Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Coventry to be left singing the blues after the Super U's turn on the style 22:13 - Feb 12 with 2220 viewsdurham_exile

JM and his charges return to WHCS action on Tuesday evening against Coventry City. The Sky Blues managed by Mark Robins (who was always a thorn in our side as a player) had a most disappointing result against Accrington Stanley on Saturday in front of 28,343 supporters. This on the back of a defeat to Forest Green suggests that their attention is more directed towards the F A Cup 5th Round match at Brighton on Saturday, where they have already sold 5,000 tickets to their supporters, who clearly sense an upset at the Amex. They are set to bring a tenth of that figure tomorrow evening to Colchester.

Colchester must turn this to their advantage and look to inflict a third successive league defeat on Coventry at Fortress Weston. On Saturday the long trip to Carlisle elicited a single point, when all three were there for the taking. Tuesday affords the U’s the opportunity to draw level with Coventry on the magical 50-point mark and to set them up nicely for the match at Gresty Road against the Railwaymen on Saturday.

Kyel Reid, after his public falling out with his paymasters at the start of the season enjoyed a loan spell with the Super U’s, which was not always productive. He has skill and ability, but he blows hot and cold and often fails to deliver where it matters. In stark contrast Colchester have very generously been loaned the sensational midfielder Ben Stevenson, who ironically was transferred from Coventry to Wolverhampton for £500k. He has talent and ability in spades and gave a very accomplished performance at Carlisle on Saturday. He should be number one on JM’s team sheet.

Now forget all the nonsense about Coventry taking their eye off the ball. Robins will have been seething after the defeat at the weekend and will be keen to put things right at a ground where they fare very well. JM must ensure that the U’s go for the jugular on Tuesday and secure the three points which are very much there for the taking with a professional and disciplined performance.

On Saturday Sean Murray made a very welcome and surprisingly quick return after injury but Kurtis Guthrie picked up an ankle injury after a foul by Clint Hill. Guthrie who in fairness had looked out of sorts did not seem fully fit to me and his side-lining though regrettable will afford him the opportunity to come back restored for the vital run in.

Tuesday will also be too soon for Brennan Dickenson to start, he needs more time before being unleashed by JM. But we need him very soon with new loanee Olamide Shodipo still unfit and this is a shame when he was brought in to play left wing in the interim.

Guthrie’s injury gives JM a decision to make. Does he play safe and bring in the one goal in three-man Liam Mandeville (who frankly looked out of his depth on Saturday) or be adventurous and play Junior Ogedi-Uzokwe with the inspirational Courtney Senior. Is Junior destined to be another Macca Bonne, I hope not because his pace and raw talent is desperately needed to convert chances that are being created but being spurned.

Sadly, JM will always play the safe option and so he will go with the following;

Walker

Eastman Prosser Kent

Jackson Murray Stevenson Wright

Senior Mandron

Mandeville

Subs:
Gilmartin Comley Lapslie Inniss Ogedi-Uzokwe Szmodics Dickenson

He might however spring a surprise and put Dickenson on the bench to perhaps introduce him with 15 to play. Let us hope so.

The Colchester weather looks like it will be around 4 degrees Celsius but wet in the evening. The pitch will be good, and it is up to the faithful to get behind their favourites and spur them to victory.

There are some interesting games tomorrow evening:

Accrington v Crewe
Lincoln v Cheltenham
Luton v Crawley
Mansfield v Newport
Notts Co v Carlisle
Wycombe v Swindon

The time for consistency of results is now and we must secure the maximum against Coventry to send out the message of intent with only 14 games to play and 29 points to obtain.

Enjoy the game, keep the faith and enjoy the three points.

Up the U’s

Durham_exile

Coventry to be left singing the blues after the Super U's turn on the style on 09:53 - Feb 13 with 1435 viewsHungryStudent

Fantastic Match Preview. Games against teams around us are vitally important, all 6 pointers as we look to clamber over our opponents and into the play offs.

I feel an air of excitement tonight, McGreal will want to make up for the mistakes made against Carlisle with an attacking side:

JMc XI:

(3-4-1-2)

Walker
Kent
Prosser
Eastman
Wright
Comley
Stevenson
Jackson
Senior
Junior
Mandron

Bench:
Gilmartin
Inniss
Murray
Lapslie
Mandeville
Szmodics
Dickenson

No inclusion for Dickenson in last nights 4-1 loss to Crystal Palace (Decarrey Sheriff with another goal... 6 in 3) means he'll make his return to 1st team football tonight. Would love to see him get 20 mins.
Coventry to be left singing the blues after the Super U's turn on the style on 11:58 - Feb 13 with 1424 viewsdurham_exile

Coventry to be left singing the blues after the Super U's turn on the style on 09:53 - Feb 13 by HungryStudent

Fantastic Match Preview. Games against teams around us are vitally important, all 6 pointers as we look to clamber over our opponents and into the play offs.

