Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Super U's to clip Robins' wings in Carabao Cup encounter 14:05 - Aug 13 with 1376 viewsdurham_exile

After the disappointment of an undeserved narrow defeat at Plymouth on Saturday JM and his charges prepare to entertain Swindon Town in the Carabao Cup tonight followed by a local derby against Cambridge United on Saturday.

Both vital games, first because we haven’t registered a victory yet this season and secondly because the opportunity to play in Round 2 of the League Cup is something that we haven’t experienced for several years.

No pressure then. The one thing that is going to be brought up time and again unless we make a signing is the lack of firepower up front. Plymouth proved that you have to be ruthless in order to make chances count. Sarcevic’s shot was one of only two on target but it resulted in the vital match winner. Small margins because Tom Lapslie was a whisker away from converting a low cross only minutes before.

Our squad is good enough to secure vital results, but they must convert opportunities and unless we do so there will be hard luck stories come the end of the season.

Richie Wellens brings his Swindon Town side to the JobServe stadium this evening having started well in the league, but he is another manager seeking strikers. Over 7,000 supporters witnessed their 3-2 comeback win against Carlisle at the weekend.

Tonight, though is all about Colchester securing a cup win a rarity over the past 10 seasons.

Will Kane Vincent-Young play given the predatory interest from the Farmers. Frankly their interest has been introduced following unsuccessful attempts to prose him away by both Luton and Charlton.
But Ipswich are in dire financial straits and we should be able to resist their advances.

So will JM change any aspect of the team. I certainly would. Lets give Omar Sowunmi an opportunity with a home debut tonight in place of Luke Prosser. Prosser had an indifferent game at Plymouth and was badly outpaced in the first half when he had a yard on his opponent.

Vincent-Young must play and so must talisman Ryan Jackson who looked the part again when he came on second half against the Pilgrims. I would also give Ethan Ross an opportunity between the sticks. I would bring Gambin in for Senior who despite seeing a lot of the ball was profligate with it and failed to inspire his colleagues.

Leave Harry Pell on the physio table we need him on Saturday against Cambridge.

So, the team:

Ross

Jackson Eastman Sowunmi Vincent-Young

Lapslie Stevenson

Gambin Brown Nouble

Norris

Subs:

Gerken Kensdale Prosser Chilvers Comley Hasanally Senior

Weather tonight is 17 degrees Celsius and it will be partly sunny at kick off.

Enjoy the game.

Up the U’s

[Post edited 13 Aug 2019 17:24]

Durham_exile

Super U's to clip Robins' wings in Carabao Cup encounter on 16:44 - Aug 13 with 849 viewsthrillseeker

Durham - another positive preview

Due to holidays this is my first game of the season - I can't wait
Super U's to clip Robins' wings in Carabao Cup encounter on 17:26 - Aug 13 with 838 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to clip Robins' wings in Carabao Cup encounter on 16:44 - Aug 13 by thrillseeker

Durham - another positive preview

Due to holidays this is my first game of the season - I can't wait

TS enjoy the game, hope you witness a home victory.

UTU's

Durham_exile

Super U's to clip Robins' wings in Carabao Cup encounter on 19:20 - Aug 13 with 808 viewsdurham_exile

Team as suggested except KVY omitted.

I do not understand why we resisted Luton and Charlton bids only to roll over when the scum come sniffing.
They have no money.

Frankly I would rather he would have gone to a championship side rather than a lame league one outfit.

Absolutely incandescent over this.

UTU's

Durham_exile

Super U's to clip Robins' wings in Carabao Cup encounter on 19:40 - Aug 13 with 801 viewswessex_exile

Super U's to clip Robins' wings in Carabao Cup encounter on 19:20 - Aug 13 by durham_exile

Team as suggested except KVY omitted.

I do not understand why we resisted Luton and Charlton bids only to roll over when the scum come sniffing.
They have no money.

Frankly I would rather he would have gone to a championship side rather than a lame league one outfit.

Absolutely incandescent over this.

UTU's

I know what you mean Durham, but if we're going to squeeze the pips out of Ipshit, test what they really can afford, not cup-tying KVY is going to help with that. Sad reality is if they do offer what we value KVY at (and rumours on the OMB suggest Luton offered £1m+ and were rejected), we will have to sell.

As for tonight, good to see a very strong line-up, and particularly Gambin getting his first start.

Up the U's!!!

