Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Infighting 11:51 - Nov 20 with 1311 viewsthrillseeker

Come on people let's return to being friends

This is a great forum that I don't wish to see destroyed by all the infighting.

This forum is so much better than the OMB and we should not lose sight of that.

Let's continue with the great articles being written as well as trying to remain positive that CUFC will get better although even I am beginning to really worry now.
Infighting on 12:16 - Nov 20 with 1303 viewsLeadbelly

As far as I can see there is evidence of only one person on this board or the OMB not being "friendly".

The man is a repeat offender. It's boring, unnecessary and I suspect the vast majority of us don't want any part of it.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Infighting on 12:22 - Nov 20 with 1302 viewsnoah4x4

I gave up writing what were sincere, from the heart match, reports for away games because some readers couldn't respect that it was merely a personal opinion and no more. Instead of posting their alternative opinion to which they are perfectly entitled, they lowered the tone by introducing personal attacks, challenging everything from my integrity to parenthood.

Sometimes I feel ashamed to be a U's fan as the decade of misery that has been our fortunes on the field of play does seem to have over spilled into a 'Lord of the flies' type culture on some terraces, and sadly, more often from my own older generation. I echo your request Thrillseeker,. Let's play nice again and stop bullying.
Infighting on 12:34 - Nov 20 with 1296 viewsthrillseeker

Infighting on 12:16 - Nov 20 by Leadbelly

As far as I can see there is evidence of only one person on this board or the OMB not being "friendly".

The man is a repeat offender. It's boring, unnecessary and I suspect the vast majority of us don't want any part of it.

I'm not going to get involved in any spats.

I just want a return to the good days of the old forum

At the end of the day we all have one thing in common, Colchester United, who we want to succeed

These are depressing times for various reasons but let's keep United

Up the U's
Infighting on 15:37 - Nov 20 with 1260 viewsWessiehomesPete

Infighting on 12:22 - Nov 20 by noah4x4

I gave up writing what were sincere, from the heart match, reports for away games because some readers couldn't respect that it was merely a personal opinion and no more. Instead of posting their alternative opinion to which they are perfectly entitled, they lowered the tone by introducing personal attacks, challenging everything from my integrity to parenthood.

Sometimes I feel ashamed to be a U's fan as the decade of misery that has been our fortunes on the field of play does seem to have over spilled into a 'Lord of the flies' type culture on some terraces, and sadly, more often from my own older generation. I echo your request Thrillseeker,. Let's play nice again and stop bullying.

During tough days it's easy to pick on one person.

I agree, Noah, that even you have fallen victim to an element.

Where the heck is the joy when I was thrilled we were in the Championship but swallowed hard during relegation because The Weston Homes was built for a club in the Championship, not League 1 much less League 2?

I'm not easily at loss for words, but I'm at loss for words.

There wasn't a lot of sympathy from boarders here when my fiancé died of cancer at 52.. where I had to rebook my flight and return a week early since she was getting sicker.

You know. Bald but beautiful woman on constant chemo.

Look, it's not as this site is buzzing with more than a few new topics per day. Some of us merely communicate via inbox, text, and hold on, actual phone calls.

I may not get a star for being the best poster ever, but I'm sick and tired of being bullied by people who feel empowered behind a computer screen. People who hold such a grudge that I HAD TO DECIDE TO STAY IN NORWICH.

Thank you for my new clarity.
Infighting on 20:22 - Nov 20 with 1221 viewsLeadbelly

Infighting on 15:37 - Nov 20 by WessiehomesPete

During tough days it's easy to pick on one person.

I agree, Noah, that even you have fallen victim to an element.

Where the heck is the joy when I was thrilled we were in the Championship but swallowed hard during relegation because The Weston Homes was built for a club in the Championship, not League 1 much less League 2?

I'm not easily at loss for words, but I'm at loss for words.

There wasn't a lot of sympathy from boarders here when my fiancé died of cancer at 52.. where I had to rebook my flight and return a week early since she was getting sicker.

You know. Bald but beautiful woman on constant chemo.

Look, it's not as this site is buzzing with more than a few new topics per day. Some of us merely communicate via inbox, text, and hold on, actual phone calls.

I may not get a star for being the best poster ever, but I'm sick and tired of being bullied by people who feel empowered behind a computer screen. People who hold such a grudge that I HAD TO DECIDE TO STAY IN NORWICH.

Thank you for my new clarity.

Pete,

Please cite the examples of bullying you have received on this board. I'm very keen to read how I and others have been mistreating you.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Infighting on 20:43 - Nov 20 with 1207 viewsWessiehomesPete

Infighting on 20:22 - Nov 20 by Leadbelly

Pete,

Please cite the examples of bullying you have received on this board. I'm very keen to read how I and others have been mistreating you.

A few here have admitted to blocking me. The primary issue I have is with the OMB where there is years of hate at me.

And know what? It started with some fool in Harwich.

Sadly, Wessex_Exile is part of the problem. He just won't let go. Neither will Gerry anymore.

Will my friend Daniel ban me? No. I'm not being rude to any of you.

I don't understand why I become such a topic of conversation here. The U's lose? Pick on Pete for whatever reason. So then there are posts I have to reply to.

What should I do? Get slandered and insulted without commenting?

I've gotten texts and otherwise that what's wrong is I'm an American and many of you lot hate Americans.

Oh well.
[Post edited 20 Nov 2016 20:45]
Infighting on 21:17 - Nov 20 with 1199 viewswessex_exile

Infighting on 12:34 - Nov 20 by thrillseeker

I'm not going to get involved in any spats.

