Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Carabao Cup will get the Super U's rocking at Jonny's place 21:11 - Aug 13 with 1369 viewsdurham_exile

After a very bright start to the season JM takes his charges to the quaintly named Jonny-Rocks Stadium. Apparently, Jonny-Rocks is a high-end Chauffeur and business travel transport company (I looked it up).

Gary Johnson is the manager and they have had a poor start to the season with league defeats but will be looking to secure a victory in the Carabao Cup against confident Colchester. Extra time has been scrapped so if the match finishes all square we move straight to penalties in the conventional ABAB format.

JM is likely to make number of changes which makes considerable sense with a tough fixture at Mansfield on Saturday. However, the League Cup offers the opportunity to go toe to toe with one of the bigger teams and we should not therefore either take the opposition or the competition too lightly on Tuesday evening.

It would be apposite to give Bailey Vose the opportunity to get a game between the sticks and play Ryan Gondoh and Brandon Comley in midfield. Harry Pell should be on the bench against his old team whilst the predicted bench will still look very strong if required.

Vose

Jackson Eastman Prosser Vincent-Young

Senior Comley Gondoh Dickenson

Collins Mandron

Subs:

Barnes (D) Barnes (A) Kent Wright Pell Szmodics Nouble

Most disappointingly is the news that Norris remains side-lined with injury niggles.

Weather should be reasonable and the pitch good.

The Super U’s will be looking to maintain their unbeaten start to the season. Winning becomes infectious.

Safe journey to the travelling faithful.

Enjoy the game and 1-0 to the U’s

Up the U’s

Durham_exile

Carabao Cup will get the Super U's rocking at Jonny's place on 22:14 - Aug 13 with 927 viewsoxfcolu

Not to far for me and looking forward to the match.
Carabao Cup will get the Super U's rocking at Jonny's place on 18:53 - Aug 14 with 854 viewsdurham_exile

Tonight's team:

Barnes

Jackson Eastman Kent

Senior Comley Pell Dickenson

Collins Mandron Norris

Subs:

Vose Prosser Barnes A Wright Szmodics Gondoh Nouble

Full marks to JM a very attacking line up and 3,4,3 formation which should prove too strong for Cheltenham.

Bench is strong too.

Up the U's

[Post edited 14 Aug 2018 19:48]

Durham_exile

Carabao Cup will get the Super U's rocking at Jonny's place on 19:39 - Aug 14 with 845 viewswessex_exile

Carabao Cup will get the Super U's rocking at Jonny's place on 18:53 - Aug 14 by durham_exile

Tonight's team:

Barnes

Jackson Eastman Kent

Senior Comley Pell Dickenson

Collins Mandron Norris

Subs:

Vose Prosser Barnes A Wright Szmodics Gondoh Nouble

Full marks to JM a very attacking line up and 3,4,3 formation which should prove too strong for Cheltenham.

Bench is strong too.

Up the U's

[Post edited 14 Aug 2018 19:48]

Harry Pell has the captaincy too - nice touch!

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

Carabao Cup will get the Super U's rocking at Jonny's place on 19:49 - Aug 14 with 835 viewsdurham_exile

Carabao Cup will get the Super U's rocking at Jonny's place on 19:39 - Aug 14 by wessex_exile

Harry Pell has the captaincy too - nice touch!

Broom has just swept Cheltenham into the lead!

Bet the U's fans are bristling now

Durham_exile

Carabao Cup will get the Super U's rocking at Jonny's place on 20:02 - Aug 14 with 823 viewsdurham_exile

This is character building tonight, so it is up to the U's to knuckle down and start to play some football.

A mistake from Kent led to the goal but the U's are shaky at present.

Still early days - Up the U's

Durham_exile

Carabao Cup will get the Super U's rocking at Jonny's place on 20:03 - Aug 14 with 823 viewsFruitbat

Carabao Cup will get the Super U's rocking at Jonny's place on 19:49 - Aug 14 by durham_exile

Well that didn't take long. Of course, this being the league cup I fully expect us to lose. It's traditional.
Carabao Cup will get the Super U's rocking at Jonny's place on 20:15 - Aug 14 with 818 viewsdurham_exile

For some strange reason Eastman started on the left and Kent the right now corrected but still trailing.

Come on the U's

Durham_exile

Carabao Cup will get the Super U's rocking at Jonny's place on 20:21 - Aug 14 with 813 viewsdurham_exile

More pressure from the U's

Come on

Durham_exile

Login to get fewer ads

Carabao Cup will get the Super U's rocking at Jonny's place on 20:29 - Aug 14 with 811 viewsdurham_exile

More shots

More corners

but nooooooooo goals!