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

Super U's to clip Robins' wings in Carabao Cup encounter on 19:51 - Aug 13 with 792 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to clip Robins' wings in Carabao Cup encounter on 19:40 - Aug 13 by wessex_exile

I know what you mean Durham, but if we're going to squeeze the pips out of Ipshit, test what they really can afford, not cup-tying KVY is going to help with that. Sad reality is if they do offer what we value KVY at (and rumours on the OMB suggest Luton offered £1m+ and were rejected), we will have to sell.

As for tonight, good to see a very strong line-up, and particularly Gambin getting his first start.

Up the U's!!!

I sincerely hope that Luton see them off tonight.

UTU's

Durham_exile

Super U's to clip Robins' wings in Carabao Cup encounter on 20:39 - Aug 13 with 774 viewsthrillseeker

HT assessment

Gerken - good. Kept us in game
Jackson - OK
Bramall - OK
Lapslie - shocking
Prosser - not great
Eastman - STAND OUT PLAYER
Stevenson - started poorly but good last 20 mins
Clampin - OK
Nouble - poor
Norris - poor
Brown - started poorly but looking good now

Appalling game.

Possibly less than 1500
Super U's to clip Robins' wings in Carabao Cup encounter on 20:40 - Aug 13 with 773 viewswessex_exile

Super U's to clip Robins' wings in Carabao Cup encounter on 19:51 - Aug 13 by durham_exile

I sincerely hope that Luton see them off tonight.

UTU's

Well they're doing the job right now, 2-0 up at Kenilworth Rd. Rather funny really, when you think about it. Could have had KVY for a paltry compensation payment, now not only have to pay top dollar if they want him, but for a player not cup-tied in a competition they're about to bow out of as things stand. I just feel sorry for the local businesses they won't pay in order to raid the piggy bank...

Up the U's

Super U's to clip Robins' wings in Carabao Cup encounter on 20:43 - Aug 13 with 771 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to clip Robins' wings in Carabao Cup encounter on 20:39 - Aug 13 by thrillseeker

HT assessment

Gerken - good. Kept us in game
Jackson - OK
Bramall - OK
Lapslie - shocking
Prosser - not great
Eastman - STAND OUT PLAYER
Stevenson - started poorly but good last 20 mins
Clampin - OK
Nouble - poor
Norris - poor
Brown - started poorly but looking good now

Appalling game.

Possibly less than 1500

Sorry to hear it
Sounds grim plus attendance
Considering the lure of a second round toe and money and possibly TV need a good second 45

UTU's

Durham_exile

Login to get fewer ads

Super U's to clip Robins' wings in Carabao Cup encounter on 21:08 - Aug 13 with 754 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to clip Robins' wings in Carabao Cup encounter on 20:43 - Aug 13 by durham_exile

Sorry to hear it
Sounds grim plus attendance
Considering the lure of a second round toe and money and possibly TV need a good second 45

UTU's

Please sign a striker and by 2 September otherwise
It is going to be a long season

UTU's

Durham_exile

Super U's to clip Robins' wings in Carabao Cup encounter on 21:08 - Aug 13 with 754 viewsLeadbelly

Super U's to clip Robins' wings in Carabao Cup encounter on 20:40 - Aug 13 by wessex_exile

Well they're doing the job right now, 2-0 up at Kenilworth Rd. Rather funny really, when you think about it. Could have had KVY for a paltry compensation payment, now not only have to pay top dollar if they want him, but for a player not cup-tied in a competition they're about to bow out of as things stand. I just feel sorry for the local businesses they won't pay in order to raid the piggy bank...

Luton now three goals to the good. Lambert will be able to concentrate on the league.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Super U's to clip Robins' wings in Carabao Cup encounter on 21:11 - Aug 13 with 748 viewswessex_exile

Down to 10-aside each, Yates and Bramall both red-carded for a tussle.

Up the U's

Super U's to clip Robins' wings in Carabao Cup encounter on 21:12 - Aug 13 with 748 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to clip Robins' wings in Carabao Cup encounter on 21:08 - Aug 13 by Leadbelly

Luton now three goals to the good. Lambert will be able to concentrate on the league.

Good to hear

Colchester Swindon now 10 a side
Bramall and Yates both see red

UTU's

Durham_exile

Super U's to clip Robins' wings in Carabao Cup encounter on 21:16 - Aug 13 with 739 viewsLeadbelly

Both dismissed for violent conduct so assume that will be a three match ban. Not a good time to be selling a full back!

