Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Grecians to have a hair-raising experience on Super Sunday at the JSCS 22:35 - Dec 28 with 1388 viewsdurham_exile

After a superb and well-deserved victory at Orient on Boxing Day JM and his charges entertain the Grecians on a Sunday at the JSCS.

This is a big and important game with the opportunity for Colchester to move into the automatic promotion places.

Table after Boxing day:

Swindon 23 46
Exeter 23 43
Crewe 22 38
COL U 22 37
Bradford 22 37
FGR 23 37
Cheltenham 22 36
Plymouth 21 35

Make no mistake tomorrow is huge with Exeter going to provide a strong challenge for the Super U’s. Matt Taylor has led his team to only one defeat in the last 12 games. Whilst Colchester are now 8 games unbeaten. Two form teams therefore going head to head and I am predicting a United victory by 3-1.

JM is beginning to accept that he can use his squad to good effect, and they are responding well with some good football and some splendid possession and some super goals.

The back four have been consistent this season and is one of the reasons why we have only conceded 20 goals. That is why it was pleasing to see Omar Sowunmi slot in so well at Brisbane Road. In pre-season I watched the team against the Cefn Druids, and he looked head and shoulders (literally) above the other players. Notwithstanding the opposition he looked sharp and assured and it seems that the pairing of Eastman and Prosser has been outstanding, hence his limited opportunities. He also played well against Macclesfield at Moss Rose recently.

Ryan Jackson and Cohen Bramall (note to Cardiff keep your hands off our defender) have been the other two important links at the back and the back four has been solid as a result. Luke Prosser should therefore not play if he is not fully fit tomorrow.

In midfield JM refuses to play his best three players in Pell, Stevenson and Comley. I know why, he wants his wingers but against a team like Exeter, we can still take the game to them, but I would love to see those three as the midfield dream team. They offer strength, composure, ability and dynamism in equal measure.

There is still room for Poku and Harriott and then a single out and out striker in Robinson or Norris or Big Frank.

Gambin can warm the bench and still influence the game later on. Will Courtney Senior play or will he occupy a bench position.

Let us try the following in a 4,3,2,1 formation:

Gerken

Jackson Eastman Sowunmi Bramall

Pell Stevenson Comley

Poku Harriott

Robinson

Subs:

Ross Lapslie Senior Norris Brown Nouble Gambin

Jevani (Panenka) Brown must surely be given some game time eventually and what about the forgotten man Junior who seems destined to become another Macca Bonne. I do hope not because he may be needed towards the end of the season!

Colchester weather at match time is likely to be 6 degrees Celsius, mostly sunny and certainly dry.

I know that it is a Sunday but there is no reason why we can’t see a 5,000 gate for this important game.

40 points at the half way point will set us up nicely for the second half of the season and the prospect of League One football next season. There is plenty still to do but three points against the Grecians will give a huge boost prior to Crawley’s visit on New Year’s Day and the vital game at Stevenage next Saturday.

Safe journey to all travelling to the game. Enjoy the match and cheer on the Super U’s to three more important points.

Up the U’s

A very Happy New Year to all boarders.

Durham_exile

Grecians to have a hair-raising experience on Super Sunday at the JSCS on 06:41 - Dec 29 with 1003 viewsGOSBTS

I’ll be keeping a keen eye on events from the Netherlands as I’m on holiday visiting my wife’s aunt. Is there a way I can pay to watch the game online?

I’d personally be over the moon with a point. Exeter will surely be one of the teams promoted automatically. A draw would ensure we’re ticking along nicely and show that we’re the real deal for at least the playoffs.

Up the U’s!
Grecians to have a hair-raising experience on Super Sunday at the JSCS on 07:43 - Dec 29 with 1001 viewsnoah4x4

Grecians to have a hair-raising experience on Super Sunday at the JSCS on 06:41 - Dec 29 by GOSBTS

I’ll be keeping a keen eye on events from the Netherlands as I’m on holiday visiting my wife’s aunt. Is there a way I can pay to watch the game online?

I’d personally be over the moon with a point. Exeter will surely be one of the teams promoted automatically. A draw would ensure we’re ticking along nicely and show that we’re the real deal for at least the playoffs.

Up the U’s!