I feel an air of excitement tonight, McGreal will want to make up for the mistakes made against Carlisle with an attacking side:

JMc XI:

(3-4-1-2)

Walker
Kent
Prosser
Eastman
Wright
Comley
Stevenson
Jackson
Senior
Junior
Mandron

Bench:
Gilmartin
Inniss
Murray
Lapslie
Mandeville
Szmodics
Dickenson

No inclusion for Dickenson in last nights 4-1 loss to Crystal Palace (Decarrey Sheriff with another goal... 6 in 3) means he'll make his return to 1st team football tonight. Would love to see him get 20 mins.

HungryStudent (HS) my only reservation is whether JM is adventurous enough to go with Junior. He may plump for Mandeville instead.

Clearly they are hopeful about Guthrie, but I think that it is too soon for him.

But I totally agree with Dickenson getting some game time and I note that he has been included in the Matchday squad.

Enjoy the game.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Coventry to be left singing the blues after the Super U's turn on the style on 12:21 - Feb 13 with 1417 viewsoxfcolu

Quoting the obvious but selection is so important tonight. It requires an attacking format where the team goes all out attack for 90 minutes. In reality I fear the same old faces, 1 goal and sit deep again. Sorry for the negativity but please Mr Manager/Coach, head of whatever please prove me wrong with a convincing win. I live and work to far for tonight's match but am heading up to Crewe this weekend.
Coventry to be left singing the blues after the Super U's turn on the style on 15:17 - Feb 13 with 1307 viewsburnsieespana

Try something unexpected and bring Dickenson on for 30 mins at the start to see if he can still work the magic and get us ahead with a couple of goals rather than for 20 mins at the end?
Coventry to be left singing the blues after the Super U's turn on the style on 15:20 - Feb 13 with 1306 viewsLeadbelly

We need to win games and lots of them to have any chance of a playoff place but there has been little evidence this season to support the view that JM is likely to select a really attacking line up. I hope he does but would be surprised if it happens.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Coventry to be left singing the blues after the Super U's turn on the style on 18:51 - Feb 13 with 1236 viewsdurham_exile

Hats OFF to JM he has made a bold statement:

Team

Walker

Eastman Prosser Kent

Vincent-Young Comley Stevenson Wright

Senior Mandron Ogedi-Uzokwe

Subs:
Gilmartin Inniss Lapslie Murray Dickenson Szmodics Mandeville

Great to see Junior and Senior starting with Dickenson on the bench.

Now we just need the three points

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Coventry to be left singing the blues after the Super U's turn on the style on 19:31 - Feb 13 with 1214 viewsgerry_us

Coventry to be left singing the blues after the Super U's turn on the style on 18:51 - Feb 13 by durham_exile

Hats OFF to JM he has made a bold statement:

Team

Walker

Eastman Prosser Kent

Vincent-Young Comley Stevenson Wright

Senior Mandron Ogedi-Uzokwe

Subs:
Gilmartin Inniss Lapslie Murray Dickenson Szmodics Mandeville

Great to see Junior and Senior starting with Dickenson on the bench.

Now we just need the three points

Up the U's

Sammy in place of Mandron would be perfect.
Coventry to be left singing the blues after the Super U's turn on the style on 20:08 - Feb 13 with 1196 viewsdurham_exile

Col U slight favourites

Come on

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Login to get fewer ads

Coventry to be left singing the blues after the Super U's turn on the style on 20:13 - Feb 13 with 1192 viewsgerry_us

Coventry to be left singing the blues after the Super U's turn on the style on 20:08 - Feb 13 by durham_exile

Col U slight favourites

Come on

Up the U's

Junior is up and running. Makes his 2 minute appearances look pretty stupid.
Coventry to be left singing the blues after the Super U's turn on the style on 20:13 - Feb 13 with 1192 viewsdurham_exile

Coventry to be left singing the blues after the Super U's turn on the style on 20:08 - Feb 13 by durham_exile

Col U slight favourites

Come on

Up the U's

Junior fouled gets up and tucks away the penalty

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Coventry to be left singing the blues after the Super U's turn on the style on 20:33 - Feb 13 with 1182 viewsdurham_exile

Coventry to be left singing the blues after the Super U's turn on the style on 20:13 - Feb 13 by durham_exile

Junior fouled gets up and tucks away the penalty

Up the U's

HT so far so good.

Now we must not sit back and instead must go for a second goal.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Coventry to be left singing the blues after the Super U's turn on the style on 20:44 - Feb 13 with 1177 viewsgerry_us

Coventry to be left singing the blues after the Super U's turn on the style on 20:33 - Feb 13 by durham_exile

HT so far so good.

Now we must not sit back and instead must go for a second goal.

