Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
12th Happy League - The season round-up 23:20 - Jun 11 with 657 viewsmfb_cufc

First of all I would like thank everybody for their kind comments, regarding my administration of the league. They are all very much appreciated.

Premier
Congratulations to mrhappy for winning the title for the first time. His impressive haul of 37 3 pointers being the defining factor. Gate16 made a brave effort to retain his title, but had to settle for runner-up this time. A position he also obtained in the Charity Shield. Finally rewarded for his consistency by winning the Champions League. mfb_cufc was there or thereabouts all season, but as in the previous season, didn't get enough 3 pointers to win the title. Following his promotion sevebalo had a solid first season in the Premier. One to watch next season. After being in the relegation zone on Boxing Day, a good second half to the season ensured ethicsgirl finished nearer the top than bottom. Four double figure scoring weeks showed what BFG was capable of, but inconsistency means another mid-table finish. After running away with Division One the previous season, noah4x4 found life tougher back in the Premier. Lack of 3 pointers was his problem. Perhaps the biggest shock in this league was to see thrillseeker struggle. Looked like he might be relegated, but class ensured he survived. Another to suffer badly from lack of 3 pointers was wessex_exile, but his impressive 97 1 point outcomes saved him from being relegated. It is well documented that Barsidepete was relegated for the first time. Past form suggests an instant return could be on the cards. OhOriOri returns to Division One after being promoted the previous season. Amazingly he actually topped the table after Week 9. coomster dropped to the bottom three after Week 4, and remained there for the rest of the season. Again past form gives hope for a quick retun.

Division One
Congratulations to Sector4 on winning the title in his first season. Very consistent, and no reason why he won't be going for the Premier title next season. A strong finish to the season from RSCOSWORTH meant he only lost out on the title in the final week. Still did enough to gain automatic promotion in only his second season. TheNet looked a certainty for automatic promotion after his record score in Week 19, but faltered badly. Only gained promotion in the end by getting the correct score in the final game of the play-off final. It looked good for gsy163 at one time as well. Had to settle for losing in the play-offs. BluenWightExile was another to lose in the play-offs, but only in the final game of the final. A good first full season from ColuKev resulted him losing in the play-offs. Tropical_Us was always just shy of the play-off places, and that is where he finished. durham_exile had two top scoring weeks, but lack of consistency, meant he never really threatened to get in the play-offs. Blue4U2 had an incredible season. He had less 3 pointers than anybody in both leagues, but made up for that by being the only one to get a century of 1 point outcomes. Never in contention in the league, but still had a great season by winning the Happy Cup and Charity Shield. Sarboy showed good potential, but was held back by too many missed weeks. gerry_us spent the whole season in the bottom two, but was always a great sport. Daniel won the wooden spoon, but this was down more to missing a number of weeks, than suddenly becoming a bad player.

At the half-way stage of the season I had a look at the results up to that stage. Not surprisingly the 1-1 lead the way, but only just ahead of the 1-0. Now the season has finished these are the final results from the 300 games played. Including the Charity Shield and Play-off games.

1-1.. 46 (15.33%) Maintained top spot. With about one in six ending this way.
1-0.. 39 (13%) Not so many since Boxing Day. But still best bet for a home win.
0-1.. 27 (9%) Not surprising this is the best bet for an away win.
2-0.. 26 (8.67%) Only 9 of these pre Boxing Day. Expected more, and there was.
1-2.. 21 (7%)
2-1.. 19 (6.33%)
0-0.. 16 (5.33%)
3-1.. 16 (5.33%)
1-3.. 14 (4.67%)
2-3.. 13 (4.33%) This one is a real shock. All of these came after Boxing Day.
2-2.. 12 (4%)
3-0.. 11 (3.67%)
3-2... 9 (3%)
0-2... 6 (2%) This is amazing. 50/1 chance for this popular score.
0-3... 5 (1.67%)
4-1... 3 (1%)
4-2... 3 (1%)
0-4... 2 (0.67%)
1-4... 1 (0.33%)
0-6... 1 (0.33%)
1-6... 1 (0.33%)
5-2... 1 (0.33%)
5-1... 1 (0.33%)
7-0... 1 (0.33%)
6-1... 1 (0.33%)
3-3... 1 (0.33%)
0-5... 1 (0.33%)
1-5... 1 (0.33%)
4-0... 1 (0.33%)
2-4... 1 (0.33%) The score that won Blue4U2 the Charity Shield.

Have a great summer everybody. See you all again in August.

mfb

12th Happy League - The season round-up on 12:34 - Jun 12 with 640 viewsmrhappy

SUPERB MFB - x STATS like we have never had or seen before.

I hope you continue in this role.

ALL PRIZES to be issued by end of JULY 2015.
[Post edited 12 Jun 2015 12:48]

MR HAPPY SAYS BE HAPPY - LIFE IS SHORT - MAKE IT COUNT ! GOD BLESS YOU !
Poll: Derby County - how the mighty have fallen - Rooney the Gooney

12th Happy League - The season round-up on 12:45 - Jun 12 with 633 viewsmrhappy

what is the maximum teams we can allow in DIV 1 before we have a DIV 2??

I say 16.

12th Happy League - The season round-up on 15:39 - Jun 12 with 611 viewsBarsidepete

12th Happy League - The season round-up on 12:45 - Jun 12 by mrhappy

I say 16.

You think there will be 16 in D1, really.

And D2 would be how many, 3-4?

The Prem could remain with 3 relegated and Division One could change to three automatically promoted, meaning 4-7 would become the playoff positions.

Feels like the Prem could stand to expand by one.

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

12th Happy League - The season round-up on 17:27 - Jun 12 with 599 viewsmrhappy

we are ever evolving !