I believe you need to find a computer with a non UK IP address/ISP, then you can watch the game for €10 via I-Follow.
Grecians to have a hair-raising experience on Super Sunday at the JSCS on 08:05 - Dec 29 with 997 viewswessex_exile

Grecians to have a hair-raising experience on Super Sunday at the JSCS on 07:43 - Dec 29 by noah4x4

I believe you need to find a computer with a non UK IP address/ISP, then you can watch the game for €10 via I-Follow.

You can watch this one on ifollow on UK devices Noah and GOSBTS. As with Orient before and Crawley to come, none of them infringe on the no broadcasting of football matches between 3pm and 5pm on a Saturday. I’ve already got my video pass for thus one, looking forward to it immensely.

Up the U’s

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

Grecians to have a hair-raising experience on Super Sunday at the JSCS on 12:13 - Dec 29 with 944 viewsburnsieespana

Thanks for your over view Durham.
Exeter are not unbeatable if we play to our best and 3 points would be so very useful.
I will be following the game the best I can from Jordan.
Up the mighty blue and whites, strong as an oak tree........
Grecians to have a hair-raising experience on Super Sunday at the JSCS on 12:34 - Dec 29 with 942 viewsGOSBTS

Thanks all, if everyone here is occupied I may buy a pass!
Grecians to have a hair-raising experience on Super Sunday at the JSCS on 15:25 - Dec 29 with 911 viewsdurham_exile

Grecians to have a hair-raising experience on Super Sunday at the JSCS on 12:34 - Dec 29 by GOSBTS

Thanks all, if everyone here is occupied I may buy a pass!

Team change

Gambin instead of Comley otherwise as predicted.

And even better news Harry Pell has equalised.
My 3-1 is still on

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Grecians to have a hair-raising experience on Super Sunday at the JSCS on 15:41 - Dec 29 with 907 viewsdurham_exile

Grecians to have a hair-raising experience on Super Sunday at the JSCS on 15:25 - Dec 29 by durham_exile

Team change

Gambin instead of Comley otherwise as predicted.

And even better news Harry Pell has equalised.
My 3-1 is still on

Up the U's

Lapslie replaces Bramall because of injury

Come on the U's

Durham_exile

Grecians to have a hair-raising experience on Super Sunday at the JSCS on 15:51 - Dec 29 with 904 viewsdurham_exile

Grecians to have a hair-raising experience on Super Sunday at the JSCS on 15:41 - Dec 29 by durham_exile

Lapslie replaces Bramall because of injury

Come on the U's

HT 1-1

Durham_exile

Login to get fewer ads

Grecians to have a hair-raising experience on Super Sunday at the JSCS on 15:58 - Dec 29 with 900 viewsGOSBTS

2 laptops, 4 browsers, 2 missed goals, €12 and 30 minutes later, finally got iPlayer to work! Worth it now though. 50/50 so far from what I’ve seen. I love watching Luke Gambin, a little Messi.

Looking forward to the second half!
Grecians to have a hair-raising experience on Super Sunday at the JSCS on 16:03 - Dec 29 with 899 viewsMoor_Pinot

Grecians to have a hair-raising experience on Super Sunday at the JSCS on 15:51 - Dec 29 by durham_exile

HT 1-1

Second best at the moment Durham. Exeter look and are more experienced, slicker on the sticky pitch and move the ball faster. Don't get your hopes up. Smashing goals. Robinson hasn't yet touched the ball and Poku unable to beat his man this time so changes needed sooner rather than later really but the injury has reduced our effectiveness significantly. Big difference in the opposition today and they're hard and physical.
We need more from Stevenson and Pell second half, they've created little and Harriots had to try and do most himself, unlucky not to score after 54secs but little chance since.
Tough game, heavy pitch.

Moor Pinot

Grecians to have a hair-raising experience on Super Sunday at the JSCS on 16:12 - Dec 29 with 897 viewsdurham_exile

Grecians to have a hair-raising experience on Super Sunday at the JSCS on 16:03 - Dec 29 by Moor_Pinot

Second best at the moment Durham. Exeter look and are more experienced, slicker on the sticky pitch and move the ball faster. Don't get your hopes up. Smashing goals. Robinson hasn't yet touched the ball and Poku unable to beat his man this time so changes needed sooner rather than later really but the injury has reduced our effectiveness significantly. Big difference in the opposition today and they're hard and physical.
We need more from Stevenson and Pell second half, they've created little and Harriots had to try and do most himself, unlucky not to score after 54secs but little chance since.
Tough game, heavy pitch.