Up the U's

....and you think our esteemed manager has the same idea? I really hope so but we will know in about 45 minutes.
Coventry to be left singing the blues after the Super U's turn on the style on 20:59 - Feb 13 with 1171 viewsdurham_exile

Coventry to be left singing the blues after the Super U's turn on the style on 20:44 - Feb 13 by gerry_us

....and you think our esteemed manager has the same idea? I really hope so but we will know in about 45 minutes.

Coventry's first shot on target and its 1-1 we just cannot hold a lead

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Coventry to be left singing the blues after the Super U's turn on the style on 21:00 - Feb 13 with 1169 viewsgerry_us

Coventry to be left singing the blues after the Super U's turn on the style on 20:59 - Feb 13 by durham_exile

Coventry's first shot on target and its 1-1 we just cannot hold a lead

Up the U's

Here we go again!
Coventry to be left singing the blues after the Super U's turn on the style on 21:02 - Feb 13 with 1164 viewsdurham_exile

Coventry to be left singing the blues after the Super U's turn on the style on 21:00 - Feb 13 by gerry_us

Here we go again!

Attendance 3,319

Coventry have at least 400 in the crowd.

Everything to do now.

We must win the game

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Coventry to be left singing the blues after the Super U's turn on the style on 21:08 - Feb 13 with 1161 viewsdurham_exile

Coventry to be left singing the blues after the Super U's turn on the style on 21:02 - Feb 13 by durham_exile

Attendance 3,319

Coventry have at least 400 in the crowd.

Everything to do now.

We must win the game

Up the U's

Must be time for Brennan Dickenson to replace Drey Wright

Up the U's
[Post edited 13 Feb 2018 21:08]

Durham_exile

Coventry to be left singing the blues after the Super U's turn on the style on 21:12 - Feb 13 with 1157 viewsdurham_exile

Coventry to be left singing the blues after the Super U's turn on the style on 21:08 - Feb 13 by durham_exile

Must be time for Brennan Dickenson to replace Drey Wright

Up the U's
[Post edited 13 Feb 2018 21:08]

Szmodics for Senior

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Coventry to be left singing the blues after the Super U's turn on the style on 21:19 - Feb 13 with 1152 viewsdurham_exile

Coventry to be left singing the blues after the Super U's turn on the style on 21:12 - Feb 13 by durham_exile

Szmodics for Senior

Up the U's

Dickenson gets 13 minutes can he make the difference

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Coventry to be left singing the blues after the Super U's turn on the style on 21:26 - Feb 13 with 1149 viewsdurham_exile

Coventry to be left singing the blues after the Super U's turn on the style on 21:19 - Feb 13 by durham_exile

Dickenson gets 13 minutes can he make the difference

Up the U's

Stevenson off Murray on

Can we score a vital goal

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Coventry to be left singing the blues after the Super U's turn on the style on 21:30 - Feb 13 with 1145 viewsdurham_exile

Coventry to be left singing the blues after the Super U's turn on the style on 21:26 - Feb 13 by durham_exile

Stevenson off Murray on

Can we score a vital goal

Up the U's

Promotion hopes rekindled

Mandron

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Coventry to be left singing the blues after the Super U's turn on the style on 21:31 - Feb 13 with 1142 viewsdurham_exile

Coventry to be left singing the blues after the Super U's turn on the style on 21:30 - Feb 13 by durham_exile

Promotion hopes rekindled

Mandron

Up the U's

4 mins added time

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Coventry to be left singing the blues after the Super U's turn on the style on 21:35 - Feb 13 with 1137 viewsdurham_exile

Coventry to be left singing the blues after the Super U's turn on the style on 21:31 - Feb 13 by durham_exile

4 mins added time

Up the U's

BRILLIANT

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Coventry to be left singing the blues after the Super U's turn on the style on 21:41 - Feb 13 with 1132 viewsgerry_us

Coventry to be left singing the blues after the Super U's turn on the style on 21:35 - Feb 13 by durham_exile

BRILLIANT

Up the U's

I'll take back all I said about Mandron....for now.
Same starting line up for Crewe hopefully.
Coventry to be left singing the blues after the Super U's turn on the style on 21:53 - Feb 13 with 1119 viewsdurham_exile

Coventry to be left singing the blues after the Super U's turn on the style on 21:41 - Feb 13 by gerry_us

I'll take back all I said about Mandron....for now.
Same starting line up for Crewe hopefully.

Gerry

I think:

Walker

Eastman Prosser Kent

Vincent-Young Comley Stevenson Dickenson

Senior Mandron Junior

Up the U's

PS I think that I'm going to the Crewe game!!!!!!!!

Durham_exile

Coventry to be left singing the blues after the Super U's turn on the style on 21:54 - Feb 13 with 1119 viewswessex_exile

About time we did that to someone else instead - bloody brilliant!

Onwards to Crewe, for the faithful that are travelling, see you there.

Up the U's!!!

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024