Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
And welcome to... 12:26 - Apr 28 with 1898 viewswessex_exile

Joining us next season from League 1, definitely Bury and almost certainly the Mongs. Given their inferior goal difference, I will be amazed if Oldham and Northampton aren't the other two.

Coming up from the Conference, Macclesfield have been champions for some time now. Tranmere are definitely in the semi-finals of the play-offs already, to be joined by either Sutton United or Aldershot (the latter only if they can win at Sutton United today). The first round play-off four will come from one of those two, plus three from Aldershot, Ebbsfleet, Fylde, Boreham Wood, Bromley or Dover - mathematically Wrexham could make it, but they'd have to beat Fylde by a lot of goals, and hope Boreham Wood fall apart at home to bottom of the table Guiseley.

We'll be losing Accrington and Luton, and I reckon Wycombe going up automatically, and I'll stick my neck out and go for Lincoln via the play-offs (a victory for win-ugly I'm afraid). Chesterfield are down, and I can't see Barnet escaping either.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

And welcome to... on 19:14 - Apr 28 with 1865 viewswessex_exile

So Northampton are definitely relegated alongside Bury and the Mongs, unless anyone seriously believes they can make up a 17 goal deficit on Oldham. I suppose, as they play each other next Saturday at Sixfields, that means 9-0 will be enough. Rochdale have been dragged back into it, and must get at least a point at home to Charlton, whilst relying on Oldham to lose. Technically, Wimbledon and Walsall are still not safe, but they do both have a game in hand.

The 1st round Conference play-offs are between Boreham Wood, Aldershot, Ebbsfleet and Fylde, with two from those joining Tranmere and Sutton United in the play-off semi-finals to see who joins Macclesfield in promotion. I have a very good friend who is a long-suffering Tranmere supporter, so I hope for his sake they make it...though Boreham Wood or Ebbsfleet would be attractive local matches if either of those two were victorious.

I didn't give them a snowball in hell's chance of surviving, but Barnet's remarkable victory at Morecambe must give them huge hope they can escape the drop. Their last match is home to doomed Chesterfield, which they must win, and hope Morecambe can't get at least a point at Coventry. No disrespect to Morecambe, but a trip to the Hive (and their excellent facilities for away supporters) is a cracking day out, so I really do hope they pull it off.

As expected, Wycombe finally get themselves back out of League 2 (in the right direction). Mansfield can still gate-crash the League 2 play-off party, but they must beat Crawley Town, and hope that either Lincoln (home to Yeovil) or Coventry (as above, home to Morecambe) lose - I can't see it happening though. That would just leave the final placings between Exeter, Notts County, Coventry City and Lincoln to be decided, and the U's will have a big part to play in that matter next Saturday at t'other St James's Park.

Up the U's

And welcome to... on 11:15 - May 6 with 1762 viewswessex_exile

As an update, we will be joined by Oldham, Northampton, McDongs and Bury from League 1. Accrington, Luton and Wycombe are promoted, and it'll be one from Exeter, Notts County, Coventry and Lincoln to join them. Chesterfield and Barnet drop out of the league, so it's a sad farewell to the excellent facilities at the Hive for now.

In the National league, Boreham Wood and Ebbsfleet progressed through the 1st round of the play-offs, with Ebbsfleet going out in the first semi-final yesterday against Tranmere. Sutton United play Boreham Wood in the second semi-final today, to see who competes against Tranmere for promotion alongside Macclesfield.

Using Noah's latitude-o-meter as a gauge, overall it's not that good for a team that seems to develop a nosebleed anywhere north of the park and ride...

Up the U's

And welcome to... on 11:27 - May 6 with 1761 viewsdurham_exile

And welcome to... on 11:15 - May 6 by wessex_exile

As an update, we will be joined by Oldham, Northampton, McDongs and Bury from League 1. Accrington, Luton and Wycombe are promoted, and it'll be one from Exeter, Notts County, Coventry and Lincoln to join them. Chesterfield and Barnet drop out of the league, so it's a sad farewell to the excellent facilities at the Hive for now.

In the National league, Boreham Wood and Ebbsfleet progressed through the 1st round of the play-offs, with Ebbsfleet going out in the first semi-final yesterday against Tranmere. Sutton United play Boreham Wood in the second semi-final today, to see who competes against Tranmere for promotion alongside Macclesfield.

