as well.

I definitely think we're missing a bit of physicality in the team, we don't really have a Plan B and I'm not sure anyone knows what our strongest XI is.

Gilbey brings a lot of energy and running to the middle of the pitch and I think he has the potential to develop into a decent footballer.

Bumper Boxing Day WHCS crowd to roar U's to victory on 10:58 - Dec 27 with 611 viewsnoah4x4

Szmodics brings pace, urgency, muscle, effort and guts. He has consistently been our best under 21 and deserves many more starts in the First XI. Knows where the goal is and busts a gut to get into scoring opportunities. Frankly, I would try him up front instead of Sears.

Hewitt (advanced) offers so much more than Watt. Back Four is what it is (injuries leave us with not much else). Massey has been my MOM in last two. Moncur super too, but seems frustrated by Sears (e.g so he shoots himself from distance). Our problem is Sears. Can't head, can't hold up a ball, too often not in box. Put him on the bench and give Szmodics and/or Healey the responsibility for getting goals.
Bumper Boxing Day WHCS crowd to roar U's to victory on 17:02 - Dec 30 with 519 viewsLeadbelly

Perhaps I'm alone in this but I thought we were crap in the second half.

Two down due to sloppy defending again we huffed and puffed in the second half but never looked like scoring enough goals to get something from the game. Gillingham probably couldn't believe their luck at being two up at the break and "parked the bus" in the second half. Whilst we had loads of possession it was mainly side to side as we looked for a way through the two ranks of 4 blocking our path. At no point, even after we scored, did I feel we would get a result.

Gillingham's no. 23 (Dack?) was the best player on the pitch, as he was when they beat us in the Paint Pot Trophy.

I listened to the commentary from Crawley and it seemed, again, finishing let us down.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024