Come on the U's

Durham_exile

Carabao Cup will get the Super U's rocking at Jonny's place on 20:32 - Aug 14 with 809 viewsdurham_exile

2 additional minutes

Durham_exile

Carabao Cup will get the Super U's rocking at Jonny's place on 20:41 - Aug 14 with 807 viewsgerry_us

Carabao Cup will get the Super U's rocking at Jonny's place on 19:49 - Aug 14 by durham_exile

Yep, got it Peter.
Very whimsical.
Carabao Cup will get the Super U's rocking at Jonny's place on 20:53 - Aug 14 with 805 viewsdurham_exile

Carabao Cup will get the Super U's rocking at Jonny's place on 20:41 - Aug 14 by gerry_us

Yep, got it Peter.
Very whimsical.

Gerry looks like the handle has fallen off tonight. But we still have 42 minutes to find a goal.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Carabao Cup will get the Super U's rocking at Jonny's place on 20:56 - Aug 14 with 803 viewsdurham_exile

Bit of needle creeping in now.

Come on we need to get back into this match.

Especially as Mansfield are 4-1 against Accrington Stanley in their cup match.

Test of character now.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Carabao Cup will get the Super U's rocking at Jonny's place on 21:12 - Aug 14 with 791 viewsdurham_exile

Szmodics on for Collins

Nouble on for Mandron
[Post edited 14 Aug 2018 21:13]

Durham_exile

Carabao Cup will get the Super U's rocking at Jonny's place on 21:15 - Aug 14 with 786 viewsdurham_exile

Now 2-0

An early exit beckons I'm afraid

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Carabao Cup will get the Super U's rocking at Jonny's place on 21:23 - Aug 14 with 782 viewsdurham_exile

Szmodics 2-1

Come on

Durham_exile

Carabao Cup will get the Super U's rocking at Jonny's place on 21:25 - Aug 14 with 780 viewsgerry_us

Carabao Cup will get the Super U's rocking at Jonny's place on 21:23 - Aug 14 by durham_exile

Szmodics 2-1

Come on

2-2
Penalties?
Carabao Cup will get the Super U's rocking at Jonny's place on 21:26 - Aug 14 with 780 viewsdurham_exile

Norris 2-2

Durham_exile

Carabao Cup will get the Super U's rocking at Jonny's place on 21:39 - Aug 14 with 771 viewsdurham_exile

Penalties it is

Durham_exile

Carabao Cup will get the Super U's rocking at Jonny's place on 21:52 - Aug 14 with 762 viewsdurham_exile

Cheltenham won 6-5 on pens

Norris and Senior missed

Durham_exile

Carabao Cup will get the Super U's rocking at Jonny's place on 21:52 - Aug 14 with 762 viewswessex_exile

Carabao Cup will get the Super U's rocking at Jonny's place on 21:39 - Aug 14 by durham_exile

Penalties it is

Oh well, but we did well to at least get back in to the game for a penalty shoot-out.

Lost 6-5

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

Carabao Cup will get the Super U's rocking at Jonny's place on 10:42 - Aug 15 with 681 viewsMoor_Pinot

Yes, Wessex, we did........and we did not lose in real time. Cheltenham seem to be somewhat tricky opponents for the U's.

However, it was a draw which means that the first 10 fixtures of this season see us unbeaten. I hope that we can remember how we have started the season defensively strong before Saturday......Mansfield got 6 last night!

Moor Pinot

Carabao Cup will get the Super U's rocking at Jonny's place on 10:56 - Aug 15 with 679 viewsLeadbelly

Carabao Cup will get the Super U's rocking at Jonny's place on 10:42 - Aug 15 by Moor_Pinot

Yes, Wessex, we did........and we did not lose in real time. Cheltenham seem to be somewhat tricky opponents for the U's.

However, it was a draw which means that the first 10 fixtures of this season see us unbeaten. I hope that we can remember how we have started the season defensively strong before Saturday......Mansfield got 6 last night!

"10 fixtures of this season see us unbeaten"

Are you including pre-season or have I missed 7 games?

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Carabao Cup will get the Super U's rocking at Jonny's place on 11:02 - Aug 15 with 677 viewsMoor_Pinot

Yes whales it includes the friendlies..........I need anything to keep my optimism alive and in most previous seasons we have included a friendly v that team up the road, lost it and it's never done us any good. This year we didn't play 'em and I can't tell you how relieved I was. Little things enable me to keep the faith, pathetic really.

Moor Pinot

Carabao Cup will get the Super U's rocking at Jonny's place on 12:09 - Aug 15 with 671 viewsLeadbelly

Carabao Cup will get the Super U's rocking at Jonny's place on 11:02 - Aug 15 by Moor_Pinot

Yes whales it includes the friendlies..........I need anything to keep my optimism alive and in most previous seasons we have included a friendly v that team up the road, lost it and it's never done us any good. This year we didn't play 'em and I can't tell you how relieved I was. Little things enable me to keep the faith, pathetic really.

Received and understood!

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024