Using Noah's latitude-o-meter as a gauge, overall it's not that good for a team that seems to develop a nosebleed anywhere north of the park and ride...

But it does mean I can become acclimatised once again with the demilitarised zone that is Boundary Park on a Tuesday night in November.

Tranmere also produce a superb fanzine.

Deep joy

Up the U's

Durham_exile

And welcome to... on 13:36 - May 6 with 1750 viewsLeadbelly

I do hope Tranmere regain league status as the fans I have met have always been decent guys as well as knowledgeable about their team. All makes for a pleasant pre-match pint or two.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

And welcome to... on 22:13 - May 6 with 1716 viewswessex_exile

And welcome to... on 13:36 - May 6 by Leadbelly

I do hope Tranmere regain league status as the fans I have met have always been decent guys as well as knowledgeable about their team. All makes for a pleasant pre-match pint or two.

Couldn't agree more, I'm looking forward to another trip to Prenton Park and the excellent pub (Steam Clipper?) all being well.

Up the U's

And welcome to... on 11:53 - May 7 with 1694 viewsFruitbat

And welcome to... on 13:36 - May 6 by Leadbelly

Saw a bit of their game against Ebbsfleet and they were making hard work of it but having watched Sutton against Boreham Wood yesterday then they really ought to win the final. Boreham Wood managed to win by virtue of being marginally less awful than their opponents and have an injury list longer than ours for most of the season.
And welcome to... on 18:01 - May 7 with 1672 viewsgerry_us

Quote of the season for me..

"Noah's latitude-o-meter as a gauge, overall it's not that good for a team that seems to develop a nosebleed anywhere north of the park and ride..."

Brilliant...but not for us "up North".
And welcome to... on 17:16 - May 8 with 1610 viewsthrillseeker

Sorry but I couldn't care less about how nice the Tranmere fans are and really want Borehamwood to win promotion due to closeness to home

Sorry to the exiles about my selfish stance on this
Login to get fewer ads

And welcome to... on 18:35 - May 8 with 1604 viewsdurham_exile

And welcome to... on 17:16 - May 8 by thrillseeker

Sorry but I couldn't care less about how nice the Tranmere fans are and really want Borehamwood to win promotion due to closeness to home

Sorry to the exiles about my selfish stance on this

TS - no offence taken

I will still be able to "enjoy"

Mansfield
Carlisle
Crewe
Grimsby
Port Vale
FGR
Morecambe
Oldham
Bury
Macclesfield
Possibly Tranmere
Lincoln or Notts Co or Coventry
Cheltenham

Still a Northern centric league

Can we get out of this dreaded league at the third time of asking.

On paper it looks weak.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

And welcome to... on 21:05 - May 8 with 1593 viewsLeadbelly

And welcome to... on 18:35 - May 8 by durham_exile

TS - no offence taken

I will still be able to "enjoy"

Mansfield
Carlisle
Crewe
Grimsby
Port Vale
FGR
Morecambe
Oldham
Bury
Macclesfield
Possibly Tranmere
Lincoln or Notts Co or Coventry
Cheltenham

Still a Northern centric league

Can we get out of this dreaded league at the third time of asking.

On paper it looks weak.

Up the U's

Can we get out of this dreaded league? In which direction were you thinking?

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

And welcome to... on 21:26 - May 8 with 1588 viewsdurham_exile

And welcome to... on 21:05 - May 8 by Leadbelly

Can we get out of this dreaded league? In which direction were you thinking?

Exactly LB - The only way is up and things can only get better spring to mind.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

And welcome to... on 17:15 - May 12 with 1498 viewsmfb_cufc

It will be Tranmere who we play next season, as they beat Boreham Wood 2-1 after playing with 10 men for 89 minutes.

mfb

And welcome to... on 00:06 - May 13 with 1475 viewsdurham_exile

And welcome to... on 17:15 - May 12 by mfb_cufc

It will be Tranmere who we play next season, as they beat Boreham Wood 2-1 after playing with 10 men for 89 minutes.

Tranmere deserved it as well.

In 2003 I saw Colchester play out a 0-0 draw at Victoria Park against Hartlepool after Alan White was sent off after 90 seconds. So respect to battle for 89 mins and at Wembley as well.

I will be at Prenton Park next season.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024