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Super U's to clip Robins' wings in Carabao Cup encounter on 21:23 - Aug 13 with 734 viewsMoor_Pinot

Super U's to clip Robins' wings in Carabao Cup encounter on 21:16 - Aug 13 by Leadbelly

Both dismissed for violent conduct so assume that will be a three match ban. Not a good time to be selling a full back!

Priceless Whales. 1595 watching this non league dross and now the wonder full back we've got to replace the good one we're selling will be unavailable for three games. I'd throw the book at him.
We're paying for a summer of inactivity and a preseason predominantly against some church choir teams. People have paid £15 for this.
Oh dear oh dear.

Moor Pinot

Super U's to clip Robins' wings in Carabao Cup encounter on 21:27 - Aug 13 with 728 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to clip Robins' wings in Carabao Cup encounter on 21:23 - Aug 13 by Moor_Pinot

Priceless Whales. 1595 watching this non league dross and now the wonder full back we've got to replace the good one we're selling will be unavailable for three games. I'd throw the book at him.
We're paying for a summer of inactivity and a preseason predominantly against some church choir teams. People have paid £15 for this.
Oh dear oh dear.

Our new striker has put us 1-0 up

Good old Tom

Durham_exile

Super U's to clip Robins' wings in Carabao Cup encounter on 21:30 - Aug 13 with 726 viewswessex_exile

Super U's to clip Robins' wings in Carabao Cup encounter on 21:27 - Aug 13 by durham_exile

Our new striker has put us 1-0 up

Good old Tom

Exactly - we don't need a striker, we've got a Tom!!

Up the U's

Super U's to clip Robins' wings in Carabao Cup encounter on 21:39 - Aug 13 with 721 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to clip Robins' wings in Carabao Cup encounter on 21:30 - Aug 13 by wessex_exile

Exactly - we don't need a striker, we've got a Tom!!

Bring on Cambridge

UTU's

Durham_exile

Super U's to clip Robins' wings in Carabao Cup encounter on 21:44 - Aug 13 with 711 viewsburnsieespana

Senior puts it beyond doubt.
Re the KVY situation maybe JMc thought it better for his head to be out of the fray.
Super U's to clip Robins' wings in Carabao Cup encounter on 21:44 - Aug 13 with 710 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to clip Robins' wings in Carabao Cup encounter on 21:39 - Aug 13 by durham_exile

Bring on Cambridge

UTU's

It's now a rout!!!!!!

Durham_exile

Super U's to clip Robins' wings in Carabao Cup encounter on 21:46 - Aug 13 with 706 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to clip Robins' wings in Carabao Cup encounter on 21:44 - Aug 13 by durham_exile

It's now a rout!!!!!!

We still need a striker though!

Durham_exile

Super U's to clip Robins' wings in Carabao Cup encounter on 21:47 - Aug 13 with 705 viewswessex_exile

Super U's to clip Robins' wings in Carabao Cup encounter on 21:44 - Aug 13 by durham_exile

It's now a rout!!!!!!

Gutted! Had the U's to win 2-0 in the OMB Prediction League ;-)

Up the U's

Super U's to clip Robins' wings in Carabao Cup encounter on 21:48 - Aug 13 with 703 viewsburnsieespana

Now Comley adds a third!
Super U's to clip Robins' wings in Carabao Cup encounter on 22:04 - Aug 13 with 688 viewswessex_exile

2nd draw tonight apparently, on $ky, which I don't have. Going to keep an eye on the @Carabao_Cup twitter feed instead.

Up the U's

Super U's to clip Robins' wings in Carabao Cup encounter on 22:08 - Aug 13 with 684 viewswessex_exile

Super U's to clip Robins' wings in Carabao Cup encounter on 22:04 - Aug 13 by wessex_exile

2nd draw tonight apparently, on $ky, which I don't have. Going to keep an eye on the @Carabao_Cup twitter feed instead.

We're at Crystal Palace 2nd round - what's not to love, winnable game at Premier League opposition!

Up the U's

Super U's to clip Robins' wings in Carabao Cup encounter on 22:13 - Aug 13 with 676 viewsGOSBTS

Super U's to clip Robins' wings in Carabao Cup encounter on 22:08 - Aug 13 by wessex_exile

We're at Crystal Palace 2nd round - what's not to love, winnable game at Premier League opposition!

Wish it was at home though! As a Brighton fan I have double reason for hoping the U's smash Palace.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024