Pinault thank you for the update.

Clearly a tough game.

Attendance 4,739

Hoping for a Col U goal soonest

UTU's

Durham_exile

Grecians to have a hair-raising experience on Super Sunday at the JSCS on 16:21 - Dec 29 with 893 viewsdurham_exile

Grecians to have a hair-raising experience on Super Sunday at the JSCS on 16:12 - Dec 29 by durham_exile

Pinault thank you for the update.

Clearly a tough game.

Attendance 4,739

Hoping for a Col U goal soonest

UTU's

Swindon losing 2-0 at Port Vale
Stevenage have equalised at Plymouth

UTU's

Durham_exile

Grecians to have a hair-raising experience on Super Sunday at the JSCS on 16:22 - Dec 29 with 892 viewsdurham_exile

Grecians to have a hair-raising experience on Super Sunday at the JSCS on 16:21 - Dec 29 by durham_exile

Swindon losing 2-0 at Port Vale
Stevenage have equalised at Plymouth

UTU's

Theo Robinson 2-1

Get in

Durham_exile

Grecians to have a hair-raising experience on Super Sunday at the JSCS on 16:23 - Dec 29 with 891 viewsGOSBTS

Gooooal!! Lovely move in the lead up to it. Get in!
Grecians to have a hair-raising experience on Super Sunday at the JSCS on 16:28 - Dec 29 with 888 viewsdurham_exile

Grecians to have a hair-raising experience on Super Sunday at the JSCS on 16:23 - Dec 29 by GOSBTS

Gooooal!! Lovely move in the lead up to it. Get in!

Big Frank on for Kwame Poku

UTU's q

Durham_exile

Grecians to have a hair-raising experience on Super Sunday at the JSCS on 16:39 - Dec 29 with 886 viewsdurham_exile

Grecians to have a hair-raising experience on Super Sunday at the JSCS on 16:28 - Dec 29 by durham_exile

Big Frank on for Kwame Poku

UTU's q

Tom Lapslie sent off

14 mins to hold out

UTU's

Durham_exile

Grecians to have a hair-raising experience on Super Sunday at the JSCS on 16:40 - Dec 29 with 884 viewsdurham_exile

Grecians to have a hair-raising experience on Super Sunday at the JSCS on 16:39 - Dec 29 by durham_exile

Tom Lapslie sent off

14 mins to hold out

UTU's

Ignore that now 2-2

Come on the U's

Durham_exile

Grecians to have a hair-raising experience on Super Sunday at the JSCS on 16:43 - Dec 29 with 879 viewsdurham_exile

Grecians to have a hair-raising experience on Super Sunday at the JSCS on 16:40 - Dec 29 by durham_exile

Ignore that now 2-2

Come on the U's

Now Sowunmi injured and Kensdale on

UTU's

Durham_exile

Grecians to have a hair-raising experience on Super Sunday at the JSCS on 16:57 - Dec 29 with 875 viewsdurham_exile

Grecians to have a hair-raising experience on Super Sunday at the JSCS on 16:43 - Dec 29 by durham_exile

Now Sowunmi injured and Kensdale on

UTU's

A Desmond unbeaten run continues

UTU's

Durham_exile

Grecians to have a hair-raising experience on Super Sunday at the JSCS on 17:01 - Dec 29 with 868 viewswessex_exile

Grecians to have a hair-raising experience on Super Sunday at the JSCS on 16:57 - Dec 29 by durham_exile

UTU's

A terrific point, against the best side I've seen this season (other than the U's, naturally), particularly after losing Bramall, Sowunmi and then Lapslie for the red card - but we really should have won 3-2 with that last chance for Harry Pell. Still, a draw was definitely the fair result.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

Grecians to have a hair-raising experience on Super Sunday at the JSCS on 17:02 - Dec 29 with 867 viewsGOSBTS

A valiant, valiant effort from the U’s. You’d have thought Exeter had the man sent off at the end, not the U’s. We looked for that winner and Pell almost, almost got it. A very good point and this team has bundles of character. Bravo.