12th Happy League - The season round-up on 22:27 - Jun 12 with 578 viewsmfb_cufc

12th Happy League - The season round-up on 12:45 - Jun 12 by mrhappy

I say 16.

The way I see it is that any new members will go into Division One, but if there are too many of them we will create a Division Two to accommodate them. If you put a maximum of say 16 in Division One, like Pete said, you could end up with 4 in Division Two. Also how do you decide what Division new members go into. I would suggest we have a maximum of 19 in Division One, but if there are 8 or more new members, then we create a Division Two for them, and keep Division One with 12. If any of the present members drop out, that it is something else to deal with. A final decision will have to be made nearer to the start of the season, when we know the numbers who want to take part.

mfb

12th Happy League - The season round-up on 18:41 - Jun 13 with 558 viewsmrhappy

Unless of course we rip everything up
And have a 1 division Superleague.

12th Happy League - The season round-up on 18:42 - Jun 13 with 557 viewsmrhappy

NOT

12th Happy League - The season round-up on 19:34 - Jun 13 with 542 viewsBarsidepete

12th Happy League - The season round-up on 18:42 - Jun 13 by mrhappy

NOT

I agree.

3 down next season, and four up (top 3 plus a 4-7 playoff)

No point in diluting the Prem.

But D1 deserves another promoted. Excellent point totals that will cause headaches for nervy PL'ers.

Login to get fewer ads

12th Happy League - The season round-up on 19:37 - Jun 13 with 539 viewswessex_exile

12th Happy League - The season round-up on 22:27 - Jun 12 by mfb_cufc

The way I see it is that any new members will go into Division One, but if there are too many of them we will create a Division Two to accommodate them. If you put a maximum of say 16 in Division One, like Pete said, you could end up with 4 in Division Two. Also how do you decide what Division new members go into. I would suggest we have a maximum of 19 in Division One, but if there are 8 or more new members, then we create a Division Two for them, and keep Division One with 12. If any of the present members drop out, that it is something else to deal with. A final decision will have to be made nearer to the start of the season, when we know the numbers who want to take part.

Why not play out next season as a two league structure, and if there are enough interested, aim to create a three tier league the following season? We currently have 24 members, and with just a few more we could look at 3 leagues of 9 or 10, with either a two up two down format, or maybe one up two down with the second promotion slot as play-offs for positions 2-5?

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

12th Happy League - The season round-up on 19:39 - Jun 13 with 539 viewsBarsidepete

12th Happy League - The season round-up on 22:27 - Jun 12 by mfb_cufc

I'll take part, obviously.

But I predict 12-14 in D1.

12th Happy League - The season round-up on 00:05 - Jun 14 with 523 viewsmrhappy

If we get 14 teams or more in div 1
An extra promotion spot becomes available.

12th Happy League - The season round-up on 00:08 - Jun 14 with 520 viewsmrhappy

League applications begin on the 10th July

12th Happy League - The season round-up on 15:23 - Jun 14 with 510 viewsmfb_cufc

12th Happy League - The season round-up on 00:05 - Jun 14 by mrhappy

If we get 14 teams or more in div 1
An extra promotion spot becomes available.

I agree with this. Regardless of how many divisions we have, we should try and keep the numbers in each as equal in numbers as possible. It would be good if we could all get friends and relatives to join. I am hopeful of my brother joining for this season.
[Post edited 15 Jun 2015 0:28]

mfb

12th Happy League - The season round-up on 19:16 - Jun 14 with 495 viewsBarsidepete

12th Happy League - The season round-up on 00:08 - Jun 14 by mrhappy

League applications begin on the 10th July

I read that first as "league Appreciation," Haps

We can always go to 20 in the Prem with four relegated, and three automatically up and 4 vie for one playoff promotion.

I don't believe we're at the stage where we need a Division 2.

12th Happy League - The season round-up on 20:27 - Jun 14 with 485 viewsgerry_us

12th Happy League - The season round-up on 19:16 - Jun 14 by Barsidepete

I read that first as "league Appreciation," Haps

We can always go to 20 in the Prem with four relegated, and three automatically up and 4 vie for one playoff promotion.

I don't believe we're at the stage where we need a Division 2.

Barside for the Conference!
12th Happy League - The season round-up on 20:49 - Jun 14 with 483 viewsBarsidepete

12th Happy League - The season round-up on 20:27 - Jun 14 by gerry_us

I am so finishing above you in the D1 table it's not funny.

12th Happy League - The season round-up on 21:38 - Jun 14 with 474 viewsgerry_us

12th Happy League - The season round-up on 20:49 - Jun 14 by Barsidepete

I am so finishing above you in the D1 table it's not funny.

The challenge is on then.
12th Happy League - The season round-up on 22:45 - Jun 14 with 468 viewsBarsidepete

12th Happy League - The season round-up on 21:38 - Jun 14 by gerry_us

The challenge is on then.

Funny thing is, you and I will probably fishing 1 and 2.

12th Happy League - The season round-up on 00:18 - Jun 15 with 451 viewsmfb_cufc

12th Happy League - The season round-up on 22:45 - Jun 14 by Barsidepete

Funny thing is, you and I will probably fishing 1 and 2.

What is the chance of getting Kevin Watson and Kem Izzet to join us next season.

mfb

12th Happy League - The season round-up on 11:47 - Jun 15 with 430 viewsBarsidepete

12th Happy League - The season round-up on 20:27 - Jun 14 by gerry_us

Braintreepete and Gerrygrimsby, inaugural members

12th Happy League - The season round-up on 19:42 - Jun 15 with 415 viewsthrillseeker

Just want to place my appreciation of thanks for mfb for a great admin job last season
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024