I just want a return to the good days of the old forum

At the end of the day we all have one thing in common, Colchester United, who we want to succeed

These are depressing times for various reasons but let's keep United

Up the U's

Gets my vote TS, onwards and upwards (let's be honest, there's not a lot of space left for downwards).

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

Infighting on 21:28 - Nov 20 with 1190 viewsWessiehomesPete

Infighting on 21:17 - Nov 20 by wessex_exile

Gets my vote TS, onwards and upwards (let's be honest, there's not a lot of space left for downwards).

Feel the same way, Wessex. When I'm there in March it may become a nearly done deal to the Conference.

This is so disheartening. Cowling is running our club into the ground.

I'm so pissed off I can't find the proper words :(
Login to get fewer ads

Infighting on 21:51 - Nov 20 with 1184 viewsdurham_exile

Infighting on 21:17 - Nov 20 by wessex_exile

I agree let's get back to football and Col U.

One person monopolising the board is not good for morale and frankly everyone is sick of it.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Infighting on 00:05 - Nov 21 with 1151 viewsWessiehomesPete

Infighting on 21:51 - Nov 20 by durham_exile

I agree let's get back to football and Col U.

One person monopolising the board is not good for morale and frankly everyone is sick of it.

Up the U's

Durham, maybe I just have to say something.

Although I may be annoying, we might get 1 post per day if we're lucky.

How many threads per week if not for MFB's league, my NFL and the Happy Cup I run?

This started so harmlessly with a mention I'm flying over in March. Then the OMB butchered me, teasing and whatever about a place to stay.

Go on then, Pete.

Sadly the topic of the U's has reached kind of a cul de sac. It's terrible to spend a Saturday morning listening on U's Player, the football intelligencia on the OMB is bitching and moaning, and reading the Gazette online doesn't make me feel any better.

I really feel sad for us. We have a club that Cowling seems willing to drown and I can't figure out what he will get out of possibly entering administration.

This is the worst time I've experienced being a U's fan. I just hope my worst nightmare doesn't come to pass. 1900 for Pompey and 1400 for Mansfield on a Tuesday night :(
Infighting on 11:47 - Nov 21 with 1101 viewsburnsieespana

Thrillseeker you are true.
If we are not careful this will become just like so many facebook groups where such vitrolic statements are the norm.
I for one miss noah's thoughful posts.
The U's have a real problem at the moment and need our support even if we don't like Cowling, Humes or whoever because if we are not careful, we will not have a club.
We certainly do not want to be like Darlington, for eample, having to work themselves up through I don't know how many layers.
So come on people, lets give and take putting aside what has happened over previous weeks.
Infighting on 15:18 - Nov 21 with 1069 viewspwrightsknees

In my view, this board exists for natural, civilised debate and comment. It should be about the U's or other related football and sports topics, and, perhaps in the summer months given over to other fun topics such as musical tastes.

I, like some of you, have felt somewhat uncomfortable with Pete's comments. Even though I strongly disagree with him, I would defend his right to express such ideas, but, I do not think that this board is the right place.

Moreover, if Pete feels physically threatened as he believes, he is right to avoid exposure to such threats.

We also know that Pete has had a horrible time in the last couple of years, so, while our tolerance may have reached its limits, we should also be understanding. Pete is a declared U's fan, so I would suggest that he takes a voluntary break from posting on this board for a few months, then return when, hopefully, things have calmed down.
Infighting on 15:37 - Nov 21 with 1063 viewsmrhappy

have some flowers and a hug all !

MR HAPPY SAYS BE HAPPY - LIFE IS SHORT - MAKE IT COUNT ! GOD BLESS YOU !
Poll: Derby County - how the mighty have fallen - Rooney the Gooney

Infighting on 19:24 - Nov 21 with 1036 viewsWessiehomesPete

Infighting on 15:18 - Nov 21 by pwrightsknees

In my view, this board exists for natural, civilised debate and comment. It should be about the U's or other related football and sports topics, and, perhaps in the summer months given over to other fun topics such as musical tastes.

I, like some of you, have felt somewhat uncomfortable with Pete's comments. Even though I strongly disagree with him, I would defend his right to express such ideas, but, I do not think that this board is the right place.

Moreover, if Pete feels physically threatened as he believes, he is right to avoid exposure to such threats.

We also know that Pete has had a horrible time in the last couple of years, so, while our tolerance may have reached its limits, we should also be understanding. Pete is a declared U's fan, so I would suggest that he takes a voluntary break from posting on this board for a few months, then return when, hopefully, things have calmed down.

PWK, I totally agree with you.

I'll tone it down, but I'm still responsible, obligated, to the NFL PL and Mr Happy's Happy Cup.

The fact I'm staying in Norwich instead of my beloved Colchester is the stupidest fate ever.

Thankfully, due to some nice peeps, I feel 100% comfortable up there.

I've never in my life been to Carrow Road but when the Canaries were on weekly when they were in the Prem, it was one of the main reasons I actually tuned in to NBC broadcasts. *Unlike the UK, we get every single match for FREE.

So Spurs are my guilty pleasure. I listen on U's Player and have the volume down on Spurs on TV. Call it football multitasking :D

Once a month or so we do get Norwich on BeIN sports.

Everyone should be happy to know we haven't yet had an Ipswich game in the states this season. Newcastle shows up on the screen quite often. There seems to be a closet contingent of Magpies supporters who decide to show the black and white on BeIN.
[Post edited 21 Nov 2016 19:28]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024