Up the U’s!
Grecians to have a hair-raising experience on Super Sunday at the JSCS on 17:08 - Dec 29 with 857 viewsMoor_Pinot

Grecians to have a hair-raising experience on Super Sunday at the JSCS on 16:57 - Dec 29 by durham_exile

UTU's

Lucky to get a point against a better side, but huge credit to the team.Robinson better in second half and teed up Pell who should have won us the game in The last minute. Pity because I thought we might nick the two one which with the injuries would have been superb. No quibble with penalty or red card,our fault.
None of theirs injured or even marked! Much tougher physically and I would imagine we'll be somewhat changed for Crawley whereas Exeter will still be fresh as daisies.
We fought well and could have won!

Moor Pinot

Grecians to have a hair-raising experience on Super Sunday at the JSCS on 20:55 - Dec 29 with 709 viewsnoah4x4

A great point against a decent League Two side, but arguably two points dropped given the manner in which the equaliser was unluckily conceded (a ricochet clearance turned into fluke pass to their centre forward) whilst Pell missed sitter that my granny would have scored. But as soon as Nouble came on I thought we were repeatedly exposed down Lapslie's flank as Tommy had two running at him. Frank's work rate in defence needs to step up.

I thought it was an awful refereeing performance by the replacement for the always dreadful Charles Breakspear who conspired to injure himself during the minutes silence for Martyn King (RIP). But no complaints about the penalty. However, why a sending off? I thought there was now some guidance about no double jeopardy to apply where an honest last gasp tackle that is simply mistimed results in a penalty. How can it be justified to punish a team twice?

I fear the legacy of this match will be a much changed side on New Years Day and against Stevenage. A third of the team appear to be carrying a knock and Senior withdrew in the warm up.
Grecians to have a hair-raising experience on Super Sunday at the JSCS on 14:47 - Dec 30 with 585 viewsMoor_Pinot

Grecians to have a hair-raising experience on Super Sunday at the JSCS on 17:01 - Dec 29 by wessex_exile

A terrific point, against the best side I've seen this season (other than the U's, naturally), particularly after losing Bramall, Sowunmi and then Lapslie for the red card - but we really should have won 3-2 with that last chance for Harry Pell. Still, a draw was definitely the fair result.

Yes twas a good point Wesser and a good game against a fine grown-up side. I'd be a little worried they might smack us down there in three weeks. Tougher, harder, wiser.
But, you're right Pell should have won it, he's missed 3 sitters recently and was not happy most of the time yesterday.
The injuries are a problem and a side for Wed and Saturday may be quite enigmatic.

Gerke
Jackson
Eastman
Kensdale
Clampin

Gambin (high quality yesterday)
Stevenson
Comley
Pell - if fit

Poku - looking crackered at the mo
Harriot

Assuming Robinson has gone.

We'd still have Norris, Nouble (looks wiped), Coulter, Wiredu and Fernández along with Chilvers. There's also Junior and maybe James to recall.

We shall see but we simply have to find a way to beat Crawley and Stevenage before we get a week to lick wounds.

Moor Pinot

Grecians to have a hair-raising experience on Super Sunday at the JSCS on 17:42 - Dec 30 with 567 viewsdurham_exile

Grecians to have a hair-raising experience on Super Sunday at the JSCS on 14:47 - Dec 30 by Moor_Pinot

Yes twas a good point Wesser and a good game against a fine grown-up side. I'd be a little worried they might smack us down there in three weeks. Tougher, harder, wiser.
But, you're right Pell should have won it, he's missed 3 sitters recently and was not happy most of the time yesterday.
The injuries are a problem and a side for Wed and Saturday may be quite enigmatic.

Gerke
Jackson
Eastman
Kensdale
Clampin

Gambin (high quality yesterday)
Stevenson
Comley
Pell - if fit

Poku - looking crackered at the mo
Harriot

Assuming Robinson has gone.

We'd still have Norris, Nouble (looks wiped), Coulter, Wiredu and Fernández along with Chilvers. There's also Junior and maybe James to recall.

We shall see but we simply have to find a way to beat Crawley and Stevenage before we get a week to lick wounds.

I think the point here is that last season we would have lost 3-2 yesterday.

A creditable 2-2 draw keeps the unbeaten run going and although the injuries are sadly mounting JM must show commitment to the squad.

Jevani Brown must get an opportunity and so must Junior.

Anyway bring on Crawley and Stevenage

UTU's

Durham_exile

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024